General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Slowest aftermarket turbo car

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2002, 08:28 AM

Slowest aftermarket turbo car

CIVIC! A friend of mines boyfriend has a Civic with intake, headers, exhaust, and a Greddy T3 turbo w/Greddy BOV. He said he was running 11psi but his gauges werent hooked up. Omg I would have expected so much more out of this car. The RPMS would fly up sooo fast but the car barely moved. It seemed like riding a bicycle too fastin first gear where you pedal really fast and it doesn't move. I think my VG really could have ran with it, LOL. Maybe not, but it wouldn't have beaten by much. Any 5spd VE or 5spd 4th/5th would kill this car. Soo much money that gay had put into the car and it's still so slow. I don't see why they even try? Are all boosted civics this bad?

PJ
Old 05-18-2002, 08:45 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

is his car tuned up or he just installed that? thats weird those cars are lighter then ours, on that same note bad I am about to make a bad comparison but have seen a supercharged integra run 14.2, I would think a turbo civic would be just as fast!!!
Old 05-18-2002, 09:10 AM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

What kind of civic? EX with a turbo kit?
Old 05-18-2002, 09:15 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

how do you know he was TRULY running 11psi???? and you can boost all you want but if you're running untuned you're not getting the full "hit" of possible power!
Old 05-18-2002, 09:17 AM

Originally posted by 1MAX2NV
What kind of civic? EX with a turbo kit?
Yes this is an important question. Although we all know it was not an Si.
-Cyrus
Old 05-18-2002, 09:21 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Originally posted by Vyrus
Although we all know it was not an Si.
why?? I guess you've never seen a SC'd SI run back to back 15.4's then !!!
Old 05-18-2002, 09:23 AM

Originally posted by DA-MAX

why?? I guess you've never seen a SC'd SI run back to back 15.4's then !!!
No I haven't! What was his problem? Votech High-Output Si S/C adds 117hp.
-Cyrus
Old 05-18-2002, 09:28 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Originally posted by Vyrus
No I haven't! What was his problem? Votech High-Output Si S/C adds 117hp.
-Cyrus
Brand new civic SI + 117hp SC + a EXTREMELY bad driver = an embarrasing time at the trak

he claimed to had just gotten the car a few days ago and threw on the SC to boot...he should have saved his money and retook Drivers Ed!
Old 05-18-2002, 09:34 AM
Administrator

Adam aka MY4DSC was running 12's with his 11 PSI Turbo Civic EX..

ither that guys clutch is slipping or his is not running more than 4 PSI
Old 05-18-2002, 09:54 AM
Very sound, Mike

So far the only Civic (IMHO) worth giving the utmost respect to is that one which ran a top speed of 184mph and broke 3 land speed records in North America... can't quite recall who's project car it was though.
Old 05-18-2002, 09:57 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Originally posted by soundmike
So far the only Civic (IMHO) worth giving the utmost respect to is that one which ran a top speed of 184mph and broke 3 land speed records in North America... can't quite recall who's project car it was though.
I think the AEM civic is pretty respectable too...one of the first 8 second import FWD drag cars! the 8.8 second Apexi Integra is pretty impressive as well...for FWD cars nearing 200mph passes in the 1/4th, thats amazing!!!!
Old 05-18-2002, 11:07 AM

There is actually a guy around my area with a 10second four door integra... Crap loads of mod and a jackson supercharger. His car is freaking bad ***.
Old 05-18-2002, 11:12 AM

Re: Slowest aftermarket turbo car

Originally posted by speednsound007
A friend of mines boyfriend has a Civic. Soo much money that gay had put into the car and it's still so slow.

Old 05-18-2002, 12:30 PM
STFU n00b!

I take it you guys didn't see the thread on the Vette forums where a Civic guy called out a C5 owner (after numerous tauntings) and finally raced him. whipped the vette's a$$.
and it looked like a total sleeper too. only thing I saw on the outside of the car were nice looking rims. 16s, maybe 17s. black w/ tinted windows. looked scary to me. Then he fires it up and runs 11s all day long.
Old 05-18-2002, 12:32 PM

Don't know about the car

what model it was I was just really surprised that any car with all these aftermarket parts can run so slow! His clutch seemed fine, he said he was sponsored by clutchmasters...So you guys think this is an isolated sucky civic or are a lot of them like that?

