General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

rim was scratched by tire company during lug torqing...

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2002, 09:50 PM

rim was scratched by tire company during lug torqing...

i had my rims mounted and put on my car, i noticed that the area by the lug holes had a chip, nothing noticble when the car is moving, but the chip is there none the less. should i talk to the manager at the company? is there something I should do/can do?

they were perfect this morning, so i'm kinda ticked, but then again, it's not a big chip.

i guess i am wondering if the company is responsible for that tick, or, if it's something that just happens?
Old 02-05-2002, 10:28 PM

I'm an idiot. I have no idea how to solve your problem other than posting something so ignorant, it has to be edited by a moderator.
Old 02-05-2002, 10:37 PM

might as well talk to them, you've got nothing to lose.
Old 02-05-2002, 10:56 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by 24KP-I-M-P
I'm an idiot. I have no idea how to solve your problem other than posting something so ignorant, it has to be edited by a moderator.
Old 02-06-2002, 02:39 AM

Re: rim was scratched by tire company during lug torqing...

Originally posted by ngthing
i had my rims mounted and put on my car, i noticed that the area by the lug holes had a chip, nothing noticble when the car is moving, but the chip is there none the less. should i talk to the manager at the company? is there something I should do/can do?

they were perfect this morning, so i'm kinda ticked, but then again, it's not a big chip.

i guess i am wondering if the company is responsible for that tick, or, if it's something that just happens?
I had all my rims scratched in the lug area because the retards at town fair tire used a socket that was to big I complain and recieved 4 new rims the following week
Old 02-06-2002, 03:52 AM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Re: rim was scratched by tire company during lug torqing...

Originally posted by ngthing

it doesn't hurt to talk to the manager...just do it in a calm fashion. i've seen this type of thing at a local shop and people come in ranting and raving and screaming and the owner is just like F you pal and when someone complains in a respectable manner things get accomplished...good luck
Old 02-06-2002, 03:58 AM

Re: Re: rim was scratched by tire company during lug torqing...

Originally posted by Chris91SE

it doesn't hurt to talk to the manager...just do it in a calm fashion. i've seen this type of thing at a local shop and people come in ranting and raving and screaming and the owner is just like F you pal and when someone complains in a respectable manner things get accomplished...good luck
Yeah, one has to be reasonable and allow for human error. Nobody has ever touched my factory rims except ME doing the rotations over 58k. There are all kinds of chips on my rims from the road, as well as 4 caps that are faded away. If I take my car in for the RE950's to be mounted and then complain, I'd be the one who is unreasonable.

It's like accusing someone of stealing--better be sure it was the case or you're gonna make a lot of people mad and on the defensive.
Old 02-06-2002, 05:27 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

The same thing happened to me...

But I didn't complain. They are tuner wheels so one needs a long socket. Anyways they were just tightening my lugs and made 6 chips on them (5 on 1 wheel 1 on another), but since they did it for free I said to hell with it. I'm going to get them powdercoated sometime in the future anyways so its not worth my trouble.
-Cyrus
Old 02-06-2002, 04:49 PM

You should always have them look at your wheels before and after they do work on your wheels/tires,they may say that was already there bc you came back and they dont want to buy you new wheels good luck
Old 02-06-2002, 05:03 PM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

Most shops don't know how to mount wheels without damaging them. The socket wall is too thick. What I use is a thin wall deep socket from Sear's, and I torque with with an extendition bar. This way nothing will come close to the rims or the lug holes.
Old 02-06-2002, 07:58 PM

go back to the shop and speak to your initial contact and see what kind of deal you can work out as far as compensation. if that does not get you a solution plead your case with the owner of the business.

do not go in screaming and ranting like and idiot/a$$hole, you wont get far. i do my best to right a problem (such as yours) with any
of my customers should one occur. (they do) in most cases we were able to reach and aggreement. be reasonable and you should see some results.

JDyer2821
I had all my rims scratched in the lug area because the retards at town fair tire used a socket that was to big I complain and recieved 4 new rims the following week

as an employee of Town Fair Tire i am sorry you had that experience. if you are ever in the New Britian Ct (current location) area stop by i would like to meet a fellow board member.
Old 02-06-2002, 08:39 PM

Originally posted by DAREN
go back to the shop and speak to your initial contact and see what kind of deal you can work out as far as compensation. if that does not get you a solution plead your case with the owner of the business.

do not go in screaming and ranting like and idiot/a$$hole, you wont get far. i do my best to right a problem (such as yours) with any
of my customers should one occur. (they do) in most cases we were able to reach and aggreement. be reasonable and you should see some results.

JDyer2821

as an employee of Town Fair Tire i am sorry you had that experience. if you are ever in the New Britian Ct (current location) area stop by i would like to meet a fellow board member.
This is the worst town fair in my town They **** around with the cars in the back! I seen them playing with a bmw Plus they drive SUPER riced out hondas and a dodge status I will get pics of there rides and u own a max so u have to be cool
Old 02-06-2002, 08:57 PM

Originally posted by JDwyer2821
This is the worst town fair in my town They **** around with the cars in the back! I seen them playing with a bmw Plus they drive SUPER riced out hondas and a dodge status I will get pics of there rides and u own a max so u have to be cool

report them. i would not accept that at my location.
Old 02-06-2002, 09:19 PM

Originally posted by DAREN

report them. i would not accept that at my location.
I just don,t bother with them anymore. one day they are going to F3ck around with the wrong car and be in hot water
Old 02-07-2002, 06:33 PM