General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Got Hit Tonight! Crazy Story....

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2002, 01:07 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Got Hit Tonight! Crazy Story....

Well I had just got off my 12 hour shift at work and went straight home to put my nice rebuilt air cylinders back on my car in the rear. And after about an hour and a half of work I was good to go and wanted to go cruise to see how they worked. WELL......
I got about 5 miles from my house and I was sitting at a red light when all of a sudden I see this truck behind me start shaking and then before I knew it my car was hit. A guy in an altima had had a seizure while driving and blacked out, he hit the truck and then hit me in the rear right side, scratched my rim and did some body damage(paint damage as well, duh). So I moved out of his way and his car proceeded across 4 lanes of traffic into a restaurant parking lot where it took out a Toyota Camry, a Jeep Cherokee, and a Honda Accord. I pulled over and had to help try to hold the guy down in his car as he continued to have the seizure the whole time right up to the point that the ambulance got there. Needless to say I was disappointed about my car, but I couldn't be too mad, it wasn't like the guy meant for it too happen. So I guess I am one step closer to my custom paint job!
Old 02-10-2002, 01:47 AM

ahaha thats kind of funny, flying across 4 lanes and taking out all those cars straight out of a movie.
Old 02-10-2002, 07:05 AM

Re: Got Hit Tonight! Crazy Story....

Originally posted by nvmymax2
Well I had just got off my 12 hour shift at work and went straight home to put my nice rebuilt air cylinders back on my car in the rear. And after about an hour and a half of work I was good to go and wanted to go cruise to see how they worked. WELL......
I got about 5 miles from my house and I was sitting at a red light when all of a sudden I see this truck behind me start shaking and then before I knew it my car was hit. A guy in an altima had had a seizure while driving and blacked out, he hit the truck and then hit me in the rear right side, scratched my rim and did some body damage(paint damage as well, duh). So I moved out of his way and his car proceeded across 4 lanes of traffic into a restaurant parking lot where it took out a Toyota Camry, a Jeep Cherokee, and a Honda Accord. I pulled over and had to help try to hold the guy down in his car as he continued to have the seizure the whole time right up to the point that the ambulance got there. Needless to say I was disappointed about my car, but I couldn't be too mad, it wasn't like the guy meant for it too happen. So I guess I am one step closer to my custom paint job!
My friend and I were eating in a restaurant 4 years ago and a man had a seizure the next table over. It was kind of scary because we wnated to do something about it but the person the man was with said don't worry just leave him alone. It went on for about 10 minutes. Sorry to hear about your car.
Old 02-10-2002, 08:22 AM

Needless to say I was disappointed about my car, but I couldn't be too mad, it wasn't like the guy meant for it too happen. So I guess I am one step closer to my custom paint job!
Unfortunately, we have too many people driving that shouldn't. You think that was the first time the dude had a seizure? Doubtful. More than likely, he is fully aware of his condition but refuses to relinquish his driving priviledges and in so doing, risks the safety of the public. It is possible that this case is different, but there are definitely unfit drivers out there--whether it be the elderly, people with epilepsy, fainting spells, and the worst of them all, women.
Old 02-10-2002, 08:33 AM

That's crazy man, good thing no one got hurt (at least you didn't say in your story). So how does this work now, is his insurance gonna pay for everybody's damages since it wasn't their fault?
Old 02-10-2002, 09:35 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Sorry to hear about that Blake. Hope your insurance will fix all that up.
Old 02-10-2002, 09:56 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

tough break Blake, i hope that guy turns out alright. he could have really hurt some people catching a seizure like that. anyway time for that custom paint job.
Old 02-10-2002, 11:51 AM
Maxima owner since 2000

yea... what i'm curious about is how does the insurance handle this situation?
Old 02-10-2002, 12:39 PM
mb1

Re: Re: Got Hit Tonight! Crazy Story....

