General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

V2 owners...ending pulley production

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2002, 09:30 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

V2 owners...ending pulley production

ok ladies and gents...
due to the lack of interest and sales the alum V2 idler and tensioner will end it's production shortly.
if you're interested in buying one before the door closes now is your chance. please PM me and let me know if you want a pulley (either tensioner or idler) and arrange payment.
cost of each pulley is $90.
currently i have one tensioner in stock. if you would like the tensioner i'm ready to ship. all other unit will have a wait time.
the dead line is next friday 6/14/02. at that time the number of pullies that are needed and paid for will be made and production will stop all together.
Dan
P.S. for the people who have already purchased pullies thank you for your support and i hope the pulley is working like expected.
Old 06-06-2002, 09:33 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

http://boostedmaximas.com/y2kevse/im...sioner_pulley/

http://boostedmaximas.com/y2kevse/images/idler_pulley/

So many people said they wanted the pulleys... what happened? Better not complain if your pulley melts.
Old 06-06-2002, 10:19 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Y2KevSE

So many people said they wanted the pulleys... what happened? Better not complain if your pulley melts.
oh man i know this question is dumb..but..im assuming thats a part for you S/C people?..or..is that a pully on my motor itself...
Old 06-06-2002, 10:27 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by chinaonnitrous1

oh man i know this question is dumb..but..im assuming thats a part for you S/C people?..or..is that a pully on my motor itself...
yes thats the pulley off the supercharger. people switch to smaller pullies to get more boost from the sprcrgr. the smaller the pully the faster it turns. i believe they got the aluminum pully because they had trouble with the plastic pully melting.
Old 06-06-2002, 10:31 PM

So many people said they wanted the pulleys... what happened?
Typical org thing....

Erik
Old 06-07-2002, 05:54 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally posted by ChillWill2000

yes thats the pulley off the supercharger. people switch to smaller pullies to get more boost from the sprcrgr. the smaller the pully the faster it turns. i believe they got the aluminum pully because they had trouble with the plastic pully melting.
it's NOT the pulley off the super charger itself.
i believe i did mention it was TENSIONER AND IDLER pullies.
people who have no clue on this product and what it does should refrain from commenting.

just THINK for a second..if the pulley on the SC unit itself was plastic..how long u think that will last? 5 min?
Old 06-07-2002, 05:56 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

everyone wanted one..when it came down to showing some green i heard every excuse in the book.
oh well...the people who have the pullies have a quality made product.
for the ones who do not have them..good luck with ASP's steel pullies.
Old 06-07-2002, 06:01 AM

Originally posted by DanNY

people who have no clue on this product and what it does should refrain from commenting.

just THINK for a second..if the pulley on the SC unit itself was plastic..how long u think that will last? 5 min?
Well if Y2Kev thinks it's a good idea, guess I'm on board. Check your PMs DanNY.

BTW, you started the thread with "V2 owners" so don't get upset if people associate your product with the SC. I for one want performance and speed, but don't know much about what certain pulleys and stuff are for. Forgivunuss, prease.
Old 06-07-2002, 06:14 AM

everyone wanted one..when it came down to showing some green i heard every excuse in the book.
oh well...the people who have the pullies have a quality made product.
for the ones who do not have them..good luck with ASP's steel pullies.
I understand your frustration, but most people here would rather spend $90 on metallic trim or a strobe light than an internal engine piece. Cruising down the street, no one will notice you've got aluminum tensioner and idler pulleys...oooh!
Old 06-07-2002, 06:40 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally posted by Tanmann9

Well if Y2Kev thinks it's a good idea, guess I'm on board. Check your PMs DanNY.

BTW, you started the thread with "V2 owners" so don't get upset if people associate your product with the SC. I for one want performance and speed, but don't know much about what certain pulleys and stuff are for. Forgivunuss, prease.
if you don't know...i'll be happy to answer any questions what so ever.
but for someone to come on here thinking that he knows what's going on and talking like he knows...but have no clue, well that'll end up misleading people.
these pullies are made for V2 owners only (V1 owners have bigger idler pulley and stock tensioner pulley...if it was a SC pulley then it wouldn't just be for V2 owners.

