Group Deals / Sponsors Forum Find out more information on group deals that are going on for Maxima parts from our Sponsors.

Interests on Viper Responder 790XV????

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2002 | 12:19 PM
I tend to get a bit irritable

Viper Responder 790XV UPDATED new price

I think the one I ran for the Viper 550ESP went well, so lets see what kind of interests there are for this one.
The pricing will be alot higher than the 550s were, but there are alot more features as most of you already know.

Details can be found here:

http://www.directed.com/security/responder/default.asp

This GD will only apply to local people or those willing to travel to me. I cannot sell Viper over the counter for people to do themselves. Installation is required.

--Don

Pricing will be $499 installed, lifetime warranty on product and install. Additional parts may be required or requested at additional fees.

If you already have gotten a 550ESP from the previous GD then the price will only be $299 installed.

This require 12+ people to do, as with the last one I didnt do an expiration because I know people will still pop up here and there. I will leave this the same way, especially with Christmas coming around the corner...

--Don

If people would like to buy these outright, it may be possible, but I will remove the serial number and that will void your warranty. Please strongly consider this before asking.
Old 10-15-2002 | 04:24 PM
OG Maxima.org Member

Don, I might be interested. What kinda price would you be looking at??
Old 10-15-2002 | 04:37 PM

Still trying to figure on a fair price now.

I had a few friends go around to try to shop the competition and they came back with lowest price of $650.... . Most shops were $699.

I assure you, I will be alot cheaper than that.

--Don
Old 10-15-2002 | 06:14 PM

I'm down.
Old 10-15-2002 | 06:30 PM
www.autotalk.com

Re: Interests on Viper Responder 790XV????

Originally posted by Pearl96Max
I may start a group deal for the Viper Responder 790XV soon. I think the one I ran for the Viper 550ESP went well, so lets see what kind of interests there are for this one.

The pricing will be alot higher than the 550s were, but there are alot more features as most of you already know.

--Don
Hey I was at bestbuy yesterday and saw the Clifford Matrix RS3'a ad. I love them COST prices

Question for ya, i have the matrix RS2 right now, so all i have to do is swap out the brain and the transmitor rite? or i will have to go about doing everything again?
Old 10-15-2002 | 08:01 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Interests on Viper Responder 790XV????

Originally posted by Max4Speed

Hey I was at bestbuy yesterday and saw the Clifford Matrix RS3'a ad. I love them COST prices

Question for ya, i have the matrix RS2 right now, so all i have to do is swap out the brain and the transmitor rite? or i will have to go about doing everything again?
I had the same Clifford Matrix in mines. Don ripped out the old one and install the new brains, transmitter, shock sensor, etc..
Old 10-15-2002 | 11:28 PM
Sports Button FTW

WOWSERS!!! That's an alarm and a pager all in one?! not just a pager right???

hey, it says remote start!!! my next car will have a 5 speed...any change of hearts with that situation, if so u know i want it and if not, is there a cheaper version like it without remote start that i can get my hands on??????

either way i'm getting an alarm from u!!!
Old 10-16-2002 | 06:10 AM

If you already have that alarm, then yes a simple swap SHOULD work. It does work that way on the Viper 550s. Poeple who already have a 550 will pay substantially less, same with a Python 1500, or apparently a Clifford of the same nature.

--Don
Old 10-16-2002 | 09:54 AM

I may start a group deal for the Viper Responder 790XV soon. I think the one I ran for the Viper 550ESP went well, so lets see what kind of interests there are for this one.

This GD will only apply to local people or those willing to travel to me. I cannot sell Viper over the counter for people to do themselves. Installation is required.

--Don
I may be interested in this. Where in Jersey are you located? Also, can you hookup the remote starter to work on my manual tranny? let me know...

shaz
Old 10-16-2002 | 10:47 AM

Originally posted by shaz

I may be interested in this. Where in Jersey are you located? Also, can you hookup the remote starter to work on my manual tranny? let me know...

shaz
I am central NJ (North Edison).

This is not made for manual transmissions.

