General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Pics of "Crystal White" Purple Hanabi HID

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2002, 06:52 PM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Pics of "Crystal White" Purple Hanabi HID

The color on these are amazing. Like nothing you've ever seen on the road. The camara just doesn't do it justice but you'll get an idea. They look white on the road and very clear if you stare into them but everything has this amazing glow of a lavender/purple hue. They make the lights on every other car, including the factory HIDs look sort of yellowish/green if you put these next to them. It's really hard to explain. Must be the way your eyes see the color spectrum. You really should see these in person, there something else!
Purple Hanabi 1
Purple Hanabi 2
Purple Hanabi 3
Purple Hanabi 4
Purple Hanabi 5
Purple Hanabi 6
Old 02-07-2002, 07:08 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

its probably the camera, but they dont look bright at all, thats what im guessing, have u reaimed that at all, maybe if you put them a tad more down they will be more focused cuz more light on one area, like right in between high and low beams, like im saying its probably the camera though, cuz ive seen some that are amazin and some that are weak, depends on situation
Old 02-07-2002, 07:20 PM

Yea the digital camara doesn't do them justice and the road was wet there too. But these babies are bright as hell. They light up the road like daylight! Trust me on that. I have them adjusted to hit the road way out. I feel like I can see for about a tenth of a mile on a stretch. You can actually see them light up the road during the day if there pointed down. If you look at the 3rd pic, I'm actually 4 or 5 car lengths back from where they hit that parking space. And it was totally black in that lot. Some of the ground was wet there as well and that just reflects the light back up.
Old 02-07-2002, 07:49 PM

Originally posted by njmaxseltd
Yea the digital camara doesn't do them justice and the road was wet there too. But these babies are bright as hell. They light up the road like daylight! Trust me on that. I have them adjusted to hit the road way out. I feel like I can see for about a tenth of a mile on a stretch. You can actually see them light up the road during the day if there pointed down. If you look at the 3rd pic, I'm actually 4 or 5 car lengths back from where they hit that parking space. And it was totally black in that lot. Some of the ground was wet there as well and that just reflects the light back up.
Nice pics man, I like them alot, I ordered the blue kit (personal preferance) and I hope they are as bright as everyone is saying, I drove my dad's 2001 QX4 around the other night in the rain I unlike in my car where I can't see two feet in front of me, with the hids I could see everything everyone says that the hanabi kit is brighter than the stock hids in the QX4 so I can't wait to get my kit in, was it a pretty easy install?
Old 02-07-2002, 08:00 PM
Chick specializing in rounding up 100+ Maximas

Looks great Tom!

Are you planning to re-aim them or leave 'em as they are now?

AnGe
Old 02-07-2002, 09:03 PM

I just got my hid 2 days ago. Believe me you have to reaim them if you have the bulbs in it oem poistion. They are very offensive to opposing traffic. How do I know? Well, I told my g/f to drive my car and I drive her grand am and she was in back of me and they are bright as **** in the oem position, since I never adjusted the oem bulbs. I also told her to drive past me in a car like going opposite ways and they are bright. I ajusted and it look good now. I don't see the WHOLE road anymore but I bet it's like 100% better then the pattern of my piaa superwhites. BTW, you are exactly right on the tenth of a mile stretch example. very right!
Old 02-08-2002, 05:22 AM

Originally posted by 97MaxGurl
Looks great Tom!

Are you planning to re-aim them or leave 'em as they are now?

AnGe
I'm going to leave them. I haven't been high beamed yet and most of my driving is on the highway so let people use the night setting on their rear view morrors! Besides I love seeing that far down the road. It's so damn cool.
Old 02-08-2002, 05:56 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

So the bulbs were your problem?
Old 02-08-2002, 07:08 AM

Originally posted by deezo
So the bulbs were your problem?
Yes, Had a mix match set 1st, then blue - and I mean BLUE set, switched to the Purple to see what there like. Matching set finally, mad bright and wicked color.
Old 02-08-2002, 12:45 PM

Yes, Had a mix match set 1st, then blue - and I mean BLUE set, switched to the Purple to see what there like. Matching set finally, mad bright and wicked color.
That purple would look good with the color of my ride.

I also just noticed you went with orange markers. They do make the contrast of the HID's look good.
Old 02-08-2002, 01:47 PM

That purple would look good with the color of my ride.
Your right I bet they would look awsome on your color.

