Group Deals / Sponsors Forum Find out more information on group deals that are going on for Maxima parts from our Sponsors.

Hyper Ground System Wires...who's interested

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2002 | 01:47 PM

Hyper Ground System Wires...who's interested

If you haven't heard of the new ground wire hype yet, here's a little info. Apparently, just about every car made and sold has an inefficient grounding system. By installing better conducting, thicker, and better insulated wires, you can gain a few extra horsepower, ft-lbs of torque, a few miles per gallon, a cleaner audio system, brighter headlights, colder air condition, reduced emissions, and who knows what else. How this works? I'm not exactly sure, but here's a proposal. Thicker and better conducting wire increase the current flow of the system. If voltage equals current times resistance, and current is increased, the voltage would increase and/or the reistance will decrease. I'm not sure how this creates better mileage but if voltage is increased and resistance is decreased, it is clear that the every electrical component will be enhanced (ie. stereo, spark plugs, headlights, air condition, etc).

So what are you choices and prices on ground wire systems?
HKS http://www.hksusa.com/products/?id=1506
R1 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eb...814440&r=0&t=0
Sun Auto http://www.sun-auto.co.jp/pro_hotearth_001.htm

So what makes one better than the other? The Sun Auto kit has the most threads of wires and is the best insulated. Further, it is also the thickest. I spoke to a distributor for Sun Auto and he said this product was been huge in Japan and that they are the number sellers in the market.

So what are the gains for the Nissan Maxima (keep in mind that these are universal wires for just about every car)? Here are my straight A-B dyno's:

From my week long experience with the Hyper Ground, I've noticed smoother power all around and a little quicker throttle response. My air condition is colder and my 700watt RMS audio system has never sounded so clean. My mileage is looking really good, though I've only put 400 miles on the car since. I'll wait til I fill up 3 more gas tanks before I can give a increased MPG figure.

As of right now, I don't think the Sun Auto Hyper Ground is for sale yet, distributors are just about getting their hands on them. I was the 7th car in the US to dyno for gains. I've been talking with the US division of Sun Auto on a group deal since my car was used to prove the gains. The kit is going to be sold for $135 for the silver and gold kit (better insulation) and the red, yellow, blue kit will sell for $110. They'll give me a figure to work with on Thursday, but I need to know how many would be interested. As for installation, it takes about 15 minutes with a 10mm wrench.

Pricing UPDATE!
Sun Auto will sell the silver and gold kits for $124 imported and taxed. Shipping will depend on where you live from Ca, should be around six to eight dollars. Total, we're looking at $130-132. Now the issue is that as of right now, Sun Auto only has 20 kits of silver and a bunch of gold. They will receive more in two weeks. I'm going to go ahead and take orders, but I'm going to see what XS might offer....who knows, maybe XS will give a better deal.
Old 08-05-2002 | 01:57 PM

I'm interested in the Sun Auto Hyper Ground in the Silver & Gold kit.
Old 08-05-2002 | 02:13 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I will buy them in a second once I have more proof that they work... I would like to see somebody else install them and dyno somewhere else and then post their charts... one dyno is not enough proof for me in this case because it simply sounds too good to be true.
Old 08-05-2002 | 03:17 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

i'm definitely interested. how long till we get something going on this?
Old 08-05-2002 | 03:29 PM

very interested!

ive got to decide between this, a RSB and those new superwhite gauges! arg decisions!!!!!
Old 08-05-2002 | 04:01 PM

Re: very interested!

Originally posted by gepetto
ive got to decide between this, a RSB and those new superwhite gauges! arg decisions!!!!!
no question! get the RSB - it's worth it's weight in gold..
Old 08-05-2002 | 04:10 PM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

I'm in

Count me in...but let's get this deal moving.
Old 08-05-2002 | 04:35 PM

Interested. Thanks Kevin.
Old 08-05-2002 | 05:01 PM

Sounds good.. I'm dfinitly in for a silver/gold kit..
Old 08-05-2002 | 06:01 PM

i'm interested. you should make a write-up with pictures so people can get an idea of how easy/hard the install would be. another dyno would help too =)
Old 08-05-2002 | 07:13 PM

OK

So if anyone else has $110 to blow, you can get your Maxima dyno'd with the wires. I paid $75 for the total of 6 runs. We did 3 runs, had the wires installed, and then did 3 more runs. The car was at operating temperatures at all times and the car never left the dyno from run 1 to run 6. The tuning shop I went to charged $40 for the 30 minutes of work, installing the wires. I decided to go with the Silver kit (it just became available) because I figured it was only $20 difference and I didn't want to find out later if I would have gotten more gains. Secondly, the silver wires look really nice. Hopefully I can get this deal going by Friday and try to get the prices on Thursday.

gepetto: I think it's a toss up between the RSB and the Hyper Ground. They are around the same price and both are great. If I had to chose, I'd go with the RSB since the Maxima's handling is less than par. But hey, with the Addco bar being $115 shipped and these wires hopefully being less than $130, why not do both?
Old 08-05-2002 | 10:08 PM

Re: Hyper Ground System Wires...who's interested

I am interested. Which kit did you get?

