General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Proud Max Owner

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2002, 01:32 AM

Proud Max Owner

Hello everyone!

I am a proud owner of an 02 Maxima SE 6spd. I got the tungsten blue with frost cloth. I am enjoying the max very much and I get attention everywhere I go. I got this bad boy on Feb 17 and have only managed to put 200 miles on it. Cant wait till I break it in so I can really mash the pedal!

When I went to the dealer I test drove a 5spd Altima first just to see if I could notice any difference between them and I sure did. The things I liked on the Altima better than the Max was that it felt like it was roomier in the back(but since I am the driver it really doesnt matter),the trunk looks more spacious, 1st gear on the Altima seemed to pull harder than the Max, and it was a few grand cheaper.
The things I noticed on the Max was that I could feel a bit more power especially in 2nd and 3rd gear(boy does it pull), I liked the layout of the cockpit and I didnt dig the gauges on the Alt, the max lacked the hood prop(thank god) and overall I was impressed by the Max from the comfort, power, handling, and it looks better than the Altima (my opinion).

I am much happier now that I have the Max
After owning a 94 Max and a 98 200Sx I am glad that I chose to stay with Nissan. I am very happy satisfied with the car now the service they give at the dealer thats another story.

I have lurked on this board for a few months so I know about that FAQs and search. I'll try my best at being a newbie
Old 02-20-2002, 02:17 AM

Congrats on the 2002! Wish I hade a 2002...
Old 02-20-2002, 03:32 AM

Re: Proud Max Owner

Originally posted by Mexica Max
Hello everyone!

I am a proud owner of an 02 Maxima SE 6spd. I got the tungsten blue with frost cloth. I am enjoying the max very much and I get attention everywhere I go. I got this bad boy on Feb 17 and have only managed to put 200 miles on it. Cant wait till I break it in so I can really mash the pedal!

When I went to the dealer I test drove a 5spd Altima first just to see if I could notice any difference between them and I sure did. The things I liked on the Altima better than the Max was that it felt like it was roomier in the back(but since I am the driver it really doesnt matter),the trunk looks more spacious, 1st gear on the Altima seemed to pull harder than the Max, and it was a few grand cheaper.
The things I noticed on the Max was that I could feel a bit more power especially in 2nd and 3rd gear(boy does it pull), I liked the layout of the cockpit and I didnt dig the gauges on the Alt, the max lacked the hood prop(thank god) and overall I was impressed by the Max from the comfort, power, handling, and it looks better than the Altima (my opinion).

I am much happier now that I have the Max
After owning a 94 Max and a 98 200Sx I am glad that I chose to stay with Nissan. I am very happy satisfied with the car now the service they give at the dealer thats another story.

I have lurked on this board for a few months so I know about that FAQs and search. I'll try my best at being a newbie
Congrats man. How do you like having a 6-spd? Can you start from 2nd from a stop? From 5 mph? I find it annoying with my 98 5-spd to start from 5mph, which is what I have to do with EZ Pass in NY or PA. NJ is a cool 15 mph. But from 5mph, it's just a tad too slow for 2nd gear, and a b**** to have to put it in 1st. I figure the 6-spd widens offers more selection over the same range so 2nd could do the trick there.
Old 02-20-2002, 04:24 AM
i SeE what you did therE

welcome..