General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Some Rice Boy Approaches me las nite

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2000 | 09:37 AM

It's even more than cosmetic mods out-weight your performance mods.

I mean, a typical moddedd Maxima, will have:
CAI
Ypipe
Exhaust
STB, RSB
Lowered suspension
17"-18" wheels
and cosmetic mods.

Then you look at a typical modded Honda, it has:
CAI
downpipe
Exhaust
STB, RSB
Lowered suspension
17"-18" wheels
maybe some more because they have alot more mods available at a cheaper price.
and cosmetic mods.

Now, some people here, will say the Maxima is nice, but the Honda is rice, while they are similar modded. Isn't that BS??

Now I know you guys will counter:
1) Honda people slap Si, VTEC, Mugen stickers allover their car.
But don't we slap GT-R badge and NisMO sticker allover too??

2) They have big touring wings.
Some Maxima have it also.

3) The percentage of Honda being ricer is higher.
Because there are way more Honda's out there than Maxima. Thus, you should see more riced out Honda, but you will also see more Honda running 9's-12's.

4) Honda is eco box, it's not meant to be modded to go fast. Maxima has more performance to begin with, so they are rice we are not.
Sure, then in the same theory, in the eyes' of people drive Lexus, Benz, BMW, the Maxima is eco box and has less performance to begin with, so isn't rice?
Old 12-04-2000 | 10:52 AM
Keven97SE

I think all of this is funny coming from a BBS-full of ricers. Folks here always talk smack about "rice Honda boys" and the like when we all know damn well that 90% of the people here do the same lame **** to their cars that the Honda crowd does...

"Hey guys!!! I'm so excited 'cos we're gonna have IS300 tailzzz available soon!!!"

and

"Can I install purple 9000 megawatt headlight bulbs in my car without it smoking the light housings, 'cos I hate the smell of smoke"

and

"I finally managed to re-wire my interior lights and hazard lights to blink with my custom strobes!!!"

and

"Can I fit 25" wheels on my Max? What offset do I need?"

Crap, you all need to shut the hell up and take a look in the mirror and stop bashing the rest of the import crowd.
Old 12-04-2000 | 11:46 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

doug.. i think u need to read ur rules again.. rule #3 & #4

im not gonna even touch that rice comment u made.. muuuwhahahhaa
Old 12-04-2000 | 11:57 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

u win doug.. i still haven't figured what the use of mods is.. so i guess i'll be forced to hook my car up the way u do
Old 12-04-2000 | 07:03 PM

Originally posted by doug
Chris.. i hope your not arguing with me.. because I was supporting your argument..
I was not.
I was further stating my point.
Old 12-05-2000 | 05:44 AM

Back to the top...

For a third day of verbal sparring! Woohoo!

Btw, I'm a ricer too. My only mod so far is interior lights. But whatcha gonna do when you don't have the cash, huh?
Old 12-05-2000 | 07:12 AM
krell

Amen. The only visible exterior mod I have is the exhaust pipe, and that gets me enough negative attention from the local Austin rice boys. #$%#! My friends give me enough crap about the full height Alpine deck I've installed. (Graphic EQ and enough buttons to launch the space shuttle)

Sometimes I wonder what kind of mods people could buy if they spent the money differently. A set of 17" wheels and tires (like 2K for decent lightweight set) would buy all of my performance mods with cash leftover for a sway bar, rstb, cai, etc.... or a V1.

Not to knock wheels, but I got a hell of a lot more go for my buck. And no one sees me coming either. :> Next thing for me will probably be a new set of Michelin Pilots 225/50/16 (wasted my first set due to my heinous driving style) and looking at the Cattman coilovers.

Originally posted by Keven97SE
I think all of this is funny coming from a BBS-full of ricers. Folks here always talk smack about "rice Honda boys" and the like when we all know damn well that 90% of the people here do the same lame **** to their cars that the Honda crowd does...

"Hey guys!!! I'm so excited 'cos we're gonna have IS300 tailzzz available soon!!!"

and

"Can I install purple 9000 megawatt headlight bulbs in my car without it smoking the light housings, 'cos I hate the smell of smoke"

and

"I finally managed to re-wire my interior lights and hazard lights to blink with my custom strobes!!!"

and

"Can I fit 25" wheels on my Max? What offset do I need?"

Crap, you all need to shut the hell up and take a look in the mirror and stop bashing the rest of the import crowd.