Group Deals / Sponsors Forum Find out more information on group deals that are going on for Maxima parts from our Sponsors.

G/D**Gauging Interest**Clarion ProAudio VRX935VD!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2003 | 04:20 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

G/D**Gauging Interest**Clarion ProAudio VRX935VD!

Very please to announce I have talked with a distributor for Clarion audio on the web about getting a group deal for this top of the line mobile audio/video system. As you all know current prices for this unit is well over $1000 + shipping. I am working on getting a GD price of only $875 shipped to your door. That is I would need 10 people in order to get this price and with 15 orders I can negotiate another discount.
Click here to see whats included.
Now, for those of you who dont much about me I ran a very successful GD before on the KYB GR2 and here is a link so you can review yourself.
My last GD on KYB products
Now, I am not a car audio buff so I cannot answer any technical question you may have. I was just very interested in this unit. If you are very interested, please post here so we can gauge the level of interest. Warranty will be available with your purchase. Absolutely brand spanking new. Not refurbished and floor models and definitely not used. Lastly, I will not make information about the distributor available as of yet. This is so he is not bombarded with unlimited inquiries. You can check my feedback on the org and my last group deal. If you are not comfortable and wish to speak to me privately we can arranged that too.
Thanks --Ralph

List of interested parties:

1. nubianupe
2. scmaxima2k
3. chinaonnitrous
4. turbo95max
5. nymaxedout
Old 09-17-2003 | 06:19 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I'm no audio guru either, so I got a few questions.

1. Would the stereo controls on the steering wheel work with this unit in any way? or would they become useless?

2. How's the fit/finish of this unit look in a '02-03 dash? Does it fill the OEM space well enuff so there isn't some big-a$$ ugly plastic sleeve surrounding the gaps? I don't have the Nav stuff in my model. Anyone got one of these installed already in their Max? Pics?

Price seems unbelievable based on what other retailers want for one online.

These group deals are gonna be the ruin of me...or lead to a divorce
Old 09-17-2003 | 06:58 PM
Horra!!

Wow, this looks like a really good deal. I wish I wasn't so broke. I'd like to know how this would like in a 2k-3 as well. If I were to guess tho, I'd think I'd need to get the $60 kit off crutchfield to retain the steering wheel controls and another kit to make the center console look nice... If I were given the means I'd jump allovadis!
Old 09-17-2003 | 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Maximus03SE
I'm no audio guru either, so I got a few questions.

1. Would the stereo controls on the steering wheel work with this unit in any way? or would they become useless?
Pretty much like "looslip" said, you can buy a kit in order to retain use of the steering wheel controls. Again, I am not a audiophile so I am not 100% sure. You can read more about that on the Audio forum section. There's tons of useful information available there.
2. How's the fit/finish of this unit look in a '02-03 dash? Does it fill the OEM space well enuff so there isn't some big-a$$ ugly plastic sleeve surrounding the gaps?
Again, that too.. I dont know but I suppose like all aftermarket systems you will need a trim kit to retain a close to stock flush finish...
Old 09-18-2003 | 12:09 AM
OG Maxima.org Member

Ralph, I remember how well your GD went with the struts. But let me play "devil's advocate" here for a sec.

Believe me, I'm VERY interested in this!! Especially if the price is as you've said. But I've seen exactly 3 (that I can remember off the top of my head) GD's for the same thing come down the pipeline, with what seemed to be just as awesome a price as you're saying.

And in each and every one, either the price went right back up to what would be more in-line with the MSRP for this (roughly $1800 or so), or the deal fell through because the distributer just how LOW they would be selling it and backed out.

My point here, is that I don't wanna get my hopes up once again, just to see them, one again, smashed in the sea of "good intentions" we've grown accustomed to seeing here on the org.

You can pencil me in ONLY if your people aren't trying to pull our proverbial chains.

(oh... and free bump)
Old 09-18-2003 | 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by nubiannupe
Ralph, I remember how well your GD went with the struts. But let me play "devil's advocate" here for a sec.

Believe me, I'm VERY interested in this!! Especially if the price is as you've said. But I've seen exactly 3 (that I can remember off the top of my head) GD's for the same thing come down the pipeline, with what seemed to be just as awesome a price as you're saying.

And in each and every one, either the price went right back up to what would be more in-line with the MSRP for this (roughly $1800 or so), or the deal fell through because the distributer just how LOW they would be selling it and backed out.

My point here, is that I don't wanna get my hopes up once again, just to see them, one again, smashed in the sea of "good intentions" we've grown accustomed to seeing here on the org.

You can pencil me in ONLY if your people aren't trying to pull our proverbial chains.