PMed u back.
Old 06-07-2002, 06:43 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

I understand your frustration, but most people here would rather spend $90 on metallic trim or a strobe light than an internal engine piece. Cruising down the street, no one will notice you've got aluminum tensioner and idler pulleys...oooh!
i understand that..but how good are those gonna look when your car is sitting at your local shop, on the back of a tow truck, or in your driveway because the stillen tensioner turned into mush?
at least the pullies are alum...got a satin finish to them. some even have a polished like finish to them.
Old 06-07-2002, 06:46 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally posted by chinaonnitrous1

no questions too dumb...
the two pullies are the tensioner and the idler.
the tensioner in the V2 is the black plastic pulley (red insert) with rails that goes on the OEM tensioner.
the idler pulley in the V2 is the black plastic pulley (black insert) with out rails that goes on the SC plate itself.
Old 06-07-2002, 08:44 AM
RIP '98 Maxima SE

Hey Dan,
I pm'ed you.
Old 06-07-2002, 10:04 AM

Originally posted by BlackCat
Hey Dan,
I pm'ed you.
I have a feeling that it still would have got to him and he would have replied even if you didn't post this
Old 06-07-2002, 10:35 AM
RIP '98 Maxima SE

Originally posted by «§»Craig B«§»

I have a feeling that it still would have got to him and he would have replied even if you didn't post this
When the pullies were first offered I did want them but my lack of funds at the time prevented me from getting them. Now I'm ready.
Old 06-07-2002, 12:28 PM

Originally posted by BlackCat

When the pullies were first offered I did want them but my lack of funds at the time prevented me from getting them. Now I'm ready.

DanNY when how many more pullies are you planning on having at the end of this production?, at this point I just bought the ASP, I was not aware of that of the great quality pulley your making. I am at least going to buy one in the next five weeks, at this point I have a bit low on funds but I will get the last ones in production, both the idler and the tensioner. Also Tanman is not about the aluminum people wont see is the simple fact that your running higher boost and these pullies are high quality pulleys that wont break on you, so is not a show thing hes selling.
Old 06-07-2002, 12:33 PM

Originally posted by JAY25

Also Tanman is not about the aluminum people wont see is the simple fact that your running higher boost and these pullies are high quality pulleys that wont break on you, so is not a show thing hes selling.
Jay, I know, that's why I'm buying both pulleys. I'm just saying some folks here care more about show than go, so they'd rather spend the cash on extra gauges than on the pulleys.

Another reason, there's not that many people with SCs.
Old 06-07-2002, 12:46 PM

I sent you the Green Hopefully this time it gets to you. Thanks for your hard work and for all those with SC'd Maxes or those who plan on getting a SC, this is a very recommended addition to the kit. I actually had my tensioner pulley melt once and it was scary since the belt almost came off...might need another set for a fellow max here in MIA that will be supercharged on Monday, i will give you a call.
Old 06-07-2002, 01:23 PM

Originally posted by jhans114
I sent you the Green Hopefully this time it gets to you. Thanks for your hard work and for all those with SC'd Maxes or those who plan on getting a SC, this is a very recommended addition to the kit. I actually had my tensioner pulley melt once and it was scary since the belt almost came off...might need another set for a fellow max here in MIA that will be supercharged on Monday, i will give you a call.
4th gen or 5th gen S/C?

I got my pulleys a few weeks ago, and they look like they are made of great quality, and look pretty shiny.
Old 06-07-2002, 02:11 PM

Originally posted by The New CLIMAX

4th gen or 5th gen S/C?

I got my pulleys a few weeks ago, and they look like they are made of great quality, and look pretty shiny.
Mine is a 5th gen but you already now that... My friend is actually another 5th gen max...silver on white leather...SE. Hopefully after everything is installed on Wed. he'll post some pics. We gots to welcome him to the force feeding family.
Old 06-07-2002, 05:13 PM

Whoops, sorry for being wrong everyone. I "thought" I knew what I was talking about. I feel a little stupid now. I hope no-one was misinformed by my post!!

Hey by the way Danny...you can take your attitude and go ****k yourself. I dont need some ***gott on the friggen internet to be a smart a$$ and roll his puke eyes at me because I was wrong.
Old 06-07-2002, 07:42 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Whoops, sorry for being wrong everyone. I "thought" I knew what I was talking about. I feel a little stupid now. I hope no-one was misinformed by my post!!

