General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

problems With Nissan Corporation

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2002, 03:38 PM

[b]problems With Nissan Corporation[/b]

.they said my warranty is void

I've had my max for a year, and when I bought it there was a mix-up with whse name that the title should be in. So when I took my moms name off of the title 2 months later, AND the milage was also updated. Because of the change, DMV investigated the title from August until now. This issue has been resolved as of 3 or 4 days ago. My car stopped working the day before yesterday(computer problems), AND Nissan said they could not honor the warranty until they get proof that the title is clean. So as I'm ready to fax the clean title, they tell me it will take a month for them to recognize this. So I'm assed out for about a month

i've got a 2kmax on dubs and i can't even drive it.
Old 06-13-2002, 03:42 PM

GIMME YOUR OPINION FELLOW MAX OWNERS
Old 06-13-2002, 03:45 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: [b]problems With Nissan Corporation[/b]

Originally posted by big baby heuy
.they said my warranty is void

I've had my max for a year, and when I bought it there was a mix-up with whse name that the title should be in. So when I took my moms name off of the title 2 months later, AND the milage was also updated. Because of the change, DMV investigated the title from August until now. This issue has been resolved as of 3 or 4 days ago. My car stopped working the day before yesterday(computer problems), AND Nissan said they could not honor the warranty until they get proof that the title is clean. So as I'm ready to fax the clean title, they tell me it will take a month for them to recognize this. So I'm assed out for about a month

i've got a 2kmax on dubs and i can't even drive it.
This is crap. You should be able to go to the Tag department for you county (or state) and the will be able to tell who is the sole owner of the car.
Old 06-13-2002, 03:45 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

Well, the warranty itself doesnt make any stipulations about the title specifically. But, it does say that it's only good for the actual owner of the car. As soon as you prove that you are the owner, you should be good.

Go read the warranty...the entire text is in your owner's manual.
Old 06-13-2002, 04:21 PM

Originally posted by mzmtg
Well, the warranty itself doesnt make any stipulations about the title specifically. But, it does say that it's only good for the actual owner of the car. As soon as you prove that you are the owner, you should be good.

Go read the warranty...the entire text is in your owner's manual.
This post makes no sense. I have a stack of warranty invoices over the first 36k on my car, and some to 60k. Nobody EVER asked me to produce a title to obtain warranty work, nor did they even ask for the reggie. In alot of states the owner doesn't even get to hold the title until they pay off their loan. If this story is true, then just drive to another dealership, or have it towed. Nissan is pretty ******, but not that ********,
Old 06-13-2002, 04:48 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I'd have it fixed and sue Nissan for the amount of the bill when you get your title...

Erik
Old 06-13-2002, 05:37 PM

Originally posted by tifosiv122
I'd have it fixed and sue Nissan for the amount of the bill when you get your title...

Erik
THEY SAID THAT THEY WOULD REIMBURSE ME THE CHEESE IN ABOUT A MONTH. THE PROBLEM IS THAT I DN'T HAVE THE $1200 TO FIX IT. HENCE THE PROBLEM.
Old 06-13-2002, 05:51 PM
lcf

the warranty follows the car, not the title!!!!!

i dont see why a dealership would say this unless they strongly suspect its stolen.
Old 06-13-2002, 06:39 PM

even the parts distributors at nissan dealerships suck - posted at.....http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....hreadid=128251
Old 06-13-2002, 07:13 PM

THEY SAID THAT THEY WOULD REIMBURSE ME THE CHEESE IN ABOUT A MONTH. THE PROBLEM IS THAT I DN'T HAVE THE $1200 TO FIX IT. HENCE THE PROBLEM.
Are you leaving any details out? Your story makes no sense at all. They do not perform work, charge you for it, and reimburse you. You're probably thinking of Santy Clause.
Old 06-14-2002, 08:59 AM

Are you leaving any details out? Your story makes no sense at all. They do not perform work, charge you for it, and reimburse you. You're probably thinking of Santy Clause. [/B][/QUOTE]

THE NISSAN CORPORATION SAID THAT SINCE MY TITLE WAS UNDER INVESTIGATION, THEY WOULD NOT PAY TO FIX IT NOW. BUT WHEN THEY GET PROOF THAT THE TITLE IS CLEAN, THEY WILL FIX THE CAR. THE PROBLEM LIES IN THE FACT THAT I FAXED THEM A COPY OF THE CLEAN TITLE, AND THEY SAID THEY WILL NEED A MONTH TO PROCESS THE CURRENT INFO. BEFORE THE FIX MY MAX.
Old 06-14-2002, 10:06 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

NISSAN CORPORATION SAID THAT SINCE MY TITLE WAS UNDER INVESTIGATION, THEY WOULD NOT PAY TO FIX IT NOW. BUT WHEN THEY GET PROOF THAT THE TITLE IS CLEAN, THEY WILL FIX THE CAR.
This makes no sence at all. Since when does a dealer do a title search when you bring your car in for service?

