General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

might have to keep my max

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2002, 06:07 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

might have to keep my max

grrr, i'm sure most of you have heard that i want to get rid of my car for various reason, and the accident pushed me over the edge. well now nissan is trying to **** me too and the car has been in an accident, i prolly won't be able to sell it outright for what i owe, sucks. and the only new car i really will consider in my range now is a WRX and i'm unsure about that, even though the salesmen is gonna help me with trade in and play with numbers if need be. but i figure if i'm gonna keep it i have to mod it some more right. i sold my KYB's but haven't shipped them yet but i have to, i'm a business man and that's my word. so i have to ship those out and then buy antoerh set or check on the tokico illuminas again. that's if i keep my car, once i see how good the body shop did i'll know for sure what i'm doing. god life is so stressfull.
Old 04-23-2002, 06:18 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: might have to keep my max

Steve, you need to understand one thing. After everything you went through you'll never be able to enjoy your Max as much as you would like to.
Sell it now and don't waste more money on it.
Old 04-23-2002, 06:20 PM

Re: Re: might have to keep my max

Originally posted by AndyXXL
Steve, you need to understand one thing. After everything you went through you'll never be able to enjoy your Max as much as you would like to.
ya see that's were i'm at. it's ****ed me off so much that no matter what happens now i wont enjoy it anymore but i can't find anything else that i REALLY like under 30k and i have to get out from under my car and that's gonna be hard i owe like what it's worth.
Old 04-23-2002, 06:20 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

why do you want to sell it?? you seemed really satisfied with...I mean with all those burnout vids and what not! are you just "outgrowing" it or something??
Old 04-23-2002, 06:22 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

damn
i need to read the board more....

When did you start Dis-liking your car?
Seemed like you were perfectly happy....

What exactly is bothering you about it?

I have actually been falling in love with the 2k2 lately and was event thinking of possibly getting one in 2-3 years used...
What's the problem?
Old 04-23-2002, 06:22 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: might have to keep my max

Originally posted by dmbmaxima88

ya see that's were i'm at. it's ****ed me off so much that no matter what happens now i wont enjoy it anymore but i can't find anything else that i REALLY like under 30k and i have to get out from under my car and that's gonna be hard i owe like what it's worth.
As far as investments go, your killing your pockets. I say keep the car and build it back up.
Old 04-23-2002, 06:23 PM

Originally posted by DA-MAX
why do you want to sell it?? you seemed really satisfied with...I mean with all those burnout vids and what not! are you just "outgrowing" it or something??
ya aside from the quirks(hard 2-3 shift, radio went bad once already, rattles) it has, the accident and HORRIBLE nissan service.

i'm 19 and want something outrageous and fun.
Old 04-23-2002, 06:23 PM

If you can sell/trade it without taking a BIG loss then do it now. You will not be HAPPY with the car so mind as well get something you will like. The dealership should be able to work something out for you if they really wanted to. Give it a try and see what happens.
Old 04-23-2002, 06:30 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

What ever happened to the '99 Cobra? Cobra's sound unlike any other...
Old 04-23-2002, 06:31 PM

Re: Re: Re: might have to keep my max

Some alternatives, G35, new Z, E36 M3, IS300...
Old 04-23-2002, 06:35 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

I feel you on that, there some many other nice little quick little sports cars with tons of mods out there for the picking!!! but damn you're 19 with a BRAND NEW CAR, you need to "cherish" that....but anyways like Deezo says, I'd keep it, its not really worth it investment wise!

*cough* 350Z *cough*
Old 04-23-2002, 06:38 PM

Jan 03 , Lancer Evo comes to Americe
Old 04-23-2002, 06:46 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Originally posted by DA-MAX

damn you're 19 with a BRAND NEW CAR, you need to "cherish" that....
I agree with that.. I'm 19 as well and I could not see my self possibly being able to afford a new car unless it's a KIA or a Huyindai Accent HOWEVER.. at the same time, if I'm spending 30 grand on a freaking car, it BETTER be something I like!

Andy has some nice ideas though..
I'd love to pimp an E36 M3 or any of the others mentioned for that matter...
Old 04-23-2002, 06:50 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: might have to keep my max

Some alternatives, G35, new Z, E36 M3, IS300...
under 30k

g35- 30-32k
z- 0k
m3- uhhh, i think thats 50k
is300- 35k
Old 04-23-2002, 07:02 PM

Poor you, you might have to settle for a loaded 6-spd 2k2 Maxima.

