General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

ATTN: Warpseepd and Budget Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2002, 11:48 PM

ATTN: Warpseepd and Budget Exhaust

Hey Warpspeed and Budget Exhaust...How are those catbacks coming along?

RL
Old 04-13-2002, 01:53 AM
RBa

Re: ATTN: Warpseepd and Budget Exhaust

Originally posted by Vesaijan

RL
Is budget really the name of the company or is that what it's called b/c of their low prices??
Old 04-13-2002, 04:35 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: ATTN: Warpseepd and Budget Exhaust

RL
I was at Budget yesterday getting an F-Pipe installed. Jeff showed me the muffler and B-Pipe. They are trying to figure out what people want as far as a muffler, noisy, quiet like stock, somewhere in between? The muffler I saw is the same as the one on their site and the b-pipes were bent but no flanges or O2 fittings yet. I said I would be there to get one just as soon as they are up and running. They may even make 2 or 3 mufflers so you have a choice in levels of noise/quietness.

I am going to the track tomorrow to compare my runs last weekend without the f-pipe.

They are very busy they do a lot more than just Maxima stuff, but they always answer the phone.

PS I sure was nice to watch them install it too instead of doing it myself, they heat up the nuts etc and take their time. About a 45 minute install which is mostly removal time.
Old 04-13-2002, 06:46 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

As far as sound goes, in between would be nice...but as long as it doesn't have anything bigger than a 3 1/2 inch tip I'll be happy. I just can't justify having a tip bigger than that on my car.
Old 04-13-2002, 10:10 AM
Ford Only.

WSP will be launching there catbacks soon. But dont mention WSP and budget in one sentence, budget=gheeeto!
Old 04-13-2002, 01:10 PM

Originally posted by dmontzmax
WSP will be launching there catbacks soon. But dont mention WSP and budget in one sentence, budget=gheeeto!
Dmontz lets try and keep this forum above the cheap, sleezy stuff. If you have something legitimate to say about Budget say it.
Old 04-13-2002, 03:42 PM
Ford Only.

Budget claims there Y pipe is full stainless, but really it is half stainless with a f*d up flex section, and the rest of it is alluminized.
Old 04-13-2002, 03:47 PM

Budget claims there Y pipe is full stainless, but really it is half stainless with a f*d up flex section, and the rest of it is alluminized.
Oh do you have a Budget Y-Pipe or where are you getting this info from? If you are going to spout off you had better be able to back it up. I looked at their flex section yesterday and I would take it over any lined one at least its all steel inside not a bunch of weave waiting to unweave.
Old 04-13-2002, 04:01 PM

Did Budget Exhaust say how much longer it will be before they start production?

Do Org members have a say in what we want the exhaust to sound like?

RL
Old 04-13-2002, 05:38 PM
Ford Only.

Originally posted by Jime

Oh do you have a Budget Y-Pipe or where are you getting this info from? If you are going to spout off you had better be able to back it up. I looked at their flex section yesterday and I would take it over any lined one at least its all steel inside not a bunch of weave waiting to unweave.
Ok, I will not say a word, get your budget, why should I care if you buy junk. Do a search on budget, and look at the problems people have with them. Arguing online is pathetic, and very childish. Search is your freind.
Old 04-13-2002, 06:04 PM

Ok, I will not say a word, get your budget, why should I care if you buy junk. Do a search on budget, and look at the problems people have with them. Arguing online is pathetic, and very childish. Search is your freind.
You will notice I did not say anything are WSP. You are the one who is spouting off about Budget, that my friend is childish. If you think you are being a good ambassador for WSP by doing that, you're not, don't work in Politics and don't work here. Thank you for not saying a word.
Old 04-13-2002, 06:09 PM

Did Budget Exhaust say how much longer it will be before they start production?

Do Org members have a say in what we want the exhaust to sound like?

RL
I will be talking to them again next week. But I think they will be in production in May. I will try and get some more info on the muffler then. My OEM B-Pipe is leaking at the muffler flange so I have to get something on there soon so I am going to try and get the B-Pipe and Cat now and get the muffler later.
Old 04-13-2002, 06:16 PM
Ford Only.

You will notice I did not say anything are WSP. You are the one who is spouting off about Budget, that my friend is childish. If you think you are being a good ambassador for WSP by doing that, you're not, don't work in Politics and don't work here. Thank you for not saying a word.
Before you try and dismiss me, realize you are the one that called me by name. Take your newbie azz back to budget. I will rep WSP if I want, they are by far better than budget. Lets not get started. It seems you are part of budget somehow, that is why you get some defensive.
Old 04-13-2002, 06:39 PM

Before you try and dismiss me, realize you are the one that called me by name. Take your newbie azz back to budget. I will rep WSP if I want, they are by far better than budget. Lets not get started. It seems you are part of budget somehow, that is why you get some defensive.
You gotta be related to Sprint. Enough said
Old 04-13-2002, 06:50 PM
Ford Only.

