General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

My Dura Lube Experieneces....

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2002, 02:11 PM

My Dura Lube Experieneces....

WARNING THIS IS A LONG FREAK’N STORY

Ok, here is my Dura Lube story. I’ve told all my friends about it & they are amazed, but not ONE single person has used it in their car WTF? Anywayz, this is the last time I’m ever mentioning this to anyone… cause no one EVER uses it – what’s the point? It’s not like I would lie to my friends & family, but I guess they don’t care about cars like we do.

Some 7-years ago, I was at my car mechanic one day & I was talking to a loyal customer of his (cab driver) who was in for weekly maintenance (cabbies change oil every other week & ATF once a month, also brake pads go about twice every 3-4 months WOW). We were chit-chatting about stuff, seems he had about 375,000miles on the odo, and he had purchased the car at a police auction (Crown Vic). I was surprised, to say the least!

Well he told me that while driving one day he noticed that he had NO oil pressure, according to his gauge. He pulled over & noticed that the line leading to the oil-cooler was busted & all of the engine oil had leaked out. He was always using Dura Lube in his car so he thought “F*K IT! I’ll just drive it to my mechanic (8-miles away)” He said he was able to drive there without a problem & without the engine overheating! When he got there the mechanic told him that he had no oil in the pan and said “you probably cracked a head or worse!” After installing the new oil-line, the car ran like new. No problems at all… and that was 100,000miles before I met the guy.

So needless to say I started using it in my crappy 87Sable. I figure $15, is a cheap cost for piece of mind (even if it didn’t work, in my head I would feel confident when driving my POS). My engine had a funny “flaw” where the power steering line would “un-snap” the radiator fan adaptor! Every so often, when accelerating hard, the line would unplug my radiator fan. I also had a bad sending unit & the temp gauge would never work! Ok, here are my experiences with the Dura Lube stuff:

Driving to school in rush-hour traffic (1hour stop & go), I guess there was an accident & we were stopped for a long time 20min – dead stop. I noticed that the heater wasn’t working at all, but it wasn’t really cold so it didn’t phase me. All of the sudden the engine dies (while in park), and right at that minute, the traffic starting moving – and I mean MOVING! People were flying by, flipping us the bird – cause they that we caused the slow-down. An AAA truck noticed my sticker & pulled up & was about to tow us. I noticed that the fan plug was hanging there, plugged it in & told the guy to wait 5-min, before hooking us up to the tow truck… The fan starting blasting air into the engine bay. I turned the engine & it started (relief), and we drove to school. About 2blocks away from school, the engine died again. It starting pinging like crazy & then just seized. My bro & I pull the car to the side. I pop the hood & drop some antifreeze in there, but it was all leaking out – there was a blown hose. No biggie I said – let’s go to class & we’ll worry about it later. 6-hours later, I was able to start the car again, on the first turn of the engine! With no fluid in the car I drove it straight to my mechanic (who’s an awesome guy BTW). He couldn’t believe we drove it there without any fluid – 20miles away. But the return trip was painless for the car, cause there was no traffic & we were driving at highway speeds – the flow of air into the engine bay was enough to keep it cool. He fixed the hose within an hour (he’s awesome!) and we went home. He also warned us that our car would probably die soon, cause of the engine seizing.

Second experience: The whole fan plug fiasco was an ongoing occurrence. One day we were at a Burger King drivethrough (summer). I heard a loud Kaboom and the whole car shook! I thought someone nailed us from behind… nope just the hose exploding once again! The girl at the window was scared to death… radiator fluid & smoke everywhere… then when I told her “no sweat, this is normal” – she laughed her A$$ off. Drive it to Nick (mechanic) & he gave me the usual sh*t about how I abuse the car & how it is dieing, & won’t last much longer. But Nick, I said… I’ve got Dura Lube in there. He looked at me funny, as if I were mad. One of his other mechanics starting cracking up. “That stuff don’t do anything to help motor.” he said with his polish accent & mocked me.

