General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

I didn't know little kids think Maximas look good

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2002, 01:46 PM

I didn't know little kids think Maximas look good

I dropped a friend off today. In front of his house was a group of 9 or 10 year olds walking on a field trip or something. As my friend got out of the car. 4 or 5 kids turned around and started saying something. I didn't pay attention to them because I was busy talking to my friend but the only thing I heard was "Nice car!". I waved to them and took off. The exterior of my car is stock but it's sll good.

I only posted this because this was the first compliment ever about the car.
Old 05-01-2002, 01:52 PM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

That's funny because the same thing happened to me yesterday. I was driving thru my neighborhood and a young 10-12 year-old yelled out, "your Nissan is sweet!!!" as I drove by. I was amazed because my car has no emblems or markings. He knew it was a Nissan just from the look. As I looked back in my mirror and waved, I noticed that there was a 300ZXTT, 280Z, and 2k2 Altima parked in the driveway.

Dave
Old 05-01-2002, 01:58 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

My bro's 13 year old friend once told me "Your car looks sweet, too bad its a Maxima" ...he wants a celica ...hopefully he isn't gay or something.

On the other hand my bro's school friends love my car. I mean, like 18 kids saying how they love everything about my car and how it's so cool, and actually describing which mods they like the best accurately which is pretty awesome I think becuase when I was his age all I thought about were bikes and girlz
Old 05-01-2002, 02:09 PM

I put my townhouse up for rent and the family that is living in it now has a 17 year old kid who saw me pull up on the day they were moving in. My gf was standing next to him and he exclaimed to her that my car was SWEET and how he wanted one. My gf was quick to reply "no you don't, it's bumpy and loud!"

Also whenever I drive to my friends apt complex, there is always all these lil 10 year olds running around playing stick ball and stuff. But theres this one kid in particular who keeps asking me how much I want to sell my car for. I told him to keep saving his ice cream money. Kids these days.
Old 05-01-2002, 02:09 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Craig Mack
My bro's 13 year old friend once told me "Your car looks sweet, too bad its a Maxima" ...he wants a celica ...hopefully he isn't gay or something.
Old 05-01-2002, 02:50 PM
I need a truck

hilarious
Old 05-01-2002, 03:41 PM
lcf

i had a 10 year old come up to me in mcdonalds and say, "i like your car... what is it?"

fo sheezy, the maxima is not a granny mobile like some people say.
Old 05-01-2002, 05:49 PM

Originally posted by Dave B
That's funny because the same thing happened to me yesterday. I was driving thru my neighborhood and a young 10-12 year-old yelled out, "your Nissan is sweet!!!" as I drove by. I was amazed because my car has no emblems or markings. He knew it was a Nissan just from the look. As I looked back in my mirror and waved, I noticed that there was a 300ZXTT, 280Z, and 2k2 Altima parked in the driveway.

Dave
How can you tell an n/a 300z from a TT?
Old 05-01-2002, 05:53 PM

Originally posted by Nick Robinson

TT sounds better DUH
Old 05-01-2002, 06:23 PM

Nah, he's ok. The day he starts wanting a VW Beetle, then you should be worried...
Old 05-01-2002, 06:35 PM

Re: I didn't know little kids think Maximas look good

i didnt even know little kids knew maximas existed! Usually the only kind of cars they know are the likes of corvette, porsche...and "school bus"
Old 05-01-2002, 08:32 PM

You know, this is funny cause about a month and a half ago when I still had my old car, I was pulling out of the car wash, and a bunch of 10-12 year olds were crossing in front of me. They were saying something so I rolled down my window and was surprised to hear "hey man nice car" they all echoed "nice car". Hehe, they thought it was an altima

But yeah kinda cool, kids like maximas apparently.. esp lowered ones with kits heh.
Old 05-01-2002, 08:49 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

TT's have grills on each side on the front lower bumper. You can tell from the back from the Twin Turbo.

Old 05-01-2002, 09:01 PM

I had a bunch of highschool kids stare and come by my car as I went to the mini-mart to pick some food up. They were all pointing and saying that's a nice car, even though I still had the banged up and dented passenger side fender.
Old 05-01-2002, 09:28 PM
Former Sponsor

TTs also have wider rear wheels they fill up the gap better
Old 05-01-2002, 10:06 PM

ive never actually heard anybody say anything, but ive had friends who show my car to their friends and be like daaamn, thats a maxima?...or i wouldnt mind having that car...feels good...also when you're sitting at a light and theres a guy w/ a riced out civic, or even a clean accord watchn your car as you roll through the intersection...thats good stuff
atw
Old 05-01-2002, 10:18 PM

