General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

unidentified supercharged max 95-96 in memphis??

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2002, 08:24 PM

unidentified supercharged max 95-96 in memphis??

k, my g/f and i are driving along the rode tonight in memphis, where ive never seen ANY modded maximas, well i come up on this 95-96 model maxima, dark grey in color, appears to me to just have a big exhaust on it..so (im still stock) i take off to the side of him just to see what an exhaust and intake is gonna do for me; bad idea, he suddenly puts many many car lengths on me in a matter of seconds..when he slows down i see the gauges on the door pillar and now i realize y he took off so quickly; long story short, i couldnt seem to get the guys attention, middle-aged white guy i know that much..if someone knows who this might be id appreciate it cuz id like to know someone else in my area that likes to work on their maxima too
Thanks,
Tom
Old 04-23-2002, 04:32 AM
Ramius83

Ummmm, I forget his name, but I sold my rear body kit pieces to him. He is sometimes on the .org.

Old 04-23-2002, 09:20 PM

hmm..strange, im nearly positive he had no body kit parts on it it was just lowered down and he had 17 or 18" rims, he had the yellow piece still in the back tails and im pretty sure he still had the yellow turn signals up front
Old 05-16-2002, 05:25 AM

There aren't very many modded Maximas on the streets here in Memphis. I've never seen Bullseye on the streets but I know he's around. There is a black Max that had yellow rims for a while. Not sure what mods he has aside from appearance and exhaust. There's a white maxima with 18's and Altezzas that I see from time to time. Never seen yours though...
Old 05-16-2002, 07:35 PM

I think it might have been [middle-aged!] me...

Do you frequent the Nonconnah Parkway and 240-E? It seems as though I pulled *real hard* on a Maxima one evening not too long ago, heading towards 240 on the Nonconnah Parkway. After a brief squeeze of the pedal, I got paranoid and slowed back down. (It's not a good idea to go 120-mph on that road.) I think I hit the pedal again when you came up behind me. I lost track of you after that... I headed east on 240 up toward Poplar.

No supercharger. No turbo. No [operational] N2O. At the time, I was all natural, but heavily modded. My gauges are EGT and fuel pressure. I just had a NOS/JWT system installed, but not yet operational. I was waiting for my electric Autometer Ultra-lite N2O gauge to ship from Summit Racing. I was going to install that gauge before I filled the N2O tank for the 1st time.

I never got to use it...

About a week after that night, some jerk in a flat bed tow truck made a right turn from the LEFT lane up on Bailey Station Road, and hit me. I was right next to him when he made his move. No turn signal, no brake lights, no insurance! I haven't heard from my insurance company yet, but I think they're going to total my car. There's over $8,500 worth of damage... clear back to the windshield. Thank God I wasn't hurt. My seatbelts and my airbag probably saved my life.

I'm gonna miss that car. I didn't even get a chance to race it this year. I was looking forward to breaking into the 13's this Spring, too. That car would motor up to 145-mph+ (bury the needle) like nobody's business...
Old 05-16-2002, 08:12 PM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

sorry to hear about your car bullseye!

This is why I seriously run with my hi-beam lights on during the day. People are so damned stupid, especially in my area, but as long as I've got those hi-beams on and am blinding everyone in front of me I never have any problems. If you blind them, they know something is there and tend not to move for fear of hitting it!
Old 05-17-2002, 03:04 AM

Originally posted by SteVTEC
sorry to hear about your car bullseye!

This is why I seriously run with my hi-beam lights on during the day. People are so damned stupid, especially in my area, but as long as I've got those hi-beams on and am blinding everyone in front of me I never have any problems. If you blind them, they know something is there and tend not to move for fear of hitting it!
The accident happened at 9:30 PM, and it was pitch dark. I had both my headlights *and* my foglights on at the time. I had been following behind this truck for at least a 1/2-mile by the time he turned in front of me. He didn't check his mirror. No turn signal. No brake lights. No insurance. Expired tags. And the tags had been issued to a different vehicle. His son was injured because he was not wearing his seatbelt. The driver lied to police, as indicated by both myself, and a witness (family of 6!) that had been trailing behind us.

Basically, this guy doesn't belong on the road. In fact, he probably should be in jail...
Old 05-17-2002, 03:26 AM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

damn that sucks! what a moron!