Group Deals / Sponsors Forum Find out more information on group deals that are going on for Maxima parts from our Sponsors.

Lowest price EVER on Ground Controls - group buy!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2003, 10:05 PM

Lowest price EVER on Ground Controls - group buy!

Hi guys, some of you may know me as altima8 on altimas.net

I've started a group buy over there for Ground Control coilover sets and have decided to include other Nissans as well.

(all) 240Z, 260Z
(all) 280Z, large diameter strut
1990 up 300ZX
93-00 Altima
91-94 Sentra / NX
89-97 240SX (autocross kit, firm ride)
95-99 200SX / Sentra
(all) Infiniti I30
95-01 Maxima

This group buy needs a TOTAL of 9 people, which means all car types added together. The kit includes Eibach street springs, Ground Control coilover assembly.

Start date: July 8th, 2003
End date: July 22nd, 2003

Total price is $340 shipped.

That is ridiculously low, lower than dealer cost in fact, so if you've been waiting to buy these now may be the time. I'm losing money on them as part of a promotion because my company has now started selling other products; this is a sort of launch if you will.

Feel free to email me or check out my reputation on altimas.net if you are worried.

Thanks guys!
Old 07-09-2003, 08:16 AM
Horra!!

Wait.... this is for all four corners?? Will this fit 2k2-3's ? Can you please post your GD thread on the Altimas.net forum? Thanks.
Old 07-09-2003, 08:25 AM

Hi looslip,
Unfortunately I think the 2002-03 Maxima/Altima springs are still in developmental stages because they are not listed in any of Ground-Control's catalogues... but yes that price is for all four corners.
I will try to find out what the status of the 02-03 stuff is if you would like me to.
Old 07-09-2003, 08:31 AM

Here is the altimas.net thread by the way.

http://www.nissantalk.com/forum/show...hreadid=111626
Old 07-09-2003, 08:49 AM

Hi, I see that your from Ontario as well. Im in Kitchener. How much canadian do you want? Add me to the list.
Old 07-09-2003, 09:17 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

if only you had 2k2-2k3 maximas..
Old 07-09-2003, 10:06 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

it'll fit...i belive 4th gen ones will fit the 5th gen.
Old 07-09-2003, 01:30 PM

crosspost

sorry to cross post but if this deal does not go through, i'm selling a set of these that came off my 97maxima. if interested, let me know
nismo97max@yahoo.com
Old 07-09-2003, 02:00 PM
2-Wheelin it...

Originally posted by chinaonnitrous1
it'll fit...i belive 4th gen ones will fit the 5th gen.
4th gen upper strut mount
4th gen GC coilovers
4th gen shocks/struts - for kyb specifically, some grinding has to be done.

but yes it will fit. i'm running this setup. no problems. if you want to avoid this modding, buy cattman's modded 4th gen agx's for 5th gens. then just pop in the 4th gen GC's and you're good to go.

enjoy
Old 07-09-2003, 02:50 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Im very interested. What is the ride adjustable height with these?
Im thinking EOM would be better than July 22, but thats just me.

Jonathan
Old 07-09-2003, 07:40 PM

Thanks for your knowledge on the subject of 4th/5th gen Maximas China and PoLo... I was going by what was on their website which may be out of date or maybe they just never thought to try the struts on the 5th gen.

I will confirm that they will guarantee their product for your application so that there are no troubles later on if something were to go wrong.

I'm working out a CDN price this week Stillmatic, so I will post it up in this thread when I get it. It will not be MUCH more expensive, maybe an extra $20 USD or so. I will give a firm price though.

Keep the questions coming if there are any more...I think we already have the 9 people necessary and then some, so this deal WILL go through. I even have 3 guys wanting pre-assembled coilovers with struts mounted in them, so those pretty well count as 2 orders each because of the dollar value. Also there are about 5-6 Altima guys that are in...so knowing how 30-40% of people who SAY they are in usually end up not having the $$ or whatever....I think we are STILL ok even if that happens, and this has only been posted for one day.

I assure you, I will NEVER do this GD again at this price because I LITERALLY am selling them for less than they cost me, I'm kicking in a few bucks of my own cash for each order. It's promotion, so that's fine...but take advantage while you can!!!
Old 07-09-2003, 08:40 PM
2-Wheelin it...

