General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

NYC racefans: reporting about Franny Lou on Saturday night >>

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2000, 07:17 AM

There was again some racing...then the popo from the 107 showed up...stuck around and left...more racing....they came back...arrested some dumbass in a Civic that tried to run from them.

Some other guy in a Civic hatchback spanked a 1996 Impala SS.
Old 11-13-2000, 08:10 AM

Now thats more like it...

I never even knew that racing existed on Franny Lou. I always pass there when I'm in queens. I've even got into a few stop light races there. I'll be sure to check for fellow Max riderz out there. Specially you Albertt, what color is your ride???
Old 11-13-2000, 08:54 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

A few weeks ago I was on franny lou by the HS. And I saw a string of cars driving around. I think it was a friday night. There were civics, and old corollas, I think an old RX-7 and some domestics. All driving around in a line. I was wondering what the hell was going on. And in the pack. I see what appeared to be a silver 4th gen, with strobes! Then, I realized I was on franny lou. =) I didn't want any part of that though. Last thing I need is to be part of that pack and pulled over.

What do they do when they pull ya over? Do they check your hood and stuff and try to give you a ticket for anything they can?

ZuM
Old 11-13-2000, 09:34 AM

Re: Now thats more like it...

Originally posted by 2ndMAX
I never even knew that racing existed on Franny Lou. I always pass there when I'm in queens. I've even got into a few stop light races there. I'll be sure to check for fellow Max riderz out there. Specially you Albertt, what color is your ride???
Yep...ever since I was too young to be there...there have been races. Used to go there the most when I still had my Mustang.

I drive a stock black 4th gen GXE.
Old 11-13-2000, 09:39 AM

The way it usually goes is >>

Originally posted by ZuMBLe
A few weeks ago I was on franny lou by the HS. And I saw a string of cars driving around. I think it was a friday night. There were civics, and old corollas, I think an old RX-7 and some domestics. All driving around in a line. I was wondering what the hell was going on. And in the pack. I see what appeared to be a silver 4th gen, with strobes! Then, I realized I was on franny lou. =) I didn't want any part of that though. Last thing I need is to be part of that pack and pulled over.

What do they do when they pull ya over? Do they check your hood and stuff and try to give you a ticket for anything they can?

ZuM
There are too many people for them to check. If you are caught racing...you're screwed. If you do something stupid (like the guy last night who tried to drive down the street backwards) then they ticket you. If your car looks modded, they check you out completely. The smartest thing to do is to park your car in the Waldbaums lot, close to the supermarket or the diner, or park in the 7-11 lot and walk over to St. Francis Prep. This way, when the popo comes, you just walk away.
Old 11-13-2000, 10:01 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: The way it usually goes is >>

So are there really any awesome cars out there? I dono if I want to bother watching. If the cops are gonna come and its not that much of a show. I would rather not bother.

ZuM

Originally posted by Albertt
There are too many people for them to check. If you are caught racing...you're screwed. If you do something stupid (like the guy last night who tried to drive down the street backwards) then they ticket you. If your car looks modded, they check you out completely. The smartest thing to do is to park your car in the Waldbaums lot, close to the supermarket or the diner, or park in the 7-11 lot and walk over to St. Francis Prep. This way, when the popo comes, you just walk away. [/I]
Old 11-13-2000, 11:47 AM

Re: Re: The way it usually goes is >>

Originally posted by ZuMBLe
So are there really any awesome cars out there? I dono if I want to bother watching. If the cops are gonna come and its not that much of a show. I would rather not bother.

ZuM
It's a matter of excitement...I for one have always enjoyed the excitement...of the racing...the crowds and the chance that the popo will show up and we all have to fan out in all directions to avoid them. Then the excitement of coming back to the scene after the popo leaves (cuz they think we've all gone home) and doing more racing.