General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Anyone planning on using the Maxima.org spot cards?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2000, 08:17 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I'm just trying to figure out if anyone's going to print them out and use them, if they're having a hard time printing them, etc.

Thanks in advance for the input!
Old 09-05-2000, 08:54 AM

negative

sorry jambo, altho this might sound like a good idea (spot cards) i dissagree. it would make me feel like iwas being stalked if someone slapped a sticker sayin', "come join us at civics and four bangers "R" us." just to exagerate, but it would mislead people in thinking that this "maxima.org" is a cult.. just imo.. but it does sound like a good idea tho at the same time..
Old 09-05-2000, 09:03 AM

Office Max was closed yesterday, Will go and buy some cardz 2nite, Don't take the file off just yet
Old 09-05-2000, 09:18 AM

yes

Old 09-05-2000, 09:56 AM

Oh well....

Hey thanks for the support, all both of you! :-)

Mingo: thanks for the input!
Old 09-05-2000, 10:28 AM

Tried

I'm probably an idiot, but I did print them off (I bought the exact card stock that you indicated and the top row is about a line off (the top row of words is above the perforation. I tried adjusting the page settings in Adobe and it had no effect. Oh, well, I'm sure it will work for other people - maybe my printer is screwed up, but that's my experience so far.
Old 09-05-2000, 11:19 AM

Yup!! Printed them today and gonna use em tonight. There is a Max that is always at my Hockey games. I'm gonna slap one of those babies on his car!

Old 09-05-2000, 11:29 AM
The missing moderator

Re: negative

Originally posted by mingo
sorry jambo, altho this might sound like a good idea (spot cards) i dissagree. it would make me feel like iwas being stalked if someone slapped a sticker sayin', "come join us at civics and four bangers "R" us." just to exagerate, but it would mislead people in thinking that this "maxima.org" is a cult.. just imo.. but it does sound like a good idea tho at the same time..
On the contrary, if I was a maxima fan and didn't know about this "place", I'd truely appreicate someone letting me know. After all, this is a good place to get advise and what not, for the most part.

-Shing
Old 09-05-2000, 11:38 AM

Re: Re: negative

Originally posted by Shingles
Originally posted by mingo
On the contrary, if I was a maxima fan and didn't know about this "place", I'd truely appreicate someone letting me know. After all, this is a good place to get advise and what not, for the most part.

-Shing
yeah i strongly agree with that. i still think decals work the best. how bout maxima.org license plate frames/?/ anyone working on that yet??
Old 09-05-2000, 04:42 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

ive still gotta print em out...

since you posted them i coulda handed them out to 3 or 4 cars already...i think its a wonderful idea and a simple way to get more people onto the site...
Old 09-05-2000, 04:48 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Yea, I'll try it.

Jim
Old 09-05-2000, 05:27 PM

If you're having trouble printing them...

...and getting them to line up correctly on the #5371 labels, let me know and we'll work through it for you on a per case basis.

Thanks for everyone's support!
Old 09-05-2000, 07:02 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

I'm going to print them out on paper... too lazy and poor to go buy cards.
Old 09-05-2000, 11:45 PM

i might use the card

I might use them, they are a good idea and there are about 5 or 6 maximas in the big parking lot at ASU only 2 or 3 2000 models though! yea!

I cant wait to use this form though,

its gonna be hillarious. You should see some of the hideous rice mobils out in that parking lot.

Adam
Old 09-06-2000, 04:05 AM

Gonna use them.....

There are a few SE's at work, and I am sure tht they know nothing about the club.

Lovejoy
Old 09-06-2000, 04:39 AM
Banned

so how do I get a maxima.org sticker for my car, so I don't get continually slapped with maxima.org cards?
Old 09-06-2000, 04:57 AM
Che

2000max

that rice citation is off tha hook...hahhahhahaaa....i like that
Old 09-06-2000, 05:30 AM

Originally posted by dave
so how do I get a maxima.org sticker for my car, so I don't get continually slapped with maxima.org cards?
Dave, I posted this last week. $2 for maxima.org Sticker for the back window. if U want 1 Email me at pi0neer@ibm.net and specify color of the sticker. send me a self stamped envelope so I can send your sticker back to U. this is what it looks like on my back window. http://www.geocities.com/nismorg/Maxima/Mvc-005f.jpg
<BR>
http://www.geocities.com/nismorg/Maxima/Mvc-004f.jpg
<BR>
as U can tell by looking at the pic its not too big so your car won't be left out of the croud.