You've gotta be a newbie. Nough said.
Old 04-13-2002, 08:58 PM

You gotta be related to Sprint. Enough said
KIDS.......................KNOCK IT OFF! it's like having breakfast with a 7 and 9 year old.....!!!!!!!!

l8tr -- SS
Old 04-13-2002, 09:04 PM
Ford Only.

He started it...
Old 04-13-2002, 09:36 PM

I'm actually interested .. what is wrong with Budget ... I will say this .. their customer service suck$ ... I'm sorry no .. it's non-existant!

I've been waiting for a quote for a 5th gen b-pipe for over a month .. I've sent numerous e-mails and have only had one response saying that they'll have a quote for me tomorrow ... that was over a week ago .. but to even get that response took over a month!

I wish it wasn't so .. they're only a 15 minute drive from me & it'd be easier to purchase and get it installed directly from them.

WSP ... do you have any intentions to produce a 5th gen b-pipe with no resonator?

He started it...
Old 04-13-2002, 10:26 PM
Ford Only.

They are working on them right now, and hopefully will have news next week. They are very busy with the SFC's and Y pipes right now.
Old 04-13-2002, 10:35 PM

I'm not one to get into these debates and such, but I must say that Dmontzmax, you may be wrong. I agree with you wholeheartedly and will even suggest to others to get the Warpspeed y-pipe. I think it may be a better overall buy in terms of quality and service. However, Budget Exhaust is not as bad as you make it out to be. I chose to get the Budget y-pipe because I didn't want to spend that much money on something else. When I recieved my y-pipe, it was nowhere near "junk". The welds were sturdy, the bends were smooth, the flex was quality. The only thing that popped up when I searched the forums, was the noise issue. I personally don't have a problem with the noise. My girlfriend doesn't either. In fact, no one I know has a problem with it. A lot of people say they like the sound. You only hear it when I'm WOT anyway, then my intake drowns it out. You shouldn't bad mouth a product based on the opinion of others. See the pipe in person, take a ride in someone's car who has the pipe, then make your opinion. That is all.
Old 04-13-2002, 10:38 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

I don't know if Budget has any probs with their pipe, I personally know two guys with the pipe and it shown the same rsults as any other so as far as performance goes, there is no difference between either of the 3 companies. as for the quality of the build I wouldn't go as far to say any are better than the other... ALL 3 COMPANIES are having flex section problems, PERIOD!!! as far as customer service goes, I was pleased with WSPs curteous and personal service, being able to tak directly to the maker is an added plus and being that they gave me a deal on mine I'd have to say WSP is the best way to go!!!

thats my $.02....no Budget bashing out of me, but from my POV, go Warpspeed for good prices, customer service and satisfaction!
Old 04-13-2002, 10:40 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

you and Bruce with your damn intakes....sounds like some damn 5.0 Stang!!!

Originally posted by NightRider then my intake drowns it out.
Old 04-13-2002, 11:33 PM

WARPSPEED!

Warpspeed told me about 2 months ago that their Y-pipes would be
"ready in about a week".

Now I've heard a lot of good things about Warpspeed which is why I've been kinda waiting for their y-pipe to come out for the 5th gen's
but they are taking FOREVER!!

Does Budget make Y-pipes for 5th gen's?
Old 04-13-2002, 11:39 PM

Originally posted by DA-MAX
you and Bruce with your damn intakes....sounds like some damn 5.0 Stang!!!

You like it.
Old 04-13-2002, 11:43 PM

Re: WARPSPEED!

i am itching to get budget's new catback exhaust. if its muffler choice they were worried about, jeff over at budget told me it will be closer to quiet than noisy, but i wouldn't mind an aggressive tone at all. the stock exhaust is very muffled and i would like to open it up even more. as for quality, i have no complaints. the SS304 ypipe i have is holding great. performance wise, you can look at my best time. they have improved by an average of 2 tenths over the stock ypipe.
Old 04-14-2002, 02:38 AM

Originally posted by ohboiya
I'm actually interested .. what is wrong with Budget ... I will say this .. their customer service suck$ ... I'm sorry no .. it's non-existant!