(oh... and free bump)

I also remember those other failed group deals for this unit. I am very interested in this deal but I dont want to get my hopes up again. One thing I would like to know is if you can guarantee that these units are new, non-refurb, and not factory seconds. Like I said above, I am very interested in this deal and I hope everything works out.

-Steve
Old 09-18-2003 | 10:15 AM

yeah, wow....a reputable member of the .org has set up a group deal for one of the most sought after screens. I actually trust this one. Even though 8-900 is still below the supposed cost. Theyre getting old now, not sure if clarion has dropped the price to move the units so the new ones can come in tho...
Old 09-18-2003 | 11:58 AM
Turtle turtle... Moderator

hummm
sounds like another too good to be true threads but id really like to see it come through. Ill pick up 1 or 2 if you can really get that price. thanks
Old 09-18-2003 | 02:49 PM

Hello: I am well aware of the failed attempts to get this G/D going in the past. I was a little bit concerned myself so I did some research and spoke at length with the supplier on all matters regarding pricing, supply and quality. I spoke to the contact again today and "verify" the best I can that he can deliver. He gave me a reference that I contacted right after I hang up the phone with him.

Unlike the other attempts, this price is firm and I am confident I can deliver. I dont intend to raise expectations and let you guys down. So, let me know who I should put down as definite "yes" so I can began to work on it. Again- I have good confidence this G/D will work.
Old 09-18-2003 | 03:34 PM
I tend to get a bit irritable

I would be extremely surpirsed to see this go through. Not in anyway doubting you NyMaxedOut, but I think you may be being lowballed like posted above. Again, not You doing anything wrong. I spoke with my distributor as well as Clarion direct. They are both Very surprised to hear about this. Of course I didnt tell them that its from Maxima.Org, etc...I was just very curious. If this is a legit deal...my distributor may buy some as well. And he being one of the largest distributors cannot even purchase them this low. Considering he buys 2+ million dollars a year (just in Clarion)...there must be a catch somewhere.

--Don
Old 09-18-2003 | 03:36 PM

for ralph's GD skills
Old 09-18-2003 | 04:17 PM

I'm in for this GD and like everyone said before I hope that this actually goes through. So go ahead and add me to the list. $875 I'm pray this is for real.

Ralph, check your PM.
Old 09-19-2003 | 05:07 PM

I am interested if that is the price.
Old 09-19-2003 | 06:04 PM

i've been wantin that hu for so long now its ridiculous... anyways, i might be down for it but i dont have the money right now... i'd have it in like a month and a half though
Old 09-19-2003 | 07:02 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=32825

here: 800 shipped

new, sealed
Old 09-19-2003 | 08:17 PM

davidme - good call!

NyMaxedOut - if I dont get this on on eBay, I'll add my name to this list...
Old 09-20-2003 | 07:00 PM

i'm trying to sell my current pioneer setup! but for that price IF i sell mine in time i would get one.
Old 09-20-2003 | 08:20 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Sign me up for for this deal if that is the price
Old 09-21-2003 | 12:59 AM

if indeed 875 is the price i'm in...

is there going to be a up front requisite?

i too saw the last couple of GD's on this and am hoping that all is well in clarion land and this doesn't turn out to be the maxima.org equivalent of the simpsons monorail episode...
Old 09-21-2003 | 02:48 AM

Fellas, $800 w/free shipping as found above is not a bad deal. To be honest, better than $875. Nonetheless, you are getting from Ebay and it comes with the associated risks. In any event, I contacted the contact person regarding the relevant' skepticsims' which have very good reasons and he again assured and is confident he can/will deliver. I plan on talking to him some more this monday to reconfirm and finalize everything.
Sorry, its late ... or early.. 5:40a and I am a bit tired to get into more details. Will get back on this this coming Monday. Thanks
Ralph -
Old 09-21-2003 | 03:03 PM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

Add me to the list.
Old 09-21-2003 | 04:29 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Ive been looking for a deal on this to replace my old clarion lcd deck put me down .
Old 09-21-2003 | 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by N34JZ
Ive been looking for a deal on this to replace my old clarion lcd deck put me down .
Not a problem. I will add everyone that is interested. I will confirm everything on Monday and take it from there.
Old 09-21-2003 | 04:48 PM

you might wanna try to post this (or a link) in all the gens so that everybody can see it and hopefully get the price as low as possible.... just a suggestion
Old 09-23-2003 | 10:14 AM

i would like to be added to this deal if possible. looking to install some stuff for early xmas.
thx
Old 09-24-2003 | 03:30 PM

Ok fellas, I am still in talk with the seller at this time. I am basically addressing the main points and again want to make absolutely sure he can deliver. After all, the cost at hand is not petty change so I am trying to avoid all possible, foreseeable problems. I am running a little slow and behind schedules mainly because of work and studies. Lots of reading as i am sure you guys know.