Third experience. Well from the constant plugging & unplugging of the fan adaptor, the sending unit got fried & the fan would NEVER turn on! You know what that means – Turn the heat on FULL inside the car, in order to keep the engine cool! I drove the car like this for 3-weeks, cause I had no time to fix it! I would drive 1 ½ hours to Delaware to twice a week, in addition to the 45min daily school commutes. The car showed no real evidence of damage. In fact, when I later took it in for inspection, the polish mechanic mocking me earlier, came back with the results: “I can’t f*kin believe it… I can’t f*kin believe it! You passed your emissions! And with a good f*kin score!!!” Ha, I told you that Dura Lube stuff works! He shook his head & walked away in defeat. Nick sits me down & has a conversation with me: “You know, if I treated my car like you treat yours, even for a day, I would need a new engine. I cannot f*kin believe your car is still running great!” I said “Nick, I think it’s the Dura Lube man!” He looked at me for a minute, shook his head, and said: “You know what?... I think you right!” This was the first time he admitted to it! Every other time he would say: “you’re lucky your car is still running… you’re just plain lucky”

My cousin’s experience: He drove his car to his mechanic for a belated oil change. His mechanic calls him over to look at the car. He pointed to an oil pan with a few drops of oil in it & said: “This is all the oil you were running on!!!” My cuz smiled & said “oops”... and walked away. He too was running on Dura Lube. Like in my car, his tranny died before his engine! He had an ‘81 Trans Am.

My coworker’s experience: He had a friend/neighbor that had just swapped an engine out of an old Chevy(?) & figured he would test out Dura Lube for himself & rigged up a tank of gas & connected it to the block’s carb. There was no radiator, just an engine & a tank of gas. He fires it up & lets it run with Dura Lube & oil mix for 20min. Then he completely drains the oil & fires it up again, waiting to see how long before it seizes. My coworker said he dropped by later that night (6hours later) & the guy decided to turn it of himself, cause it wasn’t showing any signs of giving up!

I know for a fact that if you run an engine without any oil - even for a short period – it will damage it. I’ve seen many motorcycle engines seize after overheating, even with plenty of oil in ‘em. Even fried a couple of my own! The fact that my car seized twice & then was able to start again is very incredible. I’ve even used the Dura Lube tranny fluid in my tranny when it was kickin hard like a mother (in labor hehe)! It totally eliminated the kicking & the tranny lasted another 50K miles. Not bad at all! But I will probably use the redline stuff in Max’s tranny. It’s supposed to add more grip when shifting. Who knows? Well, these are my Dura Lube stories. I’m never repeating this story again… cause even though people are amazed, they don’t care enough to spend $15 for piece-of-mind. Being a car-nut, I just don’t get it…

G
Old 02-24-2002, 02:14 PM

Why the heck is it displaying my message like that?... WTF is wrong here?
Old 02-24-2002, 03:12 PM

Originally posted by 02MaXiMa_GLE

Why the heck is it displaying my message like that?... WTF is wrong here?
Delete the 2nd post maybe
Old 02-24-2002, 03:31 PM

who cares, no body listens to newbies anyways, so move along
Old 02-24-2002, 04:04 PM

SPAM
Old 02-24-2002, 05:13 PM

How much did DuraLube pay you to write this?
Old 02-24-2002, 05:22 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Its been proven that oil additives are a waste of money and don't do what these companies claim in their commercials. There are tons of suits against most if not all of the additive companies for false advertisement.

Plain old Durablend is good enough for my Max.
Old 02-24-2002, 05:38 PM

Originally posted by Jason96GLE

CHA CHING!
Old 02-24-2002, 08:24 PM

You should create an infomercial out of this for Duralube, it defintly has that tone.
Old 02-24-2002, 08:45 PM

...and to think, you wasted all that time typing out that crap...lol...
Old 02-24-2002, 11:49 PM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

You already posted this.

http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2000/03/motor.htm

And you still believe it works?? Anyway, I had a hole in my radiator on my old car/1987 Sentra. I drove about 3 miles without any coolant. It was stuipd I know. I didn't know much about cars back then. The car just overheated and seized up. It turned out my drain peacock broke. I got a new one from an auto part store near by. Screwed the sucker in. Filled it up with water. Drove the car another 120 miles home. The car ran for another 4 years and 50k miles. One day when my brother was driving it, the heater core hose cracked and he lost all the coolant. He drove it home. I fixed the hose and the car would just blew white smoke out of the tail pipe. I knew either the headgasket was gone or the head was cracked. I drove the car for another month like that. Anyway, i didn't have Dura Lube. Cars can take some abuse to a point. All the experiences you posted usually involoved the radiator fan not running. If the car is moving, the radiator fan does very little. So you over heated the car a few times, but you still had plenty of water in the radiator. I drove the car without any water for 2-3 miles in a dead summer. The story about your cuz and your co-work are hearsay.
Old 02-25-2002, 12:16 AM

Original Post was a Type-a-mercial...

