General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Should CustomMaxima.com carry Optima Batteries?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2002, 02:24 PM
Custommaxima.com

Should CustomMaxima.com carry Optima Batteries?

I have an opportunity to carry optima batteries for you all. Of course it would be the red top which is the best battery for the Maxima. I want to know what is a competitive price. Please respond to this thread with what price you would pay.

Old 04-03-2002, 02:27 PM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

Re: Should CustomMaxima.com carry Optima Batteries?

I seen the redtop go for $100 - $130. I think people on here like the yellow top more.

Originally posted by Custommaxima.com
I have an opportunity to carry optima batteries for you all. Of course it would be the red top which is the best battery for the Maxima. I want to know what is a competitive price. Please respond to this thread with what price you would pay.
Old 04-03-2002, 02:35 PM
Custommaxima.com

I heard the red top had the most output.

Old 04-03-2002, 02:36 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Custommaxima.com
I heard the red top had the most output.
For everyday use .. red top
For those with stereo systems .. yellow top

B/W 100-130
Old 04-03-2002, 02:45 PM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

What about the Orange Top like Tony (1MAX2NV) has? That has the poles on the correct sides for the 4th and 5th gens.....
Old 04-03-2002, 02:59 PM

Greg if you want our respect and future buyers from our group, you have to do your bussiness more straight way. What I have heard on this board does not make me to want to buy stuff from you. For example if you know that sarona body kit is crappy and breaks/fitment issues then why you still sell it? Also other issue if you know that you do not have clear corner lenses, still you take money from people and hold it for 4-5-6 months till you get them, isn't it bad business practice? One more thing, a lot of members report that you sent them regular clears, not diamonds ones for which they paid , and you even did not attempt to clarify this issue, other stores either reimburse or refund money in the full, did you do that? As far I know that you did not do it. So that is why I will never buy from you.

As for me, what I see on your website and your prices, does not make any difference to me, since some other places carry same stuff and sell almost same prices, sometimes lower.
Old 04-03-2002, 04:41 PM

I think the Greg does a LOT of good for the community. I think he has been ratted on enough about that whole clear corner issue. He doesnt make much money on what he sells, he does it mostly for all of us. Most things he ships out the next day and they get here in like 3 days. I try to buy everything from him. Have YOU ever actually purchased from him? Ive bought hundreds of dollars worth of products form him and always will.
Old 04-03-2002, 04:55 PM

Originally posted by cooler2000
One more thing, a lot of members report that you sent them regular clears, not diamonds ones for which they paid , and you even did not attempt to clarify this issue, other stores either reimburse or refund money in the full, did you do that? As far I know that you did not do it. So that is why I will never buy from you.
I got a full refund for my regular clears only a couple ays after I sent them back.
Old 04-03-2002, 04:55 PM

Originally posted by Nick Robinson
I think the Greg does a LOT of good for the community. I think he has been ratted on enough about that whole clear corner issue. He doesnt make much money on what he sells, he does it mostly for all of us. Most things he ships out the next day and they get here in like 3 days. I try to buy everything from him. Have YOU ever actually purchased from him? Ive bought hundreds of dollars worth of products form him and always will.
The fact that Jef aka Shadow admited bad quality of sarona body kit, and others did same thing and Greg did not stop selling them??? He still sells them and I am sure he gets a nice $$ from all of this, please do not tell me that he does it for a pure enjoyment and friendship to us??? thats a crap.

Just a fact that any business selling any product which is inferior in quality and they know it, makes me to not want to buy any other stuff from them. i boycot them
Old 04-03-2002, 04:58 PM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

Orange top is the correct battery for the maxima since it does have reverse post. Good thing the optima is much shorter than the OEM battery so the cables would reach.

Originally posted by bill99gxe
What about the Orange Top like Tony (1MAX2NV) has? That has the poles on the correct sides for the 4th and 5th gens.....
Old 04-03-2002, 04:59 PM

The fact that Jef aka Shadow admited bad quality of sarona body kit, and others did same thing and Greg did not stop selling them??? He still sells them and I am sure he gets a nice $$ from all of this, please do not tell me that he does it for a pure enjoyment and friendship to us??? thats a crap.

Just a fact that any business selling any product which is inferior in quality and they know it, makes me to not want to buy any other stuff from them. i boycot them

People still buy that kit who are on the org even after they hear about the poor quality. its their choise not Gregs. I am not saying he does this because he gets his rocks off doing so. But he does have the best prices for maxima products, straight up. Has he ever done YOU wrong? I find it silly that you boycot custommaxima, and i think are one of the only ones doing so.
Old 04-03-2002, 05:02 PM

Old 04-03-2002, 05:07 PM

Hold on a second...