I know the WRX is faster and has more potential, but would you really downgrade from a Max to one of those bugs? And I can't believe you're 19 Maybe I'm just jealous but I'm 16 and when I'm 19 I won't be getting new cars like you every year. Just be happy with what you have, it's not like you're driving a CRX or something.
-Cyrus
Old 04-23-2002, 07:03 PM

Re: Re: might have to keep my max

I wouldn't wish an accident on my worst enemy, so I empathize with accident victims. It's a financial loss any way one slices it.

But something is wrong here--a statement was made the vehicle could not be sold for what is owed on it, then only a WRX would be in the price range. How does that work? We're talking about cars that are 25k plus, how can that be in one's price range when one owes more on a present car than it's worth?

Maybe there's some bean counter mumbo jumbo that I'm missing, but marketing has done many people a disservice. Put 5% down and live in a 400,000 house instead of suffering in a 100,000 one with 20k down. Lease a Jaguar AWD for less than $500/month. No equity, no problem, your pulse is your approval. That's all marketing and it ultimately hurts people in the long-run, especially young people.

Again, as I said, and accident really ***** and I hope you make the best out of it whatever the choice. It's a learning experience.
Old 04-23-2002, 07:23 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: might have to keep my max

Originally posted by gtr_rider

under 30k

g35- 30-32k
z- 0k
m3- uhhh, i think thats 50k
is300- 35k
What are your sources?

G35 - $27.6K
350Z - $28K
E36 M3 - $25K
IS300 - $28.2K
Old 04-23-2002, 07:29 PM

LOL...when I was 19, I didn't even have a car.
Old 04-23-2002, 07:38 PM

steve, just mod the snot out of it and you'll be having fun again. my plan was to be putting down 350 HP by the fall but warranty is holding me back. if thats not an issue to you, lets see what this car can really do with a little bit of cash put into it.
Old 04-23-2002, 07:43 PM

Originally posted by Cumalot
LOL...when I was 19, I didn't even have a car.

I drove a Chevy Cavalier at 19.
Old 04-23-2002, 07:49 PM

Originally posted by jkratzer

I drove a Chevy Cavalier at 19.

At least you had a car. At least I could borrow my brother's car from time to time. If not, my dates would have to pick me up.
Old 04-23-2002, 07:56 PM

I agree, at 19 years old why in the world did you get a FAMILY SEDAN? Front wheel drive at that. Do you have a family? I don't mean to insult you if you do. Anyway, I'm 20 and I'm also stuck with a family sedan.

You'd better get rid of it as fast as you can, especially since you bought it new, and you know how well those Nissans hold their value.
Old 04-23-2002, 07:57 PM

ya aside from the quirks(hard 2-3 shift, radio went bad once already, rattles) it has, the accident and HORRIBLE nissan service.

I base the following more on age (yours and mine) than anything else. You should have a ricer or something to "beat" the crap out of. Your to young not to have tons o fun. Just don't get "upside down" in the process. I speak from my screw ups, I don't know you or yours I can only offer some advice. If I could do it over I'd still marry the same woman, have the same kids and house but I'd have not been so unwise in past purchases just because of wants vrs. needs. I am lucky at this point in my life to be able to afford some of the nicer things and know that if I had been smarter @ your age I would have SOOOOOO much more now. I know this seems ramblish but do what is "right" now and 20 from now it will even be more right! I can't tell you what is right, only you or someone with the wisdom of age who is close to you that you love/trust can do that.
Good Luck
l8tr -- SS
Old 04-23-2002, 08:01 PM

I drove an explorer and a maxima at 19
Old 04-23-2002, 08:07 PM

I drive a 3rd gen.. and a hot girl from time to time..

Old 04-23-2002, 08:21 PM

Originally posted by emax95
I drove an explorer and a maxima at 19
Darn! What the h*ll are you cry'n for then Emax? That Cavalier was the worst POS I've ever had. You know it's bad when the back window comes lose while driving down the road. It was a real babe repellent. But my wife married me anyway. Go figure.
Old 04-23-2002, 08:40 PM

Originally posted by Maximamike
I drive a 3rd gen.. and a hot girl from time to time..