--Don
Old 10-16-2002 | 11:13 AM

Re: Re: Re: Interests on Viper Responder 790XV????

--Don
Location was good, manual tranny answer was bad =(

shaz
Old 10-16-2002 | 02:14 PM
OG Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: Interests on Viper Responder 790XV????

--Don
Don, I'm sure you COULD put it in a manual tranny(i've done it)... but I won't do it in MY shop, that's for sure!!!

But if it's gonna be less than $650 (they want $795 locally), then put me down. Heck, I might be able to get one of my customers to buy one if you get the price point reasonable.

Keep all informed!!
Old 10-16-2002 | 03:02 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Interests on Viper Responder 790XV????

Originally posted by nubiannupe

Don, I'm sure you COULD put it in a manual tranny(i've done it)... but I won't do it in MY shop, that's for sure!!!

But if it's gonna be less than $650 (they want $795 locally), then put me down. Heck, I might be able to get one of my customers to buy one if you get the price point reasonable.

Keep all informed!!
Yes I CAN put it in manual, but there are risks involved, like losing all accounts with DEI.

But yes the price will be Alot lower then $650. I have actually heard alot shops charging between $650- $799.

As soon as I have enough interests then I will be able to post an appropriate price.

--Don
Old 10-16-2002 | 03:25 PM

Originally posted by Bass Mechanic
i will do a group buy for 12 units at 450 each. i already have confirmation on the deal and units in stock.
if any of you want in let me know!

Wow Newbies have alot of Ballz !!!

If you would like to run a GD go somewhere else and post, please do not post on my thread again.

--Don
Old 10-16-2002 | 04:04 PM

re : newbie

bass mechanic : are you serious?? way to come into the game and try to beat others. you cant just come into someone elses thread and try to get a deal going. let me tell you since your a "NEWBIE" dont try this now or ever again bc it will only bring you future problems. good luck next time tough guy
Old 10-16-2002 | 04:26 PM
OG Maxima.org Member

play nice, kids!
Old 10-16-2002 | 04:36 PM

hey i came in here because i found a link about it on the other thread about the pioneer deal i was doing. i did not read the whole thread. i didnt know it was "owned" by anyone. in fact i did not realise that the original poster was the one setting it up. i thought the post was started because someone was asking about where to get one.

excuse the F*** out of me for trying to help you guys out. sorry i did not read the whole thread. sorry if i stepped on anyones toes.
jeeze just chill why don't you?
both of you.

besides what difference does it make anyway? whether i posted on this thread or another thread the same people are going to read it anyway.
You obviously dont realize the priciple of starting a thread when you make a comment like "what difference does it make?" What if I was to walk into your store and offer prices to people right in front of you?? Would you like it? whether they were higher or lower than your, it would not matter, it is complete and utter disrespect.

Next time maybe you should READ before writing.

Have some consideration, I believe I was polite when I asked you to go powt somewhere else, I never said you werent able to or anything of the sort, I just simply asked to post somewhere else.

--Don
Old 10-16-2002 | 04:43 PM

the whole issue is RESPECT. thank you for playin
Old 10-16-2002 | 05:13 PM
Sports Button FTW

i will do a group buy for 12 units at 450 each. i already have confirmation on the deal and units in stock.
Yo bro, that is soooo disrespectful. Pearl96Max is very well respected for what he has done for this community and i can't believe you just throw out your business in his thread. Besides the fact that you're a newbie which will make it harder for you to sell your stuff, its also gonna be harder when you're acting so immature by pulling a stunt like that.

The easiest and best thing to do in this situation is to just delete your post. The only thing you're proving posting in this thread is how much of an a$$hole u r.

Pearl96Max, well respected for his work, licensed and everything

vs

a newb who has to post his products in other threads to get recognition. I don't know Pearl96Max's prices but whatever it is, I would rather go to him than you.
Old 10-16-2002 | 05:25 PM

Originally posted by meccanoble

Yo bro, that is soooo disrespectful. Pearl96Max is very well respected for what he has done for this community and i can't believe you just throw out your business in his thread. Besides the fact that you're a newbie which will make it harder for you to sell your stuff, its also gonna be harder when you're acting so immature by pulling a stunt like that.