Originally posted by altima8
Thanks for your knowledge on the subject of 4th/5th gen Maximas China and PoLo... I was going by what was on their website which may be out of date or maybe they just never thought to try the struts on the 5th gen.

I will confirm that they will guarantee their product for your application so that there are no troubles later on if something were to go wrong.

I'm working out a CDN price this week Stillmatic, so I will post it up in this thread when I get it. It will not be MUCH more expensive, maybe an extra $20 USD or so. I will give a firm price though.

Keep the questions coming if there are any more...I think we already have the 9 people necessary and then some, so this deal WILL go through. I even have 3 guys wanting pre-assembled coilovers with struts mounted in them, so those pretty well count as 2 orders each because of the dollar value. Also there are about 5-6 Altima guys that are in...so knowing how 30-40% of people who SAY they are in usually end up not having the $$ or whatever....I think we are STILL ok even if that happens, and this has only been posted for one day.

I assure you, I will NEVER do this GD again at this price because I LITERALLY am selling them for less than they cost me, I'm kicking in a few bucks of my own cash for each order. It's promotion, so that's fine...but take advantage while you can!!!
this isn't something GC knows about (although i assume they do) it's something we've realized and it should be warrantied, cause the warranty is based on mounting where it has to be mounted, which is a 4th gen shock/strut. it's the mounting structure of the 4th gen mount that allows it to mount on a 5th gen. clarify with them that nothing is modified to fit the GC's. they are mounting where they normally mount. that should allow them to accept it under warranty.
Old 07-10-2003, 08:20 AM
Horra!!

Altima8, Please inquire with GC about 2k2 & 3's. Thanks, I appreciate your efforts. Take care.
Old 07-10-2003, 08:57 AM

what kinda drop are we looking at here? 2+??? if so im intrested!
thanks vishaal
Old 07-10-2003, 09:02 AM
2-Wheelin it...

Originally posted by vsmax
what kinda drop are we looking at here? 2+??? if so im intrested!
thanks vishaal
it can go lower...this is me currently
measured from floor to top of wheel fender...24.75"
measure your stock height and that's how low it can go

Old 07-10-2003, 09:19 AM

damn marco!
thats low...is that 2?

vishaal
Old 07-10-2003, 09:39 AM
jun

marco
did you use camber plates and how is the ride quality any squeeks
Old 07-10-2003, 12:38 PM
2-Wheelin it...

vishaal: like i said, i don't know how much of a drop it is. measure your stock heigh and subtract 24.75. that's the drop. i don't recall what stock height was.

Jun: no i did not use and by looking, it doesn't seem like i need and i was also told by another fellow .orger who did slam it and he had a camber kit but never had the need to adjust it. so no, no need. it's lower right now, i'll take pictures when i get home.
Old 07-10-2003, 10:04 PM

hey polo, how long have you been driving with this drop? do the wheels stick out funny at all??
Old 07-10-2003, 10:10 PM
2-Wheelin it...

Originally posted by PhillyDonut
hey polo, how long have you been driving with this drop? do the wheels stick out funny at all??
about 2 months.
wheels don't stick out at all...they seem fine.
it's a clean look. believe me, you'll be happy.
Old 07-11-2003, 04:47 PM
2-Wheelin it...

i took some more pictures just a few minutes ago. that's at 24.75 inches.

hope you like them.
Old 07-12-2003, 06:17 PM

Thanks for the pics PoLo, that shows the drop they give very well...and IMO that is the perfect drop...no tuckage and no gap...
I know that for Altimas if you trim the spring seat and some other stuff you can get extra drop out of the GC's; I've seen some Altimas SLAMMED on them, so if you guys are interested in ridiculous drops I'm fairly certain it could be accomplished as well.

Just wanted to update you guys....there are now 19 Altimas in on this so the deal will go through absolutely. Even if half back out we're ok, because there is myself as a definite, 4 Sentra guys, 19 Altimas, and a few of you Maximas as well. All we needed was 9 people so we are in very good shape here.
Old 07-12-2003, 09:23 PM

any word on much much u want canadian? I got some money waiting for ya
Old 07-12-2003, 09:31 PM
jun

thanks for the pictures polo
just one more question, does gc sqeeks a lot, i have an agx and h and r set up right now and plannig to go slightly lower, i like the ride quality of my set up but if gc makes it lower and quiter i might join this gd
Old 07-13-2003, 10:34 AM

Originally posted by Stillmatic
any word on much much u want canadian? I got some money waiting for ya
I'm in Toronto and want to kno the same thing. Also how much would it be for a fully assembled kit (including struts) for a 95 maxima and what kind of struts would be used.

