General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Got a Ticket Last Night for 103 in 55!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2002, 12:21 PM

Got a Ticket Last Night for 103 in 55!!

HELP!!

I wasnt racing but someone was following me. Its my 1st offense and I'm only 18
Old 03-09-2002, 12:23 PM
SLOW

I can see where this is going.....
Old 03-09-2002, 12:27 PM

Help you with what? Paying the speeding ticket?

You did the crime and you admit to it, take the responsiblity.

I remember my first offense Boy was I nervous. Everything will be alright if you pay the ticket. Unless in your state, you get your liscense revoked for going 30mph+ over. If thats the case, get ready for a bus pass.
Old 03-09-2002, 12:44 PM

Re: Got a Ticket Last Night for 103 in 55!!

Originally posted by CometMAX
HELP!!

What state? If NY, you must be posting from the county prison. 45 over the limit you go to jail until you can pay the fine. Most people do not carry $300 in cash.

Not to get on a soap box but pay the fine and be thankful, and be careful as well.
Old 03-09-2002, 12:52 PM

Dude, get a lawyer and pray.

GC
Old 03-09-2002, 01:04 PM

I can see where this is going.....
What do you mean?
Help you with what? Paying the speeding ticket?
That would be nice

What state? If NY, you must be posting from the county prison. 45 over the limit you go to jail until you can pay the fine. Most people do not carry $300 in cash.
I'm not sure...The worst part is Dealing with my dad. Hes a NC Highway Patrolman. He going to see what he can do. But hes thinking about selling My 3000GT. and the Worst Part I was in The Max when this happened. I noticed a gang memembers car was following me. My friend has warned me about them and since I'm not longer friends with her anymore shes threatend to get them on me. Well I see that Blue Infiety J30 Following me So I Jumped on a freeway to see would he try and keep up( i knew I had no chance of Outrunning him). Well I could see He wasnt gaining on me. So I backed off the gas and I didn't have it to the floor But my speedo read 105 MPH I wasnt paying attention to my speed, I thought it was 95 at the most, Damn Maximas Ride so smooth.. And Just then Headlights switch on in front of me and its a cop and he makes a U-Turn and I just pull over imediately.
Old 03-09-2002, 01:10 PM

What do you mean?

That would be nice

I'm not sure...The worst part is Dealing with my dad. Hes a NC Highway Patrolman. He going to see what he can do. But hes thinking about selling My 3000GT. and the Worst Part I was in The Max when this happened. I noticed a gang memembers car was following me. My friend has warned me about them and since I'm not longer friends with her anymore shes threatend to get them on me. Well I see that Blue Infiety J30 Following me So I Jumped on a freeway to see would he try and keep up( i knew I had no chance of Outrunning him). Well I could see He wasnt gaining on me. So I backed off the gas and I didn't have it to the floor But my speedo read 105 MPH I wasnt paying attention to my speed, I thought it was 95 at the most, Damn Maximas Ride so smooth.. And Just then Headlights switch on in front of me and its a cop and he makes a U-Turn and I just pull over imediately.
Doesn't sound like your dad is too I don't know how to say it. He's a tropper yet all this happens to you. In a kooky way he's partially to blame. Has he offered you any guidance? What does selling the 3000GT accomplish, like you said, you drove over 100 in a Maxima. It'd be like the daugher of a physician coming home and telling daddy she's pregnant. Parents need to offer guidance--either he slaps you silly or he shrugs it off, it's his call. Selling your car accomplishes nothing imho.
Old 03-09-2002, 01:11 PM

Try explaining that to the Judge. Although, I still think you should have drove at a normal pace to a crowded place and call 911, OR if you had a cell phone to dial that all important number.
Old 03-09-2002, 01:24 PM

Try explaining that to the Judge. Although, I still think you should have drove at a normal pace to a crowded place and call 911, OR if you had a cell phone to dial that all important number.
I agree...My dad said the same thing. Its not going to hold up in Court. The best thing for me to do is Get an Anttorney.
It was my act of foolishness and I should have thought about it before I decided to go overkill with my speed.