The easiest and best thing to do in this situation is to just delete your post. The only thing you're proving posting in this thread is how much of an a$$hole u r.

Pearl96Max, well respected for his work, licensed and everything

vs

a newb who has to post his products in other threads to get recognition. I don't know Pearl96Max's prices but whatever it is, I would rather go to him than you.
i tried to delete the original post and would have but you guys keep replying to my posts and have them in your quote so what good will it do?
ill go delete all of them right now if you guys will get off my back!
Old 10-16-2002 | 05:29 PM
2-Wheelin it...

for 1, i think we all owe don some thanx and credit for all that he's done for us...i don't think anyone could have beaten out that 550esp deal he had back then. secondly, we all should know that with dei and viper, it has to be professionally installed or else guess what boys and girls, you have no warranty. and believe me, you want hta twarranty. anything happens and you're fuc*ed. if you wanna try to wire it up yourself, good luck with the headaches.

don did my alarm on my car and i don't know anyone or any place that could have done a better job for the best price. we're not talking just slap it on....he went into so much detail to get it wired perfectly, and so hidden, i just love how it is.

i strongly suggest that anyone in the NY/NJ/Northeast area who wants the alarm, to just let don do it.

my .03..the extra penny goes to the newbie...if you're gonna jump in and try to ruin respected members offers and deals, you'll need that penny for good luck.
Old 10-16-2002 | 05:39 PM
Sports Button FTW

Originally posted by PoLo

for 1, i think we all owe don some thanx and credit for all that he's done for us...i don't think anyone could have beaten out that 550esp deal he had back then. secondly, we all should know that with dei and viper, it has to be professionally installed or else guess what boys and girls, you have no warranty. and believe me, you want hta twarranty. anything happens and you're fuc*ed. if you wanna try to wire it up yourself, good luck with the headaches.

don did my alarm on my car and i don't know anyone or any place that could have done a better job for the best price. we're not talking just slap it on....he went into so much detail to get it wired perfectly, and so hidden, i just love how it is.

i strongly suggest that anyone in the NY/NJ/Northeast area who wants the alarm, to just let don do it.

my .03..the extra penny goes to the newbie...if you're gonna jump in and try to ruin respected members offers and deals, you'll need that penny for good luck.

i agree, he did mine too but i guarantee it was harder for my car since i already had an old sh*tty alarm on which he had to uninstall before installing my viper and being that it was a noob that installed the first, the wires were hazardous and totally disorganized, yet don was still able to succeed with the installation
Old 10-17-2002 | 07:38 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

i'm just going to jump in here and say that...

Don - offering the alarm with licensed install

Bass - not offering install and basically the alarm is on the gray market sold over the counter.

understand the differences
Old 10-17-2002 | 05:49 PM

I got my Viper 790xv installed by Don (Pearl96Max) on Mon. Everything went nice and smooth. His quality of work is top notch. The install was clean and neat too. I would definitely recommend him to you guys to get the 790xv from him..

-D
Old 10-18-2002 | 06:38 PM

I updated to first page with pricing and other info.

-_Don
Old 10-18-2002 | 09:38 PM
Sports Button FTW

--Don

UPDATE: Pricing will be $499 installed, lifetime warranty on product and install. Additional parts may be required or requested at additional fees.

If you already have gotten a 550ESP from the previous GD then the price will only be $299 installed.

This require 12+ people to do, as with the last one I didnt do an expiration because I know people will still pop up here and there. I will leave this the same way, especially with Christmas coming around the corner...