Thanks
Old 07-13-2003, 02:16 PM

The guy didn't get back to me in time on Friday (I had to go out at 6pm)but I will put the CDN price and the price for pre-assembled packages up in here on Monday. All I really need to know is how much extra shipping it's going to cost...the parts price is already available.
Old 07-13-2003, 02:18 PM

For those who already have GC, if i want to adjust the height do i need to do an alignment each time or its not necessary?
Thanks
Old 07-14-2003, 09:18 AM

I'm interested in a set.....
Old 07-14-2003, 09:28 AM
2-Wheelin it...

Originally posted by LENINGRAD
For those who already have GC, if i want to adjust the height do i need to do an alignment each time or its not necessary?
Thanks
NOPE...only once...in fact, i haven't even done mine yet...
Old 07-22-2003, 10:45 AM

Ok....group deal ends tonight at midnight...no new orders will be taken as of then. I will attempt to send order forms to all interested parties by tonight, so if by tomorrow you have not received one please post your email address in this thread and let me know.

Thanks for all the help guys, and please ask any other lingering questions in this thread and I'll try to answer by end of dinner time.

Ok...some info for the Canadian guys...

I have been researching this for a few days now, and this is how it breaks down.

The GC's are $340usd, which translates to $475cdn.
You have to add duty, and GST to that amount. Quebec residents will have to add provincial sales tax as well, but for the purposes of this explanation I'll assume it is for non-Quebec residents.

To get them "into the country" it will cost $545cdn each unit. I will have to ship them all to a central point as one shipment upon entering Canada or I (we) will get charged a seperate brokerage fee for EACH item as opposed to one charge for the shipment.

In other words, I can't ship directly from GC to you unless you are prepared to pay shipping, brokerage, duty, GST. Brokerage will vary by carrier; I know UPS, FedEX etc. are around $50 for an item of this value.

The most economical solution is this:
I ship all the Canadian ordered GCs to my shop, from here I will allow people to pick them up, or when I make my next trip to Toronto area (will be very soon) I will bring them with me and we can meet in a central location in the GTA to distribute them all.

The "normal" way this would go down (and anyone who has ordered from Canada to get US products has had this happen) is that the vendor will say:
"It's $30 extra shipping to Canada."...and then you assume that's it.

NOPE.

I've been burned MANY times...what the vendor normally does is just use his regular courrier company to ship to Canada, and does not clear the item for customs. So what happens is this:
a) you get a notice to go down to FedEX depot tp pick it up and get slapped with a $50-$75 fee that you weren't expecting or
b) it arrives at your door and the driver asks for a "brokerage fee" of $50-$75 dollars.

I can't stress this enough, this may sound considerably more expensive than a place on the internet may quote you for shipping GC's to Canada, but ADD $50-$75 to any quote you get, because they NEVER include brokerage and handling fees etc.

I will also inquire about shipping rates within Canada itself for those who don't like the idea of picking it up or meeting in GTA...I'm pretty sure I can ship them for under $30 to pretty well anywhere in Canada.

Sorry for the long post, but it's a complicated issue!
Old 07-22-2003, 12:52 PM

I am in e-mail me at 2kphatmax@optonline.net
Old 07-22-2003, 09:11 PM

Originally posted by bdog
I am in e-mail me at 2kphatmax@optonline.net
You never posted the price for a fully assembled coilover kit with the struts.
Old 07-23-2003, 09:14 AM

So wus going on wit this.
Old 07-23-2003, 09:18 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Buy these. They are awesome. I used the GCs as part of my custom coilovers. Buy these and go aftermarket with the mounts, bumpstops, and buy helpersprings and youll be all set. My car handles like its on rails.
Old 07-23-2003, 05:13 PM

Sorry about that...the struts are actually brought in by KYB so I can't get GB price on those...they would be more expensive than buying them at a shop! Best to just get the coilovers and get struts elsewhere...
Old 07-29-2003, 06:18 AM

so wut's up r we getting these or wut.