General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

100 in a 55

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2002, 06:24 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

100 in a 55

I got a scary experience yesterday, when me and my girl driving down I-75 and this bike kinna **** me off so I push the pedal a little bit and my girl yelled at me. I didn't listen ( I should have ), and the bike changed lane to the inside so I go wot, and holy s. there is a cop right on the next lane and I was doing like 100. I didn't see him until when I was like next to his back door (do'nt know what was wrong, I always on the look out for them) I push on the brake and changed all the way to the inside lane, and he tail gating me for a good 1 min, I was like...oh no...

but.. he changed to the out side lane and honk and drive on...

***promise to myself, listen to girl friend*****
Old 06-05-2002, 06:26 AM
Disco Biscuit

You are such a lucky SOB. Good advice, listen to her from now on.
Old 06-05-2002, 07:20 AM

Re: 100 in a 55

Originally posted by ymNA
I got a scary experience yesterday, when me and my girl driving down I-75 and this bike kinna **** me off so I push the pedal a little bit and my girl yelled at me. I didn't listen ( I should have ), and the bike changed lane to the inside so I go wot, and holy s. there is a cop right on the next lane and I was doing like 100. I didn't see him until when I was like next to his back door (do'nt know what was wrong, I always on the look out for them) I push on the brake and changed all the way to the inside lane, and he tail gating me for a good 1 min, I was like...oh no...

That should tell you to keep your cool around your lady.
Old 06-05-2002, 07:44 AM

he prob ran your plates.. it backfired for me once speeding on a date.. she was not happy.
Old 06-05-2002, 09:38 AM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

last time i did that i was in the celica...i thought i was done but he gave me a BS ticket and i moved on..
Old 06-05-2002, 09:45 AM
STFU n00b!

If you're gonna be dumb, you better be tough.
in this case you just got daaaaamn lucky, boy.
Old 06-05-2002, 09:48 AM
I'm so hood

How's your driving record? I don't get any more of those courtesy no-stops thanks to mine I would think he ran your plates & you were clean, and that he was off to the donut shoppe anyway.

And I always get the added treatment/questions at the end of the stop, thanks to the city wasting money on undercovers rooting out teenage chronic smokers.

Damned instant access to personal history. I feel bad for my friend that's a felon - you should see all of what he has to go through if he gets seen with even like, a headlight/taillight out.
Old 06-05-2002, 09:54 AM
JET Speed Lab

if he pulled you over, your license would be suspended.
Old 06-05-2002, 09:59 AM
Blu
the tits

what if she tells you to speed up and you get a ticket j/k you one lucky motha
Old 06-05-2002, 02:25 PM

no more than 80mph from now on and I know I'm very lucky, cuz I already got 2 speeding tickets (i know i know..shame)but with a corolla . He let me go maybe because the car is registered under my dad.

My girl's birthday is coming up, must thinking of something special...hm...maybe driving at the speed limit on the interstate for an hour with her.
Old 06-05-2002, 03:52 PM

Re: 100 in a 55

Originally posted by ymNA
I got a scary experience yesterday, when me and my girl driving down I-75 and this bike kinna **** me off so I push the pedal a little bit and my girl yelled at me. I didn't listen (I should have ), and the bike changed lane to the inside so I go wot, and holy s. there is a cop right on the next lane and I was doing like 100. I didn't see him until when I was like next to his back door (do'nt know what was wrong, I always on the look out for them) I push on the brake and changed all the way to the inside lane, and he tail gating me for a good 1 min, I was like...oh no...

I think that is bad advice and too simple-minded. Girlfriends are human too, which leaves mucho room for error. They tend to avoid conflict, which is good and bad. In your case, IMHO you must live in a lax state, so you must have been pretty confident that you could get away with driving 45 over the limit. You got away with it, you were right. In New York you would be taken immediately to the district court. Guess what? If it happened to be out of business hours you'd go to the county jail, strip-searched and fingerprinted, and held until they could get a hold of a court justice. That's for 35 over the posted limit. You may even make a few new friends while you're in there.

You have to make your own bed and sleep in it, you can't rely on a girlfriend to hold your hand and tell you what you should or should not do. MAN UP!
Old 06-05-2002, 05:07 PM

I'll never drive more than 10 overr with a lady in the car, I've got a right arm that reminds me everytime I do so...

- M