It wasnt little kids but the other day I was at discount tire getting my tire fixed (had a screw in it) and It was sitting out front and I was coming to pick it up, I was standing in line to pay when I look out and see this car pull up with two college kids in it. the passenger gets out and notices my a-pillar guages and calls over the driver they sit there and look at my car until I come out and they were like is this your car. I said yeah and they said that is one of the most bad *** cars I have seen around here. It was nice to hear something like that, most people are always wondering why I try to mod my Maxima. It was cool though. Take Care
Old 05-02-2002, 05:53 PM

Exactly. There are tons of modded hondas and stuff, but the maxima is unique so it usually gets lots of good looks. Thats why I love just driving around.
Old 05-02-2002, 06:04 PM
mb1

well, here is my story... I was at my friends house looking for a box, and there were some high-school kids across the street, smoking cigarettes. I pulled up, and they were looking and pointing. When I went into the garage, one of them starts walking up to my car. I was in there for like 10 secs, and then I left, and as soon as the kid saw me, he stopped, turned around looked at his friends. I hope he wasn't trying anything. So I just got in my car and started it up, and as I was leaving the kids yells, "Nice Car!!!"

That made my day.
Old 05-02-2002, 06:53 PM

funny.. but in my city, all the high school kids/junior high kids think my car is ugly and what not. A few give me props.
Old 05-02-2002, 07:00 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Originally posted by AznWontonboy
funny.. but in my city, all the high school kids/junior high kids think my car is ugly and what not. A few give me props.
it's the taillights
Old 05-02-2002, 07:24 PM

Originally posted by AznWontonboy
drive yr odyssey instead maybe they'll go "oh look its a honda! that thing gotta have madD power with vtec & stuff in it"
Old 05-02-2002, 07:38 PM

Originally posted by Chinkzilla
You know, this is funny cause about a month and a half ago when I still had my old car, I was pulling out of the car wash, and a bunch of 10-12 year olds were crossing in front of me. They were saying something so I rolled down my window and was surprised to hear "hey man nice car" they all echoed "nice car". Hehe, they thought it was an altima

But yeah kinda cool, kids like maximas apparently.. esp lowered ones with kits heh.
OoO like this one..
Old 05-02-2002, 07:53 PM

Heh, I've been getting a lot more compliments than I expected since I got this car a month ago. 4th gen Maxima's (and a good deal of 5th Gen's) are really common around here, but almost exclusively in beige (eck), black, or white. To be completely honest, when I got to the dealership that had my car I didn't even realize it was a Maxima - it was the first 4th gen I had ever seen in silver. It may not be an amazing color or anything, but it stands out from the crowd of Maxima's around here. So far I've gotten nothing but praise for it...

But what really surprises me is the looks it gets. Especially from this group of 15-16 year olds who are always hanging out a street away from me. Every time they're there and I drive by I get this jealous looks. I've had them come up once or twice when I've had my windows down and tell me how great the car looks. Of course, these same kids told me I should have bought clear taillights for my Integra...

A lot of my friends think it's great, which is all the more strange. There's so many Maxima's around here that you'd think they'd be completely bored with it.

I guess that's what I really like about this car - it seems like almost everyone likes it. My parents thought my 626 was nice, because it had a good interior and was comfortable to ride in.. but it was slow and pretty ugly. My friends thought the Integra was cool, but to most people 30+ I met it was "too small". But it seems like everyone loves Maximas. Myself included.
Old 05-02-2002, 08:18 PM

If only chicks liked maximas as much as kids....

My gf is still anti-maxima
Old 05-02-2002, 08:55 PM

I was washing my car two weeks ago at one of those self-service bays.

This Buick pulls up to the bay next to me and there were two kids in the car. They couldn't help but stare at the back end of my Maxima as I washed it.

First thing that crossed my mind was that they thought I was crazy for washing my car so thoroughly, but then I realized it was the sharp looks of the 95 back end. Plus, red/clear tails, tinted windows & tinted license plate cover.

Yummy .... now hopefully, I won't get pulled over for the tint OR the license plate cover
Old 05-02-2002, 08:58 PM
mb1

Originally posted by pocketrocket
Plus, red/clear tails, tinted windows & tinted license plate cover.

so where are the front clear corners at?
Old 05-02-2002, 09:07 PM

Originally posted by mb1

so where are the front clear corners at?
Haha ... I guess you didn't see my post in the WTB/FS forum.

I'm looking for a set of clears there coz after waiting for 4 months, procarparts finally refunded me because they insisted to have sent me correct pieces when I even have photos to show they're different. I ended up sending them back.