RL
Old 08-05-2002 | 10:41 PM

Re:

I think it's a toss up between the RSB and the Hyper Ground. They are around the same price and both are great. If I had to chose, I'd go with the RSB since the Maxima's handling is less than par. But hey, with the Addco bar being $115 shipped and these wires hopefully being less than $130, why not do both?
I think I'll probably end up doin all 3 actually now that I have a job. I'll probably do the RSB first, then catch the tail end of this deal and then do the gauges. One mod at a time
Old 08-06-2002 | 06:07 AM

Re: Re:

Originally posted by gepetto

One mod at a time
I like to do as many as fiscally possible.

RL
Old 08-06-2002 | 06:25 AM

I'm interested... 5th gens included??
Old 08-06-2002 | 07:06 AM

im in, more dyno's would help. This dyno wasn't done where u bought the wires from right? im just saying because they might be likely to fudge the numbers. sounds stupid, but like everyone says, it just sounds too good to be true, but im def in.
Old 08-06-2002 | 07:29 AM
mb1

is there a huge difference between the gold/silver and red? I want red to match my engine bay.
Old 08-06-2002 | 08:38 AM

sounds good, i'm interested. Thanks for being the first on this project, hope all the gains are for real.
Old 08-06-2002 | 11:42 AM

Im down

Yeah count me in. silver/gold. Thanks
Old 08-06-2002 | 01:41 PM

Alright

looks like we have a good number rising. I did had the dyno done where I bought the wires. XS Engineering was just about the only place willing to sell the Hyper Ground and dyno. Stillen has the set, but they aren't revealing anything. Area 51 as them, but they aren't scheduled to sell them for another 2 months. As for difference in silver and gold versus the other colors, I wouldn't know. Price difference is about $20, performance difference I can't say. If you'd like red, that's fine. I have a white 97 SE with a red painted valve cover, Optima Yellow Top, and Silver wires. It's a subtle clash, but it's fine.

I know they didn't fudge the data because I was standing right there. Besides, I was their first car dyno'd with the wires, do they made sure that everything was consistent. Also, the difference is enough for you to notice. Not in terms of acceleration (the power is gained consistently...if it were an exhaust, you'd feel a drop down low and big kick up top...this is not the case), in terms of mileage, and electrical components. My G-tech should come in tomorrow. Maybe I'll do a little testing.
Old 08-06-2002 | 02:41 PM

the gains are pretty good.. i would be interested too..
Old 08-06-2002 | 04:25 PM

Re: Alright

Originally posted by Kevin Wong
looks like we have a good number rising. I did had the dyno done where I bought the wires. XS Engineering was just about the only place willing to sell the Hyper Ground and dyno. Stillen has the set, but they aren't revealing anything. Area 51 as them, but they aren't scheduled to sell them for another 2 months. As for difference in silver and gold versus the other colors, I wouldn't know. Price difference is about $20, performance difference I can't say. If you'd like red, that's fine. I have a white 97 SE with a red painted valve cover, Optima Yellow Top, and Silver wires. It's a subtle clash, but it's fine.

I know they didn't fudge the data because I was standing right there. Besides, I was their first car dyno'd with the wires, do they made sure that everything was consistent. Also, the difference is enough for you to notice. Not in terms of acceleration (the power is gained consistently...if it were an exhaust, you'd feel a drop down low and big kick up top...this is not the case), in terms of mileage, and electrical components. My G-tech should come in tomorrow. Maybe I'll do a little testing.
I think perhapse the best data and dyno sheet to sell this product would be a longer term Dyno. I know that many mods will produce a short term burst of power. This is due to the short vs. long term trims. If you were to dyno tomorrow and have the same or similar results it would show this products true value. if it goes back down, it would show that it the car trimmed it out.
Old 08-06-2002 | 04:46 PM

Count me in for the silver or gold wires.
Old 08-07-2002 | 04:39 AM
i SeE what you did therE

i am interested
Old 08-07-2002 | 05:41 AM
SMX

Count me in for the silver
Old 08-07-2002 | 08:23 AM

Originally posted by SMX
Count me in for the silver
Count me in for silver, too!
Old 08-07-2002 | 09:09 AM

ya im in too if these prove themselves, also do you have a pic of where they go?
Old 08-07-2002 | 08:28 PM

