General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Finally found my PERFECT set of rims!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2002, 09:09 PM
How 'bout them cliffs?

Finally found my PERFECT set of rims!!!

I've been looking on the board for inspiration, while i had an idea of what design i wanted. Finally saw them on a MAX, and i think my "vision" was good! now can rest... TR SNIPERS!!!

they look like they're 18", and they look sweet to me!http://www.seas.ucla.edu/~cheston/wheelselector.html

What you think?
Old 03-08-2002, 09:59 PM

Re: Finally found my PERFECT set of rims!!!

Originally posted by dmBK
I've been looking on the board for inspiration, while i had an idea of what design i wanted. Finally saw them on a MAX, and i think my "vision" was good! now can rest... TR SNIPERS!!!

they look like they're 18", and they look sweet to me!http://www.seas.ucla.edu/~cheston/wheelselector.html

What you think?
Get what you want, it's the best thing. Just remember, 18's equal, heavier, more rotational mass, more expensive wheels, more expensive tires, harsher ride (more bumps felt), more prone to anything bad for jarring, but they look badass. Your call buddy, in the end, it's all that matters. They would definatly look sweet rollin' slowly up to a stop.
Old 03-08-2002, 10:18 PM
How 'bout them cliffs?

Re: Re: Finally found my PERFECT set of rims!!!

Originally posted by Xtreme5053

Get what you want, it's the best thing. Just remember, 18's equal, heavier, more rotational mass, more expensive wheels, more expensive tires, harsher ride (more bumps felt), more prone to anything bad for jarring, but they look badass. Your call buddy, in the end, it's all that matters. They would definatly look sweet rollin' slowly up to a stop.
I hear ya! I as planning 17x8, but 18" look just perfect. plus i want to do AGX/B&G too, so ride quality is definately a concern (NYC, baby!). Plus the tires are much more expensive. thinkin, still thinkin...
Old 03-09-2002, 01:02 AM

Re: Re: Re: Finally found my PERFECT set of rims!!!

I hear ya! I as planning 17x8, but 18" look just perfect. plus i want to do AGX/B&G too, so ride quality is definately a concern (NYC, baby!). Plus the tires are much more expensive. thinkin, still thinkin...
dmBK, I e-mailed you about the Kenwood MP3 player and havent recieved a response. Did you still want to sell it to me? Let me know
Old 03-09-2002, 01:42 AM

if you like those rims, www.tirerack.com, look at OZ Superleggras. Chunger just bought a 18x8 set, and theyre pretty light.

BLING$
Old 03-09-2002, 05:37 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Listen, do not let anybody tell you otherwise... 18" are the way to go. Believe me. When I was shopping for rims I had the same concerns as you. Ride Quality. Weight. $$$ of tires, etc. I live on Long Island and I'm in Queens and NYC practically every day so I was worried. But I got 18x8 rims and never looked back. Seriously, they look so fantastic! I have the AGX/B&G combo and with the agx settings on 2/4 and the 18's with 235/40/18 tires, the ride is rarely VERY harsh, and never has gotten to the point where I couldn't take it. Maybe it's because I'm young, who knows... Seriously, the ride is not bad at all. The rims definately slow the car down a little ( I swapped my 15's on for a bit at the beginning of winter and noticed the car was faster) but man it's a fine tradeoff to see that everyone stares at your rims wherever you go. It's a beautiful thing. =)
Old 03-09-2002, 05:39 AM

Also, I purchased 235/40/18 Kumho Ecsta Supras on Tirerack for I think around $120-130 per tire. VERY GOOD PRICE, and I can't complain about the tire. It's very impressive for the price (as pretty much any kumho owner will tell you).
Old 03-09-2002, 06:12 AM

Originally posted by CKNY
Also, I purchased 235/40/18 Kumho Ecsta Supras on Tirerack for I think around $120-130 per tire. VERY GOOD PRICE, and I can't complain about the tire. It's very impressive for the price (as pretty much any kumho owner will tell you).
at least you know what you want. i have been looking for wheels for about 2 months now and haven't found anything yet. the only wheel i like so far is the ssr 3pc (at tirerack) and the giovanna anzio. i haven't used my car for 3 weeks just waiting for wheels. and i miss all the meets.
Old 03-09-2002, 07:50 AM
How 'bout them cliffs?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Finally found my PERFECT set of rims!!!

