Group Deals / Sponsors Forum Find out more information on group deals that are going on for Maxima parts from our Sponsors.

Taking orders for Hyperground

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2002, 12:26 AM

Taking orders for Hyperground

Here's the old thread:
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....hreadid=141858

So right now, I'd like to get a list of all the serious people that want in on the Hyperground Wires. Hopefully we'll have 20+ interested as the old post contained. Pricing will be set at $112 after tax for the Silver and Gold kit. The blue and red kit should be $12 or so less, but it's not definite (the Silver and Gold kits have an extra layer of shielding). Shipping shouldn't be more than $6 via Fed-ex Ground. The discount isn't huge, but it should save you about $30 after shipping.

List so far:
Paid Tan (Tanman) 1 silver kit
Paid Jason (Canuck) 1 silver kit
Paid 99DustMagnet 1 silver
Paid Ardika 1 silver
Paid Ryan (dafro) 1 silver
Paid Daniel H 1 silver
Paid Dan W (mrb23) 1 silver
Paid Dan L (PCguru2K) 1 silver
Paid Matt (Ironlung) 2 silver kits
Paid Paul 1 silver
Paid Mark (maz) 1 silver
Paid Steve 1 silver or gold
Paid Jack 1 silver
Paid redmaxpa007 1 silver
Paid SMX Wayne 1 silver
Paid Maximilion 1 silver or gold
Paid TCAKU 1 kit
Paid Nick (robocop) 1 kit
Paid Steve (Omegasrk) 2 silver
Paid Chan (MaxPerformanceSE) 2 silver
TJ 1 silver
Dave 1 silver
Ecko 1 kit
SupaMaxima 1 kit
Tyler 1 silver
brodaiga 1 silver
doublea 1 silver
bustedmax 1 silver
AltiMax 1 silver
Matthel 1 silver
Dennis 1 silver

Personal checks, money orders, certified checks:
please send your payments to:
Kevin Wong
17072 Courtney Lane
Huntington Beach, Ca 92649

Paypal
Send through paypal to kis_ev@hotmail.com

Please include your name, address, maxima.org username, and color and quantitiy desired. I have most of your information, but because people have the freedom to change their minds, I just thought better safe than sorry.

Price breakdown:
$118 shipped if out of California, if Paypal add 3% total $121.54
$122 shipped if inside California, if Paypal add 3% total $125

I'm going to wait 2 weeks for the payments, but I'll start sending the kits out once I receive at least 15 payments.
Old 09-11-2002, 05:58 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I'd be interested in the apexi filter if it fits my stillen intake
Old 09-11-2002, 05:58 AM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

Grrr...I just ordered the HKS version two days ago.
Old 09-11-2002, 06:59 AM
OG Maxima.org Member

Kevin, I know the Hyperground is pretty much universal, but will the Apex'i work for 3rd Gen's?
Old 09-11-2002, 11:34 AM

How would you take payment? Thanks!
Old 09-11-2002, 02:27 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

the apexi will work with any fitler setup if it has the proper hardware. the way the apexi fitler is is there is no flange, it has bolt holes and i take a MAF adapter and elongate the holes to fit the apexi holes and then attach a coupler to that and you can bolt that to any 3 inch maf adapter. if you don't have an intake you need TWO maf adapters and and piece of tubing and the expensive fitlers. kevin i'm sure you can get the apexi fitlers alone for less then 80 but they are consistently backordered i have trouble getting large quantities then you need maf adapters and other stuff. it's gets expensive. i could make a large amount of them up and order some fitlers and have them in about three weeks and have a deal on them but they are a lot more complicated then it sounds. let me know if you guys are interested in an apexi Group deal. i should be a lot faster now with everything i just took on another person to help me and we are really cranking out intake, what itw as like this summer will not happen again, i was just too swamped and i do apoligize for nayone who had to wait.
Old 09-11-2002, 03:54 PM

Okay, I'm still confused... what is this hyperground thing? Is it just new thicker cables? Cables for what? Any drilling or mods for this?
Old 09-11-2002, 05:47 PM

Originally posted by maximilion
Okay, I'm still confused... what is this hyperground thing? Is it just new thicker cables? Cables for what? Any drilling or mods for this?
The kit requires nothing more than 15 minutes and a few wrenches (10mm, 12mm, and maybe a 14mm). I had the kit installed on my Maxima, but I later installed a kit on my friend's Accord V6. It's very simple to do and I'll include some pictures of the 5 grounding points that were professionally selected for the 4th gen Maxima (you basically ground them at any conductive point). The wires are basically thicker, better conducting, and better sheilded wires. The kit may seem like a lot of money for just wires, but you get more than you pay for in my opinion. Not only that, but they also great engine looked dressed up. Each wire has a stainless steel-braided look and is badged with the Hyperground logo. The power gain, mileage gain, and better running electrical components are also a plus.
Old 09-11-2002, 05:55 PM

