General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

4th gen Maxima factory head unit

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2000, 05:22 AM

Hello all,

This is my first post to this forum, although I have trolled it for quite some time. As I drove in to work this morning my 98 GXE factory head unit (no Bose)just died. Lighting is working fine on the unit but no sound. The audio controls bass, treble, etc do not work either has this happened to anyone else? I have been thinking about replacing it anyway, does anyone have instructions on removing the stock head unit?
Old 11-22-2000, 05:43 AM

There is a post on the 4th gen forum that has the instructions. If you cannot find them, try a search on "dash". If that still does not work...e-mail me and I will e-mail you a scan of my Crutchfield instructions.
K
Old 11-22-2000, 06:10 AM

I did a search on dash in the 4th Gen room and found the necessary info, printing off the diagram now. Thanks alot kingpin
Old 11-22-2000, 06:50 AM
JimW

If you want--->

Originally posted by straight six
Hello all,

This is my first post to this forum, although I have trolled it for quite some time. As I drove in to work this morning my 98 GXE factory head unit (no Bose)just died. Lighting is working fine on the unit but no sound. The audio controls bass, treble, etc do not work either has this happened to anyone else? I have been thinking about replacing it anyway, does anyone have instructions on removing the stock head unit?
I've got a stock head unit out of a 98 SE that is sitting in my den in the box. If you want it, you can have it for $25 shipped.
It came out of Russ's SE when he had it. It was in his car for about 3 weeks, and never went in my car.

Old 11-22-2000, 09:35 AM

JimW,
Just bought a new Sony CD player, I only used the head for radio functions and used a portable to play my CDs. Guess I should have replaced the factory unit a loooong time ago. But thanks for the offer, thats a pretty good deal.
Old 11-22-2000, 10:02 AM

Try this ------------>

http://www.installdr.com/InstallDocs...PDF/647021.pdf
Sorry for the lazy link