General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Buying soon. Has anyone here purchased from Bay Ridge Nissan or King's Nissan in NY.

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2000, 10:39 AM
ascan

Thinking of buying a '01 GLE real soon. Has anyone here purchased a car from either King's Nissan or Bay Ridge Nissan in Brooklyn, NY. Did they give a fair price and do they have good service after the sale? Thanks.

Old 12-04-2000, 12:44 PM
Vic

Best price is at Kings' nissan. Thats where i picked up mine. dont bother with Bayridge... they don't really care if they sell the car to you or not since they are doing well with the rich folks.
Vic

Originally posted by ascan
Thinking of buying a '01 GLE real soon. Has anyone here purchased a car from either King's Nissan or Bay Ridge Nissan in Brooklyn, NY. Did they give a fair price and do they have good service after the sale? Thanks.
Old 12-04-2000, 05:34 PM

Originally posted by ascan
I used to live in Jersey and I saw the unbelievable ads from the NY Post. The first dealer in Jersey laughed at me and said the prices did not exist. So I drove all the way down to Queens with my friend and asked the dude if I could buy a brand-new maxima gxe (1998 at the time) for $16,995 (5-speed, no power antenna, no ABS). He said can you pick it up by Monday?

What I learned is that you should go to a dealer where you don't plan on buying the car. Get the price down to the point where the salesperson wont budge--when you say, what if we take another $200 off and he says no (this is emotional only--his ego wont let him go lower). You take that price, stroll into another dealer, subtract $600 from it and tell the salesperson you want to buy the car on the spot. My point is that the dealers pay the same for the cars, but they might have various incentives for volume. When you're lucky you get the car with the dealer making only about $250 of real profit. All the accessories are a no-no because the last thing you want to do is drive a hard bargain only to give it back with pinstripe, paint sealant, wheel arches, rust-proof, etc.

too bad this tactic doesn't work with German cars that are in demand...heh