Originally posted by Kevin Wong

The kit requires nothing more than 15 minutes and a few wrenches (10mm, 12mm, and maybe a 14mm). I had the kit installed on my Maxima, but I later installed a kit on my friend's Accord V6. It's very simple to do and I'll include some pictures of the 5 grounding points that were professionally selected for the 4th gen Maxima (you basically ground them at any conductive point). The wires are basically thicker, better conducting, and better sheilded wires. The kit may seem like a lot of money for just wires, but you get more than you pay for in my opinion. Not only that, but they also great engine looked dressed up. Each wire has a stainless steel-braided look and is badged with the Hyperground logo. The power gain, mileage gain, and better running electrical components are also a plus.
Count me in if we get 20.
Old 09-11-2002, 06:57 PM

interested
Old 09-11-2002, 07:39 PM

So what you're saying is that basically you are running 5 grounding wires from the battery? Do these grounding points utilize any existing bolts/holes or do I have to drill 5 holes to put in some bolts? I think I'm getting it now.
Old 09-11-2002, 08:19 PM

So what you're saying is that basically you are running 5 grounding wires from the battery? Do these grounding points utilize any existing bolts/holes or do I have to drill 5 holes to put in some bolts? I think I'm getting it now.
Yep, you are using existing holes and bolts. The kit comes with a battery extention post that allows two grounding rings (one is for your stock ground ring and the other is to allow for the Hyperground while still grounded to the battery). One wire goes from the battery post directly to the chasis (about 4 inches away). Another wire goes from the battery post to the intake manifold bolt. One wire goes from from the intake manifold to the engine block. Another goes from the intake manifold to the other side of the manifold. And finally another wire goes from the other side of the manifold to the chasis. So basically you are creating a daisy chain of groundings. There is absolutely no drilling needed.
Old 09-12-2002, 11:04 AM

Yep, you are using existing holes and bolts. The kit comes with a battery extention post that allows two grounding rings (one is for your stock ground ring and the other is to allow for the Hyperground while still grounded to the battery). One wire goes from the battery post directly to the chasis (about 4 inches away). Another wire goes from the battery post to the intake manifold bolt. One wire goes from from the intake manifold to the engine block. Another goes from the intake manifold to the other side of the manifold. And finally another wire goes from the other side of the manifold to the chasis. So basically you are creating a daisy chain of groundings. There is absolutely no drilling needed.
Ok, cool! So, how do you get this again? Or was there going to be a GD on this? Sounds like its just unleashing more power while looking stock. Gimme, gimme, gimme!!!
Old 09-12-2002, 11:56 AM

What's the diff between the silver and gold kit? Is it just color?
Old 09-12-2002, 03:38 PM

Re: Taking orders for Hyperground

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kevin Wong
[B]Here's the old thread:
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....hreadid=141858

I have never got in on a group deal. I would be interested, but I would like more info on how transaction would take place.

Thanks, Dennis
Old 09-12-2002, 03:52 PM

What's the diff between the silver and gold kit? Is it just color?
Yep, it's just the color. They are the same length, have the same 4 layers of shielding, and thickness.

As for payments, I'd like to ask for money orders, certified checks, and personal checks (if you promise not to bounce them). I'll also take payments through paypal, but I'll ask for a 3% service fee since I'm not making a dime on this group deal and I really don't want to lose money for making the deal.

Right now I'd just like to get a number of those committed and then I'll get the order out and ask for payments. It'll be about a week since both my distributor and the manufactuer are low on stock right now and will receive more in a week.
Old 09-12-2002, 04:02 PM

Yep, it's just the color. They are the same length, have the same 4 layers of shielding, and thickness.

As for payments, I'd like to ask for money orders, certified checks, and personal checks (if you promise not to bounce them). I'll also take payments through paypal, but I'll ask for a 3% service fee since I'm not making a dime on this group deal and I really don't want to lose money for making the deal.

Right now I'd just like to get a number of those committed and then I'll get the order out and ask for payments. It'll be about a week since both my distributor and the manufactuer are low on stock right now and will receive more in a week.
Count me in!
Old 09-12-2002, 06:28 PM

can't you just bolt the apexi filter directly to the MAF? the filter has two different bolting patterns, worst comes to worst you can bolt in two screws and seal the intake with weather-stripping?

just a thought

Originally posted by dmbmaxima2k2
the apexi will work with any fitler setup if it has the proper hardware. the way the apexi fitler is is there is no flange, it has bolt holes and i take a MAF adapter and elongate the holes to fit the apexi holes and then attach a coupler to that and you can bolt that to any 3 inch maf adapter. if you don't have an intake you need TWO maf adapters and and piece of tubing and the expensive fitlers. kevin i'm sure you can get the apexi fitlers alone for less then 80 but they are consistently backordered i have trouble getting large quantities then you need maf adapters and other stuff. it's gets expensive. i could make a large amount of them up and order some fitlers and have them in about three weeks and have a deal on them but they are a lot more complicated then it sounds. let me know if you guys are interested in an apexi Group deal. i should be a lot faster now with everything i just took on another person to help me and we are really cranking out intake, what itw as like this summer will not happen again, i was just too swamped and i do apoligize for nayone who had to wait.
Old 09-12-2002, 06:46 PM

count me in too
Old 09-12-2002, 07:07 PM

I'm interested
Old 09-12-2002, 07:28 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by seven
can't you just bolt the apexi filter directly to the MAF? the filter has two different bolting patterns, worst comes to worst you can bolt in two screws and seal the intake with weather-stripping?

