General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

New Pics of Dual Exhaust and 2 HID pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2002, 09:56 PM

New Pics of Dual Exhaust and 2 HID pics

Old 03-21-2002, 09:57 PM

Old 03-21-2002, 09:59 PM

This is my buddy Josh's car with my stock rims

Old 03-21-2002, 10:03 PM

HOLY CRAP.... I've only seen stuff like this in my wildest fantasies. God bless you my friend. That is absolutely beautiful. I would give anything just to hear that baby roar....oooh gives me chills. AHH great now I'm not going to be able to sleep. Thanks again for making my day!
Old 03-21-2002, 10:07 PM

Originally posted by eliasmavs99
HOLY CRAP.... I've only seen stuff like this in my wildest fantasies. God bless you my friend. That is absolutely beautiful. I would give anything just to hear that baby roar....oooh gives me chills. AHH great now I'm not going to be able to sleep. Thanks again for making my day!
Your welcome, and thanks for the complement,

vote for me for MOTM
Old 03-21-2002, 10:28 PM
MaxedOut97SE

Originally posted by GTRBlkMax97
Your welcome, and thanks for the complement,

vote for me for MOTM

It really does look good, Vonjonna.

BTW, is that Josh dude on the .org?

Old 03-21-2002, 10:28 PM
Licensed to Spell

:o)

Oh my golly. What did you do to that poor car?! I'm still trying to figure out what's worse: the way too big, out of place, sticking out too far, fake dual-dual exhaust, the fake GTR emblym unsymmetrically placed under the keyhole, or the fact that you have an unnsymetrical, unused exhaust hole on the right. Oh brother.

It's times like this,I wish I had access to the smiley.
Old 03-21-2002, 10:31 PM

Wtf is up with hid pics always coming out greenish.... its almost pointless showing pics... anyone know why cameras have trouble capturing the blue in the lights??

Adam
Old 03-21-2002, 10:40 PM
MaxedOut97SE

Re: :o)

Originally posted by ptatohed
Oh my golly. What did you do to that poor car?! I'm still trying to figure out what's worse: the way too big, out of place, sticking out too far, fake dual-dual exhaust, the fake GTR emblym unsymmetrically placed under the keyhole, or the fact that you have an unnsymetrical, unused exhaust hole on the right. Oh brother.

Ouch! That's pretty harsh man.

Old 03-21-2002, 10:47 PM

Fake duals? ummm they are true duals piping running to both of them, what's your muffler that looks like a chrome tip from pepboys, and unsymetrical? enlighten me on this one, and as for unused exhaust hole that will be fixed shortly, and I am sooooo sorry you have to drive an auto so you can diss me all you want to make yourself feel better

oh and just saw your web site, does that wing help keep the azz end on the ground at your top speed of 120MPH
Old 03-21-2002, 10:57 PM

Damn bro whats with all the negativity? Did he bust on your ugly spoiler or wanna be momo arrow's in the past or something?
Old 03-21-2002, 10:58 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I'm not sure if it's the pics, but the exhaust tips seem to stick out a lot?
Old 03-21-2002, 11:00 PM

Originally posted by Cumalot
I'm not sure if it's the pics, but the exhaust tips seem to stick out a lot?
maybe 1/2 inch out from the bumper maybe less it's not as far as it looks
Old 03-21-2002, 11:00 PM
MaxedOut97SE

Re: Re: :o)

Originally posted by Nine7Max

Damn bro whats with all the negativity? Did he bust on your ugly spoiler or wanna be momo arrow's in the past or something?