Yeah U folks are right... Nothing gets by you people... but I tried.

Dura Lube paid me $178,000 to write it up. It was a sweet deal for me,
since it only took about 2hours to type & spellcheck.
That's about $89,000 per hour. Not bad for a newbie.

Old 02-25-2002, 12:33 AM

Re: Original Post was a Type-a-mercial...

Yeah U folks are right... Nothing gets by you people... but I tried.

Dura Lube paid me $178,000 to write it up. It was a sweet deal for me,
since it only took about 2hours to type & spellcheck.
That's about $89,000 per hour. Not bad for a newbie.

Old 02-25-2002, 12:35 AM

Where can I sign up for a job like that?
Old 02-25-2002, 01:10 AM

Originally posted by Kashoggio
who cares, no body listens to newbies anyways, so move along

So I guess your name is "nobody" then, eh?...

Old 02-25-2002, 06:00 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Originally posted by Jason96GLE
Too funny!

But honestly I think that stuff works. I friend of mine used Slick 50 to treat his VW. His oil pump went while he was in NYC, the light never came on, but the engine was running very loud (as he claimed). He sat in traffic all afternoon, went shopping, bla bla bla. On the way home, while doing 70 MPH, the car finally shut off. Seized! I went down to look at it the next day, not a drop of oil anywhere in the head. CLEAN!! And to top that off, the cam still looked great. The mechanic that took the engine out later took it apart to look inside. What he saw was amazing. The bearings were perfect. The whole bottom end looked great. What caused the motor to seize up was the pistons and rings. They just got to hot with a lack of lube and froze up in the cylinders. The Slick 50 treatment kept that car running for a good 50 miles with no oil.

The reason for his oil pump failure was a spline shaft that broke.
Old 02-25-2002, 07:31 AM

Hey I use Zmax and I have noticed the engine running smoother and my last emissions test I pasted with almost no emmissions. Compared to last years test that I almost failed. To each his/her own.
Old 02-26-2002, 12:19 AM

Originally posted by HondaKiller718
Hey I use Zmax and I have noticed the engine running smoother and my last emissions test I pasted with almost no emmissions. Compared to last years test that I almost failed. To each his/her own.
I too had close-to-zero emmissions... like I said the one mechanic was ****ed off, cause I abused my car & was still able to walk away with an inspection sticker.

I think the FTC found fault with these companies for claiming stuff like: "10-Times better lubrication than just motor oil" or "Engines runs 10x smoother than on motor oil alone" How the heck do you prove something like that?... Well if you can't prove it then it's a false claim, etc...

G
Old 02-26-2002, 06:03 AM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

All of you who use additives are destroying your engine.

I'm still waiting for that "proof", and something besides "Jeff92se's brother's daughter's boyfriend's wife's aunt's cousin's sister's father's mother's son's mechanic says oil treatments for the engine and transmission is much better than using quality synthetic or dino oils with regular maintenance".........
Old 02-26-2002, 06:27 AM

Originally posted by bill99gxe

I'm still waiting for that "proof", and something besides "Jeff92se's brother's daughter's boyfriend's wife's aunt's cousin's sister's father's mother's son's mechanic says oil treatments for the engine and transmission is much better than using quality synthetic or dino oils with regular maintenance".........