I've been waiting for a quote for a 5th gen b-pipe for over a month .. I've sent numerous e-mails and have only had one response saying that they'll have a quote for me tomorrow ... that was over a week ago .. but to even get that response took over a month!

I wish it wasn't so .. they're only a 15 minute drive from me & it'd be easier to purchase and get it installed directly from them.

WSP ... do you have any intentions to produce a 5th gen b-pipe with no resonator?

If you want to talk to Budget the best way is to phone, someone always answers during working hours. I have never gotten an answering machine, with the resultant no callback. They are not computer geeks they make exhaust systems so don't expect speedy replies via email. You cannot order online but you can't with a lot of Max people. Their webpage prices are out of date.
They don't have a 4th Gen b-pipe ready yet so don't think the 5th Gen is.
I have no affiliation with Budget, I was there for the first time on Fri to get a Y-Pipe installed, they let me take pictures etc and watch the install.
They are nice friendly folks and they told me most of their pipes are shipped not installed on site which is a shame because its soooo much easier with a torch on those nuts.
Old 04-14-2002, 06:16 AM

Re: WARPSPEED!

Originally posted by acMAX
Warpspeed told me about 2 months ago that their Y-pipes would be
"ready in about a week".

Now I've heard a lot of good things about Warpspeed which is why I've been kinda waiting for their y-pipe to come out for the 5th gen's
but they are taking FOREVER!!

Does Budget make Y-pipes for 5th gen's?
All I know is that who ever has what I WANT for what I am willing to pay 1st will get my business! I have the friggin money in my hand right now and that's when I WANT my stuff right now! I am tring to find out if the the part #'s are the same for the 01/02 b-pipes and the 02/03 Max/Alti y-pipes. Warpspeed says they have the Alti fit and they believe that the Max is the same but need a "test monkey" to try it. If it wasn't a 10 hr drive I'd do it but it is and I can't, can ANYbody with a 02 who is closer do it? I am gonna call Nissan prts on Monday and try and put this issue to rest. I will update at some point during the day.
Thanks -- SS
l8tr
Old 04-15-2002, 08:22 PM

I finally got a response ... I sent a very straight forward e-mail explaining why they should respond to my simple request & lo and behold .. a response with a quote!

I'm probably going to go sometime next week to get a final quote after they actually look at my b-pipe rather than the pix I sent.

If you want to talk to Budget the best way is to phone, someone always answers during working hours. I have never gotten an answering machine, with the resultant no callback. They are not computer geeks they make exhaust systems so don't expect speedy replies via email. You cannot order online but you can't with a lot of Max people. Their webpage prices are out of date.
They don't have a 4th Gen b-pipe ready yet so don't think the 5th Gen is.
I have no affiliation with Budget, I was there for the first time on Fri to get a Y-Pipe installed, they let me take pictures etc and watch the install.
They are nice friendly folks and they told me most of their pipes are shipped not installed on site which is a shame because its soooo much easier with a torch on those nuts.
Old 04-16-2002, 08:37 AM

EnOUGH BUDGET is GOOD

I think the importnat point is, hardly any of you guys have dealth with BOTH companies so you are biased. as with me, i have had experiences with both, and BUDGET is by far the pipe for your money. 225 for aluminum(last your 5 years max) and 175 for stainless(10+). there is just nothing else to say performance gains are same you just save a lot of money. as far as customer service goes, i dont know about how you wsp say they are great they are nice but everyone knows they are hard to get in touch with. budget answers the phone all the time.
Old 04-28-2002, 04:38 PM

Re: EnOUGH BUDGET is GOOD

I ordered my budget y pipe via phone and from my experience, the customer service is great on the phone. I even talked with Jeff himself and for 175 shipped with the same performance ?
why nott..
Old 10-25-2005, 07:44 PM

Where Do You Buy A Budget Y-pipe??? I Am So Confused! I Went To Budgetexhaust.com And Couldn't Find It! Someone Help Me!
Old 10-25-2005, 07:51 PM

This is Budget's new site

http://www.lssexhaust.com/
Old 10-25-2005, 07:55 PM
The original VQ...

I had a budget b-pipe before and loved it, came with a magnaflow resonator and sounds great, just hung kinda low....

My friend bought the warpspeed 2.5" , he had to weld it and it came in a bunch of peices, he was not happy.
Old 10-26-2005, 04:54 AM
No more Maximas...

Originally Posted by Jime
This is Budget's new site

http://www.lssexhaust.com/
I hate old threads being pulled back up.

I was like 'someone calling Jime a newbie? wtf?'

Then I noticed this thread was from like two months after you joined...