Oh well, another case of customer service not owning up to their mistake.
Old 05-02-2002, 09:14 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Ive been to a couple of places " RICERS " hang out at. They are more intrigued by my Muffler, than anything else. One Civic guy asks me what Ive done to the car, every time he sees me. Im afraid to say, since there's been a lot of car theft lately...Insured by Smith & Wesson
Old 05-02-2002, 10:23 PM

alot of people mistake my car to be a land cruiser
Old 05-02-2002, 11:57 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

i was adjusting the throttle cable a few days ago and the neighbor hood kids came by (well just yelled, im in a cul-de-sach) is your car broken? I said its a maxima, they never break
then they noticed the white gauges and loved those (asked if i put them in myself -lol) then the next time they were showing theyre friends, i had my carbon fiber installed, i almost had to drag the hose out to get them away, its hard to install stereo wires with kids playing in it.

later that day theyre tennis ball (playing base ball) hit my max and bounced 3 times, they all started saying that they were very very sorry, they were really worried about the max, i just told them to watch out. Maybe next time ill let my pug out on them, since my lab just wants to play

MrGone
Old 05-03-2002, 12:00 AM

it's the taillights
I use to have a 95 too, no need to hate on me
Old 05-03-2002, 12:07 AM

Sometimes on warm sunny days, after washing the Max, I drive it around to dry it off, and I go nearby schools and playgrounds, and can't help to notice, all the kids staring at me as I drive by, it's pretty crazy. Their expression on their face is like "WOW! What a cool car!" My Max is making heads turn

Now I know how Mercedes/BMW drivers feel
Old 05-03-2002, 10:23 AM

Just a bit of a reality check...

Most 10 year olds think that Civic's with altezza's, ten foot wings, coffee can exhaust tips, and mirror tinted windows are great too.
Old 05-03-2002, 01:58 PM

Originally posted by Paradoxish
Just a bit of a reality check...

Most 10 year olds think that Civic's with altezza's, ten foot wings, coffee can exhaust tips, and mirror tinted windows are great too.
Thank god my brother doesnt. He is 12 now and a lot of his friends think that way. One day I hear him talking to his friend and he says "Your brother should put the clear lights on the back of his car like my brother did" to which he responded "SSSHHHhhhh if he hears you he will probably make you leave and not come back till your brother takes them off. And besides everyone knows Altezza's are gross." AAh yes, he is learning fast. He also dispises the loud "cofee can" exhaust and when I got my Ypipe in the mail asked me about ten times "So your sure it wont be loud and stupid" hehe at least he wont come home some day driving rice.

SuDZ
Old 05-03-2002, 02:59 PM

Originally posted by Chinkzilla
If only chicks liked maximas as much as kids....

My gf is still anti-maxima
I was sitting in the car waiting for it to warm up, and this girl in the car next to me, came over and was like, "is that a maxima?", I saw "yea". She continues, "I like these, I want to get one and put 20's on it and a big muffler you know?", I just looked down.

BS, she was ugly and kinda ghetto dont worry.
Old 05-03-2002, 03:30 PM

Re: I didn't know little kids think Maximas look good

Originally posted by MaxPerformanceSE
I dropped a friend off today. In front of his house was a group of 9 or 10 year olds walking on a field trip or something. As my friend got out of the car. 4 or 5 kids turned around and started saying something. I didn't pay attention to them because I was busy talking to my friend but the only thing I heard was "Nice car!". I waved to them and took off. The exterior of my car is stock but it's sll good.

I only posted this because this was the first compliment ever about the car.
That doesn't surprise me. The ordinary joe who isn't a "fanatic" when it comes to cars will think the Maxima is a nice car. It's certainly above average. I think we sometimes get frustrated though because it's our hard-earned money that paid for the car. So if something breaks, it's annoying. But again, an average joe SHOULD think the Max is a nice car. You have to realize that the real world is not a flame war. A guy I work with who has a modified Civic EX says my Max is sweet and he'd like to have one. If someone told you your Max is a POS, wouldn't you have to wonder what planet they're from? Kinda like the Minima thing on this forum.
Old 05-03-2002, 03:41 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

If what you want is to impress " CHICKS " .. Put some Chrome 20's and some 12's..that always does the trick, no matter what the car ..
Old 05-03-2002, 03:56 PM

Originally posted by SuDZ

Thank god my brother doesnt. He is 12 now and a lot of his friends think that way. One day I hear him talking to his friend and he says "Your brother should put the clear lights on the back of his car like my brother did" to which he responded "SSSHHHhhhh if he hears you he will probably make you leave and not come back till your brother takes them off. And besides everyone knows Altezza's are gross." AAh yes, he is learning fast. He also dispises the loud "cofee can" exhaust and when I got my Ypipe in the mail asked me about ten times "So your sure it wont be loud and stupid" hehe at least he wont come home some day driving rice.

SuDZ
you got a good brother
Old 05-03-2002, 07:40 PM

Originally posted by SuDZ

hehe at least he wont come home some day driving rice.
Good. We need to catch 'em while they're still young.

Quick Reply: I didn't know little kids think Maximas look good