General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Place Racing motor mounts question

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2002, 02:11 PM

Place Racing motor mounts question

I just receieved Polyurethane motor mounts...But no install instructions..Are these difficult to install or can any shop do it?
Old 04-18-2002, 03:24 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Place Racing motor mounts question

Originally posted by MikeO
I just receieved Polyurethane motor mounts...But no install instructions..Are these difficult to install or can any shop do it?
If someone is installing them it should just be normal R&R (removal and replacement). If you have an auto I'm sure you'll be feeling the vibrations though
-hype
Old 04-18-2002, 05:09 PM

The install is fairly straightforwards. Drop the center crossmember after taking out the thru bolt in each of the mounts while supporting the motor. Of course some of the bolts may be stuck. The next trick is to cross your fingers in hoping that the mounts will fit your car. My old ones were a !#$!! to install cause they didnt fit. Be forewarned your car is gonna be vibrater heaven after.
Old 08-07-2002, 12:23 PM

question.....how bad is the vibration after you put these things on??? is it bearable?
Old 08-07-2002, 12:32 PM

Originally posted by Pmp-n8a
question.....how bad is the vibration after you put these things on??? is it bearable?

Is not a fitment issue you make them fit!!!!

your car wont vibrate that much adjust the idle at 800RPMS, and you will be good. When you remove one of the old motor mounts youwill notice one is taller then the other. Guide yourself by the height since the PRMMs are the same way one is taller then the other and also they have arrows pointing forward so do one at at time!!!
Old 08-07-2002, 01:23 PM

anyone have these on their 2K??? (auto)

im reading about all these people taking them off after they've put them on and im feeling kind of dumb after just ordering these
Old 08-07-2002, 04:36 PM

Originally posted by Pmp-n8a
anyone have these on their 2K??? (auto)

im reading about all these people taking them off after they've put them on and im feeling kind of dumb after just ordering these
Why feel dumb your getting rid of the wheel hop. Some people are like girls are very **** and exaggerate, be your own judge on this mod. You think I care what others say? f!ck no is their opinions and as someone else posted is like a anus everyone has one. Dont always go by what others say, Vibrations is not even that bad, if they were bad you think others would bother to get them? obviously not. If you want other opinions then PM, Cumalot, Mardigrasmax, RedmaxPa007, Ossamah just to name a few that have rode in my car. Dont ask people that dont have the mod for their opinions ask the ones that have them!!!
Old 08-07-2002, 04:40 PM

Originally posted by JAY25

Why feel dumb your getting rid of the wheel hop. Some people are like girls are very **** and exaggerate, be your own judge on this mod. You think I care what others say? f!ck no is their opinions and as someone else posted is like a anus everyone has one. Dont always go by what others say, Vibrations is not even that bad, if they were bad you think others would bother to get them? obviously not. If you want other opinions then PM, Cumalot, Mardigrasmax, RedmaxPa007, Ossamah just to name a few that have rode in my car. Dont ask people that dont have the mod for their opinions ask the ones that have them!!!
Well I used to have these mounts. Infact I think Jay you were the one who bought my old/new ones. My first set of mounts did not fit clearly because of a fitment issue. I sent them back along with my stock mounts for them (place racing) to refabricate a new set. Then I sold these new sets. To some, the vibration may not be too bad. To me, the vibrations were pretty severe and my car is a 5 speed. I tried the turn the idle up trick, but then the engine gets all twitchy when you're decelerating. I know of a few others who have had this mod and got rid of them. Myself and BriGuyMax to name two.
Old 08-07-2002, 06:03 PM

Originally posted by ericdwong

Well I used to have these mounts. Infact I think Jay you were the one who bought my old/new ones. My first set of mounts did not fit clearly because of a fitment issue. I sent them back along with my stock mounts for them (place racing) to refabricate a new set. Then I sold these new sets. To some, the vibration may not be too bad. To me, the vibrations were pretty severe and my car is a 5 speed. I tried the turn the idle up trick, but then the engine gets all twitchy when you're decelerating. I know of a few others who have had this mod and got rid of them. Myself and BriGuyMax to name two.
You are right Eric I was the one that bought them off you! They are not easy to install, as a matter of fact in my opinion is to sinch the engine down therefor the engine wont Vibrate therefor your wheels wont hop. They were about 1/4 of an inch off I wont lie to you about that, I thought that the interior was going to fall apart but when I turned on the car it was not bad at all. You know who recommended I buy those from you right?? Hes the man and he gave me a reason why to buy them. I dont regret buying them off you at all. Thank you very much your a good honest seller.
Old 08-07-2002, 08:53 PM

Originally posted by JAY25

thanks man....its just that some of the reviews make it look like the vibrations will induce a fatal sickness or something