_Ralph_
Old 09-24-2003 | 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by NyMaxedOut
Ok fellas, I am still in talk with the seller at this time. I am basically addressing the main points and again want to make absolutely sure he can deliver. After all, the cost at hand is not petty change so I am trying to avoid all possible, foreseeable problems. I am running a little slow and behind schedules mainly because of work and studies. Lots of reading as i am sure you guys know.

_Ralph_

hey Ralph... what's the latest with this? i'm seriously condiering jumping in, espicially considering how well the KYB deal went, I guess just like everyone else we want like concrete reassurance.. i dunno.. but its an amazing deal..

Jeff
Old 09-25-2003 | 07:23 AM
Banned

Here is some info I got from an Ebay seller. If anyone wants to try and buy. This is for the Clarion VRX935VD

The final price will be $800 US with shipping included.

This is my name and address for the wire transfer at Western Union:

First Name: Florin Marius
Last Name: Tudose
Adress: Str. Fundeni 63,
City:Bucharest,
Zip:77432

Please, when you'll go to Western Union to wire the money to me, if they will ask you to whom you'll send the money, tell them that to a friend, because the fees for the business transfer are higher and they'll charge me here for that. Thank's in advance!

Don't forget to email me your exact name and address for the ship. Also, put the money on my full name Florin Marius Tudose and check twice the spelling because sometimes they do mistakes. After you'll make the payment email me MTCN from WU receipt to check the transffer on www.westernunion.com.

I'll be online to receive your infos.

--- On Wed 09/24, Terrence Hadley wrote:

To: qwertyd@myway.com
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 08:10:23 -0400
Subject: RE: Question from eBay Member

What is the best price? Can you do better than $875? Let me know.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2003 8:22 PM
To: Terrence Hadley
Subject: RE: Question from eBay Member

I have only 5 monitors.

I'll wait for your reply.
Old 09-25-2003 | 09:58 PM

om my Friggn god, please tell me you dont believe this guy, this is a scam. trust me, they dont need the name of the sender or Id to get the money, all they need is the MTCN. They have been pulling this scam for a while and i almost fell for this with a laptop purchase about 1 yr ago. If i didnt check with Wester Union ,i wouldnt have known, ask Western Union if this procdeure is legit and they will tell you that is a scam and they cant guarnantee any transaction in Romainia,Spain, Indonesia and a couple other countries.

Read this article!!

http://www.msnbc.com/news/957191.asp
Old 09-30-2003 | 04:29 PM

any updates on this???

-Steve
Old 10-01-2003 | 11:49 AM

Let me also add that I wouldnt buy anything from anyone that is out of the country. I am even iffy about things from people in CAN. Not a reflection on the Canadians but just my own personal bias that the laws in other countries may not offer any protection on international transactions. Not even the US laws will help you get anything back. So, as a school of thought! DO NOT BUY ANYTHING ONLINE ORIGINATING FROM ANOTHER COUNTRY. Again, that is my personal opinion and recommendation. You can differ, its your $. BTW, I gladly conduct transactions with Canadian org members. I am talking more about transactions from Ebay. Canada maybe close but still out of reach to some degree.

On another note, I have to apologize for not following up on this deal as well as I could but I have been extremely busy the past couple of weeks. I truly do not have the time as I did in the summer when I did the KYB GD. I am now taking to 2 graduate level classes and the amount of reading I have to do is beyond ridiculous. In fact, I feel guilty when I log on to this site b/c I know I have other essentials I have to do. In any event, I am going to try and patiently work on this and if you guys can be patient with me I will keep you updated. I am going to make an effort to logon and work more on this more diligently.
Old 10-02-2003 | 05:15 PM

I'm in if I can sell my Clarion Max2256. Anyone?? $400 you guys pay shipping because I wouldn't know what to charge. Pick Up preferred though NYC.
Old 10-08-2003 | 06:53 AM
Banned

Whatever happened to this? it sounded too good to be true
Old 10-08-2003 | 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Cesar
it sounded too good to be true

just like all the previous ones
Old 10-08-2003 | 10:49 PM
Oh hi....

Originally Posted by RusoTuristo
just like all the previous ones

i wish it wasn't his seemed like a pimp dedal
Old 10-10-2003 | 10:51 AM

possible down for one
Old 10-13-2003 | 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by tzmanles
possible down for one
i got a price from a friend and he told me $1,100 new.

$800 with shipping sound to good to be true.
Old 10-14-2003 | 10:04 PM

has this fizzled out?

oh, and ------>bump
Old 10-23-2003 | 04:46 AM

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh too good to be true
Old 10-23-2003 | 07:00 AM

So basically this is done with ? If not add me to this list.

Quick Reply: G/D**Gauging Interest**Clarion ProAudio VRX935VD!