Greg is one of the first people to have sold the Sarona kit, and is one of the only today. If you do not like the product, you don't have to buy it. He is but giving us a broader choice of bodykits. Not hurting us. Anyone who is putting down that kind of money should do a search first and check on the kit anyways. Also, did it ever occur to you that he could have signed a contract with Sarona in which he has to sell them for so long?
And about the diamond-cut bumper lense incident. You need to do your research. He publicly apologized and offered I think everyone a refund. That too he is offering a BLOWOUT deal for them on his website because of that. $45 or so shipped I believe.
I don't think he makes his main income off of this. As others said, he doesn't make that much profit. He does it for us. So that WE can have things that are very hard to find. You try to find some of the interior/exterior/handling/performance modification he has for sale cheaper - or let alone find some of them are so rare!. His service to us is greatly appreciated by nearly all .Orgers, and I hope you will appreciate him as well. And make sure you do a search on his feedback, for every 1 negative post there are 100 positive ones. Nobody is perfect but he does a damn-near job. I have ordered lots of things from him in the past and I have some things on order right now. It's a pleasure.
-Cyrus
Old 04-03-2002, 05:19 PM

I have had a Max for less than 3 months and have bought 3 different items from Custommaxima totalling nearly $1k. Greg ships extremely fast when he has it in stock and is very quick responding to emails (something a lot of Maxima vendors do not do if they reply at all). He has gone out of his way to give me other breaks which has saved me a lot of money just because I asked him about it.
He will certainly continue to get my business in the future.
Old 04-03-2002, 06:02 PM

It would be really nice, and cheaper for us to buy them from you, but what about shipping costs? I'm sure that would probably be pretty expensive.
Old 04-03-2002, 06:30 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Greg went out of his way to get my KYB AGXs shipped from his distributor. Like I said before if he sells it I'm buying from him, period. Thanks again Greg I got the tracking number from your people.
Old 04-03-2002, 06:35 PM

Hey cooler2000, No need to be such a jack a**. Greg has good products and prices. I think he sells the bodykit cuz it is a nice looking kit. If you have a problem with the fittment of the product, take your complaints to sarona designs, they made it.

Greg, Keep up the good work, I would be interested in an optima battery($100-$130 sounds good if thats possible)
Old 04-03-2002, 06:35 PM

Re: Should CustomMaxima.com carry Optima Batteries?

Go for it bro I might need one soon I had my nissan one for almost 5 years.
Old 04-03-2002, 06:46 PM

Three is a group buy already ... you'll have to beat these prices ...

$150 shipped for yellow top
$110 shipped for red top

http://www.groupbuycenter.com/buy.asp?row_id=5134
Old 04-03-2002, 07:52 PM

Do you people even know the story behind the clear corners and how greg got screwed out of so much money because of manufacturer not paying attention to which clears were actually shipped???

the things is about the sarona kit, it isn't greg's fault it has fitament issues, sarona takes responsibility, and a few of the sarona kits have fit almost perfectly, it was the first few and a few here and there that dont fit, but all of this is to be expected with body kits, DEAL WITH IT.

greg, sell batteries, that should do well.. i have a redtop and may need a second battery soon.
Old 04-03-2002, 09:40 PM

Originally posted by thebigsadler
[SIZE=3]but all of this is to be expected with body kits, DEAL WITH IT.
Even the OEM AE kit that I have has fitment issues, and those are suppossed to be made to perfection since they are genuine acessories.

As far as selling Optimas goes...I know it wouldn't be profitable since they're expensive, and shipping would kill me but I'm in the market for a blue top. PLEASE no flames about this...I know it's the top tier for the Optimas but part of it has to do with leaving the car sitting for long periods of time with the alarm on since I'm not home to drive the car most of the time (i'm in school) and partly cosmetic. Just a thought.
Old 04-03-2002, 10:22 PM

Cooler2000, always remember Greg is running a business. He sells the Sarona kit, he doesn't make them. Yes, I hate Sarona with a passion, but Greg is a good friend of mine. He did try to make it right with my kit, but Sarona wouldn't budge on the issue. Until you know the details about the whole situation with them, don't pin the blame on Greg for anything. People know what they are getting into with the Sarona. It's not up to him to tell them everything bad about the kit. It's his job to sell it at a good price, and ship it quickly. It's Sarona's job to make a quality product. Put it this way, we all know that Ford's reliability isn't great (hence the many recalls) but Ford dealerships still sell hundreds of thousands of cars. Do you blame the dealerships? Or do you blame Ford for making a junk car.