Originally posted by 97ABMAX

dmBK, I e-mailed you about the Kenwood MP3 player and havent recieved a response. Did you still want to sell it to me? Let me know
I did reply to your e-mail. I will reply again. Sorry.
Old 03-09-2002, 07:51 AM
How 'bout them cliffs?

Originally posted by OgreDave
if you like those rims, www.tirerack.com, look at OZ Superleggras. Chunger just bought a 18x8 set, and theyre pretty light.

BLING$
Naa, like TRs better.
Old 03-09-2002, 07:53 AM
How 'bout them cliffs?

Originally posted by CKNY

Listen, do not let anybody tell you otherwise... 18" are the way to go. Believe me. When I was shopping for rims I had the same concerns as you. Ride Quality. Weight. $$$ of tires, etc. I live on Long Island and I'm in Queens and NYC practically every day so I was worried. But I got 18x8 rims and never looked back. Seriously, they look so fantastic! I have the AGX/B&G combo and with the agx settings on 2/4 and the 18's with 235/40/18 tires, the ride is rarely VERY harsh, and never has gotten to the point where I couldn't take it. Maybe it's because I'm young, who knows... Seriously, the ride is not bad at all. The rims definately slow the car down a little ( I swapped my 15's on for a bit at the beginning of winter and noticed the car was faster) but man it's a fine tradeoff to see that everyone stares at your rims wherever you go. It's a beautiful thing. =)
I hear ya! maybe at one of the meets you can give me a ride, before i plunk down the cash?
Old 03-09-2002, 07:54 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

You like the TR Snipers ehhh, hint hint look at my sig, i still have em but they don't make them anymore sorry...i needed a spare rim and they said they only had one left in stock 18x8, other than that they are a great rim, maybe someone other than tirerack still carries them?
Old 03-09-2002, 07:56 AM
How 'bout them cliffs?

Originally posted by 97GLES
at least you know what you want. i have been looking for wheels for about 2 months now and haven't found anything yet. the only wheel i like so far is the ssr 3pc (at tirerack) and the giovanna anzio. i haven't used my car for 3 weeks just waiting for wheels. and i miss all the meets.
Now i'm hoping that they're not discontinued, and have proper offset (i think they got 38mm, which i thik is perfect). Now i'm riding on 15" stock GLE "snowflakes"
Old 03-09-2002, 07:59 AM
How 'bout them cliffs?

Originally posted by MaximaRider
You like the TR Snipers ehhh, hint hint look at my sig, i still have em but they don't make them anymore sorry...i needed a spare rim and they said they only had one left in stock 18x8, other than that they are a great rim, maybe someone other than tirerack still carries them?
Are those 18" in the sig picture? I know there are kosei and others who make knock-offs, but they dont look as good to me.
Old 03-09-2002, 08:04 AM

Yea they are 18x8 = 21 pound rim, which is pretty light for 18's, i am pretty sure they are discontinued everywhere and i am looking for a place to refinish my rims cause they have some curb damage, Primax makes knockoffs but their color fades and the rims weigh 30+lbs a peice which is "DUBZ" weight , if you like the sniper i do suggest looking at some OZ's they have certain styles that are similar and fyi superleggera's are HOT! my friend has them in 17x7 on his 2000 vw gti 1.8t, check out my homepage for more pics of me and my friends cars..... http://web.bryant.edu/~all9
Old 03-09-2002, 08:05 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Finally found my PERFECT set of rims!!!

I hear ya! maybe at one of the meets you can give me a ride, before i plunk down the cash?
no problemo.
Old 03-09-2002, 08:14 AM
How 'bout them cliffs?