It's not my brother's daughter's boyfriend's wife's aunt's cousin's sister's father's mother's son's mechanic, it's my cousin's girlfriend's mother's friend's uncle who is a mechanic. There is a big difference!
Old 02-26-2002, 07:20 AM

And forget about using that STP oil treatment goop. I used it in my truck (Toyota 2.2L 22R) and it caused my oil pump to work harder and make knocking noises. I thought I had to replace the engine because I believed one of the cylinders were out of whack. Let it be known that when I stopped using the "goop" the knocking stopped.
Old 02-26-2002, 07:58 AM

Originally posted by deezo
And forget about using that STP oil treatment goop. I used it in my truck (Toyota 2.2L 22R) and it caused my oil pump to work harder and make knocking noises. I thought I had to replace the engine because I believed one of the cylinders were out of whack. Let it be known that when I stopped using the "goop" the knocking stopped.
You really don't want to see what that stuff will do to your oil pressure either.
Old 02-26-2002, 02:25 PM

Ok bill99gxe, keep waiting for that proof... yup, just sit tight and wait for it... Oh yeah... Let us know when it comes your way...

BTW: if we're destroying our engines, how can we still be driving our cars?... Besides, most people using synthetic oils say they increase the intervals & go 7000k before oil changes - so there's nothing 'regular' about that. Also, the Amsoil dealers want you to go up to 25k before the next oil change. Is that regular maintenance? Everyone has their own experiences/opinions & practices... just as long as it keeps our Maxes on the road, it doesn't matter how you go about maintenance. Just make sure it doesn't void you mfr warranty.

Later,
G
Old 02-26-2002, 02:35 PM

Ok bill99gxe, keep waiting for that proof... yup, just sit tight and wait for it... Oh yeah... Let us know when it comes your way...

BTW: if we're destroying our engines, how can we still be driving our cars?... Besides, most people using synthetic oils say they increase the intervals & go 7000k before oil changes - so there's nothing 'regular' about that. Also, the Amsoil dealers want you to go up to 25k before the next oil change. Is that regular maintenance? Everyone has their own experiences/opinions & practices... just as long as it keeps our Maxes on the road, it doesn't matter how you go about maintenance. Just make sure it doesn't void you mfr warranty.

Later,
G

Until you back your stuff up with real data, I can say additives destroy your engine. The primary difference is there is actual proof of this. Your contentions are on rather shaky and unreliable ground.

Maintenance and stupidity are 2 different things. Additives will usually void manufacturer's warranties.

Try educating yourself on regular maintenance and regular oil changes will do. Start by reading the Oil Analysis spreadsheet at the top of this forum and go from there.

Or continue to spam with this additive stuff and stay in the dark, it's up to you.

And please turn the bold off. It detracts from your opinion.
Old 02-26-2002, 03:32 PM

Until you back your stuff up with real data, I can say additives destroy your engine. The primary difference is there is actual proof of this. Your contentions are on rather shaky and unreliable ground.

Maintenance and stupidity are 2 different things. Additives will usually void manufacturer's warranties.

Try educating yourself on regular maintenance and regular oil changes will do. Start by reading the Oil Analysis spreadsheet at the top of this forum and go from there.

Or continue to spam with this additive stuff and stay in the dark, it's up to you.

And please turn the bold off. It detracts from your opinion.
1. I have no real data & I don't plan on proving anything to you or anyone else for that matter - xcept maybe the IRS, if they ask... So I have to provide an oil analysis, before anyone tries additives in their car?... Nuh-uh... I don't think so. Or are you saying that I must provide hard data, before I am allowed to use it in my own car? Not gonna happen, sorry. I was just sharing an experience.

2. "Maintenance and stupidity are 2 different things" goes without saying. I agree with you there!

Maintenance = preservation = conservation = support = susteritation

Stupidity = unskillfulness = quackery = folly = indiscretion = thoughtlessness

3. Ok, will do... I'll read the oil analysis spreadsheet.

4. DON'T accuse me of spamming...

SPAM = a) To send unsolicited e-mail to. b) To send (a message) indiscriminately to multiple mailing lists, individuals, or newsgroups.

4. The bold fonts are no more... I use it is because it's hard for some people with 1280x1024 resolution to read the text sometimes.

G
Old 02-26-2002, 03:35 PM
JJL

1. I have no real data & I don't plan on proving anything to you or anyone else for that matter - xcept maybe the IRS, if they ask... So I have to provide an oil analysis, before anyone tries additives in their car?... Nuh-uh... I don't think so. Or are you saying that I must provide hard data, before I am allowed to use it in my own car? Not gonna happen, sorry. I was just sharing an experience.