--Don

If people would like to buy these outright, it may be possible, but I will remove the serial number and that will void your warranty. Please strongly consider this before asking.
hey don, i'm going to try and come on monday to get this installed. Is there anyway you can install it and not let the auto start feature to work so you don't get in trouble and i still get that nice alarm? its not that important to me, but having that alarm is. Also, you woulnd't have a problem taking this prestige alarm off would u?
Old 10-18-2002 | 11:13 PM

I'm not trying to disrespect you Don, your a good person. But your GD was mainly made for local people to get it installed. I'm in Houston, and that doesn't really help me out, cause I'm not going to drive to NJ to get a alarm for cheap. Most places in Houston are charging $750 w/install. Bass Mechanic is just helping out those people that can't come to you but still want to get a good price. With his $450 and the $100 install in Houston, I'm saving $200. Just give him a chance with his GD.
Old 10-19-2002 | 06:35 AM

hey don, i'm going to try and come on monday to get this installed. Is there anyway you can install it and not let the auto start feature to work so you don't get in trouble and i still get that nice alarm? its not that important to me, but having that alarm is. Also, you woulnd't have a problem taking this prestige alarm off would u?
Doh !!! another crap alarm to remove for you??

--Don
Old 10-19-2002 | 06:41 AM

Originally posted by HTownMaxSE
I'm not trying to disrespect you Don, your a good person. But your GD was mainly made for local people to get it installed. I'm in Houston, and that doesn't really help me out, cause I'm not going to drive to NJ to get a alarm for cheap. Most places in Houston are charging $750 w/install. Bass Mechanic is just helping out those people that can't come to you but still want to get a good price. With his $450 and the $100 install in Houston, I'm saving $200. Just give him a chance with his GD.
I understand your dilemma, BUT DEI does not allow over the counter sales of their products (Viper), this is why I only arranged for local people or those willing to drive to me. I wasnt trying to single anyone out, or anything of the sort.

As far as Bass Mechanic is concerned I just simply thought is outright disrespectful. He obviously is not concerned with his status with DEI, if there is any at all.

If you also look at my update on the first page I posted that I will sell outright, but the serial label will be removed, thus leaving no warranty. Same would apply to Bass Mechanics sales. Although he may or may not take off the serial it is all traced back to original buyer when service. Now hes in Colorado, and your in Houston....it just doesnt make sense, furthermore there is no original receipt with installation included on it.

--Don
Old 10-19-2002 | 12:23 PM

I understand your dilemma, BUT DEI does not allow over the counter sales of their products (Viper), this is why I only arranged for local people or those willing to drive to me. I wasnt trying to single anyone out, or anything of the sort.

As far as Bass Mechanic is concerned I just simply thought is outright disrespectful. He obviously is not concerned with his status with DEI, if there is any at all.

If you also look at my update on the first page I posted that I will sell outright, but the serial label will be removed, thus leaving no warranty. Same would apply to Bass Mechanics sales. Although he may or may not take off the serial it is all traced back to original buyer when service. Now hes in Colorado, and your in Houston....it just doesnt make sense, furthermore there is no original receipt with installation included on it.

--Don
not that it really matters now but in my defense i already stated i posted in your thread by accident. i did not read the posts compleatly and for that reason i had no idea you were doing a GD. i did not see any firm prices at the time.

as for the serial number yes you are wise to protect yourself from selling it with a S/N. if DEI found out you were doing that they would pull the product line from you. i am going through a distrubuter that for the right price is willing to risk it. that is why my price is higher than the cost. you and i both know the cost of the unit.
but FWIW to sell somthing after you have defaced the serial number is a federal offence. it ranks right along the same lines with selling stolen goods. even though you didn't steal it it's still illeagle.
all my units will come with the serial number intact. the only thing your giving up is the warranty. but if i leave the S/N intact i can still return the alarm to the distrubuter that i got it from and they are authorized distrubuters. (not exactly following the rules set by DEI though) so i can get warranty repair or replacement. BUT in my 15 years of installing DEI products i have NEVER seen a defective unit. not even after a 10 year install has one ever gone bad. in the early days of DEI they had problems with some of the relays for the park light flash go bad but since they fixed the problem i have never seen a bad one since.

sorry i posted in your thread again but i just wanted to add my .02 in my defense.
Old 10-19-2002 | 12:51 PM

not that it really matters now but in my defense i already stated i posted in your thread by accident. i did not read the posts compleatly and for that reason i had no idea you were doing a GD. i did not see any firm prices at the time.

