General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

carpet questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2002, 12:32 AM

carpet questions

how is the carpet held in place on a 97? are there any clips or anything holding it down? I want to replace my tan carpet with something darker like grey but I dont want to get stuck in the process of trying to put my whole dash back together in the middle of the night. thanks.

btw does anyone know where and how much would a new carpet floor cost?
Old 05-10-2002, 04:40 AM
Former Sponsor

the carpet is kinda shaped to fit your car... i'm not sure how they did that hehe kinda like starch... just take out your dash your door sills the seats the rear seats and you'll see a few clips its not hard to take it out...

what you might consider doing is replacing it with a thicker grade carpet... I'm, sure you can find the material at a carpet store or something

mingo used extra thick carpeting on his car it is umm very plush hehe and it supposedly blocks off more noise
Old 05-10-2002, 10:27 PM

Originally posted by carnal_c30
the carpet is kinda shaped to fit your car... i'm not sure how they did that hehe kinda like starch... just take out your dash your door sills the seats the rear seats and you'll see a few clips its not hard to take it out...

what you might consider doing is replacing it with a thicker grade carpet... I'm, sure you can find the material at a carpet store or something

mingo used extra thick carpeting on his car it is umm very plush hehe and it supposedly blocks off more noise
thanks. Do you know how much Mingo paid for the carpet? Did he do the instal himself? or is it something that I should take to the shop? thanks. I looked at my carpet and it kinda looks like its pre-formed with some sort of rubber material.