General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Mothers clay bar is amazing! (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2002, 03:24 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Mothers clay bar is amazing! (pics)

I finally got a chance to clay bar the entire car, as well as, use my Meguiars Mirror Show Car Glaze Polish #7 and Mirror Glaze Hi-Tech Yellow Wax #26. All I can say is wow . It's as smooth as glass and looks like it just got a fresh paint job. The only problem is that it took about 5 hours and my hands are swollen and cramping. Tell me what you think.

My car may never be this clean again
Old 05-27-2002, 03:33 PM

SHINY! ...great job man, just hide it from all the birds
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Looks great! I knew people would love Meguiar's "The Professional" series... Isn't it great stuff? Look what it did for me... (that white thing is a reflection from the sky )

-Cyrus

Re: Mothers clay bar is amazing! (pics)

Originally posted by BlancMax
I finally got a chance to clay bar the entire car, as well as, use my Meguiars Mirror Show Car Glaze Polish #7 and Mirror Glaze Hi-Tech Yellow Wax #26. All I can say is wow . It's as smooth as glass and looks like it just got a fresh paint job. The only problem is that it took about 5 hours and my hands are swollen and cramping. Tell me what you think.

My car may never be this clean again
Looks great!

That shine is awesome! I might have to do that someday.
Old 05-27-2002, 03:37 PM

i was gonna buy that today, looks like its back to the store
Old 05-27-2002, 04:32 PM

i did mine a few weeks ago... 7 hours. but its unreal. the paint is better than when i got it from the dealerhsip
Old 05-27-2002, 04:33 PM

Very nice. I'd like to add that Hi-Tech Yellow Wax #26 does not dry white so it is great for dark colored cars that have surface imperfections. Also Show Car Glaze Polish #7 is good but if your want to give another brand a try go with 3M Imperial Hand Glaze.
Old 05-27-2002, 05:44 PM
Blu
the tits

i bought my mothers clay bar saturday and going to do my car tomorrow when i get off work i will post the results
Old 05-27-2002, 08:08 PM

Originally posted by TRUblu2K2
i bought my mothers clay bar saturday and going to do my car tomorrow when i get off work i will post the results

Now that stuff works really good. Quick question do they sell the clay bar by itself? can anyone answer that for me?

Vyrus your car is very shiney!!Vyrus son you did alot of wax on, wax off, clay bar on and off!!

cars look nice and shiney. I got to do that to my car too!!
Old 05-28-2002, 03:30 AM
Blu
the tits

not to my knowledge not the mothers bar anyway you might can get one from a dealer or something though

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JAY25
[B]

Quick question do they sell the clay bar by itself? can anyone answer that for me?
Old 05-28-2002, 09:39 AM

Re: Mothers clay bar is amazing! (pics)

i bought the clay bar many months ago, but never used it. i keep my car waxed more than regularly and it's already smooth and clean.

when u guys are saying this stuff is so amazing, would i benefit if my car is already quite clean and smooth?

i'm actually much more impressed w/ your engine bay! i have a pretty clean engine bay, but yours looks even cleaner! what do you use on yours? i just keep mine rinsed regularly.

kafene.
Old 05-28-2002, 09:58 AM

Re: Re: Mothers clay bar is amazing! (pics)

Originally posted by kafene
i bought the clay bar many months ago, but never used it. i keep my car waxed more than regularly and it's already smooth and clean.

when u guys are saying this stuff is so amazing, would i benefit if my car is already quite clean and smooth?

kafene.
Don't bother with clay unless you can feel grit and specks of dirt in your paint somewhere. Usually this is from tar, industrial fallout, etc and can't wash off, but comes off if you scrape it with your fingernail. Clay will remove this stuff and do nothing else.
Old 05-29-2002, 04:48 AM

Re: Re: Mothers clay bar is amazing! (pics)

Originally posted by kafene

i'm actually much more impressed w/ your engine bay! i have a pretty clean engine bay, but yours looks even cleaner! what do you use on yours? i just keep mine rinsed regularly.

kafene.
My car desperately needed the clay bar treatment. The paint felt very rough and there were various spots and such. As far as the engine bay, I use a very small amount of diluted simple green (and I do mean a small amount) after the engine has been warmed up. I don't use a pressure washer just a garden hose. The secret is to get under the hood and wipe everything down after you rinse off the simple green, because you don't want to leave any residue anywhere. I use a little armour all on the hoses and plastic parts, but I wipe it on, I don't spray it on. Once you clean it like that once it's easy to keep that way. I would really like to try and wax some of the metal, but I would probably have to take off the hood for that. Hope that helps .
Old 05-29-2002, 07:08 AM
Maximaniac

I gotta get me some of that stuff!