General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

NOS, Nitrous Exp, ZEX, which out the 3 more user friendly>>>

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2000, 05:57 AM
Say Candyman 5 times

Besides user friendly, which one a better system. What are the pros and cons of each (price, performance, reliability, danger, etc.) Speak now or forever hold your $0.02, later.
Old 11-22-2000, 07:27 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I might get a nitrous kit once I get the funds to do so. I think I'll go with good old NOS. I did hear that some people really like the ZEX system. They said it was user friendly, and simple to install. How many shots are you going for? I think I'll start out with 50 shots first, but a friend told me to just get a 100 shots kit for the hell of it. He said 50 shots aren't enough, that sooner, or later I'll want more. So, why not just go ahead, and get the ultimate. Of course, I would probably have to get better fuel pump, colder spark plugs, etc. Just wish that I have the money right now to do so.
Old 11-22-2000, 07:56 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I have no experiance with anything other than NOS. Parts are great, their tech phoneline is awesome. They have been around a long time. I am learey of the newer stuff. You cant go wrong with NOS Systems
Old 11-22-2000, 08:04 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Just make sure your tranny doesn't tear apart the first time you hit the nitrous. 100 shot is a lot for the auto tranny. You'd also probably use it less because of the insane amount of power it will give you. Maybe not such a good idea for street use.

But I've been considering the ZEX system. Read some good stuff about it. Just around the web though. But I'm going to get my valve body upgrade first.

ZuM

Originally posted by Cumalot
I might get a nitrous kit once I get the funds to do so. I think I'll go with good old NOS. I did hear that some people really like the ZEX system. They said it was user friendly, and simple to install. How many shots are you going for? I think I'll start out with 50 shots first, but a friend told me to just get a 100 shots kit for the hell of it. He said 50 shots aren't enough, that sooner, or later I'll want more. So, why not just go ahead, and get the ultimate. Of course, I would probably have to get better fuel pump, colder spark plugs, etc. Just wish that I have the money right now to do so.
Old 11-22-2000, 10:23 AM

my neighbor had a zex kit in his integra ls (no Vtec), before he moved to NJ and his car got stolen and gutted...!
anyways, the zex kit I understand and have read only activates when it senses that there is WOT in the throttle position.

I'm not too familiar with NOS or the NX kit though...so my opinions can be considered partly biased.

well, we took the car out a couple times...we would feather the clutch into first, then gun it till redline, shift (and the car would chirp) into both second and third gears....AWESOME!

as for official times, we never timed the car but must say that it definitely felt a LOT faster than without the NOS!

think now my neighbor is working at Shearing Plow (the pharmachutical company!) and is driving a saab 9-5 / 9-3 (the vigen?)

again...my $0.02...so!!!