Doesn't sound like your dad is too I don't know how to say it. He's a tropper yet all this happens to you. In a kooky way he's partially to blame. Has he offered you any guidance? What does selling the 3000GT accomplish, like you said, you drove over 100 in a Maxima. It'd be like the daugher of a physician coming home and telling daddy she's pregnant. Parents need to offer guidance--either he slaps you silly or he shrugs it off, it's his call. Selling your car accomplishes nothing imho.
Well I talked to him about a few min ago..He said hes going to do everything possible so I won't lost my Liscense..He has not made that Final Desicison to Sell the 3000GT. He know I love and baby that car. It was an Early Graduation Gift. Now I must explain to my friend Why I'm driving the Maxima again....
I guess I'm lucky in a way. If That Cop didn't pull me It could have been a lot worst. I got have hit a deer and it could have went through the windsheild and killed me at that speed. I could have had a blowout and lost control of my car and How Would I explain that to the cops?? I would probrobly have a Totalled Maxima and Could have been killed.
Old 03-09-2002, 01:55 PM

Did you think the "gang members" were going to shoot at you on the highway? Your story sounds like a load of malarky to me. You also mispelled Infiniti, and it's I30, not J30. Also, your grammer is terrible. Not to nit-pick, but I really hate that. And going 105 mph doesn't mean you're going to have a blowout or hit a deer, etc. And you said you have to explain to your friend why you're driving the Maxima again. Is that a bad thing, and do you only have one friend? I think you're on some sort of narcotics and a speeding ticket is the least of your worries. Hope your cellmate isn't a big guy named Bubba....
Old 03-09-2002, 02:01 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Sorry to hear that happened to you, that sucks. . . But I know how you feel as I got 90 in a 65 after supposedly being "Paced By An Aircraft." I am looking into getting a lawyer right now as I was going 65 for about 3 miles before and when I was pulled over by the highway patrol. I don't think just the aircraft pace will hold up in court.
Old 03-09-2002, 02:03 PM

Originally posted by crusher84
Did you think the "gang members" were going to shoot at you on the highway? Your story sounds like a load of malarky to me. You also mispelled Infiniti, and it's I30, not J30. Also, your grammer is terrible. Not to nit-pick, but I really hate that. And going 105 mph doesn't mean you're going to have a blowout or hit a deer, etc. And you said you have to explain to your friend why you're driving the Maxima again. Is that a bad thing, and do you only have one friend? I think you're on some sort of narcotics and a speeding ticket is the least of your worries. Hope your cellmate isn't a big guy named Bubba....
Infinity did make a J30 BTW. . . It was a RWD fairly large sedan that had some power from the early to mid 90's (not exactly sure of the dates).
Old 03-09-2002, 02:13 PM

Originally posted by Adidas_Boy

Infinity did make a J30 BTW. . . It was a RWD fairly large sedan that had some power from the early to mid 90's (not exactly sure of the dates).
My bad, but you mispelled Infiniti, too!
Old 03-09-2002, 02:19 PM

My bad, but you mispelled Infiniti, too!
I realized that after the fact but I can't correct it due to the forum not allowing me to edit posts. . . Infiniti, I N F I N I T I, Infiniti
Old 03-09-2002, 02:19 PM

Get a lawyer for that 103 man. Hopefully you can get it knocked down to just have to take a DD course and be all set.
Old 03-09-2002, 02:31 PM

Originally posted by Adidas_Boy

Actually its a fairly tight sedan because EPA rates it as compact for interior volume. I believe it was made from 1992-1996

Some specs:

VG30DE DOHC 24valve, 183cu in (2997cc), iron block and heads.

210HP@6,400rpms
193 TQ@4,800rpms
3496lbs
weight distribution- 57/43

Exterior size is similar to the Maxima, but like I said before, interior volume is small, 87cu ft to be exacted.
Old 03-09-2002, 03:22 PM

actually, you never know about the gang members shooting on the highway...we had a family friend's son die that way...one of his friends got into an argument with some guys who were in a gang one night at a club...the family friend didn't say anything or argue, he actually pulled his friend away from the argument...well, they drive off, with him driving...they're on their way back home on the highway when they see a car speeding up beside them, then roll down the window...it's the gang members...they shoot at the car and the driver (family friend's son) gets shot...he was in a hospital for 3 weeks, pretty much a vegetable until his parents finally decided to pull him off life support...so you never know...this happened to a guy who wasn't really involved in an argument, just his friend
Old 03-09-2002, 10:18 PM

