General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Another one bites the dust....CL-S kill...

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2002, 01:28 AM

So I was crusing around in the Max (NOS bottle was empty ) tonight with my buddy who has a supercharged Max (Furbiss112) and this black CL-S starts tailing me when I'm lining up next to some passat 1.8T (that I SMOKED)....

anyway...he follows me for a bit...and finally we get a run from a light.....I pull out on him in first about a car and a half....and put another car on in second...by the top of third he's about 2.5-3 cars back, and I shut it down. He rolls up next to me and ask to run from a roll at 20....so we do....and the same thing happens. I then pull next to him at a LONG light and we had a nice conversation, he complimented me on my car and I did the same to him...

he also mentioned that he was stock "for now", and gate shifting at 7100 RPMs.....

I'm glad some people can have a civil race and not get all ****ed off and start a road rage in the end like most of the teenage 5.0 drivers I run into.

Props to CL guys!
Old 03-31-2002, 01:38 AM

Re: Another one bites the dust....CL-S kill...

Thats good to hear Brian....I wish i had met you guys in Barrington, I just didnt want to drive all the way up there at the time. Next nice weekend that were not doing anything well head up there or go to Chinatown.
Old 03-31-2002, 01:39 AM

Re: Re: Another one bites the dust....CL-S kill...

Originally posted by CHI99Limited
Thats good to hear Brian....I wish i had met you guys in Barrington, I just didnt want to drive all the way up there at the time. Next nice weekend that were not doing anything well head up there or go to Chinatown.
sounds good dude
Old 03-31-2002, 02:41 AM

I was wondering where you dissapeared from CL boards...nice race for sho...thats how it is supposed to be.
Old 03-31-2002, 07:41 AM

Originally posted by retrodrive
I was wondering where you dissapeared from CL boards...nice race for sho...thats how it is supposed to be.
I didn't dissappear...I just don't post that often
Old 03-31-2002, 07:45 AM

I had the same situation with a boosted 1.8T Golf GTI. After we ran through 1st, 2nd, & 3rd, (yes I got beat) we were at a light and I complimented him and he complimented me. He was even more suprised that I had a 5 spd. BTW, his BOV sounded so good! Wooooooooosh
Old 03-31-2002, 08:08 AM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

Nice Kill!!!

Yeah, props to the CL-S driver for being cool too
Old 03-31-2002, 08:32 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by BriGuyMax
So I was crusing around in the Max (NOS bottle was empty ) tonight with my buddy who has a supercharged Max (Furbiss112) and this black CL-S starts tailing me when I'm lining up next to some passat 1.8T (that I SMOKED)....

anyway...he follows me for a bit...and finally we get a run from a light.....I pull out on him in first about a car and a half....and put another car on in second...by the top of third he's about 2.5-3 cars back, and I shut it down. He rolls up next to me and ask to run from a roll at 20....so we do....and the same thing happens. I then pull next to him at a LONG light and we had a nice conversation, he complimented me on my car and I did the same to him...

he also mentioned that he was stock "for now", and gate shifting at 7100 RPMs.....

I'm glad some people can have a civil race and not get all ****ed off and start a road rage in the end like most of the teenage 5.0 drivers I run into.

Props to CL guys!
Russ will beat you.
Old 03-31-2002, 08:39 AM

Originally posted by deezo
Russ will beat you.

Speaking of Acura owners...

INCOMING!!!

Old 03-31-2002, 08:39 AM

Hehehe!
Old 03-31-2002, 08:44 AM

Copied from another current TL-S/CL-S thread over in the 5th Gen Forum

Originally posted by SteVTEC
When the Acura guys discover this thread, here is what will happen.
[list=1][*]They will flame-bomb the thread.[*]I will back you up and break out the fact that the power-to-weight ratios between these two cars are almost identical and that you have mods.[*]They will flame more and say that physics don't matter.[*]I will prove them wrong.[*]More flames, they won't respond to the physics anymore.[*]The Acura guys will now say "but we got NAV" and go home [/list=1]
Old 03-31-2002, 08:47 AM

Nice run Brian!

Most of the Acura drivers out there are pretty cool... It's really too bad that a few (usually very vocal) CL-S/TL-S drivers give the whole Acura crowd a bad name. Case in point, I used to drive an Acura before I got my 6-speed Both of them are excellent cars that you really can't go wrong with!