Their computers do not track title information only VIN numbers to see what work has been performed on that vehicle.

The basic warranty is 3/36, doesn't matter who owns the car and has nothing to do with the title/registration/insurance/what underware you have on or how you dress for school. HELLO? Go to another dealer.
Old 06-14-2002, 11:38 AM

IT'S NOT THE DEALER THAT'S THE PROBLEM. THE NISSAN HEADQUARTERS IS TELLING THEIR SYSTEM NOT TO RECOGNIZE MY WARRANTY. SO IT WON'T MATTER IF I GO TO ANOTHER DEALERSHIP. IF THAT WAS THE CASE, I WOULD HAVE ALREADY DONE IT!!!!!!
Old 06-14-2002, 12:35 PM

IT'S NOT THE DEALER THAT'S THE PROBLEM. THE NISSAN HEADQUARTERS IS TELLING THEIR SYSTEM NOT TO RECOGNIZE MY WARRANTY. SO IT WON'T MATTER IF I GO TO ANOTHER DEALERSHIP. IF THAT WAS THE CASE, I WOULD HAVE ALREADY DONE IT!!!!!!

Can you turn your caps lock off? It's hurting my brain. I can't help until I can

P.S. That doesn't make sense. Everyone is right.
Old 06-14-2002, 12:46 PM

Originally posted by maxima4me

Can you turn your caps lock off? It's hurting my brain. I can't help until I can

P.S. That doesn't make sense. Everyone is right.
Yeah, the more this guy talks the more his case makes no sense. Now all of a sudden it's the big-bad Nissan warranty system denying him, so he's barred from obtaining service from all dealerships. And it's because of the title. Like I said, in many states the owners do not have possesion of the title until they pay off their loan. What the **** has that got to do with getting warranty service? Either the story is b*** or there are details that haven't been mentioned. In any case, it makes no sense. Case closed. Next.
Old 06-14-2002, 01:26 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Frank Fontaine

Yeah, the more this guy talks the more his case makes no sense. Now all of a sudden it's the big-bad Nissan warranty system denying him, so he's barred from obtaining service from all dealerships. And it's because of the title. Like I said, in many states the owners do not have possesion of the title until they pay off their loan. What the **** has that got to do with getting warranty service? Either the story is b*** or there are details that haven't been mentioned. In any case, it makes no sense. Case closed. Next.
[/

WHATEVER HOMIE, I FOUND OUT THE REAL PROBLEM. THE DEALERSHIP THAT I BOUGHT THE MAX FROM HID THE FACT THAT IT'S A SALVAGED TITLE. BEING SALVAGED VOIDS DAMN NEAR ALL OF MY WARRANTIES. SO,IN FACT, THE TITLE IS AN ISSUE IN THIS CASE.
Old 06-14-2002, 01:39 PM

WHATEVER HOMIE, I FOUND OUT THE REAL PROBLEM. THE DEALERSHIP THAT I BOUGHT THE MAX FROM HID THE FACT THAT IT'S A SALVAGED TITLE. BEING SALVAGED VOIDS DAMN NEAR ALL OF MY WARRANTIES. SO,IN FACT, THE TITLE IS AN ISSUE IN THIS CASE. [/B]
Dude, there is a little button under the Tab button on your keyboard, press it.

Secondly, if the dealership hid that fact, then you need to take the car back to THAT dealership and tell them that you weren't aware that it was a salvaged title and that you would either A) like your money back or B) have them fix the car.
Old 06-14-2002, 01:55 PM

Originally posted by Mustang1999

Secondly, if the dealership hid that fact, then you need to take the car back to THAT dealership and tell them that you weren't aware that it was a salvaged title and that you would either A) like your money back or B) have them fix the car.
I'M ALREADY ON IT.
Old 06-14-2002, 01:59 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I'M ALREADY ON IT.
, turn off the caps locks.
Old 06-14-2002, 03:03 PM

And it continues to fly! When you purchase a vehicle from a used dealer, you have a 30-day warranty unless it's marked NO WARRANTY. Sorry, let me get that key off to the left of my A.

Someone who had common sense would take the car to a Nissan dealership while test driving the car, no? C'mon now, we all don't live in Middlebury VT where a handshake is all you need (no joke--those folks in Middlebury are mighty kind).

Asking a dealer to fix a salvage car, that's like saying you bought a house AS IS, fixer-upper and are now frustrated that it doesn't meet code so you can't rent it out.