PJ
Old 05-18-2002, 12:33 PM

Originally posted by Matt93SE
I take it you guys didn't see the thread on the Vette forums where a Civic guy called out a C5 owner (after numerous tauntings) and finally raced him. whipped the vette's a$$.
and it looked like a total sleeper too. only thing I saw on the outside of the car were nice looking rims. 16s, maybe 17s. black w/ tinted windows. looked scary to me. Then he fires it up and runs 11s all day long.
That civic was only running 13's and the C5 owner did not know how to drive.
Old 05-18-2002, 12:47 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Re: Don't know about the car

he said he was sponsored by clutchmasters...
hmmmmmmm......is he really sposored, or does he have a huge Clutchmasters sticker and claims that they sponsor him!

and don't let this guys car fool you...majority turbo civics I've seen are not slow...its totally dependent on amount of boost and tuning same as any other turbo'd car! like was said, chances are he's BS'ing about the maount of boost he's running ....maybe 11psi means 4 psi in "Ricer Language"...
Old 05-18-2002, 01:27 PM

Re: Don't know about the car

what model it was I was just really surprised that any car with all these aftermarket parts can run so slow! His clutch seemed fine, he said he was sponsored by clutchmasters...So you guys think this is an isolated sucky civic or are a lot of them like that?

PJ
If he was sponsored he would have his car tuned to the T! I wouldn't believe him.
I would give props the the Venom civic, bastard smoked me on my GSXR 600 when I was first starting to run the 1/4. My starts killed me and only was able to hit 12's. The Venom ran like low 9s at the time.
Old 05-18-2002, 02:25 PM

Re: Re: Don't know about the car

hmmmmmmm......is he really sposored, or does he have a huge Clutchmasters sticker and claims that they sponsor him!

and don't let this guys car fool you...majority turbo civics I've seen are not slow...its totally dependent on amount of boost and tuning same as any other turbo'd car! like was said, chances are he's BS'ing about the maount of boost he's running ....maybe 11psi means 4 psi in "Ricer Language"...
haha I don't know this guy he might have been shady and just making up the sponsored crap, but I doubt it. He had a lot of crap on his car so I wouldn't be too surprised. The only REALLY weird thing is his engine was dirty as hell it looked like he welded the turbo on himself. Yea and probably not 11psi, couldn't check cuz his gauges weren't hooked up. He said last weekend he had it to 22 psi, I don't know about all that...wouldn't his civic's engine go bye bye.

PJ
Old 05-18-2002, 02:29 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Re: Re: Re: Don't know about the car

He said last weekend he had it to 22 psi, I don't know about all that...wouldn't his civic's engine go bye bye.
okay some one call an ambulance before my head explodes from laughing so hard!!!!!!!!! x 100

ummmm, yeah 22psi on the Civic stock block......how does he know what PSI he is doing if he has no guage?? and what type of BC is he using???
Old 05-18-2002, 02:35 PM

lol, hell if I know

The guy was a ***get so I wasn't going to try and argue wether or not he could really run 22psi to him...You know he'd just pull out some BS response anyways. He said he had heads and pistons so it could boost that much, but from the looks of the dirty *** engine I don't think so.

PJ
Old 05-18-2002, 02:38 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Re: lol, hell if I know

He said he had heads and pistons so it could boost that much, but from the looks of the dirty *** engine I don't think so.
I call BS even more...pistons are important in a high boost setup, but even more are some high strength rods, if he knew his ****, I doubt he'd forget to mention them!

but anyways if he does have all that stuff, he should feel stupid for spending all that money and having a slow *** car!
Old 05-18-2002, 02:50 PM

Re: Re: lol, hell if I know

he should feel stupid for spending all that money and having a slow *** car!
That's my point exactly! He should have supercharged a max instead! Stupid ricer...

