General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

HIN: New Orleans...Unclemax siting!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2002, 08:14 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

HIN: New Orleans...Unclemax siting!

I just got back from Hot Import Night. I was surprised to see Unclemax's car there, too bad he wasn't there. I wish he was there, but I heard he was in the hotel sleeping...lol. Too bad Unclemax, me and JAY25 wanted to talk to you. At least we got to see the turbo first hand. Very sweet!

Overall, HIN didn't seem as "big" as if the HIN in California or Texas for example. Oh well, still got to see many sweet looking cars.

There were a few ricers, but also quite a few turbo Hondas/Acuras/Mitsu. There was only one MKIV Supra there. It was a yellow one. It was UGLY! The Supra had some kind of dumb looking bodykit, it made the rear end so darn big. I love Supras, but that Supra is one of the worse I have seen.

We got to meet a new Maxima enthusiast tonight. He got a '96 auto Maxima with an incredible sound system, Sarona bodykit, Trend's grill, some 18" or 19" chrome wheels, and some stuff I forgot. Pretty cool guy, we told him about Maxima.org and told him to check it out.

nvmymax2(Blake)'s car was there too. All I can say is WOW! If he
doesn't get MOTM soon, it would be tragic. Airbag suspension, chrome out engine bay(for the most part), Stillen big brake kit, ZEX nitrous kit, 3 huge subs, and 18" wheels(forgot what brand though). Bling bling! Too bad I didn't have my digicam with me.

I was not impressed with HIN. Aren't there suppose to be some drag cars displayed? Like them 10 sec or better Hondas? I didn't see any.

Matt, you didn't miss much. Only thing I think you would like to see is Unclemax's turbo setup. Btw, Unclemax your car isn't finish right? I heard someone said your car was push in, it didn't run. I didn't even see an exhaust system. Also, I checked out your carbon fiber hood, it's in better condition than mine. Lucky you.
Old 05-04-2002, 09:32 PM

Re: HIN: New Orleans...Unclemax siting!

Hopefully we can call our new Max member "BLING BLING JIMMY",
that dude is pretty nice except he paid lots of cash to have his ride modified. Anyways HIN I thought it was going to be the bomb, it was alright. Unclemax he was tired from the long drive from Houston then those guys had to wash their cars so you go figure they must be pretty tired!!!Nice turbo set up all nice chromed out and I hope it all works out for him good luck and god bless!!!
Old 05-04-2002, 10:10 PM

Hey Mike are you coming to Baton Rouge for the show on 5/25
its going to be at the State Capitol Raceway i believe?
Old 05-04-2002, 10:13 PM

Btw, we also spotted a white 95-96 Maxima with clear bumper lenses and Maxima.org stickers when we were pulling out of the parking lot. License plate said driver is from Mississippi. Anyone here?

Jaime did you go back out? I want to stay out longer, but my feet was killing me. I guess I can feel how tired Unclemax might be. There was a RX-7 there representing RX7.com, the guy was just so tired, he just sat on the floor. So anyone wanted to talk to him had to come down to his level.
Old 05-04-2002, 10:15 PM

Originally posted by seven
Hey Mike are you coming to Baton Rouge for the show on 5/25
its going to be at the State Capitol Raceway i believe?

Hm...I didn't even know there will be a show. What kind of show? Something like HIN or smaller? Racing involved? If I'm not busy, sure why not. I don't know the area too well though. You guys up there might have to show me around.
Old 05-04-2002, 10:23 PM

cummy...was that yellow mkiv had hks sticker stuck across the rear fender? BIG A$$ alluminum wing?
Old 05-04-2002, 10:26 PM

Originally posted by Yellowbrother
cummy...was that yellow mkiv had hks sticker stuck across the rear fender? BIG A$$ alluminum wing?

hm...sorry can't remember. I just know the a$$ was HUGE. Whole bodykit was so ugly. What a waste IMO. It was some Asian guy's car I think, saw him and his buddies messing with the car for whatever reason. I think if other MKIV enthusiasts saw this Supra, they would puke too.
Old 05-04-2002, 11:25 PM