Salvage title = rebuildable jumk. How the **** you gonna take a rebuilt car and ask Nissan to repair it under warranty?
Old 06-14-2002, 03:11 PM

Originally posted by Frank Fontaine

And it continues to fly! When you purchase a vehicle from a used dealer, you have a 30-day warranty unless it's marked NO WARRANTY. Sorry, let me get that key off to the left of my A.

Someone who had common sense would take the car to a Nissan dealership while test driving the car, no? C'mon now, we all don't live in Middlebury VT where a handshake is all you need (no joke--those folks in Middlebury are mighty kind).

Asking a dealer to fix a salvage car, that's like saying you bought a house AS IS, fixer-upper and are now frustrated that it doesn't meet code so you can't rent it out.

Salvage title = rebuildable jumk. How the **** you gonna take a rebuilt car and ask Nissan to repair it under warranty?
All I'm saying is that if you didn't know that the car had a salvaged title then take it back. I know if the dealer tried to hide the car had a salvaged title I would want my money back. If they marked the car with warranty and there is nothing with it, then there is something wrong with that. You see what I'm saying? I'm not saying that this guy has a leg to stand on because I don't know the situation, but all I'm saying is that if the dealership sold the guy the car saying it has a warranty, then they should fix the car. Nothing is flying from this direction so point that flame somewhere else. Okie dokie? Thanks.

Old 06-14-2002, 03:23 PM

All I'm saying is that if you didn't know that the car had a salvaged title then take it back. I know if the dealer tried to hide the car had a salvaged title I would want my money back. If they marked the car with warranty and there is nothing with it, then there is something wrong with that. You see what I'm saying? I'm not saying that this guy has a leg to stand on because I don't know the situation, but all I'm saying is that if the dealership sold the guy the car saying it has a warranty, then they should fix the car. Nothing is flying from this direction so point that flame somewhere else. Okie dokie? Thanks.

You're familiar with swiss cheese, no? Has lots of holes. First this guy bashes Nissan Corp. They build cars full of rattles, but I think many here have said they had no problem getting warranty repair.

A salvage car is junk. If it's rebuilt, most DMV require the title to indicate salvage so the owner cannot dupe someone who doesn't know otherwise. So tell me, when you purchase a car, you look at the title, the words SALVAGE doesn't mean anything? And Nissan has to bring the car up to 100% under warranty? No way, no how, no where.
Old 06-14-2002, 03:28 PM

Originally posted by Frank Fontaine

You're familiar with swiss cheese, no? Has lots of holes. First this guy bashes Nissan Corp. They build cars full of rattles, but I think many here have said they had no problem getting warranty repair.

A salvage car is junk. If it's rebuilt, most DMV require the title to indicate salvage so the owner cannot dupe someone who doesn't know otherwise. So tell me, when you purchase a car, you look at the title, the words SALVAGE doesn't mean anything? And Nissan has to bring the car up to 100% under warranty? No way, no how, no where.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but when you buy a used car from a dealership, you don't see the title do you? You can only go by what the dealership says unless you run a carfax report yourself. (From the looks of this guy I doubt he did b/c he can't even turn off his caps lock.) So a naive person could be dooped into buying a salvaged car from a dealership if they didn't know what to look for. Me personally wouldn't buy one, but MY point here is IF the dealership tried to pass the car off as it is in perfect condition and has a warranty and someone bought it, I think the dealership should be held liable for that, it's called fraud. I'm not saying Nissan should be held responsible for fixing a salvaged car, no way. What I'm saying is that a dealership should be held responsible if they try to pass a salvaged car off as a car that is in good condition. That is my point.

BTW I hate swiss cheese, it smells funny.
Old 06-14-2002, 06:28 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when you buy a used car from a dealership, you don't see the title do you? You can only go by what the dealership says unless you run a carfax report yourself. (From the looks of this guy I doubt he did b/c he can't even turn off his caps lock.) So a naive person could be dooped into buying a salvaged car from a dealership if they didn't know what to look for. Me personally wouldn't buy one, but MY point here is IF the dealership tried to pass the car off as it is in perfect condition and has a warranty and someone bought it, I think the dealership should be held liable for that, it's called fraud. I'm not saying Nissan should be held responsible for fixing a salvaged car, no way. What I'm saying is that a dealership should be held responsible if they try to pass a salvaged car off as a car that is in good condition. That is my point.

BTW I hate swiss cheese, it smells funny.
C'mon now, poor me, I don't see the title, because the almighty dealership tol me so. Well, ya know the story bout me an me uncle, I **** his **** a** there by the side of da ****.

You're joking, because Swiss cheese doesn't have any smell. POSER!