Originally posted by Mishmosh

Unfortunately, we have too many people driving that shouldn't. You think that was the first time the dude had a seizure? Doubtful. More than likely, he is fully aware of his condition but refuses to relinquish his driving priviledges and in so doing, risks the safety of the public. It is possible that this case is different, but there are definitely unfit drivers out there--whether it be the elderly, people with epilepsy, fainting spells, and the worst of them all, women.
I hear ya on the women part. Especially in bug SUV's while talkong on the phone.
Old 02-10-2002, 02:21 PM

My understanding...

My understanding of the situation last night from the police is that his insurance will have to cover all of the damages that he caused. Sucks to be his insurance adjuster. At least he had insurance so I want have to put it on my insurance record, but if it were to fall through with his insurance I do have full coverage so OH WELL. Time to go to the paint shop.
Old 02-10-2002, 08:53 PM

my friends house got hit by a car cuz the driver has a seizure.. her living room was in the basement, so half of the living room is above ground and half of it is underground.. anyway, her mom was watching TV.. then all of the sudden this car come crashing in to her living room... almost hitting her mom... scary stuff..
Old 02-10-2002, 09:00 PM

whether it be the elderly, people with epilepsy, fainting spells, and the worst of them all, women.
I hear ya... I have serious issues with old people, and soccer moms in big SUV's... (wouldn't generalize this to women, because I know plenty that know how to handle a car better than 99% of the men out there...)

Besides, I'm 19... so what exactly does old people mean to me... !?!?

-Tom Z...
Old 02-10-2002, 09:23 PM

sick sense of humor you got there

is that your max in your sig?

Originally posted by 24KP-I-M-P
ahaha thats kind of funny, flying across 4 lanes and taking out all those cars straight out of a movie.
Old 02-10-2002, 11:04 PM

Originally posted by kit99bar
sick sense of humor you got there

is that your max in your sig?

I think the car is the F&F maxima....

I also found his sense of humor twisted...
Old 02-11-2002, 05:13 PM

Insurance estimate...

Well the guys insurance agent came to my work today and looked at the car and did his evaluation. It is with progressive and they have a way of computing damage amounts on spot, and he gave me a rough estimate of about $1200.00. I personally think that is low, I think that is should be somewhere in the neighborhood of $1800. But we'll see, I am taking the car to my painter tomorrow to get an estimate from him and then I won't see my max for a little while!
Old 02-11-2002, 05:28 PM

Remember when you were in school and took the SAT's, mabye you took the GRE, GMAT, LSAT, MCAT,or even all of them. There are some questions where there aren't enough facts to come to a conclusion and one has to mark the answer as such.

Yet from a very limited amount of information, you've decided to take away the licenses from several groups of people, even deciding who is worse than the other. That's amazing, even 1-800-MISS-CLEO couldn't do that!
Old 02-11-2002, 06:01 PM

Old 02-11-2002, 06:07 PM

Originally posted by Cutlr7
I also found his sense of humor twisted...
I found a common ability to dismiss all sensitivity for the sake of a few laughs. Hehehehehehe! 4 Lanes, a truck, a Maxima ( ), a Camry ( good riddance) and a Jeep Cherokee (damn, those are fun), what a trip. Sick, twisted, dark humor is the most widely misunderstood, but the best when understood.
Old 02-14-2002, 05:48 PM

Old 02-14-2002, 06:14 PM

Re: Re: Re: Got Hit Tonight! Crazy Story....

Originally posted by Frank Fontaine
Yet from a very limited amount of information, you've decided to take away the licenses from several groups of people, even deciding who is worse than the other. That's amazing, even 1-800-MISS-CLEO couldn't do that!
OK, I was kidding about the ladies (Sorry ladies). However, by law, certain medical conditions preclude being behind the wheel out of concern for public safety. Epilepsy is one of them.

As for the elderly, they are major road hazards. Many of our seniors today lack the physical capability or mental faculty to operate a motor vehicle. Muscle strength deteriorates. Reaction times go up the whah zoo. Vision and hearing are marginal. That is not to say we should set age limits. We must enact driving re-tests every 5 years above age 60. Unfortunately AARP is a major political force and has threatened to crucify any politition who would even suggest such a regulation. Personally, I don't mind the ol' folk driving slow... At least they are trying to drive within their means. however, they are constantly cruising over the line into other lanes and scaring the schits outta me.