Hey by the way Danny...you can take your attitude and go ****k yourself. I dont need some ***gott on the friggen internet to be a smart a$$ and roll his puke eyes at me because I was wrong.
oh great..here we go again..
if you tried THINKING for a second you would know what is this pulley for. u tried to LOOK intelligent but failed. i'm just showing your mistake, ignorance, and lack of knowledge on this topic.
also from the kind of response you came back with...your maturity..or the lack of.
you can't take it when someone points out that you're wrong?
i don't think i have a attitude problem...trying to sound smart is not the same as being smart...learn from your mistake, move on. or do you feel the need to curse more because you were wrong?..go ahead and curse all you want..get it out of your system and go on with your life..ok e-thug?
thank you, have a nice day.
Old 06-07-2002, 07:53 PM

oh great..here we go again..
if you tried THINKING for a second you would know what is this pulley for. u tried to LOOK intelligent but failed. i'm just showing your mistake, ignorance, and lack of knowledge on this topic.
also from the kind of response you came back with...your maturity..or the lack of.
thank you, have a nice day.
So, because I tried to answer someones question and was inncorrect That gives you the right to treat me like $hit??????!!!!!!

go ahead and look at my post history. you will see that I have only been kind and helpful to everyone here on the org. I happen to be wrong in this case. and you feel its neccesry togive some smart a$$
remark telling me to "think" blah blah blah and roll your eyes at me and whatever. But thats ok. if you were a man you could simply have stated somethin like. " no thats not correct, the supercharger works like this". and I would have said "oops, my bad, sorry about that,thinks for clearing that up".

All Im sayin is I already looked stupid enough for my lack of knowledge, I dont need you to kick me when Im down. You get what Im trying to say??
Old 06-07-2002, 07:56 PM

So, because I tried to answer someones question and was inncorrect That gives you the right to treat me like $hit??????!!!!!!

go ahead and look at my post history. you will see that I have only been kind and helpful to everyone here on the org. I happen to be wrong in this case. and you feel its neccesry togive some smart a$$
remark telling me to "think" blah blah blah and roll your eyes at me and whatever. But thats ok. if you were a man you could simply have stated somethin like. " no thats not correct, the supercharger works like this". and I would have said "oops, my bad, sorry about that,thinks for clearing that up".

All Im sayin is I already looked stupid enough for my lack of knowledge, I dont need you to kick me when Im down. You get what Im trying to say??
Btw, why did you edit/change your reply??? You didnt sound "cool enough" when you read it?? what a joke. You had to add comments about e-thug and whatever else?
Old 06-07-2002, 08:11 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Btw, why did you edit/change your reply??? You didnt sound "cool enough" when you read it?? what a joke. You had to add comments about e-thug and whatever else?
yes it wasn't cool enough before. i wanted to show how great u look cursing online infront of everyone.
you win a gold star for that.
Old 06-07-2002, 08:25 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

seriously..did u know anything that was posted before you commented on your post?
-i posted IDLER and TENSIONER pulley
-kev put up picture of him comparing the stock plastic to the alum pullies..both IDLER and TENSIONER...even the links say that when u click on them.
now tell me..how can u mistaken that for the underdrive pulley on the sc unit itself?

your lack of reading correctly and viewing the previous post make u look bad.
everything was put out in the open for everyone to see. u see the post about pulley and u ASSUME that it was the one on the supercharger and tried to look smart and chime in about the pulley on the sc unit itself...trying to get your post count up?
you're more than welcome to help people..given the information was correct.
so you're wrong...do u want me to sugar coat it that you're wrong? grow up man..the real world will walk all over you...it's good to be 24 enh?
man? if you were the bigger man you would admit that you're wrong and see where you made the mistake. but nope..u need to curse and run your mouth to make yourself feel better and look like a bigger fool.
when i'm wrong u can say whatever u want...i know i was wrong. i digress. you on the other hand comes back attacking making it look like that it's MY fault that you were wrong...please spare me the drama.
if you were lacking knowledge in the subject matter then why did u feel the need to chime in and post incorrect information?..answer me that question?

post history..what history?...a whopping 318 posts..welcome to maxima.org sir, enjoy your stay.
Old 06-07-2002, 08:55 PM

Somebody moderate this thread before the bloodshed starts!

DanNY, quit wasting time with this mess, get to making them pulleys!