2. "Maintenance and stupidity are 2 different things" goes without saying. I agree with you there!

3. Ok, will do... I'll read the oil analysis spreadsheet.

SPAM = a) To send unsolicited e-mail to. b) To send (a message) indiscriminately to multiple mailing lists, individuals, or newsgroups.

4. The bold fonts are no more... I use it is because it's hard for some people with 1280x1024 resolution to read the text sometimes.

G
well said
Old 02-26-2002, 03:48 PM

Additives do nothing for an engine and that is proven.
Old 02-26-2002, 03:55 PM

Ummm, us "Amsoil Dealers" have plenty of actual data to back up the extended drain interval claims. Unlike your "proof" we don't pull it out of our ***.
Old 02-26-2002, 04:40 PM

I've proven you don't need additives to have low metal wearing vehicles through empirical data. You haven't proven that additives improve upon just changing your oil and tranny fluid. You respond by saying you have no real data.

I ask why additives are the best thing since sliced bread and the best answer I've gotten are testimonials of people INTENTIONALLY risking an engine seize to get to a mechanic instead of doing what normal people and call a freaking tow truck. WTF kind of logic is that?

If I decide to try and destroy my engine, I will drain my oil and put that crap in there and see how long the Max runs before seizing. Then I'll come in here and tell everyone how wonderful additives are because my engine lasted a few minutes/hours longer because the internal parts were coated with "honey" and it took longer to break them down and ruin the engine.

Do you understand that the engine is still seized and it doesn't matter how much longer it lasted from being starved of oil?

Anyhoo, then I'll say that immediately translates to having cars last longer using additives WITH THE OIL IN THE FIRST PLACE than just regular oil changes because look what the additive did ONCE I DRAINED THE DAMN OIL......

That is some convoluted logic.

Wow, someone with a thesaurus handy. That's good to see.

My contention was that maintenance will keep an engine running a long time, while additives are worthless because they have no proven long engine life benefits.

Sweet. Someone with a dictionary as well.

Spam, in a forum sense, is posting stuff like "Oil additives are better for your vehicles" when there isn't one shred of proof that can be pointed to for backing up your claim. And your examples only involve losing ALL the oil on old vehicles, not "I put this stuff in from birth and the vehicle has gone a million miles, when the most one had ever gone without rebuilding is 500k, etc.".....

Thanks. I failed to understand why it was needed....
Old 02-26-2002, 04:56 PM

If all these snake oils really did perform the miracles they claim, then every car would come prefilled with Duralube or Slick50 from the factory. But they don't do they?

Perhaps in an old beater, a bottle of duralube will keep it running a little longer (if only due to increasing the viscosity of the oil). But for a modern engine like the Maxima has, I see absolutely no need to mess with a perfectly good engine.
Old 02-26-2002, 11:16 PM

Originally posted by iwannabmw
Ummm, us "Amsoil Dealers" have plenty of actual data to back up the extended drain interval claims. Unlike your "proof" we don't pull it out of our ***.
I never said I had proof or data, and actually I NEVER even claimed anything. I was sharing my experience. Remember when I posted the FTC suits against companies like Dura Lube... but I said I that I do believe they work well. ME BELIEVES THIS. And it was you, iwannabmw, that said "I'm still interested in hearing about your experience" right? Well no one seems to like my thread. And everyone thinks I'm trying to prove something, even after I tell 'em I don't care about proving anything. And I'm sure as hell not trying to disprove your Amsoil claims.

I know you are going to refer to your oil analysis again...bla,bla... and that's all swell. You're trying to sell a product (Amsoil) & you are trying to back this product with data/proof. You have enough data to prove that it works as described. That's all good. That's your bread & butter. But I don't want you to buy Dura Lube, and I don't have any data. Now tell me, what's wrong with that? If you care so much about the quality of oil that goes into my car, why not ship me 5qt of Amsoil synthetic? Pretty please...

Personally, I wouldn't let the intervals go past 5K, cause I believe the oil filter would start to slowly clog the flow, no matter what I'm running on.

Question: (seriously) Does any police district use Amsoil for fleet maintenance? How about any of the big players like UPS, FedEx, USPS, etc?

That's all folks.
G
Old 02-26-2002, 11:21 PM

Actually bill99gxe, I don't own a dictionary or thesaurus.