Originally posted by Cumalot

hm...sorry can't remember. I just know the a$$ was HUGE. Whole bodykit was so ugly. What a waste IMO. It was some Asian guy's car I think, saw him and his buddies messing with the car for whatever reason. I think if other MKIV enthusiasts saw this Supra, they would puke too.
yea that supra was reallly ugly IMO....big, huge butt...only 1
supra in the whole dome?!! i thought there would be more cars
i walked around the whole place twice...i wasn't really impressed
Old 05-05-2002, 07:36 AM

Originally posted by MaximaPower

yea that supra was reallly ugly IMO....big, huge butt...only 1
supra in the whole dome?!! i thought there would be more cars
i walked around the whole place twice...i wasn't really impressed
I went back out all the rice a ronies were gone, no one really out there!!
The event is on the 26 of May in Capitol Race Way. Its racing and car show. I might go and do maybe 2 4 runs and I am bringing two coolers I will be placing ice as those other guys did in my engine!!
Old 05-05-2002, 12:15 PM

There were also a few supercars there. Two Lamborghini's, Viper GTS, an Aston Martin(IIRC), and some really expensive/fast Mercedes(forgot what model). Two NSX's were there too. Hm...no Ferrari's?

Btw, me and JAY25 talked to this guy from this local speed shop called Sonic Boom. There were a few turboed Hondas there. Anyway, Jaime asked the guy how fast the cars were in the 1/4 mile. He pointed to a turboed Civic sedan and said the owner never bring it to the track because he needs it as a daily driver...blah...blah. He said the car should be in the 12s easily, maybe even 11s. So was he BSing? I'm not saying it can't be done with the Civic. As you know talk is cheap. Where the heck are all these suppose really fast Hondas and Acuras when me, Jaime, and Matt went to the track? I think the guy was BSing because those cars seem to be mainly show cars.
Old 05-05-2002, 12:19 PM

Hm...I didn't even know there will be a show. What kind of show? Something like HIN or smaller? Racing involved? If I'm not busy, sure why not. I don't know the area too well though. You guys up there might have to show me around.
hey let me know if you want to go, i'll meet you guys somewhere, we can see if Matt wants to go.

yeah they have racing with different brackets, they also have a body contest for girls
Old 05-05-2002, 12:38 PM

Btw, me and JAY25 talked to this guy from this local speed shop called Sonic Boom. There were a few turboed Hondas there. Anyway, Jaime asked the guy how fast the cars were in the 1/4 mile. He pointed to a turboed Civic sedan and said the owner never bring it to the track because he needs it as a daily driver...blah...blah. He said the car should be in the 12s easily, maybe even 11s. So was he BSing? I'm not saying it can't be done with the Civic. As you know talk is cheap. Where the heck are all these suppose really fast Hondas and Acuras when me, Jaime, and Matt went to the track? I think the guy was BSing because those cars seem to be mainly show cars.
BSing for sure. My friend with the turbo Miata knows the Sonic Blunder crew. He said other than the shops race car he had the fastest small car import in New Orleans, 11.9et. (excluding supras and stuff like that) After him he said I was it? (uhhhh ok?) This guy seemed very well aquainted with the local racing scene. I believe him over Sonic Blunder any day. Bottom your BSing unless you have proof.
Old 05-05-2002, 12:56 PM

Originally posted by MardiGrasMax

My friend with the turbo Miata knows the Sonic Blunder crew.
That Miata was FAST He talked to me at RCR since I drive a Maxima and he mentioned you Matt He definitely has respect for Maximas now as well.
-hype
Old 05-05-2002, 01:06 PM

Originally posted by MardiGrasMax

BSing for sure. My friend with the turbo Miata knows the Sonic Blunder crew. He said other than the shops race car he had the fastest small car import in New Orleans, 11.9et. (excluding supras and stuff like that) After him he said I was it? (uhhhh ok?) This guy seemed very well aquainted with the local racing scene. I believe him over Sonic Blunder any day. Bottom your BSing unless you have proof.

That's what I thought. I wanted to say something when Jaime was talking to the guy. However, I didn't want to cause trouble and maybe get jumped by his boys, so I had to let it slide even though I really wanted to say something.
Old 05-05-2002, 01:21 PM

Originally posted by xHypex

That Miata was FAST He talked to me at RCR since I drive a Maxima and he mentioned you Matt He definitely has respect for Maximas now as well.
-hype
Yea he lives in Austin now.
Old 05-05-2002, 02:37 PM

Originally posted by seven

hey let me know if you want to go, i'll meet you guys somewhere, we can see if Matt wants to go.

yeah they have racing with different brackets, they also have a body contest for girls

I might go, I don't know about the Jaime or Matt, but I would like to go. I might race too, not bracket racing though, just straight up racing I would do.
Old 05-05-2002, 07:48 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Btw, we also spotted a white 95-96 Maxima with clear bumper lenses and Maxima.org stickers when we were pulling out of the parking lot. License plate said driver is from Mississippi. Anyone here?

