General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Well Went to the autobody to pick up my car.

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2002, 05:02 AM

Well Went to the autobody to pick up my car.

One of my little brothers friend, the moron that he is backed up into my car and crushed the drivers side door.. I figured what the hell might as well get the stillen kit and get it installed while my car is in the body shop.. Many problems with this kids insurance, and he knows not to come around me anymore or I will blast him.. Well to make a long story short and worse, I go pick up my car yesterday.. I see it parked at the autobody looking kind of dull, not much shine at all. I touch the car there is about a 1\2 inch of overspray all over the car, windows and all.. I cant beleive this focker thought I would take my car like this.. Plus there was a scratch that I never had.. The kit was painted like shiet, no shine.. Well I left my car there.. I told the guy there is no way I'm taking it like this.. He is a very reputable guy too.. Well just hope I don't see the kid who hit my car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-09-2002, 08:46 AM

Re: Well Went to the autobody to pick up my car.

Originally posted by 98maxse
One of my little brothers friend, the moron that he is backed up into my car and crushed the drivers side door.. I figured what the hell might as well get the stillen kit and get it installed while my car is in the body shop.. Many problems with this kids insurance, and he knows not to come around me anymore or I will blast him.. Well to make a long story short and worse, I go pick up my car yesterday.. I see it parked at the autobody looking kind of dull, not much shine at all. I touch the car there is about a 1\2 inch of overspray all over the car, windows and all.. I cant beleive this focker thought I would take my car like this.. Plus there was a scratch that I never had.. The kit was painted like shiet, no shine.. Well I left my car there.. I told the guy there is no way I'm taking it like this.. He is a very reputable guy too.. Well just hope I don't see the kid who hit my car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
damn that sucks
Old 05-09-2002, 09:15 AM

did the insurance pay for your kit to be installed and paintd as well?
Old 05-09-2002, 10:27 AM

Man I hope it comes out looking all right in the end.

SuDZ
Old 05-09-2002, 02:12 PM

Re: Well Went to the autobody to pick up my car.

Originally posted by 98maxse
I don't understand body shops at all. Is there any such thing as a good job? Let's be honest, anyone with a good eye can spot bodywork. If allowed to touch the car with their hands all body work can be discovered by a pro. My friend has a 2000 car which had a door and front fender replaced and repainted. 6 months later some paint peeled off. He got it redone but doesn't care that much since the car is leased. Common sense says body work is not something where you can get too much quality. margins are huge--any redoing of work cuts into the margin though I bet they can redo the same thing 4 times before they break even. But IMHO when you refuse to take the car the way it is they automatically make you wait and don't necessarily do it any better, there's zero incentive. Wouldn't it be just like the movie "Roadtrip" where the dude complained he didn't want powdered sugar on his French toast??
Old 05-09-2002, 02:50 PM
i SeE what you did therE

dam that suxd...
Old 05-13-2002, 06:03 AM

The reason I was so ****ed and didn't take the car back is because I know the person who owns the autobody.. It turns out that his worker is the one who messed it up.. Complaining actually made the job turn out perfect.. Also I got a free full detail out of it. I am happy to say that my kit is on and everything looks good.. No overspray and a car that is cleaner than I have ever seen it.. Best part is that I could now drive around with my window open and I don't have to climb into my car through the passenger side...