Group Deals / Sponsors Forum Find out more information on group deals that are going on for Maxima parts from our Sponsors.

5th Gen Led Mirrors - headcount

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2003, 02:15 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by playero

you dont know what you are missing
Yours are not the same as the ones from CustomMaxima, or at least the ones pictured there. I saw your earlier posts with the pics but I didn't go to your homepage. After your post today I checked it out. The ones on your car don't look bad but the ones on from CM are BF'nU. It's hard to discribe but the way the plastic meets the edge on the side of the LED at the outer edge with that lip sucks. On yours it doesn't seem to be that way, also your LED looks like their wider top to bottom than the CM's which makes it look better.

Can you get some pics of it with more light and one close up directly from the side please?

All the talk has been that the set in this GD are the same as CM's if so I'm out. Based on what I see of yours if there like that I may change my tune.

Thanks
Old 04-26-2003, 08:18 AM

DAMN!!! Mine have condensation build up. I got my covers through paradox-systems too, and you know what the real crappy thing about this is...the warranty. To get the replacement cover, i would have to pay to ship the cover to the person i bought it from, i would have to wait for word from the manufacturer to see if it really is a defect, i would then have to pay for shipping to get it back, and then i would have to pay to have it painted again.
Man, this whole thing is great, but the quality and warranty really suck. My whole idea of customer service is that the costs should fall onto the company or person that sells or manufactures them. Condensation is not something I did to my covers. Hell, the piece should be sent COD, fixed or replaced, PAINTED(or give a universal credit to cover the costs of the paint , shop materials, and labour), and shipped back fully taken care of. Thats customer service.

ICULOOKIN, if you plan to get a groupbuy, find out what you can about the warranty and post it for us.
Old 04-27-2003, 01:59 PM
teddibear703

For all those that bought these led mirrors, do you want to sell me your BLACK driver side mirror? i had a hit and run and now i have no drivers side mirror... Let me know!! thanks
Old 05-01-2003, 12:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Ok, I keep getting brought up in this thread.. So let me clear some things up..

Originally posted by ICULookn

What I was told was that these led's were the sameones that were made for a group deal on the org about 9-12 months ago and the manufacture had to refund the money because it so long for it to be designed. He basically sold part of the stock once it was completed to Custom Maxima and others. This deal does not have a cutoff time at this point. Thanks to anyone who could get me good pictures of these installed
I don't even remember being approached about this GroupDeal first of all.. I never offered this pricing. If this is referring to me, then I have no idea what you are talking about.. There was no refund, and no delay. Yes, I supply to CustomMaxima.
Speaking of CustomMaxima. I am not trying to put his out of business, my prices are lower right now because of the "Grand Opening Discount." If you read my site, it is over by the end of May. I will then match CM's prices.

Originally posted by maximaman777

Yours are not the same as the ones from CustomMaxima, or at least the ones pictured there. I saw your earlier posts with the pics but I didn't go to your homepage. After your post today I checked it out. The ones on your car don't look bad but the ones on from CM are BF'nU. It's hard to discribe but the way the plastic meets the edge on the side of the LED at the outer edge with that lip sucks. On yours it doesn't seem to be that way, also your LED looks like their wider top to bottom than the CM's which makes it look better.
I sold the mirrors to Playero, I supply CustomMaxima, therefore Playero has the same ones as from CustomMaxima. Which goes to prove my point, as I have mentioned to some people.. It is an installation issue when it comes to that lip people see once it is installed.

Originally posted by big h
DAMN!!! Mine have condensation build up. I got my covers through paradox-systems too, and you know what the real crappy thing about this is...the warranty. To get the replacement cover, i would have to pay to ship the cover to the person i bought it from, i would have to wait for word from the manufacturer to see if it really is a defect, i would then have to pay for shipping to get it back, and then i would have to pay to have it painted again.
Man, this whole thing is great, but the quality and warranty really suck. My whole idea of customer service is that the costs should fall onto the company or person that sells or manufactures them. Condensation is not something I did to my covers. Hell, the piece should be sent COD, fixed or replaced, PAINTED(or give a universal credit to cover the costs of the paint , shop materials, and labour), and shipped back fully taken care of. Thats customer service.
big h,
You never spoke to me about condensation.. You spoke to me because your LED's were not lighting up. That was the reason I told you why I would need to receive your cover first, because your original problem sounded like you might have fried the LEDs in the installation. I tried working with you as much as possible, I was not insistent on you sending it back. That was a last resort. That's my idea of customer service. We worked out that it was a problem with your wiring that was preventing the LEDs from lighting up. That was the last I heard from you. Yes, there is condensation in the clear part but it has yet to affect the LEDs.

If you messed up the installation, which I clearly state I can not be responsible for, why does it not make sense you would have to cover costs to replace it?

People, please keep in mind that this is a one man show.. I try to provide the best customer service that I can. Not one customer so far can complain about the speed with which I get their products to them. I work round the clock to get these products out there. I am even losing money in the process.. I am doing my best to keep everyone happy.
Old 05-01-2003, 03:35 PM
I miss the .org!

What's going on? Is this GD still on? If so, please post a list of who's in...
Old 05-02-2003, 06:52 AM

Triple8Sol, I suggest you just purchase them from Paradox Systems, they are the cheapest right now, at least until the end of the month at $160.00 shipped. I'm going to have this thread closed if possible, I don't think its going anywhere.
Old 05-02-2003, 10:29 AM

Maxmojo...don't get me wrong, you were very patient with me and the wiring was my fault. In the end you did help me get the LED's up and running. The condensation thing is something new. It was mentioned here on this thread, and I went to check mine. Sure enough I had it. It does bother me that I'll probably have to go through the same process of shipping them, waiting for a probable cause, waiting, paying for shipping, paying for re-painting. Thats all. If ICULOOKN could figure out a warranty on these that would not make the buyer shell out anymore money than that would be cool.

big h,
You never spoke to me about condensation.. You spoke to me because your LED's were not lighting up. That was the reason I told you why I would need to receive your cover first, because your original problem sounded like you might have fried the LEDs in the installation. I tried working with you as much as possible, I was not insistent on you sending it back. That was a last resort. That's my idea of customer service. We worked out that it was a problem with your wiring that was preventing the LEDs from lighting up. That was the last I heard from you. Yes, there is condensation in the clear part but it has yet to affect the LEDs.

If you messed up the installation, which I clearly state I can not be responsible for, why does it not make sense you would have to cover costs to replace it?

People, please keep in mind that this is a one man show.. I try to provide the best customer service that I can. Not one customer so far can complain about the speed with which I get their products to them. I work round the clock to get these products out there. I am even losing money in the process.. I am doing my best to keep everyone happy. [/B][/QUOTE]