Re: OK

So if anyone else has $110 to blow, you can get your Maxima dyno'd with the wires. I paid $75 for the total of 6 runs. We did 3 runs, had the wires installed, and then did 3 more runs. The car was at operating temperatures at all times and the car never left the dyno from run 1 to run 6. The tuning shop I went to charged $40 for the 30 minutes of work, installing the wires. I decided to go with the Silver kit (it just became available) because I figured it was only $20 difference and I didn't want to find out later if I would have gotten more gains. Secondly, the silver wires look really nice. Hopefully I can get this deal going by Friday and try to get the prices on Thursday.

gepetto: I think it's a toss up between the RSB and the Hyper Ground. They are around the same price and both are great. If I had to chose, I'd go with the RSB since the Maxima's handling is less than par. But hey, with the Addco bar being $115 shipped and these wires hopefully being less than $130, why not do both?

In for a silver...hurry up with the deal..can't wait
Old 08-07-2002 | 08:29 PM

Put me down for 2 sets.
Old 08-08-2002 | 05:51 PM

It's going to be about $124 pick-up and about $130-132 shipped from Sun Auto. I'm going to see what XS might offer.
Old 08-08-2002 | 09:36 PM

It's going to be about $124 pick-up and about $130-132 shipped from Sun Auto. I'm going to see what XS might offer.
WHAT?? isn't that the regular price???($130-132 shipped)
Old 08-08-2002 | 09:37 PM

Kevin,

I talked to them at Sun the other day and I told them I want in on our group deal and they told me they're waiting for a guy to come back from Japan to finalize the price. Is he back yet and is this the final price???
Old 08-08-2002 | 11:06 PM

Yeah, I'm not so happy with the "discount" either. Daiji was their guy that went to Japan and just returned today. I spoke with him today and that was the price he gave. That's the best he was willing to do. I'm going to try with Eric Hsu at XS and see how much he'd be willing to sell a deal for. I figure there's about 30+ kits in this deal and I would have liked to see the kits discounted more.
Old 08-09-2002 | 05:40 AM
Conecarver

I'm in for a silver kit too. Wouldn't be the first time I dropped $1xx just to see what happens.
Old 08-09-2002 | 06:38 AM

Would be interested well...
Old 08-10-2002 | 02:31 PM

Yeah, I'm not so happy with the "discount" either. Daiji was their guy that went to Japan and just returned today. I spoke with him today and that was the price he gave. That's the best he was willing to do. I'm going to try with Eric Hsu at XS and see how much he'd be willing to sell a deal for. I figure there's about 30+ kits in this deal and I would have liked to see the kits discounted more.
But where is the discount tho? the list price online for silver and gold kits are $115..so shipping costs like ~$20..how does that work???
Old 08-10-2002 | 05:58 PM

I don't really get it either

I'm going to try with Eric Hsu at XS and see what he'll do. Daiji said that they, the distributors and the the retailers, are not allowed to discount the wires. But when I mentioned that there will probably be a good number of peopl wanting them, he said he'd arrange a group special. Eric sold me the silver wires for $114 after tax which was a 10% discount. If neither works out, I'll just cancel the "group deal" since the prices may be the same. I don't think they are allowed to charge CA state tax if you live outside of CA. I'll be speaking with Eric on Monday. Things are not going as smooth as they should.
Old 08-10-2002 | 07:15 PM

Re: I don't really get it either

if this goes well with the negotiations, mark me down for a silver set and email me so i can senda check out jconway@bradley.edu
Old 08-10-2002 | 10:06 PM

Re: I don't really get it either

I'm going to try with Eric Hsu at XS and see what he'll do. Daiji said that they, the distributors and the the retailers, are not allowed to discount the wires. But when I mentioned that there will probably be a good number of peopl wanting them, he said he'd arrange a group special. Eric sold me the silver wires for $114 after tax which was a 10% discount. If neither works out, I'll just cancel the "group deal" since the prices may be the same. I don't think they are allowed to charge CA state tax if you live outside of CA. I'll be speaking with Eric on Monday. Things are not going as smooth as they should.
Please post any answer you will get on Monday, otherwise, I think I am just gonna order it myself thru SunAuto...

Thanks
Old 08-10-2002 | 11:07 PM

Re: Re: I don't really get it either

I was wondering, what exactly does the kit look like?

I am assuming it is just a set of wires linked to large piece that connects the wires to good ground. Wouldn't just be easier (and cheaper) to get one of the Maxima companies (cattman, WSP, Custom Maxima) to produce a generic version?

I think someone already suggested this.

RL

Quick Reply: Hyper Ground System Wires...who's interested