PJ
Old 05-18-2002, 02:55 PM

For these civics to run 10s and even 8s, don't they need a sh!tload of NAWWWZZZZZZ? Also, can I get a link to that C5 vs the Civic? I remember they raced 3 times and the civ won 2 out of 3
Old 05-19-2002, 06:25 PM

OK- as far as civics, at home we have an overflow of mod'd civics as I'm sure everyone else does. When I first got home w/ my 5spd conversion, there was a civicSI laughing at me at a redlight, (this is what made my 5spd conversion worth it more then being able to shift, and the clutch).. he revved, I heard his BOV, we raced, I beat him by about 2cars.. he was ****ED and wouldn't believe me when I denied having a supercharger (i dont).. he said he was turboed, duh-i heard it, and was sooo mad.

an un-tuned SI w/ turbo will run very poor times, magazines have talked about this. a tuned SI w/ turbo will run very good times.. its the same thing w/ eclipse GSX/GST's.. they can put on a big 16g or 18g all day long and we can still beat them (I have done it MANY times...) until they get it all tuned right (very few of them do).. that is why i take my chances racing them -

now i do have to give credit where credit is do for civics (which i hate).. there is a SI with turbo at home (louisville) that claims he can run low 13's.. I dont remember what he dynoed, but very impressive. From 40mph, he can walk me all day (which makes me sad.. its a civic), but off the line, 1st gear is dead even - and he can never get traction... even on the 2nd gear shift he spins sooooooo bad its like he was launching off the line at redline, its funny - the best time he's gotten at the track I believe is a 15.9 b/c of traction, so once again, take your chances racing them b/c even if they are fast, many of them can't drive them.

thats my 2cents..

oh yeah, my disclaimer - every once in a while you will have your *** handed to you by a civic if you try racing them.. and that SUCKS. there are definately some out there that are very fast and the drivers know how to run them, just very very uncommon (from my personal experience.. which is lotsss)
Old 05-19-2002, 06:59 PM
SLOW

This thread is so full of misinformation and lies its not even funny.
Old 05-19-2002, 07:47 PM

Don't just call us out like that with no details...

Originally posted by Nealoc187
This thread is so full of misinformation and lies its not even funny.
Point something out then bro! "School us master!"

PJ
Old 05-19-2002, 08:31 PM

Re: Slowest aftermarket turbo car

If his car is revving fast and it doesn't move, then the clutch is messed up. If the clutch is hooking up, then the car
shouldn't be slow.

And if he has a turbo, then he doesn't have headers or an intake, that's all part of the turbo setup.

If he has no gauges, then he has no idea what he's boosting. it's not like and SC where you know pulley size and boost level.

And trust me, a boosted Civic that's tuned and has a good driver is crazy.

CIVIC! A friend of mines boyfriend has a Civic with intake, headers, exhaust, and a Greddy T3 turbo w/Greddy BOV. He said he was running 11psi but his gauges werent hooked up. Omg I would have expected so much more out of this car. The RPMS would fly up sooo fast but the car barely moved. It seemed like riding a bicycle too fastin first gear where you pedal really fast and it doesn't move. I think my VG really could have ran with it, LOL. Maybe not, but it wouldn't have beaten by much. Any 5spd VE or 5spd 4th/5th would kill this car. Soo much money that gay had put into the car and it's still so slow. I don't see why they even try? Are all boosted civics this bad?

PJ
Old 05-20-2002, 11:01 AM

There's just too many factors involved to say for sure. You can't just slap a bunch of parts together and expect to get XX.X time. At the track this weekend, I got lined up against a motor-swapped civic with all sorts of work done. He either had a B16 or B18 swap (I forget, but his valve cover said DOHC and it looked bigger than B16's that I've seen). He had a gutted interior, drag slicks, and a roll cage, and musta had cams cause his car was idling like CRAP. I mean he couldn't hold going from the staging area to the burnout pit. His car was SO loud, I could feel the vibration from his car in my car with the windows rolled up and my helmet on. In the end it didn't help him though, he was doing something wrong cause he ran a 15.2 to my 15.0 =P.. He won though cause of reaction time, but man it must suck to put that much work into your car only to have a stock 4 door beat your time...

In other words... racing civics is like a box of chocalates... you never know what you're going to get.

It might be a 11 second naturally aspirated civic, or it might be a 16 second turbo SI
Old 05-20-2002, 11:19 AM

Originally posted by Matt93SE