Me too
Old 04-23-2002, 08:42 PM

Originally posted by jkratzer

Darn! What the h*ll are you cry'n for then Emax? That Cavalier was the worst POS I've ever had. You know it's bad when the back window comes lose while driving down the road. It was a real babe repellent. But my wife married me anyway. Go figure.
I was just busting around When I was 16-18 I did not even have my own car. I saved up and bought an explorer, souped it up, sold it and bought my 95 max
Old 04-23-2002, 08:52 PM

the guy at the subaru dealership was gonna help me fudge with numbers and i dont' want to spend 33k on a 350Z right now for the one i want. i can get a WRX for over 2k off sticker and he can get me XXXXX for my car, so i buy the WRX for sticker and he adds 2k to XXXXX and gets me out of my car and i'm all set. i drove a 89 beretta for a year then i got lucky and BOUGHT my 95 maxima off my mom and then bought this car too. i'm just extremely motivated now, i work 60 hours a week aside from frankencar and i've learned what it's like to have lots of your own expenses. aside from the payments on this my insurnace is 2700 a year. i know i SHOUlD be happy with this car but for 30K i donm't think i'm getting what i deserve ESP from teh service dept and i think half is because i'm a young kid and they think they can throw me around. i want to mod the hell out of it since i'm sure nissan is ready to void my warranty anyway(who linked them to my burnout vid ) but i don't know what to do. once i get it back from the shop maybe i'll decide. I think i scared the local dealership anyway, i picked my car up yesterday, all in shirt and tie like usual from day job in a corvette and just drove away, they prolly thought they messed with the wrong kid.

andy- can't stand nissan service enought to get a 350Z
G35 Coupe is nice but will be 35K the way i want it
IS300=RWD Corolla LOL i don't like them
E36 M3- back to my nemesis again, i'd get a 3000GT VR-4 or a 300ZX before i spent that much on a used car and mod it for cheaper.

i have an idea for a S/C too, i just discussed it with my dad's friend. it's a easier to work with design once you move the battery to the trunk but i just need the overhead to start making all this stuff. anyone want to be a silent investor

-steve (tired and stressed)
Old 04-23-2002, 08:56 PM

Originally posted by ericdwong
I agree, at 19 years old why in the world did you get a FAMILY SEDAN? Front wheel drive at that. Do you have a family? I don't mean to insult you if you do. Anyway, I'm 20 and I'm also stuck with a family sedan.

You'd better get rid of it as fast as you can, especially since you bought it new, and you know how well those Nissans hold their value.
and i dont' have a family i dont' know why i got a FWD family sedan, even thought it's the best bang for your buck performance/luxury buy on the market now. i don't know what to do, i flip flip cars every day. today a 300ZX, tonight a 3000GT VR-4, tomorrow a WRX, yesterday a Cobra and friday maybe a lighting, all i need to know is that it's big enough for me and has 12's potential easily and some options.
Old 04-26-2002, 12:38 PM

and i dont' have a family i dont' know why i got a FWD family sedan, even thought it's the best bang for your buck performance/luxury buy on the market now. i don't know what to do, i flip flip cars every day. today a 300ZX, tonight a 3000GT VR-4, tomorrow a WRX, yesterday a Cobra and friday maybe a lighting, all i need to know is that it's big enough for me and has 12's potential easily and some options.
I just turned 21, and now truly bought my very own car. This is the first car that I own by myself, outright. It's a maxima, yeah it's a FWD family sedan. So? I worked hard for it and it's mine, and I don't care what happens to it I'm going to pay it off and keep it for at least 6-7 years. If I get in an accident I would repair the damage and move on. Don't get upside down on your loans just cause some salesman is "fudging numbers" for you, it's not worth it man. They always make it seem managable by moving the payments around, but at the end you end up spending like 30k.. (depreciation on your BRAND new car + payments on WRX + interest.)

Do yourself a favor, If you're tired of the max, then fix it and use it for a commuter, then save your cash and buy a used 240sx. Then drop an SR20DET in it, and go nuts.

Thas what Immna do
Old 04-26-2002, 01:04 PM

Originally posted by Kashoggio
Jan 03 , Lancer Evo comes to Americe
Yeah, but this car is an "itsubitsy!"
Old 04-26-2002, 01:38 PM

hmm, if only I could say. "well I guess I have to settle for a 2002 fully loaded maxima" your 19 bro you should be happy with what you have. I always go through fases where im wished I had another car but then everytime I do something to my max it makes me like it more and more. Plus I have it paid off so that makes everything I do even better, no monthly car payments. Take Care
Old 04-26-2002, 02:39 PM

Keep your car Steve.
Old 04-26-2002, 03:51 PM

Originally posted by deezo
Keep your car Steve.
i think i'm gonna have to keep it for at least 6 months but prolly a year. i'll drive it till this time next year, see how it's responding to me and by then all the cars i want will be in my price range(2000 S4, Zseries M roadsters, ect....) maybe i'll keep it then if i like what it's done to me maybe not we'll see.

-steve
Old 04-26-2002, 04:44 PM

Id keep it