As for the clears, that was another f@cked up situation with the supplier. And Greg did offer full refunds or exchanges. It cost him a lot of money. So please do not speak on things of which you have almost no knowledge of. Also, there isn't that much profit on the Sarona kits. They rip him off. I know how much they cost to produce, and I know what he gets it for. You guys are getting a much better deal from him than he does from Sarona.
Old 04-03-2002, 11:01 PM
Finally, A New Status Title...How About Donating Maxima.org Member...Oh wait...NO!!!

i've bought a few things from greg i'll stand up and say he's great to work with, never any run around with me. i've never had a problem with him. keep it up bro.
Old 04-04-2002, 04:39 AM

Maybe this is appropriate for this thread

We have gone from a Gun war to a pic war.
Old 04-04-2002, 08:08 AM

I've ordered quiet a few things from greg. and have always been satisified. He's always willing to work w/ you, if there is a problem, he ships fast, and has great prices, and brings together alot of stuff we would have trouble finding if it wasnt for him.
Old 04-04-2002, 09:35 AM

i am about to order a bunch of stuff from greg, ive e-mailed him once and he e-mailed me back the next day; also i called and left a message and got a return phone call within the hour, i think he is a great guy and i plan to order all my stuff from him..ive bought a lot of stuff on the internet for my previous car (4runner) and ive never had this good of a customer response from any dealer
as far as batteries go, i would buy one for sure, i dont know much about the different models, but a good price and ill get one
Old 04-04-2002, 10:35 AM

Originally posted by bill99gxe
On their website it says that that orange top is for European(?) cars...yet when I plug in my make, model, & year Max, it tells me that the orange top is the battery for me. Huh?

http://www.absbattery.com/optimaorangetopnewproduct.htm
Old 04-04-2002, 12:36 PM

What are the differences in the tops and what is the point of upgrading your batter to say a red top for instance. I have the stock radio and no additional electronics right now. Is it for people that do or does it do anything for us in general?

SuDZ
Old 04-04-2002, 12:46 PM

Originally posted by SuDZ
What are the differences in the tops and what is the point of upgrading your batter to say a red top for instance. I have the stock radio and no additional electronics right now. Is it for people that do or does it do anything for us in general?

SuDZ
http://www.optimabatteries.com/usingOptima/index.asp

The Optima site should answer all of your questions.
Old 04-04-2002, 01:05 PM

Originally posted by Maximum Velocity

http://www.optimabatteries.com/usingOptima/index.asp

The Optima site should answer all of your questions.
Thanks

SuDZ
Old 04-04-2002, 01:26 PM
Custommaxima.com

Well it is obvious that cooler2000 has heard bits and pieces of certain situations and is not fully aware of the whole story. Before you criticize try to get all the facts. If you read the posts about the clears you would see that I went out of my way to help everyone that got the wrong clear corners, and in the end I lost over $1000. I may have lots money but gained customers faith.

As far as the sarona design fitment issue, it has been corrected. I basically called the owner of Sarona Design and told him to fix the design or I will not purchase any more body kits from them. He responded by taking two solid weeks and changed the parts so they fit perfectly now. It has been a couple weeks and no one has complained about any fitment problems.

Cooler2000 as you can see many people on this board back me up and know that I am a honest person. You have never bought from me before and therefore should not be flaming me or my business practice. I work very hard and do not make as much profit as everyone thinks I do.

Thanks everyone for your input on the optima batteries. www.summitracing.com seems to have the lowest price of $129, so if I can beat their price then I will have them.
Thanks,
Greg
www.CustomMaxima.com

Old 04-04-2002, 01:34 PM
Very sound, Mike

I never bought a thing from Greg but i've dealt with him personally when he asked for idea's on a new logo for CustomMaxima.com

Even though my design wasn't chosen and we've been going back and forth via e-mail on changes here and there - he was very courteous about it and never, even once, sounded like he was trying to take advantage of my offer or make me feel like i was being imposed on.
Old 04-05-2002, 12:37 AM

greg is a kewl guy, trusted fellow. I just want those projectors!!! yea baby1!