I also just noticed you went with orange markers. They do make the contrast of the HID's look good.
Nothing can even come close to matching the color of the Habani kit. The blue HID bulbs made my PIAA 1157 look like dim stock bulbs, only off color. The purple kit made them look sort of greenish. The front of my car looked like an x-mass tree. The orange bulbs actually make the front end look very even. They also make the headlights stand out. Now for the fogs. I think I'm going to go with PIAA ION fogs. I think the only way to make them look descent is if they blend in with the orange and yellow markers. I hear the Ion bulbs are nice and strong too.
Old 02-08-2002, 02:29 PM

[B]
Your right I bet they would look awsome on your color.

Now for the fogs. I think I'm going to go with PIAA ION fogs.
Old 02-08-2002, 03:58 PM

nice tom!

but are they as bright as mine? what bulb did u do with freddy? same as mine or the actual purple, making you the second person on the org with them?
Old 02-08-2002, 04:26 PM

Re: nice tom!

Originally posted by 1HOTMAX
but are they as bright as mine? what bulb did u do with freddy? same as mine or the actual purple, making you the second person on the org with them?
I took the purple ones from him to test them out. They definately are something else. The color is hard to describe and they are very bright. The same brightnes level as the normal blue bulbs only with this totally outragious tint of purpleish lavender. They look white on the road and totally drown out anybodys lights around you.

Second person? I though I was the first
Old 02-08-2002, 04:31 PM

Looks good. Keep up the modding.

SuDZ
Old 02-08-2002, 08:14 PM
Spelled with a I not a L for Iilac. Prounced Ii-eee-ack.

Nice looking HIDS there. I can't wait to get my blue ones, I would had gotten purple but didn't want the cops to have any reason to pull me over.

Old 02-09-2002, 06:52 PM

The orange bulbs actually make the front end look very even. They also make the headlights stand out
what kind of orange bulbs are those?? a good contrast with the HIDs!!!
Old 02-09-2002, 07:28 PM

Originally posted by j_bryan

what kind of orange bulbs are those?? a good contrast with the HIDs!!!
Just go to your local Autozone, Pep Boys etc. and buy some orange 1157 bulbs then rewire them to be brighter or you can just do it the easy way and shave off the higher nub of the bulb....as a matter of fact you can jut use a nail clipper and clip it then stick it back in housing sideways. Dude aren't you already suppose to know this.
Old 02-09-2002, 08:32 PM

Originally posted by platinumplus
Just go to your local Autozone, Pep Boys etc. and buy some orange 1157 bulbs then rewire them to be brighter or you can just do it the easy way and shave off the higher nub of the bulb....as a matter of fact you can jut use a nail clipper and clip it then stick it back in housing sideways. Dude aren't you already suppose to know this.
most of you guys know that i'm a nice guy but some ppl on this org just talk alot of ****. the sad part is that they have nothing to do but talk **** here. please check out the last page in the group deal forum for 2nd hanabi hid kit deal. try to read the last few posts or replys.
Old 02-09-2002, 08:45 PM

Originally posted by 97GLES
most of you guys know that i'm a nice guy but some ppl on this org just talk alot of ****. the sad part is that they have nothing to do but talk **** here. please check out the last page in the group deal forum for 2nd hanabi hid kit deal. try to read the last few posts or replys.
97GLES....being that you quoted me and all I just have to ask, in the your last post, are you talking to me or about other people?
Old 02-09-2002, 08:52 PM

thanks, but you didn't answer my question. i was asking what specific bulb he was using in the picture. i'm an enthusiast. that means i can tell an autozone bulb from a polarg visual series bulb... no generic autozone bulbs for me.
Old 02-09-2002, 08:58 PM

97GLES....being that you quoted me and all I just have to ask, in the your last post, are you talking to me or about other people?
no i'm not talking about you. i'm talking about the ppl that do nothing but talk **** all the time. they do nothing for the org. they think they know it all but in fact know nothing. platinumplus this has nothing to do with you.
Old 02-09-2002, 09:00 PM

Don't sweat it Freddie. You're a good businessman.
Old 02-09-2002, 09:13 PM

no i'm not talking about you. i'm talking about the ppl that do nothing but talk **** all the time. they do nothing for the org. they think they know it all but in fact know nothing. platinumplus this has nothing to do with you.
Thanks for setting that straight, btw, I will be looking foward to doing business with you seeing as I will pick up a set of either the Hanabi's or the Philips 6000k in two weeks.
Old 02-09-2002, 09:13 PM

Don't sweat it Freddie. You're a good businessman.
thanks Deezo at least you know what i'm talking about.
Old 02-09-2002, 09:16 PM

Thanks for setting that straight, btw, I will be looking foward to doing business with you seeing as I will pick up a set of either the Hanabi's or the Philips 6000k in two weeks.
platinumplus i only sell the hanabi hid kit.