But Webster does http://www.websters.com

You remember Webster, right... the short kid... NO not Gary Coleman!... the other short kid.

Later,
G (always)
Old 02-27-2002, 06:49 AM

I never said I had proof or data, and actually I NEVER even claimed anything.

Are you sure, because in the first post in this thread:

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....hreadid=100651

You stated the following:

I know for a fact that Dura Lube WORKS!

I consider that a claim. And claims made on these forums need to be backed up independently.

I was sharing my experience. Remember when I posted the FTC suits against companies like Dura Lube... but I said I that I do believe they work well. ME BELIEVES THIS. And it was you, iwannabmw, that said "I'm still interested in hearing about your experience" right? Well no one seems to like my thread. And everyone thinks I'm trying to prove something, even after I tell 'em I don't care about proving anything. And I'm sure as hell not trying to disprove your Amsoil claims.

From the beginning your posts have smelled of spam, and we don't like leaving newbies who come here a false impression of what should be used in their vehicles.

I'm still lost as to how you can claim it definitely works if all your experiences revolve around older cars losing all of their oil and being able to drive a mechanic to fix a seized engine(s). You still have a seized engine, whether Dura Lube prolonged its life a few minutes doesn't really matter as the end result is the same.

However, you state you are going to use it in your brand new Maxima. There is simply no logical reason to do this. Dura Lube, most likely just a fancy oil that has high viscosity (probably 50 weight), will just gum up your VQ engine and cause affects not easily seen in the short term, but very prevalent in the long term (Over 100k). Also, it is likely your oil pump's life will be affected for it having to work harder to push a thicker oil through all of the tight clearances in the engine......

I know you are going to refer to your oil analysis again...bla,bla... and that's all swell. You're trying to sell a product (Amsoil) & you are trying to back this product with data/proof. You have enough data to prove that it works as described. That's all good. That's your bread & butter. But I don't want you to buy Dura Lube, and I don't have any data. Now tell me, what's wrong with that? If you care so much about the quality of oil that goes into my car, why not ship me 5qt of Amsoil synthetic? Pretty please...

iwannabmw's intentions do include his business since he's an Amsoil dealer, but I'm the one who conceived the idea to do the spreadsheet and see how different oils in different cars with different driving conditions last because of Jiffy Lube's disinformation campaign around doing the damn 3000 mile oil changes. It's mostly a myth, and very few vehicles actually need that frequent of an oil change.

Again, you've said it works, but your case testimonials don't really back this up in long term usage, especially compared with just doing regular oil changes.

Personally, I wouldn't let the intervals go past 5K, cause I believe the oil filter would start to slowly clog the flow, no matter what I'm running on.

That primarily depends on the filter you use, the car your driving, and your driving conditions. I've been 15k on one Amsoil filter with less solubles count than others who have had 3 to 4k on one OEM Nissan filter. I've also seen Amsoil filters only last a few thousand miles.

Question: (seriously) Does any police district use Amsoil for fleet maintenance? How about any of the big players like UPS, FedEx, USPS, etc?

Amsoil is not that broadly marketed, so I would bet their use is sporadic in those vehicles. Mobile 1 may be a different story since it is marketed a lot more.
Old 02-27-2002, 08:10 AM

I never said I had proof or data, and actually I NEVER even claimed anything. I was sharing my experience. Remember when I posted the FTC suits against companies like Dura Lube... but I said I that I do believe they work well. ME BELIEVES THIS. And it was you, iwannabmw, that said "I'm still interested in hearing about your experience" right? Well no one seems to like my thread. And everyone thinks I'm trying to prove something, even after I tell 'em I don't care about proving anything. And I'm sure as hell not trying to disprove your Amsoil claims.

That's all folks.
G
1. Umm, yeah did you make that claim. See Bill's post.

2. I was interested in hearing your story because I knew it might be entertaining and you also never know, maybe you DID actually have proof, which I would be interested in.

3. You're right, I am trying so sell a product. I have one big thing in my favor though. All the claims that I make can be backed up by actual hard data, whether it be from the spreadsheet Bill has worked hard on or other sources. If you were so inclined you could try to prove Amsoil was a horrible product but you'd keep running in to a brick wall supported by years of research and development with actual data to further back it up. Furthermore, the government hasn't sued Amsoil for making false claims.