Originally posted by 97BlackMax

actually, you never know about the gang members shooting on the highway...we had a family friend's son die that way...one of his friends got into an argument with some guys who were in a gang one night at a club...the family friend didn't say anything or argue, he actually pulled his friend away from the argument...well, they drive off, with him driving...they're on their way back home on the highway when they see a car speeding up beside them, then roll down the window...it's the gang members...they shoot at the car and the driver (family friend's son) gets shot...he was in a hospital for 3 weeks, pretty much a vegetable until his parents finally decided to pull him off life support...so you never know...this happened to a guy who wasn't really involved in an argument, just his friend
That's sad. I hope they caught the person who killed your friend.
Old 03-09-2002, 10:24 PM

Re: Re: Got a Ticket Last Night for 103 in 55!!

Originally posted by Frank Fontaine

Not to get on a soap box but pay the fine and be thankful, and be careful as well.
That's funny.

I think here in WA state 20 over is jail time, and 15 over is like $400.

Of course, I live in the essence of irony.
A liberal state with fascists taxes and laws. (Highest taxes in the country, cops beat people down for protesting, but gotta save that Spotted Owl!!)

Old 03-10-2002, 10:11 AM

I got a ticket for 122 in a 65 once....I just went to court, pleaded no contest, and went on probation for 6 months.
Old 03-10-2002, 07:10 PM

Re: Re: Re: Got a Ticket Last Night for 103 in 55!!

Originally posted by iansw

That's funny.

I think here in WA state 20 over is jail time, and 15 over is like $400.

Of course, I live in the essence of irony.
A liberal state with fascists taxes and laws. (Highest taxes in the country, cops beat people down for protesting, but gotta save that Spotted Owl!!)

Yikes...Well, what would you expect from the state that brought us both Nirvana AND Hole? Hole totally sucks, ruining the whole Nirvana thing. But hey, you've still got "Frasier"! I think we accidentally hijacked this thread.....
Old 03-10-2002, 07:23 PM

I am going to start thiking twice every time I take my speeds up in the high range, I hear they just got some helecopter here in austin that tracks speed or some crap like that...
Old 03-11-2002, 05:46 AM

First, be glad you didn't have to go to jail. Next get a lawyer..

HELP!!

Old 03-11-2002, 09:00 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Got a Ticket Last Night for 103 in 55!!

Yikes...Well, what would you expect from the state that brought us both Nirvana AND Hole? Hole totally sucks, ruining the whole Nirvana thing. But hey, you've still got "Frasier"! I think we accidentally hijacked this thread.....
But we also gave you Presidents of the USA, and Jimmy Hendrix.
And Sir Mix-Alot....?
Old 03-11-2002, 09:46 AM

crusher84

Grammer is spelled grammar. People who live in glass houses...
Old 03-11-2002, 10:55 AM

Did you think the "gang members" were going to shoot at you on the highway? Your story sounds like a load of malarky to me.
Could happen. Years ago guy in my high school got his head blown off by a shotgun from a passing pickup truck. %$#! hillbillies ... his cousin grabbed the wheel and brought the car to a stop. It was over that quick, nothing but road rage.
Old 03-11-2002, 11:00 AM
I'm needing a caw

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Got a Ticket Last Night for 103 in 55!!

Quincy Jones baby!

And Sir Mix-Alot....?
Old 03-11-2002, 11:07 AM
My 4DSC

Did you think the "gang members" were going to shoot at you on the highway? Your story sounds like a load of malarky to me.
do you know how many times a day your avg. cop hears this excuse?
"there was a guy w/ a gun following me..."
"there was some bad guys following me..."
even if that were true, which it isn't, doing 105mph is not the way to solve the problem.

oh yea...
and what happened to the gang members?
did you leave them in your dust?
did they pass by and laugh at you when you got pulled over?

Old 03-11-2002, 03:35 PM

Originally posted by OriginalMadMax

Could happen. Years ago guy in my high school got his head blown off by a shotgun from a passing pickup truck. %$#! hillbillies ... his cousin grabbed the wheel and brought the car to a stop. It was over that quick, nothing but road rage.
That is insane.