Hey Mike, that was my girlfriends car!!
Old 05-05-2002, 07:52 PM

Originally posted by nvmymax2

Hey Mike, that was my girlfriends car!!

Hm...funny I always thought her car was black for some reason. Maybe I heard wrong.
Old 05-05-2002, 08:09 PM

That's what I thought. I wanted to say something when Jaime was talking to the guy. However, I didn't want to cause trouble and maybe get jumped by his boys, so I had to let it slide even though I really wanted to say something.
They would have never even laid a hand on you if you noticed the big security guys 5 of them were Marines and if I say they started they take my side. Matt bling bling Jimmy told me, "man there this white boy smoking everyone in a Maxima!!!" I said that was matt he told me he smoked everyone but that Miata that night
Old 05-06-2002, 06:47 AM

Muuuhahahhhahahahaha
Old 05-06-2002, 07:39 AM

Oh yeah Matt, I have been meaning to tell you. The stealth from Hattiesburg is now running mid 11's. Some how he is doing this with no different mods and he is also about to install larger turbo's! Just thought I would keep you informed.
Old 05-06-2002, 08:14 AM

Originally posted by nvmymax2
Oh yeah Matt, I have been meaning to tell you. The stealth from Hattiesburg is now running mid 11's. Some how he is doing this with no different mods and he is also about to install larger turbo's! Just thought I would keep you informed.
Out of my league...
Old 05-06-2002, 10:24 AM

Sup Guys,
Hey Cumalot sorry I didn't see ya up there. Man I was tore up from the ride. Trailering really sux. Yup car still aint running but getting closer. It was cool to meet some other ORG members.
We got like 2 maybe 3 hours of sleep from Sat 2:30am to Sunday 9pm.
I'm still a little sleepy, oh well.

Yea the show wasn't very big like I'd hope it would be. We got best Krew again which was pretty cool. I'll post pix soon.

Hey Nv did you get home ok? Any news on the Max?
Man your ride is sweet!!!! And congrats on the beating the GS!!!
Old 05-06-2002, 11:38 AM

Originally posted by Uncle Max
Sup Guys,
Hey Cumalot sorry I didn't see ya up there. Man I was tore up from the ride. Trailering really sux. Yup car still aint running but getting closer. It was cool to meet some other ORG members.
We got like 2 maybe 3 hours of sleep from Sat 2:30am to Sunday 9pm.
I'm still a little sleepy, oh well.

Yea the show wasn't very big like I'd hope it would be. We got best Krew again which was pretty cool. I'll post pix soon.

It was cool to see your car anyway. Also, that part of the dome where you parked was kind of dark, I wanted to get a better look of the turbo setup. Should have brought a flashlight.
Old 05-06-2002, 11:55 AM

It was cool to see your car anyway. Also, that part of the dome where you parked was kind of dark, I wanted to get a better look of the turbo setup. Should have brought a flashlight.
Yea we weren't too happy with that location. maybe next time I'll have it ready and take folks for rides when i visit.
Old 05-06-2002, 12:04 PM

Originally posted by Uncle Max
Sup Guys,

Hey Nv did you get home ok? Any news on the Max?
Man your ride is sweet!!!! And congrats on the beating the GS!!!
Yeah we made it home in one piece eventhough I wanted to kick my car!! I have checked and double-checked all of the vacuum lines and I still can't get the car to run right. The car hasn't thrown any codes, so my next assumption is that my MAF might have gone bad! And about beating that GS, I am still pumped!

Talk to ya later!
Old 05-06-2002, 04:15 PM

Originally posted by JAY25
The event is on the 26 of May in Capitol Race Way. Its racing and car show. I might go and do maybe 2 4 runs and I am bringing two coolers I will be placing ice as those other guys did in my engine!!
where is this? a track? id like to put on my stockies and see what times my stock one can do or leave on the 20s and just watch maybe