General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Nissan vs Nissan, who will prevail?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2002, 07:05 PM

Nissan vs Nissan, who will prevail?

came accros this and though you folks might be interested.

http://www.ncchelp.org/The_Story/the_story.htm
Old 07-05-2002, 08:21 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Nissan vs Nissan, who will prevail?

Originally posted by plrod Black 95 SE

Yeah, I remember seeing that a while back. The sad thing is that Nissan Computer is crap! Their prices are high, their equipment is outdated, and they are a bunch of whining little women.
Old 07-05-2002, 08:30 PM

hmmm...i felt kinda bad for the little guy...whining is ok somtimes

Old 07-05-2002, 09:08 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Nissan vs Nissan, who will prevail?

Originally posted by Pervis Anathema

Yeah, I remember seeing that a while back. The sad thing is that Nissan Computer is crap! Their prices are high, their equipment is outdated, and they are a bunch of whining little women.
They are not in it for the computers. They rather cybersquat and generate click-through revenue...
Old 07-05-2002, 09:16 PM

His supporting links are bogus!

Click on the link at the bottom of the page that says:

Other trade mark owners that do not own the trade mark domain name
And then try the first two domains he uses as examples. They do come up to the automible manufacturers websites!

www.dodge.com
www.lincoln.com

Oops guess he should have checked those before using them as an example.
Old 07-05-2002, 09:17 PM

Re: His supporting links are bogus!

...And too bad he didn't put Maxima.org on there too!
Old 07-05-2002, 09:20 PM

Re: Nissan vs Nissan, who will prevail?

did you get my email yesterday? You should've came man!
Old 07-05-2002, 09:21 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: His supporting links are bogus!

Originally posted by soopermax02
Click on the link at the bottom of the page that says:

And then try the first two domains he uses as examples. They do come up to the automible manufacturers websites!

www.dodge.com
www.lincoln.com

Oops guess he should have checked those before using them as an example.
Other trade mark owners that do not own the domain as of Dec. 10th 1999
Looks like the respective companies "bought out" the domain names from their past owners sometime during the last 3 or so yrs.
Old 07-05-2002, 09:24 PM

Re: Re: His supporting links are bogus!

Originally posted by Smooth Operator

Looks like the respective companies "bought out" the domain names from their past owners sometime during the last 3 or so yrs.

Guess I should have checked first!
Old 07-05-2002, 09:26 PM

I am all in favor of the little guy, even to some point where he is cutting corners, simply because the big boys do it and it is nice if they gt a taste of their own medicine.
Old 07-05-2002, 10:10 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Originally posted by Maxima_Van_WA
I am all in favor of the little guy, even to some point where he is cutting corners, simply because the big boys do it and it is nice if they gt a taste of their own medicine.

oh god. i cannot support the bastard. i've been following this shizzle for years, and he rarely has the site updated. the website isn't helping him sell anything, unless people actually want to buy equipment from two years ago at the prices they were two years ago. he also puts links on his site to miscellaneous BS sites. why does he do that? because **** GETS PAID everytime some guy looking for nissan MoCo accidently stumbles on his site.
Old 07-05-2002, 10:57 PM

Ok here's the story, I've been following it since 1997.

Nissan Computers used to be a mom and pop shop computer store. Never big, don't think they even ever had a store front.

At any rate, Nissan I think offered to originally buy the domain (like dodge and lincoln did {see below}). He must have declined that in a thought he could possibly later get more.

I personally think that the name 'Nissan' is a trademarked name, and was before he started the company. I think naming his company Nissan Computers was an infringement on that copyright (regardless of the fact that his last name is Nissan). The only reason he can get away with it is that it's two seperate markets.

Example: I know someone with the last name Honda. He's a japanese fellow. Would it be copyright infringement if he started an automotive tuning company called, "Honda Motors"? Most certainly it would, regardless of his last name.

Example2: God forbid someone has the last name Microsoft. They couldn't start a new company called Microsoft.

I think the guy is being an absolute *****, I don't feel sorry for him. He should've sold it at the first opportunity. He should feel so fortunate to be given the opportunity to be paid a large sum for something as insignificant as a company webpage for a mom and pops. he could always register Nissancomputers.com. Nissan isn't forcing him to change his name.

Finally, obviously Nissan computers and nissan.com are no longer even in use. He has prices for 200MHz machines on his site, and he still has broken links to dodge and lincoln.com

When in fact dodge.com used to be owned by "Dodge Insurance Company". For a long time they were receving hits intended for www.4adodge.com (the actual Chrysler/Dodge company). However, it appears that finally Dodge was able to aquire dodge.com.

I would imagine a company as large as Nissan or Dodge would pay 1-5 million dollars for a domain as purposeful as nissan.com or dodge.com.

Why doesn't this Nissan guy just sell it. At this point, I think nissan is so frustrated for his little battle to stay alive that they no longer even want to buy it for money or settle out of court, they want his throat, and I'm behind Nissan Motors. I think this is just an effort to become famous or get a ridculous amoutn of money. he should've took his 1 million and left quietly and felt fortunate that he was given that money.

