General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Renault-Nissan alliance

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2002, 01:35 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Renault-Nissan alliance

This site lists what it says were the 10 worst cars of the last century. Of which, two were built by Renault. I know Renault has built cars like the French fight in wars, but I'm hoping their influence in build quailty for Nissan is minimal...

http://cartalk.cars.com/About/Worst-Cars/results1.html

On a side note... the Yugo was rated #1 and the Chevy Vega #2
Old 04-08-2002, 01:39 AM

Suprised peugeot did not make spots #1, #2 & #3..............
Old 04-08-2002, 02:27 AM

HAHA good read:
"At least it had heated rear windows--so your hands would stay warm while you pushed."

"I took this car to a high-crime shopping mall and left it unlocked with the keys in the ignition. I came back several days later and, much to my disgust, it was still there."
Old 04-08-2002, 05:19 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

LOL...the comments are the best. Pretty funny!!!
Old 04-08-2002, 07:05 AM

OMG that is funny i almost ****ed my self
Old 04-08-2002, 08:45 AM

Originally posted by Finality
Suprised peugeot did not make spots #1, #2 & #3..............
The only think I will say about Peugeot is that they're killing everyone in the World Rally Championship.

They currently have 52 Points this year.
The next manufacturer (Ford) has 25.
In 2001, they won the manufacturer's championship with 106 points, second place (Ford) had 86 points.
In 2000 (the first full year it competed in the WRC since their departure 12 years earlier) it won first place, 20 points ahead of second place.

It's never won Cyprus though (really rough) which is the upcoming race.

I know this doesn't represent the avg production car on the road, but it shows they have some abilities nonetheless
Old 04-08-2002, 09:02 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

aite lol hahaha, we had our fun now, can we stop making fun of french car manufacturers.
Old 04-08-2002, 10:13 AM

Re: Renault-Nissan alliance

Originally posted by NoHalo
This site lists what it says were the 10 worst cars of the last century. Of which, two were built by Renault. I know Renault has built cars like the French fight in wars, but I'm hoping their influence in build quailty for Nissan is minimal...

http://cartalk.cars.com/About/Worst-Cars/results1.html

On a side note... the Yugo was rated #1 and the Chevy Vega #2
I have owned 2 renaults and all I can say is they handle great
Old 04-08-2002, 10:47 AM

Originally posted by Axel

The only think I will say about Peugeot is that they're killing everyone in the World Rally Championship.

They currently have 52 Points this year.
The next manufacturer (Ford) has 25.
In 2001, they won the manufacturer's championship with 106 points, second place (Ford) had 86 points.
In 2000 (the first full year it competed in the WRC since their departure 12 years earlier) it won first place, 20 points ahead of second place.

It's never won Cyprus though (really rough) which is the upcoming race.

I know this doesn't represent the avg production car on the road, but it shows they have some abilities nonetheless
So you watch the WRC as well? I know the 206 is kicking everybodys butt. Though it still doesn't excuse all there previous cars. Besides Fords in 2nd doesn't prove anything for quality
Old 04-08-2002, 11:16 AM

Originally posted by MaximaRider
aite lol hahaha, we had our fun now, can we stop making fun of french car manufacturers.
Can we start on the French in general? That can go on for hours...
Old 04-08-2002, 11:59 AM

Originally posted by Finality

So you watch the WRC as well? I know the 206 is kicking everybodys butt. Though it still doesn't excuse all there previous cars. Besides Fords in 2nd doesn't prove anything for quality
True

I do however, prefer having Renault buy Nissan then Ford, GM or Chrysler. If I could choose anyone though, Renault wouldn't be my first pick. Although Nissan did get Ghosn from Renault. It's the best thing Renault could have given Nissan. He really turned Nissan around.

Axel
Old 04-08-2002, 04:53 PM

Originally posted by NoHalo
I know Renault has built cars like the French fight in wars, but I'm hoping their influence in build quailty for Nissan is minimal...
Throughout their history, the Germans have displayed a military acumen that is second to none. If we shared a common border with Germany like the French do, there's a pretty good chance we'd be having this discussion in German right now.
Old 04-08-2002, 05:17 PM

"Our Le Car couldn't climb a hill fully loaded, so the passengers had to get out and walk up."

Old 04-08-2002, 07:28 PM

Throughout their history, the Germans have displayed a military acumen that is second to none. If we shared a common border with Germany like the French do, there's a pretty good chance we'd be having this discussion in German right now
Uhhhh... we don't share a border with them, but we kinda beat them - twice - after they overran the pathetic French "army"...
Old 04-08-2002, 10:13 PM

HEYYY stop bashing renault, they are building engines for Formula 1, not some weak street shiet 0-60. The great Ayrton Senna (if I spelled right) was on Renault team, if I'm correct.

BTW they're plenty more cars MUCH MUCH worse than Renault. I'd have to start with Russian automakers, VAZ "Lada", GAZ "Volga", ZAZ "Zaporozhets",and bunch of other cars you have never heard of. Then, Polish Fiat Polonez..Fiat 126...Romanian "Dacia" ugly POS..ew..you aint seen nothing yet...we're lucky by driving the best of the best out there.
Old 04-09-2002, 12:01 AM

Highlander being that i am 100% Pure French i take offense to that comment about the pathetic french "army", do your history, France has been around for a WHILE, look up a few things on Louis XIV then you'll see how "weak" France is.
Old 04-09-2002, 02:19 AM

Originally posted by Y2KMaxGXE-R
HEYYY stop bashing renault, they are building engines for Formula 1, not some weak street shiet 0-60. The great Ayrton Senna (if I spelled right) was on Renault team, if I'm correct.

BTW they're plenty more cars MUCH MUCH worse than Renault. I'd have to start with Russian automakers, VAZ "Lada", GAZ "Volga", ZAZ "Zaporozhets",and bunch of other cars you have never heard of. Then, Polish Fiat Polonez..Fiat 126...Romanian "Dacia" ugly POS..ew..you aint seen nothing yet...we're lucky by driving the best of the best out there.

Senna is KING!!!!!!!!!!!
Juan Pablo Montoya is the next Senna.
Michael Schumacher (though he is good and a dirty driver) can kiss Montoya's A**!!

Been a Montoya fan ever since his first race with Chip Ganassi Racing (which is also owned partly by Joe Montana, also a fan of Alex Zanardi).
Old 04-09-2002, 02:33 AM

Originally posted by Y2KMaxGXE-R

Hhaha...that brings back memories. My dad used to have " Zhiguli"
Old 04-09-2002, 04:22 AM

Originally posted by Highlander

Uhhhh... we don't share a border with them, but we kinda beat them - twice - after they overran the pathetic French "army"...
Uhhhhh... gee, I didn't know that.

Ever hear of Charlemagne, or Napolean, or the French Resistance Fighters? Do you have any clue about how the Revolutionary War was won? Why don't you do yourself a favor and study some history beyond the 6th grade.
Old 04-09-2002, 09:16 AM

Maybe we can blame Renault for the odd styling cues of the Maximas ...