as for the serial number yes you are wise to protect yourself from selling it with a S/N. if DEI found out you were doing that they would pull the product line from you. i am going through a distrubuter that for the right price is willing to risk it. that is why my price is higher than the cost. you and i both know the cost of the unit.
but FWIW to sell somthing after you have defaced the serial number is a federal offence. it ranks right along the same lines with selling stolen goods. even though you didn't steal it it's still illeagle.
all my units will come with the serial number intact. the only thing your giving up is the warranty. but if i leave the S/N intact i can still return the alarm to the distrubuter that i got it from and they are authorized distrubuters. (not exactly following the rules set by DEI though) so i can get warranty repair or replacement. BUT in my 15 years of installing DEI products i have NEVER seen a defective unit. not even after a 10 year install has one ever gone bad. in the early days of DEI they had problems with some of the relays for the park light flash go bad but since they fixed the problem i have never seen a bad one since.

sorry i posted in your thread again but i just wanted to add my .02 in my defense.
If I remove the serial numbers, I save them with the shipping receipt as I do with other companies that do not allow to sell online ie: JL,PG,Diamond,Eclipse,etc..IF there is a problem I still have the SN. I want to help other fellow Org members as well as keep my business.

The reason why I didnt post a price in the begining was simply because I wanted to gauge interest in how many people would jump in. If say only 3 the price would be one amount, and if 23 obviously greatly reduced.

I buy my products both through DEI, and through a local distributor. So yes we do both know cost, but at times there are price decreases as well as increases. I wasnt trying to ruin your business by stating that they shouldnt be sold outright, just stating facts that buyers should be aware of.

--Don
Old 10-19-2002 | 01:14 PM

If I remove the serial numbers, I save them with the shipping receipt as I do with other companies that do not allow to sell online ie: JL,PG,Diamond,Eclipse,etc..IF there is a problem I still have the SN. I want to help other fellow Org members as well as keep my business.

--Don
good plan Don no hard feelings here. it was a miss understanding on my part.
Old 10-19-2002 | 10:57 PM
Sports Button FTW

hEY DON, dont' forget about me!!! after y-pipe install i should be at your house with cash ready to buy, check your emails on the situation...one way or another i'll be there to atleast talk to u about what we can work out
Old 10-21-2002 | 05:31 AM

hEY DON, dont' forget about me!!! after y-pipe install i should be at your house with cash ready to buy, check your emails on the situation...one way or another i'll be there to atleast talk to u about what we can work out
Not a prob, ya know Im always here....

--Don
Old 10-22-2002 | 07:00 PM

sorry Don if you don't think this post should be here, please delete it
what should I do? I'm in GA, do you think I should just go to a local shop to buy it or buy it from your or bass?
Old 10-23-2002 | 05:11 AM

Originally posted by BioMaxDDS
sorry Don if you don't think this post should be here, please delete it
what should I do? I'm in GA, do you think I should just go to a local shop to buy it or buy it from your or bass?
If you would like to go to a local shop, you would def have your full warranty. Or if someone on the Org in your area is capable of hooking this up, I can ship it to you and then have them install it. You can also just call some of your local shops and ask them how much to just install it.

--Don
Old 10-23-2002 | 05:50 AM

I can ship it to you and then have them install it. --Don
Don, if we do it this way, I would lose my warranty right? thx
Old 10-23-2002 | 06:27 AM
www.autotalk.com

not really. As long as someone who knows what he is doing and is a certified installer you will not lose the warranty. In case the alarm is bad, just ship it back to Don and he will provide you with a replacement.

Just my 0.02
Old 10-23-2002 | 06:33 AM

not really. As long as someone who knows what he is doing and is a certified installer you will not lose the warranty. In case the alarm is bad, just ship it back to Don and he will provide you with a replacement.

Just my 0.02
Correct.....

BTW BioMax, YGM.
Old 10-23-2002 | 07:42 AM
www.autotalk.com

I hope you dont have a manual tranny

Quick Reply: Interests on Viper Responder 790XV????