It'll be really interesting when the new Accord comes out this fall because you know that a new CL/TL is usually only a year off... I can see the flames now: 6th gen smokes the new CL-S or vice versa
Old 03-31-2002, 09:04 AM

Copied from another current TL-S/CL-S thread over in the 5th Gen Forum

Then they'll bring up class and luxury like that's supposed to matter to anything. Don't race your luxury cars against 4dsc's and make up excuses later when you lose.
Old 03-31-2002, 09:29 AM

Originally posted by retrodrive
nice race for sho
Yup.
Old 03-31-2002, 09:57 AM

Russ will beat you.
yea....I'm no match for Russ....he stomps on Vipers and Sport Bikes regularly....
Old 03-31-2002, 10:43 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Russ will beat you.
with no wheels on the car!
Old 03-31-2002, 12:25 PM

Re: Re: Re: Another one bites the dust....CL-S kill...

yea....I'm no match for Russ....he stomps on Vipers and Sport Bikes regularly....
Old 03-31-2002, 12:26 PM

Originally posted by DA-MAX

with no wheels on the car!
No wheels means the car is lighter.
Old 03-31-2002, 12:31 PM

Nice Run Brian. I need to get my car fixed so we can go hunting for ricers. I bet the driver of the CL-S was admiring your 4X4 suspension setup.
Old 03-31-2002, 01:21 PM
MaxedOut97SE

Speaking of sport bikes, I heard somewhere that while off the line bikes are lightening quick, but once motorcycles get up to really high speeds they aren't as fast as a "powerful sports car" because of the drag and aerodynamics? It was from a pretty reputable source, anyone ever hear of this?

Old 03-31-2002, 01:26 PM

No, atleast I don't think so. I just watched SpeedVision and they had a professional bike racer driving the new Z06 and his Suzuki sportsbike at the same road track course, and the bike was way faster.
You cannot beat that power to weight ratio.
Old 03-31-2002, 01:26 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Re: Re: Re: Re: Another one bites the dust....CL-S kill...

not too sure about that...considering I saw some stock Hayabusas running low 9's @ mid/high 140's at the track Friday night...even some of the 500+ hp big blocks there couldn't beat that if they tried !!!!

Originally posted by MaxedOut97SE
but once motorcycles get up to really high speeds they aren't as fast as a "powerful sports car" because of the drag and aerodynamics? It was from a pretty reputable source, anyone ever hear of this?
Old 03-31-2002, 01:28 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Another one bites the dust....CL-S kill...

not too sure about that...considering I saw some stock Hayabusas running low 9's @ mid/high 140's at the track Friday night...even some of the 500+ hp big blocks there couldn't beat that if they tried !!!!

Check this out:
http://www.racingfreaks.net/

Lingenfelter TT C5 vs Hayabusa
Old 03-31-2002, 01:29 PM

Originally posted by MaxedOut97SE
Speaking of sport bikes, I heard somewhere that while off the line bikes are lightening quick, but once motorcycles get up to really high speeds they aren't as fast as a "powerful sports car" because of the drag and aerodynamics? It was from a pretty reputable source, anyone ever hear of this?
I have some videos of various sport bikes running solo and against highly boosted Supra TT's that say otherwise

It's true, though. Their drag coefficients are more like 0.48-0.50 compared to 0.32 for a Maxima. But their frontal area is still so small and the power-to-weight ratio so insane that it almost doesn't really matter
Old 03-31-2002, 01:41 PM
MaxedOut97SE

Yeah, I was wondering about that, it seemed a little off....and oh as a matter of fact that was said in the beginning of a review of a 2k2 6 speed....That article also went on to say that if only Nissan would make the Max RWD and add a lil more HP then it would be a world class sports car, along with the 540i 6 spd and M5.....HOLLA!!!

Old 03-31-2002, 02:13 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Another one bites the dust....CL-S kill...

yup, but what about from a dead stop?? either way, those guys are crazy!!! and how much HP is that TT C5 putting down anyways???

Originally posted by MAX2000JP

Check this out:
http://www.racingfreaks.net/

Lingenfelter TT C5 vs Hayabusa
Old 03-31-2002, 02:27 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Another one bites the dust....CL-S kill...

yup, but what about from a dead stop?? either way, those guys are crazy!!! and how much HP is that TT C5 putting down anyways???

Stage I is 550 hp
Stage II is 650 hp

I am not sure which one that particular car is running, but I assume its Stage II to be able to pull on a Hayabusa.
Old 03-31-2002, 02:31 PM
RussMaxManiac

Nice, he forgot to turn off his VSA. lol!!! I have done this a few times, and forget to turn it off, the whole car cuts back the power so much that it bogs. I promise you will not leave a CL-S off the line near that fast if he knew what to do in a race if he was even racing. That is alot of car lengths.

Props to CL guys!

Old 03-31-2002, 02:35 PM

Originally posted by RussMaxManiac
Nice, he forgot to turn off his VSA. lol!!! I have done this a few times, and forget to turn it off, the whole car cuts back the power so much that it bogs. I promise you will not leave a CL-S off the line near that fast if he knew what to do in a race if he was even racing. That is alot of car lengths.

