General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Another review of WSP subframe connectors

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2002, 08:13 PM

Another review of WSP subframe connectors

Here's a copy of an e-mail sent by the one and only Kaleb of Courtesy fame. He has had the SFCs on now for over a week. I had hoped he was gonna post it but he's not on this forum as much as the 3rd gen forum and I leave tomoorow for a vacation and won't have readily available internet acess.

Dallas and Dan,

I'm sorry I didn't get back to you yet but I have good reason. First off, I had a test on Monday and a test today so I've been studying my *** off in addition to work! Secondly, I wanted to have enough time on the roads that I'm familiar with in order to properly evaluate the SFC's and give a good opinion.

The first thing I'd like to say about the sub frame connectors is HOLY ****! I NEVER expected them to make this much of a difference! I have Eibach springs, Tokico struts, the ST anti-sway bar set, strut tower brace, brand new bushings on the front suspension (control arms and all other rubber parts). The SFCs have about 6x the effect of the ST sway bar set. Body roll is reduced by a significant amount. I have touring tires on my car, Cooper Grand Classic STEs that are a about two years old in the stock 205/65/15 size. I live out in the "country" off of a nice curvy road which I have mastered with the countless trips I make home. I'm very familiar with the road and how the car reacts on each turn. There is a 15 MPH sharp 90 degree with a downhill sweep at one point that I have been able to take at 25 MPH, or 30 MPH with tires squealing and getting the car a bit sideways. Today and yesterday I took it at 45 MPH, no joke, I was watching the speedo at the end of the turn, with NO tire squeal. In fact, that's the amazing part, even on the sweeping 80 degree 30MPH turns that I usually do at 60 w/ the tires squealing, it stays planted w/ no squeal. The stiffening is so effective that it prevents the inside tires from lifting, therefore reducing traction. I would estimate it increased chassis stiffness by 300%-400%, and I'm eager to see the results of the chassis flex measuring machine that you were talking about this weekend.

My next evaluation: ride quality. The Eibachs are a harsh spring, everyone knows this. They are great on the highway but when a bump presents itself to the car the Eibachs let the whole car know about it. The SFCs have reduced the harshness of the Eibachs by about 50%. Sure, you still feel it, but the bump's energy is distributed so efficiently throughout the chassis due to the SFCs that it's almost like I'm back on stock springs. Speed bumps are SO less of a jarring now! The parking lot at school has a big sink hole in one area that really shakes the car up, but with the SFCs it's SO much smoother, it's incredible noticeable how much of an improvement it is. My friend Jared and I alternate vehicles when we drive to a different campus for our last class every day, and he road over the bumps and could not believe how good it felt. He was also impressed with the highway performance and wants SFCs DEARLY on his 1998 Jeep Cherokee. On my highway commute to Courtesy Nissan, there is a large dip on the high way that I usually show down for because it is so bad. But this time I kept on cruising at 70 MPH and was VERY impressed by how well the car took it, very incredible. Another spot, right after an overpass on the highway, it has a double-bump that usually throws the car around a bit, makes the chassis vibrate and twist. With the SFCs, it's like nothing is even there, it just glides over them as the energy is transferred to the suspension instead of the body.

There is no noticeable increase in road or wind noise due to the Stage 2 cross bracing or the SFCs themselves.

Ground Clearance: So far no major problem on any of the up/down slope transitions I've encountered EXCEPT when I had 4 people in the car, I had a medium scrap on an up/down transition out of an apartment complex that can be taken w/ myself and a passenger with no problems. Just the added 340 lbs of passengers in the back sinks it down quite a bit.

Thank you for such an amazing product and a perfect installation. Please let me post this on the 4dsc.com, Maxima.org, etc so people can see what I think, I'd also like to comment to them about the attention to detail that you and Billy showed during the installation. I am so very pleased with the SFCs and I would gladly pay the price you're asking. Please let me know if you'd like me to comment on anything else or if you have any specific performance questions for me.

-Kaleb

Dallas and I are quite happy. This car has ALL the available suspension mods on it. Makes me mad I can't get my set on for a couple of weeks yet.E-mail Dallas if your interesred or call our 800#.

Dan WSP
Old 02-28-2002, 09:11 PM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

I can't wait until mine is ready
Old 03-01-2002, 12:11 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Truely awesome! From what I've read from various sources then, these SFCs will greatly benefit both stock AND fully suspension modded cars of any generation!

Very cool stuff!
Old 03-01-2002, 05:25 AM

Dan: What is the cost of the Stage 1 for 4th Gens? nm

nm
Old 03-01-2002, 10:42 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

An excellent write-up about an excellent product.

It's easy to be skeptical about a product when people say that it helps this much, but this one is for real. You really have to experience it to get the full effect. Hope all you guys that ordered them get them quickly. You'll love'em.
Old 03-01-2002, 12:18 PM

Re: An excellent write-up about an excellent product.

Originally posted by BSwithTF
It's easy to be skeptical about a product when people say that it helps this much, but this one is for real. You really have to experience it to get the full effect. Hope all you guys that ordered them get them quickly. You'll love'em.
I agree completely, mine are absolutely FANTASTIC! I've ridden in all sorts of modded Maximas and I think this is the single best mod you can do.
Old 03-01-2002, 01:15 PM
Ford Only.

Yup, My 10 year old oem suspension, SFC's, and FSTB. And I am out handling certain 4th gen Maxima's that have springs, etc...