General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Now what I'd like to see...

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2000, 06:21 AM

What would you really like to happen to certain cars?

For the Max, I wouldn't mind having the 3.5L V6 from the Pathfinder. Even better, I'd like to see the 4.1 or 4.5L V8 from the Q in a rear drive Max Coupe. It could handle the riff-raff from the Solaras, Eclipses, Accord coupes, CLs Lexus SCs and Monte Carlos.
Then a SR20DET Silvia could handle the Rustang, Firechicken and Slowmaro crowd, smoking them like a rack of ribs just for fun.
The new Z can take on the Camaro SS, Firehawk, and Cobra, while the convertible crushes the S2000, M Roadster, TT, Boxster, and of course the SLK.

For the GTPee, GM should take the 3.5L V6 from the Olds Intrigue and SC that. Now I bet that would be sweet. It might actualy be a challenge for an SC'd 5th gen.

What are your ideas/suggestions?
Old 09-05-2000, 07:14 AM

Other than the 3.5L is just a matter of time, everything else you are just dreaming
Btw the new Z doesn't have guts like the old turbo one, don't bet on it to take S2000/MZ3 likes.
Old 09-05-2000, 08:05 AM
Keven97SE

A 3.5L would be about the limit a Maxima could handle torque-wise. Anything larger and you'd have very poor traction and probably start breaking things like drive axles and the like. A 3.5L may well fit in a Maxima but everything else is impossible without truck loads of money. Plus, you'd have people like me saying "why the hell did you invest so much money in such a mediocre platform?" The Maxima is a damn fine car within certain limits...try to take it beyond that and it's ...achem let me clean my throat... STUPID.

Originally posted by Black VQ
What would you really like to happen to certain cars?

For the Max, I wouldn't mind having the 3.5L V6 from the Pathfinder. Even better, I'd like to see the 4.1 or 4.5L V8 from the Q in a rear drive Max Coupe. It could handle the riff-raff from the Solaras, Eclipses, Accord coupes, CLs Lexus SCs and Monte Carlos.
Then a SR20DET Silvia could handle the Rustang, Firechicken and Slowmaro crowd, smoking them like a rack of ribs just for fun.
The new Z can take on the Camaro SS, Firehawk, and Cobra, while the convertible crushes the S2000, M Roadster, TT, Boxster, and of course the SLK.

For the GTPee, GM should take the 3.5L V6 from the Olds Intrigue and SC that. Now I bet that would be sweet. It might actualy be a challenge for an SC'd 5th gen.

What are your ideas/suggestions?