Now as far as the RiceMobile Sticker. Man I think that may be a little too much b/c if U put that on someones car then people might think U were checking their car inside out. I don't know if I want someone to be all over my car, looking through my windows, and see if my springs are cut or they are lagit. thats just my thought. Not a bad idea but I think Jambo Idea is more civilized, b/c Maxima has a different set of owners then Civics and Integras, The AGE FACTOR Comes into the picture when People buy the Maxima so b/c of that we need to do things the Mature way..

Old 09-06-2000, 05:42 AM

Ummm....

Pioneer, that's a great idea, however, I'd really like to keep the printing of Maxima.org stickers centralized so that they all have a common look and font. I'm in the middle of trying to configure our new server (yea!), but I am going to try my best to see about getting Maxima.org stickers going in the next week.

This will let us have a uniform look to the group and will let people easily identify the Maxima.org logo and stickers.

Thanks!

Originally posted by PIONEER
Originally posted by dave
Dave, I posted this last week. $2 for maxima.org Sticker for the back window. if U want 1 Email me at pi0neer@ibm.net and specify color of the sticker. send me a self stamped envelope so I can send your sticker back to U. this is what it looks like on my back window. http://www.geocities.com/nismorg/Maxima/Mvc-005f.jpg
<BR>
http://www.geocities.com/nismorg/Maxima/Mvc-004f.jpg
<BR>
as U can tell by looking at the pic its not too big so your car won't be left out of the croud.

Now as far as the RiceMobile Sticker. Man I think that may be a little too much b/c if U put that on someones car then people might think U were checking their car inside out. I don't know if I want someone to be all over my car, looking through my windows, and see if my springs are cut or they are lagit. thats just my thought. Not a bad idea but I think Jambo Idea is more civilized, b/c Maxima has a different set of owners then Civics and Integras, The AGE FACTOR Comes into the picture when People buy the Maxima so b/c of that we need to do things the Mature way..

Old 09-06-2000, 05:55 AM

Re: Ummm....

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jambo
[I]Pioneer, that's a great idea, however, I'd really like to keep the printing of Maxima.org stickers centralized so that they all have a common look and font. I'm in the middle of trying to configure our new server (yea!), but I am going to try my best to see about getting Maxima.org stickers going in the next week.

This will let us have a uniform look to the group and will let people easily identify the Maxima.org logo and stickers.

Thanks!

Jamie, Sorry I didn't mean to step on any toes. I'm sure U Guys are working on the stickers and other Maxima.org stuff. I just though maybe through all this excitement U forgot so I just posted it. I don't mean to make a business out of it or anything. I still need to go to the signshop and have the stickers made just like U would. so Its no big deal. I would like a central place too where I can get all my goodies from. I just thought U guys were busy doing other things so I posted the sticker thing. I had posted if someone had the stickers B4 when I was looking for some and no one replied so I went and had some made. If its too much work, and If U'ld like once U finalize on the Font and Format of the stickers, U can send it to me and I can go to the sign shop and have them made and ship them to U so they are all in 1 place.

Old 09-06-2000, 07:50 AM

DC Paul has been using those for about-->>

a 1yr and a half. He's always bringing someone new aboard. My old GF even had a Card on her Max once.
Old 09-06-2000, 10:35 AM
peepinmofo

Spotcards, etc. ...

I do not have any means of printing any cards. I know this will sound lame, but if anyone wants to send me any, feel free and Ill hook some people up with them. Or if anyone has any ideas for me to get them printed, Id be willing to do that too.

As for the Maxima.org license plate things, I think thats a good idea too. Id prefer a maxima.org license plate border as opposed to the full plate since i dont want anything on the front. But I think there should be a few different ideas rather then just spot cards.

Anyone have opinions on this?

Old 09-06-2000, 01:49 PM

Getting the word out

I had a couple extra www.altimas.net stickers (white) that I didn't plan on using on my car (the one shown below is actually silver) so a couple weeks ago I put one under the wiper of a chick in my neighborhood who has a white Alty SE. I haven't heard from her on the site yet, but the sticker is in her back window now!

IMO, I don't think you should assume someone is an enthusiast unless it is an SE model or there are mods done to it. Obviously that's not always the case (our GXE is bone stock but I'm a definite enthusiast) but I think more often then not you're just wasting your time on people who simply bought a "nice, practical, reliable" family car.

Old 09-06-2000, 02:24 PM

i already started in my neighborhood

walking around.