General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Window Tint

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2002, 07:02 PM

Window Tint

Ok...how gay is this, i live with my mom, but last month my dad gave me his infiniti I30. I didnt think there would be a problem with getting my windows tinted, so i got them tinted without my dad knowing. Now he is really ****ed and making me take the tint off. You can take it off, cant you? I sure hope so
Old 04-08-2002, 07:36 PM

Re: Window Tint

Originally posted by BBaker025
Ok...how gay is this, i live with my mom, but last month my dad gave me his infiniti I30. I didnt think there would be a problem with getting my windows tinted, so i got them tinted without my dad knowing. Now he is really ****ed and making me take the tint off. You can take it off, cant you? I sure hope so
yeah, you can get it taken off, just take it to any tint shop and they should be able to strip it off...why doesn't he like the tint?
Old 04-08-2002, 07:42 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I don't understand why he would be mad, but if you must remove the tint I suggest taking it to a shop. Removing tint can get very messy and is definitely best done by professionals. If you can persuade your dad at all I would try that route though. Tint is usually a good feature on a car and even adds some value to the vehicle while serving cooling purposes as well. Even people who don't mod cars see tint as utilitarian.
-hype
Old 04-08-2002, 07:42 PM

I dont know, he seems to think that only Pimps have tinted windows...LOL He gave me the car, and i want to keep it so i guess ill take it off, what a waste of $150. Damn that is real GAY.
Old 04-08-2002, 08:10 PM

...just plead with him...and explain how the tint keeps the car cooler by reducing the amount of sunlight that comes in, and also protects YOU from high amounts of UV radiation...but one question, how dark is your tint?...if it's really dark, i might be able to understand why he would be mad...but i don't know, just try to work your case with him, and if he doesn't budge, i guess you don't really have a choice then, but just try
Old 04-08-2002, 08:15 PM

Its 20% tint which i dont think is too bad. There is no bargining with him. Its either take off the tint or take away the car. He doesnt want me to do much to the car. I hope he doesnt look under the hoof. Window tint is probably the only thing he would see, he hasnt noticed my greddu exhaust. Im probably going to get some side skirts and maybe a rear body kit. Do you know if the sarona sides and rear can fit on a 97 I30. I dont see why it wont. Where can i get some?
Old 04-08-2002, 08:29 PM

Its 20% tint which i dont think is too bad. There is no bargining with him. Its either take off the tint or take away the car. He doesnt want me to do much to the car. I hope he doesnt look under the hoof. Window tint is probably the only thing he would see, he hasnt noticed my greddu exhaust. Im probably going to get some side skirts and maybe a rear body kit. Do you know if the sarona sides and rear can fit on a 97 I30. I dont see why it wont. Where can i get some?
Old 04-08-2002, 09:16 PM

i don't think you will have a problem with the rear and the sides...it's the front lip that won't fit on the I30...you have to mold two lips together...but i think a lot of members here have quality issues with sarona, especially fitting issues, so you might want to wait, because there are quite a few body kits in development by our own members, like shadow
Old 04-08-2002, 09:18 PM

and i guess you better hope he is not able to hear the difference either
Old 04-08-2002, 09:32 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

If he's making you take off tint I wouldn't even touch a body kit or other performance mods :P My parents weren't keen on my mods, but after a certain point they get used to it
-hype
Old 04-08-2002, 11:04 PM

hmm...i would suspect that ur dad should be easily able to hear that greddy exhaust on ur car?
Old 04-09-2002, 04:18 AM

Since it is sorta still "ur dads car" u should talk to him about things u want to do to "his" car...
Old 04-09-2002, 08:11 AM

Re: Window Tint

Didn't you say that he GAVE you the car? ****ed over something small like tint? Are you sure that it's then wise to put on a body kit then??