4. I'm not aware of any police departments that use Amsoil, they tend to be way too bureaucratic to see past the higher initial purchase price in order to realize the long term benefits Amsoil provides. You will see much more support from the long haul trucking community where the use of Amsoil has been proven to be able to reduce overall operating expenses for a large fleet by more than 200K dollars.
Old 02-27-2002, 08:19 AM

Originally posted by iwannabmw

5. Steve Marsh is a dealer? I didn't know that, I thought he was a Preferred Customer
Stupidity on my part..........I got you and Steve Marsh confused.......I'll edit my comments...
Old 02-27-2002, 08:28 AM

Stupidity on my part..........I got you and Steve Marsh confused.......I'll edit my comments...
That's okay, I think a lot of people get us confused since we both tend to post in the same threads and he probably plugs Amsoil more than I do
Old 02-27-2002, 08:32 AM

That's all folks.
G
I thought I had this somewhere. I think I orginally pulled this off Amsoil's website.

AMSOIL Saved Duluth Police Department Nearly 40% Per Mile!

Duluth, Mn. Police Department Demonstration; 4 Police squad cars, 6 months duration, 34,600 miles on the average, equipped with AMSOIL 10W-40 Engine Oil, AMSOIL Full-Depth Oil Filters, AMSOIL BY-Pass Oil Filter, AMSOIL Lifetime Air Filter.Material and maintenance cost for the 4 units with conventional lubricants and filters was $1,052.11. With AMSOIL Lubricants and Filters, the total was only $638.20 - nearly 40% saved per mile! AMSOIL saves in labor and material costs because it can be used many thousands of miles longer than conventional lubes.
Old 02-27-2002, 08:49 AM

I drink Duralube for breakfast with my V8 juice. If I wanna run on all 8 cylinders forever, I gotta lube...

Old 02-27-2002, 10:47 PM

Yes, yes, but what you guys do not understand is that I DON'T WANT YOU TO BUY DURALUBE! Really, you would be doing me a favor if you stay away from it, cause that equates to more on the shelf for me.

When I said "I know for a fact that it works" I meant it. I've seized engines - not being able to run them again (motorcycles). I've also seized my car engine twice. And after it cooled down, I was able to drive it... without paying a dime for repairs (xcept for the blasted radiator hose). And my emissions were very low, even after all of that abuse! So I saw it work with MY OWN two bloodshot eyes. Therefore I (and I'm stressing the "I" here) know for a fact that it works... because it worked for ME. I saw what happened to my engines without it (died) and I know what happened to my engine with it (died & resurrected after cooldown... TWICE). I don't need no stinkin analysis. That's like asking someone that just died at the ER table & was shortly brought back to life, to go through a bunch of tests. "Well Mr. Maximus, we can't believe that you're alive again - this sort of thing shouldn't happen... so we'd like to run a few tests again to make sure that you're alive. We need actual proof that you're alive, before we can release you." - Dr. Dealership

That's enough proof for ME. I don't want to persuade anyone else to use it... and I sure as heck don't want to prove to you guys that it works either... but if you're still asking for cold hard data, then I suggest you contact DuraLube & ask 'em. But I take it that neither of you really are going to call, cause you're more interested in attacking me then getting to the truth. So go ahead, have fun... reply to this post again with a few more smart comments. I don't care - I'm not the one paying for the server's HD space, or the GigaBytes of data transfer per month.

Speaking of SPAM, doesn't iwannabmw's sig seem just a bit more spam-boyant than my single post?

And much like Str8ridin, I too drink the DuraLube for breakfast & also use it to slick my hair before I hit the club-scene. It works really well! If you want proof I can show you pictures... or would you prefer a hair-grease analysis?

G Str8ballin

PS> Mr Moderata, Mr. Bob Moderata... I'm not a Newbie anymo-ah
Old 02-27-2002, 11:57 PM

I don't care if he was telling the truth or not

but that was pure entertaining. I dont know if it works, heck I don't even really care. I don't know enough about cars to say anything except. Keep your fluids clean and topped off.

Quick Reply: My Dura Lube Experieneces....