SuDZ
Old 03-11-2002, 07:32 PM

Re: crusher84

Originally posted by Eric99SE-L
I...uh...I meant to do that! No, but seriously, thanks for bringing that to my attention. I obviously wasn't paying attention. GRAMMAR...Gosh...At least I can spell "Infiniti"!
Old 03-11-2002, 11:52 PM

Road rage

Originally posted by SuDZ

That is insane.

SuDZ
No kidding. It was like the end of Easy Rider. I guess the kid cut the guy off getting to a freeway interchange, and the guy pulled alongside as soon as they got through it. Blam! They never caught him, either.
Old 03-12-2002, 01:14 AM

I was going 127MPH on the freeway once and a cop pulled onto the freeway right in front of me. It flashed its lights and slowed me down to the speed limit (55MPH) and then sped off...

I didn't have a license then either I'm glad they didn't pull me over.
Old 03-12-2002, 08:03 AM

Re: crusher84

Originally posted by Eric99SE-L
It was about time someone caught that. It is also not correct grammar, if you want to be real *nal, to begin a sentence with AND. As for the 100+ speeding ticket, you better be glad you're not here in GA because 24 mph over gets you a ticket straight to jail and automatic license suspension. You should probably get a lawyer and not mention the "gang" member story, it will make you look like you are fishing for an excuse or sympathy.
Old 03-12-2002, 10:33 AM

Get an attorney and don't sweat it. It's your fisrt infraction, you will most likely get a diversion(if they have a program for that in your state). As for going that fast, enjoy it! Do yourself and others a favor though. Go to at least one driving school, I would advise Skip Barber high performance driving school and keep your car in great shape with great tires being a priority. I drive fast daily and will tell you that you can beat tickets. I take every ticket I get to court.
Old 03-12-2002, 02:59 PM

If you can't pay the fine, don't do the crime!

HELP!!

Old 03-12-2002, 06:29 PM

Well all you'll have to do is pay the ticket. I am just 17 and my first ticket ever was a 100 in a 45 and I was following someone also. The person was 18 that I was following which made it easier on me kinda. He had to pay the ticket but I got my license supsended for 8 monthes. I have a chance to get my license back in May if I make it that long without getting in trouble in school or outside of school which shouldn't be a problem (knock on wood). The judge was going to suspend them for a year or possibly even until I am 18 but he gave me a break cuz he said that I was following someone over my age and he was like "contributing to a minor"
Old 03-12-2002, 06:43 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Got a Ticket Last Night for 103 in 55!!

And Sir Mix-Alot....?
How can you remember POT USA and not Pearl Jam? Greatest band ever.
Old 03-12-2002, 07:29 PM

"When you decide to step on it, you usually just step in it."

Sorry about the trouble. In my "younger" days (man, I sound like a grumpy old man already), I got a ticket for racing and thought it would be the end of the world. My dad advised me to find an attorney (which I did on my own BTW) and work things out. It still cost a lot of money (lawyers ain't cheap) but I learned a lesson. Hopefully you will, too.

Someone posted earlier about not understanding why your dad would sell the 3000GT. Um, hello? Which would have a greater lasting influence on you -- getting rid of a 13 year old Max with 240k+ miles on it or getting rid of a relatively new 3000GT? Aside from the fact that your dad (a NC trooper) is trying to "see what he can do", it sounds like he's handling it quite well. (Most parents' first response is to try to fix it and make it better, but sometimes you have to let a child experience the pain so they understand that life is real and consequences for bad decisions are real, too.)

Nuff said. Sorry to preach - go get a lawyer.
Old 03-12-2002, 09:48 PM
Sports Button FTW

jesus man, what were u thinking?! That's big bucks there man, definitely try to talk to prosecutor to knock it down to a lower charge...u were caught fair and square so u can't say u didn't do it, but atleast u can get something that pays crazy dough but doesn't give u points...atleast not like 6

my first offense (did 85 in 65 zone) i just paid ticket, it was all the way in philly and i'm at new jersey, didn't feel like driving back up there so i mailed money and accepted points like a dumb a$$...now i got like 4 points on my dam thing...well, from now i know what to do but haven't gotten a speeding ticket since.....
Old 03-12-2002, 10:03 PM

why didnt u tell the cop u were in danger

Quick Reply: Got a Ticket Last Night for 103 in 55!!