It's cool, just let it ride guys...
Old 06-07-2002, 09:06 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Somebody moderate this thread before the bloodshed starts!

DanNY, quit wasting time with this mess, get to making them pulleys!

It's cool, just let it ride guys...
sorry union hours here. you know how that is.
Old 06-07-2002, 09:42 PM

I got my pulley!

It's been on for a while now.

Great quality.
Great service.

Thanks Dan!
Old 06-08-2002, 12:31 AM

Im done
Old 06-08-2002, 05:58 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally posted by vbxmaxima
I got my pulley!

It's been on for a while now.

Great quality.
Great service.

Thanks Dan!
good to hear...thanks!
Old 06-08-2002, 08:24 AM

I've been talking to a machinest and he said he can make these. I would need a set to copy from, but he said he would do it

So if there's any demand out there, let me know.
Old 06-08-2002, 11:33 AM

Originally posted by global_threat
I've been talking to a machinest and he said he can make these. I would need a set to copy from, but he said he would do it

This is intersting...advertising on a post that is an advertisment..
Old 06-08-2002, 11:49 AM

This is intersting...advertising on a post that is an advertisment..
yeah only on the org can you do that.

I knew you had a 5th gen s/c I was wondering about your friends, is he installing a 3.25? What about your 3.25 how is that going is install done? Rims look nice on my car, I will have to send you pics, been to busy at work.
Old 06-08-2002, 12:10 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally posted by global_threat

hmm i better get moving on that patent.
Old 06-08-2002, 12:22 PM

good to hear...thanks!

I also got mine, also got them on the max with my new boost. So far they have been working good for the past few days, no complaints
Old 06-08-2002, 12:25 PM

yeah only on the org can you do that.

I knew you had a 5th gen s/c I was wondering about your friends, is he installing a 3.25? What about your 3.25 how is that going is install done? Rims look nice on my car, I will have to send you pics, been to busy at work.
He is actually not decided..I told him I would hook him up with the 3.33 that I still have but told him if your gonna do it, might as well do it right the first time. As for my car, it has been a 2 week nightmare! First the bolt that holds the pulley stripped, so had to order one from stillen. Then that got here and as we were taking that bolt out the tool broke in the bolt! Now we need to saw the shish off to get the bolt out..so I needed that silver washer looking thing that goes where the bolt goes..and that got here today and will go on the car on Monday..Besides that its cool Im actually installing the 3.125, colder plugs, and a NX Kit(35-45shot). So the car should be ready by Wed. Ill prob have new dyno charts up too..gotta do some major tunning with the alcohol, nitrous, and more boost! Ill keep in touch...and by the way cant wait to see some pics of your car!
Old 06-08-2002, 02:04 PM

Check that out, the guy went with the 3.125 and well with the injection you should be ok, have you looked at the retard box, it may be a better idea compared to the H2O injection. The NOS should bring up the TQ, I am anxious to see the chart.

Tell your buddy to just get the 3.25, that should be a good size pulley to go with.

He is actually not decided..I told him I would hook him up with the 3.33 that I still have but told him if your gonna do it, might as well do it right the first time. As for my car, it has been a 2 week nightmare! First the bolt that holds the pulley stripped, so had to order one from stillen. Then that got here and as we were taking that bolt out the tool broke in the bolt! Now we need to saw the shish off to get the bolt out..so I needed that silver washer looking thing that goes where the bolt goes..and that got here today and will go on the car on Monday..Besides that its cool Im actually installing the 3.125, colder plugs, and a NX Kit(35-45shot). So the car should be ready by Wed. Ill prob have new dyno charts up too..gotta do some major tunning with the alcohol, nitrous, and more boost! Ill keep in touch...and by the way cant wait to see some pics of your car!
Old 06-08-2002, 02:05 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Man... one problem after another.
Old 06-08-2002, 02:08 PM

Check that out, the guy went with the 3.125 and well with the injection you should be ok, have you looked at the retard box, it may be a better idea compared to the H2O injection. The NOS should bring up the TQ, I am anxious to see the chart.

Tell your buddy to just get the 3.25, that should be a good size pulley to go with.

Im still doing a little research on the retard box..it sounds like a good mod.. Im gonna convince my friend to do the 3.25. It gives great power and I thnk he will be happy. I ll let you know as soon as I get a chart up.

Quick Reply: V2 owners...ending pulley production