General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Attn: SC Guys- I have a question

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2002, 12:28 PM

Attn: SC Guys- I have a question

On your SuperChargers do you guys have an oil return hose?
If so where do you have tapped into? I'm wondering because I'm about to get my hose tapped and I want to make sure there's not a better place.

Thanks
Alex
Old 02-19-2002, 12:51 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Attn: SC Guys- I have a question

Originally posted by Uncle Max
If so where do you have tapped into? I'm wondering because I'm about to get my hose tapped and I want to make sure there's not a better place.

Thanks
Alex
Its just below the SC on the drivers side of the motor. Stillen supplies a modified water pump housing plate that has a hose barb welded on to it. It a dark grey/green plate with 4 10mm bolts in it sitting infront of the side motor mount.
Old 02-19-2002, 01:01 PM

Is that a part that can be ordered? does anyone have pix of this?

Thanks
I hope I'm not bugging you guys too much.
Old 02-19-2002, 01:03 PM
My other car is a Hybrid

Re: Attn: SC Guys- I have a question

Thanks
Alex
You'll probably need to tap/weld a drainback for your turbo since it's on the opposite side as the SC kits.

Question... Can you give me some details on your FMIC? Brand, Size, etc? Thanks!
Old 02-19-2002, 01:09 PM
Turtle turtle... Moderator

Is that a part that can be ordered? does anyone have pix of this?

Thanks
I hope I'm not bugging you guys too much.
Alex

dont tap it the same way that the Stillen Supercharger goes, reason being is your oil return line should be lower then where the turbo sits so oil can return to the pan. i think you mounted your turbo pretty high but still...
Old 02-19-2002, 01:26 PM

Re: Re: Attn: SC Guys- I have a question

Originally posted by Chunger

You'll probably need to tap/weld a drainback for your turbo since it's on the opposite side as the SC kits.

Question... Can you give me some details on your FMIC? Brand, Size, etc? Thanks!
I think it's a Spearco
Old 02-19-2002, 01:30 PM

Originally posted by Turbo95Max

Alex

dont tap it the same way that the Stillen Supercharger goes, reason being is your oil return line should be lower then where the turbo sits so oil can return to the pan. i think you mounted your turbo pretty high but still...
Oh ok. Where did you tap yours? Being that it's that high won't the connection be lower no matter where I put. I mean the the Turbo sits so high it could act as a snorkle too.
Old 02-19-2002, 06:50 PM

Oh ok. Where did you tap yours? Being that it's that high won't the connection be lower no matter where I put. I mean the the Turbo sits so high it could act as a snorkle too.
Matthel is right about the fact that the oil return needs to be below the turbo. And you are right about the turbo being so high. My tuner had said it MIGHT be OK to tap into the rocker cover because the pressure should be the same as oil pan and turbo sits so high. We have not looked carefully enough at it yet (I am very nervous about this). The oil pan is too shallow (according to my tuner) to tap into, the oil would just get stuck there.

I also would like to know where you tapped yours into Turbomax!

Thanks!
Old 02-19-2002, 11:56 PM

$50 per person and ill release that info!! hahah juss kiddin, well you guys have it setup different from me, in my opinion, and i mean no offense, but i think its pointless to have the turbo sit so high up, you have to relocate the battery, run more piping and stuff as well. Anyways, mine is tapped on the upper oil pan, where it should be. The only thing is youll have to drop the upper pan and weld the bung(whatever you call it) onto the pan. Where it was tapped is about 14 inches from the Turbo.
Old 02-20-2002, 06:42 AM

Originally posted by Turbo95Max
$50 per person and ill release that info!! hahah juss kiddin, well you guys have it setup different from me, in my opinion, and i mean no offense, but i think its pointless to have the turbo sit so high up, you have to relocate the battery, run more piping and stuff as well. Anyways, mine is tapped on the upper oil pan, where it should be. The only thing is youll have to drop the upper pan and weld the bung(whatever you call it) onto the pan. Where it was tapped is about 14 inches from the Turbo.
Dang $50!! Hee hee hey being the test piggy is no fun I can only imagine what you went thru back in the day. Yea it does sit hi but I was going to have to cut the frame to get a filter on the Turbo and being that low I really didn't want to run it with like a screen that low to the ground. Plus we couldn't get the bend for the 3" pipe down there. Plus it'll look at little showy, I know, I know that's ricey but hey not too many Turbo Max's so I wanted it to be a little flashy.

We took the Pan off yesterday morning to tap in to it but I wanted to make sure there wasn't a better place. We were thinking of getting a catch can w/ filter to make sure no oil backed back into the Turbo.

Thanks for the Info Turbo95.
Old 02-20-2002, 11:13 AM

Originally posted by yo_its_ok
wonderful two piece design...worse comes to worse, custom sheet metal pan holding 6 qts of love juice for the motor and turbo. Run a remote oil filter w/ cooler.

Looking good U-M-t

Hi Matthel, I am getting the ZOOM mirror soon, as soon as I can go to Koreana Cargo to pick up the rest of my stuff

-
cool thanks Hogan, lemme know when you get te driver side, i needs it..heeh

Alex, what you talkin bout putting a filter on the turbo?>
Old 02-20-2002, 11:17 AM

Too keep crap getting in here
Old 02-20-2002, 11:40 AM

hehhee my bad, i thought you were talkin about filter on the oil side on the turbo...so i was like uhhhhhhh
Old 02-20-2002, 01:16 PM

Hee hee Hmmmm cleaner oil not a bad idea!!