General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

New Orleans Micro Meet

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2000, 09:36 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Today Cumallot (Michael) and I got together at my house for a Maxima show and tell. It was nice to get together with another Maxima enthusiast. His ride looks wicked with those 18" wheels! We may also do a few install projects together.

Hopefully next time we can get some more New Orleans Maxima enthusist to show up, if their are any? Heck I'd even like to see other Nissan enthusist get involved.

Fun morning!
Old 11-29-2000, 10:34 AM

Micro meet? Good description. Meeting MadriGrasMax(Matt) was nice. His car might look stock, but I can tell you, it packs a punch; not like me, all looks, and no punch. I took a ride in Matt's Maxima, and it was very nice. I'm impressed that Matt did practically all the work on the car himself. I say that because I for one, am not mechanically incline to do that. For sure, I would also like to see more Maxima/Nissan enthusiasts around here, and maybe meet up. And Matt, I hope you didn't mind that I was coughing all over, and my voice doesn't normally sound like that. I'm still a bit under the weather. I had a good time.

Doug: how you been? Still hanging around the O/T.net? I don't hang there anymore, this is my home now. Btw, where are you from? I have some connections if you want some beads.
Old 11-29-2000, 02:38 PM

hey what not come down to Baton Rouge...

and have a meet at lightningmotorsports. all we have at LSU are freakin hondas and a lot of big-*** trucks. i've seen two other slightly modified Maximas besides me. i'm beginning to think maxima enthusiasts don't exist in this state .
Old 11-29-2000, 03:05 PM

Re: hey what not come down to Baton Rouge...

Originally posted by seven
and have a meet at lightningmotorsports. all we have at LSU are freakin hondas and a lot of big-*** trucks. i've seen two other slightly modified Maximas besides me. i'm beginning to think maxima enthusiasts don't exist in this state .
Yea, I was talking to Michael about doing some dyno runs at Lightning, their rates are great $99 for the first hour and $69 for each additional hour. They have a wide band O2 for tuning also, so I want to test the NOS. I was thinking in early January that we could head up their. Want to split up some dyno time Seven?
Old 11-29-2000, 03:08 PM

Doug

Originally posted by doug
if I go you gonna hook me up with some beads?
If you bring a chick with big h**ters I would be glad to bestow her with some BIG A** BEEDS, Its a tradition dont ya know! LOL
Old 11-29-2000, 03:17 PM

i'm almost ashamed to say this....

but i have no mods to my engine to justify a dyno :O but let me know when you guys come down and i'll meet you guys there. i'll talk to Dalton at lightning about the dyno. hey mardigrasmax, you ever been to the sonic boom in new orleans?
Old 11-29-2000, 03:24 PM

Re: i'm almost ashamed to say this....

but i have no mods to my engine to justify a dyno :O but let me know when you guys come down and i'll meet you guys there. i'll talk to Dalton at lightning about the dyno. hey mardigrasmax, you ever been to the sonic boom in new orleans?
Sure I get some bits for my NOS System from Sonic Boom. they owner is a nice guy, but they are way Honda oriented. I do most of my own work so I dint really go to see them too often. If I had a honda (beat me dead with a limp noodle please) I would go by their often.

I was thinking that we could mabye do it in cunjunction with a day or night of drag racing at State Capitol drag way? Have you been out their? Is it a nice track? When is their general admission test and tune or bracket racing days and times?

Thanks for talking to Dalton, I ordered my RT cat from him. He's a good fella!

L8R
Old 11-29-2000, 04:20 PM

Re: hey what not come down to Baton Rouge...

That would be cool. Don't feel bad having no mods Seven. All I got are comestic, no real performance mods. Although we don't really have any mods, we can still go on the dyno, and have some fun. You're right about not seeing many modified Maximas around. I don't see many here in New Orleans either. I only know one Maxima driver that lives in the N.O.East that has a really hooked up Maxima.