Group Deals / Sponsors Forum Find out more information on group deals that are going on for Maxima parts from our Sponsors.

people who want to buy a CF hood VIEW ME

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2002, 11:51 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

people who want to buy a CF hood VIEW ME

please read all of this before replying. If you want a CF hood and you have $500 to spend on one right now then please reply to this thread so we can build a list of people want them and show demand

- do not reply if you don't have the money (I don't care if you can get the money, post once you have it)

- this list does not say you are in on any deal. It only shows that you want a CF hood and you are willing and able to pay for a CF hood.

- 4th gens only. If you have another generation then start a post in your forum

- don't post ***** here... only reply if you seriously want a CF hood

- Once we have a decent number of people then we will be able to get them much easier because all of the potential makers will see the solid interest.

- will a moderator please sticky this thread

total people = 1 (I will update daily)
Old 09-09-2002, 12:11 PM

will a mod people move this back to the 4th gen area... this is NOT a group deal, I am not selling anything... I'm trying to build a case for potential sellers that there is a market for 4th gen CF hoods...
Old 09-09-2002, 12:17 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Please see this thread

If there is enough interest in the CF hood for the fourth gen I can get them made.

More CF info

1) They will be quality and there will be NO fitment issues on a stock Maxima

2) The guy that would build them has over fifteen years experience working with CF and fiberglass.

3) The only obstacle is the cost to prototype.

4) If you want a quality hood, be willing to spend more than $500.

5) For $500 you will not get a good piece, I can guarantee you that 100%.

6)Lead time will vary based on number of interested people.

I am willing to get this done if there is sufficient demand and I can assure you, the quality will be excellent.

Click here to email me

Dave in York
Old 09-09-2002, 12:38 PM

I guess I will give up on this thread as I see the moderators don't understand/care how to get new products produced for a maxima.

I started this in respose to your thread, dlicari. I have seen many people over the months show interest in making a CF hood but often it appears that little happens. What I wanted to do is get a generic list of people together who have the means pay for a hood (the exact cost is not the issue) and then whoever can sell a hood will see the demand and if you can then the next shop will etc etc......

since I am in NY I like the idea of working with your shop... just tell us how you want this to work and what we would need
Old 09-09-2002, 12:58 PM

Blue:

Originally posted by theblue
I guess I will give up on this thread as I see the moderators don't understand/care how to get new products produced for a maxima.

I started this in respose to your thread, dlicari. I have seen many people over the months show interest in making a CF hood but often it appears that little happens. What I wanted to do is get a generic list of people together who have the means pay for a hood (the exact cost is not the issue) and then whoever can sell a hood will see the demand and if you can then the next shop will etc etc......

since I am in NY I like the idea of working with your shop... just tell us how you want this to work and what we would need
I do not own a shop nor am I reseller, authorized dealer etc etc. I have a Maxima, I really like it and I wish there were some parts we could get.

A CF hood is one of them.

I looked into this a few months ago. A customer of mine makes drag bodies, panels, gauge clusters etc. We talked about him doing something for this community and he would be willing to prototype. The cost would need to spread across the people who purchase the hoods.

I am also looking to possibly get a rear roof spoiler made. I need to get my hands on one with which to make a prototype.

Anyway, that is where I am coming from, hope I can help!

Dave in York
Old 09-09-2002, 04:16 PM

Re: Blue:

and that cost for prototype would be?
Old 09-10-2002, 08:27 AM

Re: Re: Blue:

what's wrong with fiberimages hoods besides that they wont do group deals for us because too many people *****ed?
Old 09-10-2002, 09:03 AM

Re: Re: Blue:

Originally posted by theblue
and that cost for prototype would be?
Blue:

PM or email me and I can discuss these costs with you outside of the forum. Reason being, a lot of people here claim to know a whole lot of stuff when upon further examination they know little or nothing. I would not want this process skewed by a few "intellectuals" who may know little or nothing about Cf anf fober prototyping.

Does this work for you?

Dave in York