Old 03-21-2002, 11:03 PM

Originally posted by Nine7Max

wanna be momo arrow's
hahahahahah wanna be momo arrow's i didn't catch that, i almost fell out of my seat when i realized that lol
Old 03-21-2002, 11:11 PM

Im sure you are happy with how it turned out or elese you wouldnt have put up the pics but, it would look dope as hell if you had the mufflers mountedhigher under the car. Right now it looks kinda like they are to low b/c you were not able to use the bumper cut outs. Why not use the money to fill the original cut out and have 2 larger ones made for the duals so you can mount them higher. Other than that your car looks great. I sewar black se's look like a totaly differnt car than any other max's. Thoes rims are great too, remind me a skyline. What bulbs do you have in the foggs do they match better to the HID's in life then in the pics? Later
Old 03-21-2002, 11:19 PM

Originally posted by fsumax
Im sure you are happy with how it turned out or elese you wouldnt have put up the pics but, it would look dope as hell if you had the mufflers mountedhigher under the car. Right now it looks kinda like they are to low b/c you were not able to use the bumper cut outs. Why not use the money to fill the original cut out and have 2 larger ones made for the duals so you can mount them higher. Other than that your car looks great. What bulbs do you have in the foggs do they match better to the HID's in life then in the pics? Later
The bumper cut outs is phase 3 of the dual exhaust process, got a bumper from my friend who i helped put a sarona kit on, so i will play with that in the next few months, they really aren't as low as they seem, the pictures just look funny for some reason, phase two will be lining them up a little more, cause one does hang down farther than the other,
as far as the lights go, none of the match, i have yellow fogs on the very bottom, and standard stock ones, need to order some ion yellow piaas and they should look better,

I sewar black se's look like a totaly differnt car than any other max's.
Hey some one else that feels the same way i do

Thoes rims are great too, remind me a skyline.
Thats why i got them
Old 03-21-2002, 11:26 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Since DTMs aren't my thing(not even a single DTM muffler) it doesn't look so hot to me. but if you like it than its all good! Personally I think it would have looked good with regular dual tip mufflers. IMO, DTM tips just don't go nice with our cars! Nice work though!
Old 03-21-2002, 11:44 PM

My thoughts exactly. Not to seem negative tho, the car looks great, but dual DTMs just aren't my thing I guess.
Old 03-22-2002, 01:14 AM

congrats on the job, don't listen to the negs, they look great, but I was wondering about the sound, how would it be different from a just a stock muffler, much louder? is it a bumblee bees can sound or a deep V-8 sound? Do you have instructions to your install? Also, I have a courtesy nissan B pipe with my HKS muffler, can I keep that B pipe or would I have to buy another to do duals? please let me know about the parts and instructionst, thanks.
Old 03-22-2002, 01:55 AM
Licensed to Spell

Fake duals? ummm they are true duals piping running to both of them,

**** Like I said before, they're fake.

what's your muffler that looks like a chrome tip from pepboys, and unsymetrical? enlighten me on this one,

**** Well, you're right. That was two years, that was the prior owner's idea of 'performance' muffler. If you read the text and not just look at the pictures, you'd see I currently have a Dynomax SuperTurbo muffler. And, to answer you're second question, it is set back and as high up as possible, with the exhaust tip hidden. I am currently looking for a body shop I trust to fill in my half circle, thus symmetry when I am done.

and as for unused exhaust hole that will be fixed shortly,

**** Looks like we're in the same boat.

and I am sooooo sorry you have to drive an auto so you can diss me all you want to make yourself feel better

**** I loooove my automatic!! It's a luxury sedan, not a sports car. (Although I try to make it as fast a luxury sedan as I can ) I did without a car for over two months after I lost my Audi. I was sooooo picky. I could of got a stick shift but I passed. It had to be a mint, pearl white on black leather, fully loaded GLE or fully loaded automatic SE. After, 2 months worth of weekends and countless evenings of hunting, I finally found it! I wouldn't trade it for anything. So you're theory is wrong. I didn't diss you to make me feel better, I "dissed" you because that GTR emblym and exhaust is silly. You'll realize that later. Just please tell me why you would have a GTR emblym on your car. Please, because I really need to understand. Perhaps I am missing something?

oh and just saw your web site, does that wing help keep the azz end on the ground at your top speed of 120MPH

**** Of course not, and that's fine. I know that spoiler isn't for everyone. It was the best one I could find with only two legs (I don't like the 4-leg look) and no brake light. Not my ideal spoiler either. I can take any ridicule you want to give out. I think your rear looks silly and you think mine does. Fair enough.
Old 03-22-2002, 04:12 AM
Master Will

Re: Re: Re: :o)

guys (ptatohed & GTRBlkMax97) I reallly like the look of "both" or your cars........

nice duals mon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-22-2002, 05:45 AM

Fake duals? ummm they are true duals piping running to both of them, what's your muffler that looks like a chrome tip from pepboys, and unsymetrical? enlighten me on this one, and as for unused exhaust hole that will be fixed shortly, and I am sooooo sorry you have to drive an auto so you can diss me all you want to make yourself feel better

I don't think he cares about driving an auto, he has a Supercharger!
Old 03-22-2002, 06:51 AM
MaxedOut97SE

So much drama....

