General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

kyb agx w/ eibach springs...

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2002, 04:00 PM

kyb agx w/ eibach springs...

well this past weekend i installed the front struts...with the front set at 2...the ride was really bouncy...the next day i installed the rear shocks...i set the front for 1 and the rear for 2...the ride is bouncy but not at bouncy as it was before...my question is...is it because the struts/shocks are new so therefore they are very stiff at current time??? or is it my springs??? or is it my settings??? also can someone explain to me how the lil **** can physically change the stiffness of the struts/shocks???
Old 02-05-2002, 04:51 PM

Re: kyb agx w/ eibach springs...

Originally posted by Yellowbrother
well this past weekend i installed the front struts...with the front set at 2...the ride was really bouncy...the next day i installed the rear shocks...i set the front for 1 and the rear for 2...the ride is bouncy but not at bouncy as it was before...my question is...is it because the struts/shocks are new so therefore they are very stiff at current time??? or is it my springs??? or is it my settings??? also can someone explain to me how the lil **** can physically change the stiffness of the struts/shocks???
about two weeks ago i put my AGX's down to 1 and my rears down to 2 just for a changeup. it felt like a cheap car again, so i put them back to my original settings of 3 and 6 respectively. i like the firm ride and instantaneous steering response afforded by it. i don't think i will ever turn them down unless i ride in very bumpy conditions. the **** adjusts valves in the shock body that will slow the fluid inside according to how high you set them. that's how the firmness is adjusted.