Finally, when i go to work on Monday, I'm going to hammer out some scripts against nissan.com and see what can be done.
Old 07-05-2002, 10:59 PM

Do those logos look like they were photoshoppped on a brick building in an effort to make his company look more significant?
Old 07-05-2002, 11:07 PM

Originally posted by BrianV

Do those logos look like they were photoshoppped on a brick building in an effort to make his company look more significant?

not at all
Old 07-05-2002, 11:25 PM

now that I think abt it, it does look like photoshopped
Old 07-05-2002, 11:48 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Originally posted by costcowholesale

now that I think abt it, it does look like photoshopped
i wouldnt be too surprised. i've done it before for a friend.
Old 07-06-2002, 12:19 AM

Originally posted by MaximaZero

i wouldnt be too surprised. i've done it before for a friend.
anyone know where this is??
Nissan Computer Corp.
6001 Chapel Hill Rd.
Suite 105
Raleigh, NC 27607

is this address even real?
Old 07-06-2002, 12:39 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Originally posted by costcowholesale

anyone know where this is??
Nissan Computer Corp.
6001 Chapel Hill Rd.
Suite 105
Raleigh, NC 27607

is this address even real?
that's real. they are no doubt a real establishment.
Old 07-06-2002, 05:44 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by MaximaZero

that's real. they are no doubt a real establishment.
No one doubts they are real. They have to pretend to be real to come off so in court. That looks more like an office than a store though. In any case, they apparently make a tidy some in click-through profits so this office does not surprise me in the least. It obviously does not look like a sign that has been there for 10 years though.
Old 07-06-2002, 07:23 AM

Re: Re: Nissan vs Nissan, who will prevail?

Originally posted by gtr_rider

did you get my email yesterday? You should've came man!
I've been up to my neck in alligators dude, just no time left over and two little ones begging for my attn.
Old 07-06-2002, 08:26 AM

Re: Re: Re: Nissan vs Nissan, who will prevail?

I've been up to my neck in alligators dude, just no time left over and two little ones begging for my attn.
no worry
Old 07-06-2002, 08:33 AM

I do feel sorry for the guy in some aspects. If he had a huge income from the business, why should he be forced to sell the name to Nissan? If he didn't generate alot of income, why didn't he sell the name to Nissan? Why couldn't he register Nissancomputer.com? It doesn't seem to be in use. I do get frustrated with huge companies sueing small companies out of business. Example: Creative Labs sued Aureal out of business. Aureal made much better sound cards and was the favorite in reviewers eyes. Creative Labs never won any lawsuits against Aureal, but kept them in court so long that they had to file chapter 11.
Old 07-06-2002, 10:45 AM

Well the guy finally after 2 years updated his out of date page. At any rate, there's no way that company is making any decent amount of money. The tech market is too hard just for basic computers. That companies net profit has to be less then 100K annually (and I'm sure it's much less).

I think he has too much pride.
Old 07-06-2002, 12:51 PM

Well the guy finally after 2 years updated his out of date page. At any rate, there's no way that company is making any decent amount of money. The tech market is too hard just for basic computers. That companies net profit has to be less then 100K annually (and I'm sure it's much less).

I definitely agree, This Nissan dude has got to get a grip on reality and stop millions of people from typing in nissan.com and seeing his disgusting, aesthetically unpleasing website. I really hope he goes Chapter 11.
Old 07-06-2002, 01:02 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

their golf towels look cool.
Old 07-06-2002, 01:24 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

the products he listed still are t3h suck and are overpriced.

oh yea, he filters the responses on the ncchelp.org site. i've sent plenty of emails to him. for all 9600 messages he posted supporting him, i wonder how many he's gotten opposing him. the people who support him are IDIOTS. theyre like the people who pettitioned to get "The Two Towers" (lord of the rings sequel) renamed. i would like to go there and give him a piece of my mind.
Old 07-06-2002, 01:36 PM
lcf

hehe the nissan vs. nissan thing is boring compared to kolody vs. coca-cola. it is an enormous amount of reading... so if youre bored and got some free-time, go for it.

Old 07-06-2002, 02:44 PM

Originally posted by NickStam
their golf towels look cool.
then buy some
Old 07-06-2002, 03:15 PM
I miss the .org!

This debate is nothing new. That Uzi or AK-47 or whatever his name is needs to STFU w/that BS. I'm not sayin everybody should let big corporations run over them, but the first time I tried to go on Nissan MoCo's website, I ran into his crap and wasted my d*mn time.
Old 07-06-2002, 06:54 PM

Originally posted by Triple8Sol
This debate is nothing new. That Uzi or AK-47 or whatever his name is needs to STFU w/that BS. I'm not sayin everybody should let big corporations run over them, but the first time I tried to go on Nissan MoCo's website, I ran into his crap and wasted my d*mn time.
Same here, at least when I went to dodge.com the company had this huge text right there on initial load.

If you're looking for Dodge Automobiles click here!!!