Old 03-22-2002, 06:56 AM
Administrator

i am not feeling the mufflers
Old 03-22-2002, 07:10 AM
MaxedOut97SE

See Jon don't you regret selling me the Stillen muffler that used to be on your car? (for a cheap-azz price of $100?!?!)

J/k, J/k don't get your panties in a waud...I really do like your duals. After you complete phase 3 it will be perfect.

Old 03-22-2002, 07:37 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

::ahem::
"true dual exhaust" - two separate pipes running from each exhaust manifold going to two cats (optional H or X pipe somewhere in the middle). two separate pipes then running to two mufflers.

you sir do not have a "true dual exhaust" it's a single exhaust that's branched out to two mufflers after the single cat/b-pipe area.

doesn't look bad...not my style..but if it works for u.
Old 03-22-2002, 08:27 AM

I really dont take like to that, but if it works for you then, have fun!

Josh's car looks pretty nice, what is his drop, it looks good with the stock rims actually. He can be a sleeper and you wont know.
Old 03-22-2002, 09:35 AM

Re: Re: Re: :o)

Fake duals? ummm they are true duals piping running to both of them,

**** Like I said before, they're fake.

what's your muffler that looks like a chrome tip from pepboys, and unsymetrical? enlighten me on this one,

**** Well, you're right. That was two years, that was the prior owner's idea of 'performance' muffler. If you read the text and not just look at the pictures, you'd see I currently have a Dynomax SuperTurbo muffler. And, to answer you're second question, it is set back and as high up as possible, with the exhaust tip hidden. I am currently looking for a body shop I trust to fill in my half circle, thus symmetry when I am done.

and as for unused exhaust hole that will be fixed shortly,

**** Looks like we're in the same boat.

and I am sooooo sorry you have to drive an auto so you can diss me all you want to make yourself feel better

**** I loooove my automatic!! It's a luxury sedan, not a sports car. (Although I try to make it as fast a luxury sedan as I can ) I did without a car for over two months after I lost my Audi. I was sooooo picky. I could of got a stick shift but I passed. It had to be a mint, pearl white on black leather, fully loaded GLE or fully loaded automatic SE. After, 2 months worth of weekends and countless evenings of hunting, I finally found it! I wouldn't trade it for anything. So you're theory is wrong. I didn't diss you to make me feel better, I "dissed" you because that GTR emblym and exhaust is silly. You'll realize that later. Just please tell me why you would have a GTR emblym on your car. Please, because I really need to understand. Perhaps I am missing something?

**** Of course not, and that's fine. I know that spoiler isn't for everyone. It was the best one I could find with only two legs (I don't like the 4-leg look) and no brake light. Not my ideal spoiler either. I can take any ridicule you want to give out. I think your rear looks silly and you think mine does. Fair enough.
Well as for the GTR, it isn't for everyone
Old 03-22-2002, 09:38 AM

Originally posted by brodaiga
congrats on the job, don't listen to the negs, they look great, but I was wondering about the sound, how would it be different from a just a stock muffler, much louder? is it a bumblee bees can sound or a deep V-8 sound? Do you have instructions to your install? Also, I have a courtesy nissan B pipe with my HKS muffler, can I keep that B pipe or would I have to buy another to do duals? please let me know about the parts and instructionst, thanks.
Deep V-8 at idle and at the track, but just driving around there are too many bees so I am going to get a resonator for it,

and Danny I know they are not true duals but they are not fake
Old 03-22-2002, 09:48 AM

About the bees in the can, why don't you try header wrap. Not sure if that would work on your application. I had bees in the can with my ypipe and I wrapped the flex section with header wrap, no more bees.
Old 03-22-2002, 09:54 AM

Originally posted by Cumalot
About the bees in the can, why don't you try header wrap. Not sure if that would work on your application. I had bees in the can with my ypipe and I wrapped the flex section with header wrap, no more bees.
Thanks I will try that too
Old 03-22-2002, 11:45 AM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

You asked for opinions.....sorry, but I don't like the mufflers either. It's a bit too ricey and the whole DTM thing has been played out for quite a while now. Plus the mufflers look huge. The shift is now towards refined and subtle looks. BUT!! If you like it, then that's all that counts.