just a thought

nope thought of that, yiou can only get one in and the seal needs to be better then just weather stripping. you could hack up your maf housing but i'm not sure that would even work the only real way to do it is with adapters.
Old 09-12-2002, 09:29 PM

I want the silver kit and apexi
Old 09-13-2002, 11:09 AM

Re: Taking orders for Hyperground

Put me down for a silver set, please. Thanks!
Old 09-13-2002, 11:40 AM

Put me down for one silver kit for now. I might get another silver kit.
Old 09-13-2002, 04:53 PM

Hey Kev,

I'm down for a silver kit.
Old 09-14-2002, 07:22 AM

Hi Kevin, give the coordinate as to where to send the money order and to whom I do it ? I want the silver kit.

Thanks

AA
Old 09-14-2002, 11:59 AM

Re: Re: Taking orders for Hyperground

please put me down for a silver kit
Old 09-14-2002, 08:48 PM

im interested. how long will this be going on for?
Old 09-15-2002, 05:48 AM

Put me down for another Silver kit. Thanks.
Old 09-15-2002, 07:21 PM

Originally posted by aznsap
im interested. how long will this be going on for?
I'm going to be asking for payments by next week. But, I can always order more later I think.
Old 09-15-2002, 08:17 PM

I'm going to be asking for payments by next week. But, I can always order more later I think.
sweet a$$!!!
Old 09-16-2002, 11:37 AM

Great.. I can't wait... After payment how long will it take for us to get it?
Old 09-16-2002, 10:13 PM

First I have to confirm that the new shipment of the silver kits have come in...otherwise only 14 people will receive theirs in the first wave and the rest will receive theirs later. But, I was told a month ago that the shipment should be in sometime in September. You should receive the kits 4-6 days after I receive/clear your payments. I really promote the money order/certified check and even personal check, but if you like to use paypal, I'm going to have to ask for a 3% paypal fee. I'll be asking for payments by next week.
Old 09-17-2002, 07:42 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Can you give us a list of who is in the deal and in what order? I responded to your pm but never posted in this thread that I wanted one. I'd like to know if I'm in the first group of buyers.
Old 09-17-2002, 07:51 AM

Originally posted by Tanman
Can you give us a list of who is in the deal and in what order? I responded to your pm but never posted in this thread that I wanted one. I'd like to know if I'm in the first group of buyers.
List so far:
Tanman 1 silver kit
Canuck 1 silver kit
Steve 1 silver or gold
Jack 1 silver
TJ 1 silver
Danny 1 silver
Matt 2 silver kits
Dave 1 silver
André 1 silver
redmaxpa007 1 silver
Wes 1 Silver
SMX Wayne 1 silver
Maximilion 1 silver or gold
TCAKU 1 kit
Ecko 1 kit
SupaMaxima 1 kit
HTownMaxSE 1 kit
mrb23 1 silver
MaxPerformanceSE 2 silver
99DustMagnet 1 silver
Tyler 1 silver
brodaiga 1 silver
doublea 1 silver
RL 1 silver
Paul 1 silver

Last edited by Kevin Wong on 09-16-2002 at 06:34 PM
Old 09-17-2002, 08:25 AM

Originally posted by TaiwanMaxima

List so far:
Tanman 1 silver kit
Canuck 1 silver kit
Steve 1 silver or gold
Jack 1 silver
TJ 1 silver
Danny 1 silver
Matt 2 silver kits
Dave 1 silver
André 1 silver
redmaxpa007 1 silver

Cool thanks, forgot that was on the first page.

I'm #1!! I'm #1!!!
Old 09-17-2002, 10:06 AM

yep

hopefully, there won't be any problems with the supply. I was told that they should be in, I'll give them a call soon to check up on the progress. I have 27 kits on demand and I think I'll just get 30 just in case some others may want in later (or I can always use them on my other cars).
Old 09-17-2002, 10:54 AM

Originally posted by TaiwanMaxima

List so far:
Tanman 1 silver kit
Canuck 1 silver kit
Steve 1 silver or gold
Jack 1 silver
TJ 1 silver
Danny 1 silver
Matt 2 silver kits
Dave 1 silver
André 1 silver
redmaxpa007 1 silver
Wes 1 Silver
SMX Wayne 1 silver
Maximilion 1 silver or gold
TCAKU 1 kit
Ecko 1 kit
SupaMaxima 1 kit
HTownMaxSE 1 kit
mrb23 1 silver
MaxPerformanceSE 2 silver
99DustMagnet 1 silver
Tyler 1 silver
brodaiga 1 silver
doublea 1 silver
RL 1 silver
Paul 1 silver

You have me down twice - I'm also TCAKU. BTW-I'm down for the silver kit.

Thanks!!

Old 09-17-2002, 01:43 PM

Please put me down for a silver kit as well.
Old 09-18-2002, 07:12 AM

Check e-mail !!!

Quick Reply: Taking orders for Hyperground