General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Caliper painting - paint back of pads also?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2002, 01:49 PM

Caliper painting - paint back of pads also?

For those of you who painted your calipers did you do the brake pads also? I figured if you used the spray on, then the back of the pads are painted also. Are there any problems with the paint coming off the pads? Also, are there any problems with the shims sticking to the caliper if painted?
Old 06-24-2002, 03:06 PM

Re: Caliper painting - paint back of pads also?

Originally posted by JMAX95
For those of you who painted your calipers did you do the brake pads also? I figured if you used the spray on, then the back of the pads are painted also. Are there any problems with the paint coming off the pads? Also, are there any problems with the shims sticking to the caliper if painted?
No problems. I masked off the discs and surrounding area and painted the whole caliper, back of pad too. I've since changed my pads and had no problems removing them, and no problems with breaking, squeeking, etc, etc. Go ahead and paint them with the pads in there, just be careful of the discs, shocks, wheel well lining, etc..
Old 06-24-2002, 03:13 PM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

Re: Re: Caliper painting - paint back of pads also?

Originally posted by araffio

No problems. I masked off the discs and surrounding area and painted the whole caliper, back of pad too. I've since changed my pads and had no problems removing them, and no problems with breaking, squeeking, etc, etc. Go ahead and paint them with the pads in there, just be careful of the discs, shocks, wheel well lining, etc..
Araffio is correct. Just wanted to give a second confirming opinion.