IMO, the best looking and performing dual setup would be a TRUE dual exhaust from the manifolds all the way back. This system would use 2" piping all the way back until finishing with a tucked up subtle appearing 2.5" slash cut stainless pipes (very similiar to the Mustang and BMW setups). The system would use bullet style cats and then short Flowmaster mufflers behind the bumper. The pipes would be stacked on top of one another running down the center tunnel (possibly side by side, plenty of room) with a short 1-1.5" equalizer tube between the pipe to equalize exhaust pulse. This setup should be relatively quiet. As for gains, that would be debateable.

Dave
Old 03-22-2002, 11:56 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

and Danny I know they are not true duals but they are not fake
yes that i understood...they are not fake..both cans flow air..just that they are not "true duals"...it's all good.
Old 03-22-2002, 12:04 PM

Originally posted by DA-MAX
Since DTMs aren't my thing(not even a single DTM muffler) it doesn't look so hot to me. but if you like it than its all good! Personally I think it would have looked good with regular dual tip mufflers. IMO, DTM tips just don't go nice with our cars! Nice work though!
Same... props for the work and individuality but I don't personally like it. Everything else on the car looks very good though, and I love your wheels.
Old 03-22-2002, 12:32 PM

Originally posted by 2000MaximaSE
Wtf is up with hid pics always coming out greenish.... its almost pointless showing pics... anyone know why cameras have trouble capturing the blue in the lights??

Adam
... Damn. Are those 18x8 Mille Miglia Evo5's you got on your car??? I love those damn rims. I am getting them asap with some kumho ecsta supras at 245/40r18... Let me know if that is what I am seeing in your pic...
Old 03-22-2002, 12:44 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

well

it looks alright. its all about what floats your boat. i think the best looking dual exhaust set up is bigsadlers. his sh*t looks like it was meant to be, not added on. speaking of dual exhausts what ever happened to 5literkiller.
Old 03-26-2002, 10:51 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: well

my question to everyone saying that it isnt a true dual exhaust is:

Camaro SS boasts a dual exhaust setup, but yet it is split after cat.. i think there are 2 types of dual exhaust setups, either way is functional, it isnt like one muffler just sits there with no piping connecting it to the rest of the system.

our car's were not made to have a dual setup coming from the exhaust manifold, otherwise there would be room to run 2 inch piping somewhere under the car, and the gains probably wouldnt be all that substantial because of the way our engine is made to function...

i like DTM style mufflers and id like to see a couple of pictures of you looking down on the car so we can see how close the mufflers are to the bumpers and also some shots from the side and rear from up higher so it doesnt give the illusion of the mufflers hanging low.
Old 03-26-2002, 11:06 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

ehh, i honestly thought it was a photoshop when i saw the pic in your sig before reading this post

I like how Duals look on a max, but the mufflers you used are totally not my style.. I like simpler, cleaner, more "tucked" look.. I would use something like the Apexi WS muffler style.. nice, not too big, polished muffler.

Still pretty cool, whatever floats your boat..
Old 03-27-2002, 10:12 AM

Re: well

I'm right here brutha! Just don't post all that much anymore because of all the stupidity on the boards these days...it's pretty funny though, I'll give the .org that much! Nice sig pic, looks venomous!

five
Originally posted by nismo2020
it looks alright. its all about what floats your boat. i think the best looking dual exhaust set up is bigsadlers. his sh*t looks like it was meant to be, not added on. speaking of dual exhausts what ever happened to 5literkiller.

Quick Reply: New Pics of Dual Exhaust and 2 HID pics