Yea they are 18x8 = 21 pound rim, which is pretty light for 18's, i am pretty sure they are discontinued everywhere and i am looking for a place to refinish my rims cause they have some curb damage, Primax makes knockoffs but their color fades and the rims weigh 30+lbs a peice which is "DUBZ" weight , if you like the sniper i do suggest looking at some OZ's they have certain styles that are similar and fyi superleggera's are HOT! my friend has them in 17x7 on his 2000 vw gti 1.8t, check out my homepage for more pics of me and my friends cars..... http://web.bryant.edu/~all9
That's what i was afraid of! I like 5Zigens GT8 look on one of your friend's Max's, the "flush" look. I'm also diggin the BBS RX wheels - Anton has pics of them on his max. I like that they have a "lip". Plus there are many companies that have that design, RH being another good manufacturer, but they're also expensive, like BBS. Some knock-offs manage to look good, and have a decent price.
Old 03-09-2002, 08:16 AM

yea the 5Zigens are SprintMax's rims, if you want a rim that looks like that but is cheaper, get the Konig Tantrums, they may be slightly overplayed but they look hot in 18in and they are extremely cheap and easy to find now, so you'll have no trouble like i did when i found out they discontinued my rims.
Old 03-09-2002, 08:22 AM
How 'bout them cliffs?

yea the 5Zigens are SprintMax's rims, if you want a rim that looks like that but is cheaper, get the Konig Tantrums, they may be slightly overplayed but they look hot in 18in and they are extremely cheap and easy to find now, so you'll have no trouble like i did when i found out they discontinued my rims.
Thanks for the info, i appreciate it Many people got tantrums, so i'm a little iffy on that. i got some time to think, we'll see what i come up with.
Old 03-09-2002, 08:26 AM

good luck and remember its your choice so whatever you pick should look good to YOU! and i like the whole Be original motto.
Old 03-09-2002, 08:30 AM
How 'bout them cliffs?

good luck and remember its your choice so whatever you pick should look good to YOU! and i like the whole Be original motto.
Exactly!
Old 03-09-2002, 02:23 PM

They look just like the Enkei RF1 except lighter. Cool site, good luck with them cause they look sweet!
Old 03-09-2002, 02:46 PM

What you think?
Those TR SNIPERS look really sweet buddy. WHen I get enough money I'd love to get new rims as well, and I'd love something with the same looks as those. Good luck with those sweet rims.

- Steve
Old 03-09-2002, 04:13 PM

The Konig Tantrums will be discontinued very soon...

Tantrum 2's are soon to be released.

Erik
Old 03-10-2002, 12:55 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Finally found my PERFECT set of rims!!!

I did reply to your e-mail. I will reply again. Sorry.
hmm, im not getting any responses yet, are you e-mailing ab97max@aol.com? Let me know, Take Care
Old 03-10-2002, 05:05 AM

Go for the 18's, because once you have the thought in your mind, you wont be satisfied until they're on your car!

The 18" tire is not that much more--say you wanted a S-03 Pole Position, you're talking $170 vs. $195 each, or $100 more on the car. I'd just like to see more "all-season" tires in the 235/40-18 size come on the scene.

Call me crazy but I went from 215/55-16 to 235/40-18 and I don't notice any ride degradation in Philly. My suspension is totally stock though. I have to be really careful parking at a curb now, I try to turn the wheels sideways and let the tread "bump" the curb softly to feel where the curb is.

GET THE 18'S!! Good luck.
Old 03-17-2002, 07:26 AM

Nice Rims, on the 5th gen picture what body kit are they showing.

RalphW

What you think?
Old 03-17-2002, 07:32 AM
How 'bout them cliffs?

Originally posted by Frank Fontaine

Go for the 18's, because once you have the thought in your mind, you wont be satisfied until they're on your car!

The 18" tire is not that much more--say you wanted a S-03 Pole Position, you're talking $170 vs. $195 each, or $100 more on the car. I'd just like to see more "all-season" tires in the 235/40-18 size come on the scene.

Call me crazy but I went from 215/55-16 to 235/40-18 and I don't notice any ride degradation in Philly. My suspension is totally stock though. I have to be really careful parking at a curb now, I try to turn the wheels sideways and let the tread "bump" the curb softly to feel where the curb is.

GET THE 18'S!! Good luck.
What do you think about 18"s now, after you posted about your experience on the highway in other threads? still all good?
Old 03-17-2002, 03:01 PM

What you think?
They're nice. 18s, go for the 18s. all about aesthetics.. Remember to get new suspension
Roger