General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

suspension question..need advice!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2002, 09:00 PM

suspension question..need advice!!!

im kind of thinking about not ordering the modified kyb's from cattman for my 2001 maxima.....since NOPI is in atlanta near me.....i went there and they had tokicos......right now i have eibach springs and stock shocks.....what kind of difference in ride quality will ground control coilovers and tokicos be from my current setup of eibach springs and stock shocks?...is GC and tokico a good setup?....opinions on anyone who has this setup?.....thank you

albert

Old 05-24-2002, 09:13 PM

Re: suspension question..need advice!!!

Originally posted by rob van dam
im kind of thinking about not ordering the modified kyb's from cattman for my 2001 maxima.....since NOPI is in atlanta near me.....i went there and they had tokicos......right now i have eibach springs and stock shocks.....what kind of difference in ride quality will ground control coilovers and tokicos be from my current setup of eibach springs and stock shocks?...is GC and tokico a good setup?....opinions on anyone who has this setup?.....thank you

albert

stay away from GC!!! - ride quality is horrible - and the AGX's are better than tokico
Old 05-24-2002, 10:44 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

albert

Groundcontrols make your car look nice, but I cant comment on the ride quality since I dont have them on my car. Stay away from Tockicos they eventually go bad.
Old 05-25-2002, 10:18 AM
lcf

albert

bro do what im doing. get the maxspeeds for now and keep your stock struts. it may be ****ty but use them and save up for the JICs. i'll have them by the end of the summer. ya cant be $85+ shipping (to your zipcode).

Old 05-25-2002, 02:17 PM

Re: Re: suspension question..need advice!!!

Originally posted by lcf
bro do what im doing. get the maxspeeds for now and keep your stock struts. it may be ****ty but use them and save up for the JICs. i'll have them by the end of the summer. ya cant be $85+ shipping (to your zipcode).

geeeez...did you read my post!!!...can't you see that i have eibachs......i want to drop lower...and since eibachs drop lower then maxspeeds anyway.....why would i want maxspeeds!!!...come on my friend...think...
Old 05-25-2002, 02:56 PM
lcf

of course these #s are approximate but:

Inches (front/back)
Eibach 1.3, 1.0 (stiff)
H&R 1.4, 1.3 (near stock)
Progress 1.7, 1.5 (near stock)
Intrax 1.75 all around
Sprint 2.0 all around (stiff)
B&G 1.6, 1.6
Ground Controls adjustable (very stiff)
MaxSpeed 1.7, 1.4 (near stock)

and all the maxspeed owners are saying that they are settling more. doesnt this make it more of a drop than the eibachs?

*shrug*

but i agree with you. doesnt make sense to get the maxspeeds when you already have aftermarket springs. just save up for JICs... or get air if youre not way into performance.

Old 05-25-2002, 03:33 PM

welll...

Originally posted by lcf
of course these #s are approximate but:

Inches (front/back)
Eibach 1.3, 1.0 (stiff)
H&R 1.4, 1.3 (near stock)
Progress 1.7, 1.5 (near stock)
Intrax 1.75 all around
Sprint 2.0 all around (stiff)
B&G 1.6, 1.6
Ground Controls adjustable (very stiff)
MaxSpeed 1.7, 1.4 (near stock)

and all the maxspeed owners are saying that they are settling more. doesnt this make it more of a drop than the eibachs?

*shrug*

but i agree with you. doesnt make sense to get the maxspeeds when you already have aftermarket springs. just save up for JICs... or get air if youre not way into performance.

well....i see the numbers..but ask ANYONE who has seen my car and i also have picstures to porve it....my car is LOWER....ive even compared my car to a maxima with maxspeed's in person..and its WAY lower.....trust me....JIC's...is a waste for me..i dont need all that adjustibility....ill use that extra money for my dvd screen head unit....and ill get ground controls...