Brian said that he talked to the driver after the race....VSA was off with Gate Shifting during the race. VSA doesnt matter from a 20 mph roll anyways. The guy raced a number of times. Nice try, but the CL-S is slower than a modded maxima 5 speed.
Old 03-31-2002, 02:37 PM
RussMaxManiac

Originally posted by MAX2000JP

Brian said that he talked to the driver after the race....VSA was off with Gate Shifting during the race. VSA doesnt matter from a 20 mph roll anyways. The guy raced a number of times. Nice try, but the CL-S is slower than a modded maxima 5 speed.
I have raced already 3 modded 5spd Maximas. On a roll, and left them by a few car lengths. Don't even try to tell me a Maxima especially a 4th gen modded will beat a CL-S on a roll.

Woopee do anyways, I won't get into this anymore, since you guys like posting bs stories anyways. It seems to happen alot when there are talks about a certain car, then all these bs kills come up.

Whatever, have fun. At least my car in 2 yrs will be worth twice as much as a Maxima will be.

1 yr depreciationg a Maxima takes over a 10k hit, CL-S takes a 3k hit.

Old 03-31-2002, 02:40 PM

God damn...

Racing proceedures for a CL-S
[list=1][*]Turn off TCS[*]Turn off VSA[*]Put shifter in SS mode.[*]Launch. 1-2 shift is auto.[*]Manually shift to 3rd.[*]Move shifter to D3 to avoid early cutout in SS-3rd.[/list=1]Maxima 5spd proceedures
[list=1][*]Drop the clutch and GO!!![/list=1]Acura's have too damned much idiot proofing.

I have raced already 3 modded 5spd Maximas. On a roll, and left them by a few car lengths. Don't even try to tell me a Maxima especially a 4th gen modded will beat a CL-S on a roll.

There is numerous witnesses. The CL-S driver was racing and had decent skills. He knew about gate shifting, MODs, and turing VSA off. What else is there to argue about???

You are one of the Biggest BSer's I have ever seen. This thread is gonna get locked CAUSE you opened your mouth in it

yeh, well i think its incorrect to overgeneralize those nice racers to all the cls. how do u know all cl drivers are like that?
Old 03-31-2002, 02:42 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

God damn...

Racing proceedures for a CL-S
[list=1][*]Turn off TCS[*]Turn off VSA[*]Put shifter in SS mode.[*]Launch. 1-2 shift is auto.[*]Manually shift to 3rd.[*]Move shifter to D3 to avoid early cutout in SS-3rd.[/list=1]

Maxima 5spd proceedures
[list=1][*]Drop the clutch and GO!!![/list=1]

Acura's have too damned much idiot proofing.
Old 03-31-2002, 02:43 PM

Whatever, have fun. At least my car in 2 yrs will be worth twice as much as a Maxima will be.

Real mature man....If you wanna get arrogant, I have a 2002 A8 L and 2001 330i sitting in my garage. Have Fun!!!
Old 03-31-2002, 02:59 PM

Russ, come on man, what the hell is this shia

Is this really necessary? Who gives a crap if a Maxima owner beats a CL-S? Who cares about VSA, TCS, SS, or any of that other garbage? How in the grand scheme of the world or your life does all of this actually matter??

Jesus Russ, a year ago you have your 01 Maxima 5spd and boast about killing the CL-S and how it sucks and you go and discredit every Acura owner that boasted about killing a Maxima. Now you have an 02 Acura CL-S and come here and try to discredit every Maxima owner that boasts about killing an Acura.

What a hypocrite you are.

Listen man, and I'm saying this as a friend.

Just enjoy your car!

I don't understand why you get so upset about all this crap. I'm just sitting here reading posts and replying and having a good ol' time and getting a good laugh...along with every other Maxima owner here. And then you come and flame. Sheesh...why so up tight? I think you need a woman. Bad.

They're just damned CARS.

Russ, I know you're a good guy and everything, but you're just one of those people that get waaaaaaaaayyyyy too emotionally attached to your car to the point where any defeat is taken as a direct personal insult - and then you get all upset...just for a car.

I respect all of your work and all that you've done for the Maxima community. But now that you own an Acura, if you come here and treat us like shia and act like an arrogant stuck-up Acura owner like that idiot "ColgateU" or "MB-Telecom", just don't expect not to get flamed, okay?
Old 03-31-2002, 03:02 PM

Jesus Russ, a year ago you have your 01 Maxima 5spd and boast about killing the CL-S and how it sucks and you go and discredit every Acura owner that boasted about killing a Maxima. Now you have an 02 Acura CL-S and come here and try to discredit every Maxima owner that boasts about killing an Acura.

lol...yeah, ironic isn't it?
Old 03-31-2002, 03:02 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

thats what confuses me... :confued: its kinda funny when you think about it though, a total 360!!
Old 03-31-2002, 03:12 PM

thats what confuses me... :confued: its kinda funny when you think about it though, a total 360!!
I think you mean 180

360 would mean he's come "full circle" and is back in a Maxima again!
Old 03-31-2002, 03:16 PM

I wonder how someone could be a "grown man" and still think like my 4 year old.

Damn shame!

Quick Reply: Another one bites the dust....CL-S kill...