General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

am i the only one who thinks this??

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2002, 05:40 PM
lgsmaximaman

am i the only one who thinks this??

ok so i am driving thru town tonight, and there is a fair in town so it brings out all the goons with hondas and acuras and such, so i pull up to a light and there was all the kids hanging out with their cars at this car wash, so i stop and they come up to the car in traffic and they are like hey man and they are touching it and stuff, so i was like WTF get away from my car, so the light turns green, and i go about my business, and i am about amile down the road and gettting on the highway, and i hear 5 cars come up behind me , i look in the rearview and there are the kids on my ***, so i punch in 2nd around 3.5k and it takes off like a mothaf******, i quickly put some lengths on them they were about 3-4 lengths back all the way to 110 then my car jsut pulled all the way to 6k, so good kills 5 kills at once??

but know my point why do kids think because they do up a car they own the world, it is a hobby and i seriously think only us on the .org know this, maybe it is just me but these kids with hondas that start trouble **** me off, u guys?? you think it is because we drive more sophisticated cars and in turn act that way, or is it just because we do it for the love of doing it and not to show off??

sorry so long jsut my .02 or .25 LOL

Old 05-16-2002, 05:46 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Some people here show off too.
Old 05-16-2002, 05:53 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Re: am i the only one who thinks this??

Originally posted by lgsmaximaman
maybe it is just me but these kids with hondas that start trouble **** me off, u guys??
it goes both ways...there just tend to be more young immature(even older ones) who act like ******...but don't generalize I know plenty of no-nonsense, mature Honda guys too!!

you think it is because we drive more sophisticated cars and in turn act that way, or is it just because we do it for the love of doing it and not to show off??
you haven't been around here too long....
Old 05-16-2002, 07:49 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

i do somewhat i agree, becuz it seems people buy a maxima cuz they know what it can do opposed to the everyone has it idea. i just dont think our car is a bandwagon thing, im only 18 and it would seem ideal for me to get some 2 door fast lookin car, but i like having a car that has competive times, looooots of room, and looks classy. i just think we look at more then looks when buyin this car.
Old 05-17-2002, 12:37 AM

I agree, I jsut turned 19. I like the car cause its fun to drive and I have lotsa friends I can shove in the back and go places. And when people want to race, Its fun and I dont care if I lose. Its a hobby to me.
Old 05-17-2002, 01:27 AM
Maxima owner since 2000

i like the max for the engine... and the backseat.
Old 05-17-2002, 02:48 AM

Re: am i the only one who thinks this??

Originally posted by lgsmaximaman
ok so i am driving thru town tonight, and there is a fair in town so it brings out all the goons with hondas and acuras and such, so i pull up to a light and there was all the kids hanging out with their cars at this car wash, so i stop and they come up to the car in traffic and they are like hey man and they are touching it and stuff, so i was like WTF get away from my car, so the light turns green, and i go about my business, and i am about amile down the road and gettting on the highway, and i hear 5 cars come up behind me , i look in the rearview and there are the kids on my ***, so i punch in 2nd around 3.5k and it takes off like a mothaf******, i quickly put some lengths on them they were about 3-4 lengths back all the way to 110 then my car jsut pulled all the way to 6k, so good kills 5 kills at once??

but know my point why do kids think because they do up a car they own the world, it is a hobby and i seriously think only us on the .org know this, maybe it is just me but these kids with hondas that start trouble **** me off, u guys?? you think it is because we drive more sophisticated cars and in turn act that way, or is it just because we do it for the love of doing it and not to show off??

sorry so long jsut my .02 or .25 LOL
if some punk bishes were touchin my car I'd have to fuc some bish up!
Old 05-17-2002, 05:38 AM
lgsmaximaman

Re: Re: am i the only one who thinks this??

Originally posted by DA-MAX
[B]

it goes both ways...there just tend to be more young immature(even older ones) who act like ******...but don't generalize I know plenty of no-nonsense, mature Honda guys too!!

you haven't been around here too long....
DA-MAX: i apologize for generalizing i was caught in the moment i have some friends with hondas as well that are no nonsense jsut like to mod and have fun, like me so i hear what u are saying it is just a few bad apples that give that impression..

NOT NEW NEW SN: I agree with you as well that we look for something that we know is a little more classy than what everyone else has. b/c i as well am 19 and i am the only one with a max in town, that i know of at least, and the hondas always laugh at me when i drive by, but hey to each his own right.....

thanks for letting me vent guys!!

Old 05-17-2002, 06:44 AM

I totally agree. Around my area, alot of Hondas and Acuras who think they're the cream of the crop because they spent some money on a plastic kit and a goya can exhaust. When I see them trying to race me , I just laugh a bit, then push it a bit and let them be gone on me, my friends all say I shouldn't do this and that I should smoke them, but If I am going to be speeding and risking getting a ticket I'd rather be racing something that will make me work.

The other day, I got smoked by a Civic .

Regular looking Civic(from behind).He had lightweight rims and a bunch of gauges.So I floor it next to him and next thing I know I hear one of the loudest downshifts of my life the turbos sounded like a small jet plane and the guy was out.I caught up to him in traffic and pulled him over. Guy was a cop, he showed me time slips , 12.03 on the 1/4 at Etown.I figured it had be fast as hell, cuz I was gunning my 2k2 and he went around me like nothing.

NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL A CIVIC.

And he had no rice stuff on it, looked stock from behind except for the fact he had no exhaust in his rear, his exhaust was on the sides of the car customized into the rear fender.
Old 05-17-2002, 03:12 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

everyone thinks they're acting out the fast n furious
Old 05-17-2002, 03:47 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Originally posted by NickStam
everyone thinks they're acting out the fast n furious
Ricer#1: "no, I wanna be Vin Disel!!!!"

Ricer#2: "no you were Vin Disel last week, you have to be the chick today!"

Old 05-17-2002, 03:54 PM
I'm needing a caw

Originally posted by DA-MAX

Ricer#1: "no, I wanna be Vin Disel!!!!"

Ricer#2: "no you were Vin Disel last week, you have to be the chick today!"

Old 05-17-2002, 05:00 PM

Not that there is anything wrong with it, but I really don't think there is a lot of difference between them and some of the people on this board.

I think it is just the difference between a gearhead and a riceboy.

Riceboys put stuff on their car because it "looks cool" or "looks fast" while not really doing anything for performance or functionality.

Gearheads do things to go faster or add function.

This is a generalization of course and there are some that will be a mix of the two. I also don't know that Riceboy is a good word, but I can't think of anything else.

For instance... I think clear corners look cheap. The diamond cuts look OK I guess. Clear tail lights? BARF. Windshield washer LEDs ...and I already had the huge rim being pointless argument here months ago.

The performance stuff I don't bother with too much... my car is mostly stock... if I wanted fast I would build a Supra, I think I could build one cheap and not bother with how it looks.

Most of the people on this board would probably think my opinion stinks... it matches well with the "Opinions are like a**-holes, everyone has one." Well mine stinks like one I guess.
Old 05-17-2002, 05:44 PM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

Originally posted by Entropy
Not that there is anything wrong with it, but I really don't think there is a lot of difference between them and some of the people on this board.

I think it is just the difference between a gearhead and a riceboy.

Riceboys put stuff on their car because it "looks cool" or "looks fast" while not really doing anything for performance or functionality.

Gearheads do things to go faster or add function.

This is a generalization of course and there are some that will be a mix of the two. I also don't know that Riceboy is a good word, but I can't think of anything else.

For instance... I think clear corners look cheap. The diamond cuts look OK I guess. Clear tail lights? BARF. Windshield washer LEDs ...and I already had the huge rim being pointless argument here months ago.

The performance stuff I don't bother with too much... my car is mostly stock... if I wanted fast I would build a Supra, I think I could build one cheap and not bother with how it looks.

Most of the people on this board would probably think my opinion stinks... it matches well with the "Opinions are like a**-holes, everyone has one." Well mine stinks like one I guess.
Actually, I agree. Well said.

But that's JMO too
Old 05-17-2002, 08:12 PM

Preach it! There really is an abundance of nimrods whose only concept of building a nice car is a wierd paint job, a giant wing, and huge rims. If cars were meant to simply look nice, they'd be lawn ornaments, not a means of transportation. I'm not saying you should let your car look like a rusty bucket of bolts, rather, that the emphasis should be on character. And I'll admit, I think some rice rockets actually look decent, and there are some big block muscle cars that look absolutely ridiculous. I guess it's just a matter of perspective.

PS - I think the Org is getting better every day. A couple of months ago, when the forums were undergoing some changes, that original post would have surely gotten a flame. Maybe we've gotten rid of all the trouble makers, or people are just lazy, but I think it's great how we can all have a civilized conversation, each respecting others' views. Well done.
Old 05-17-2002, 10:25 PM

im just tryin to work from the inside out becuz i feel.. why do a bunch of stuff to the outside... i cant see the outside while im driving!! but anything i do performance wise i get to feel and use. im one of those people who just like to drive for the fact of using all 4 appendages in unison and make it an art form, call me a dork, i just get a smile on my face from doin performance mods even though i dont have much, they are noticeable.
Old 05-18-2002, 09:12 AM

Originally posted by NotNew!!NewSN!!
im just tryin to work from the inside out becuz i feel.. why do a bunch of stuff to the outside... i cant see the outside while im driving!! but anything i do performance wise i get to feel and use. im one of those people who just like to drive for the fact of using all 4 appendages in unison and make it an art form, call me a dork, i just get a smile on my face from doin performance mods even though i dont have much, they are noticeable.
I can relate to that...

...I just like DRIVING. Driving around with the radio off just to hear the car and the road... not driving fast to race or get there faster, but just because I like to drive fast.

I think it really is the simple things in life...
Old 05-18-2002, 09:50 PM

I must say, i had a 97 accord, which i loved, she was my baby.. and alot of other honda and acura drivers act a little wierd with there rides. I am not knoking them, they do have some nice mods done to them, and some of them if done right can really move. But to act like a bunch of little kids, that is uncalled for. I have much love for my fellow honda/acura riders, but grow up. I always said this even when i had my honda. But now i am a MAX driver, and i am hooked. This is the best bang for the buck. My 2002 maxima SE if wonderful, i love it, and it now blows those tricked out honda/acura families out of the water. go figure, a fairly stock max, except a K&N drop in destoys these wanna be show offs.

This is not meant for those respectful Honda family riders.