Group Deals / Sponsors Forum Find out more information on group deals that are going on for Maxima parts from our Sponsors.

GD: 4th gen DUAL BEAM, PROJECTOR housing, angel/demon eye option headlights

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 03:51 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by meccanoble
ga dayum thats hot. geo, i was about to say that i dont need high beams cause my 9004's hid low beam setup is enough light for 95% of my situations. I do hit some roads that have a serious up and down hill where i would have loved high beams. But i see how the splash of the fugly 9004's can create such a heavy amount of wide light. projectors i guess will definitely need high beam.

just to make sure that is not my car, however i wish it was

but yeah with a shield you dont see anything on the dark side
Old 02-23-2004, 10:32 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by umnitza
I think those are pretty nifty

If we can work with them, we might be able to bring it in for less.
Well... whatever you guys can do. If you figure out how to do bixenon projectors and fit them in our housings, great!

If you cooperate with HIDTech or end up handing over the whole project... well... whatever works best. I am definitely waiting for a set of projectors for the gen4, and my deposit is still ready.
Old 02-23-2004, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by EZEMaxima
I like that HIDTECH headlight conversion.

more pics of beam pattern

more insatlled pics

Hope Karl doesn't mind me posting pictures of his new projector headlights

Eric
I think those look really ugly! I would not buy those lights for $20. I'm still waiting to see what comes of this group deal. I mean I know that this has taken a while, but everyone seems to have forgotten how nice those headlights looked on that bmw. Guys, lets just be patient and see what this company comes out with.

-Chirs
Old 02-23-2004, 02:16 PM
Tha Snatcher

Originally Posted by SupermaxGxe
I think those look really ugly! I would not buy those lights for $20. I'm still waiting to see what comes of this group deal. I mean I know that this has taken a while, but everyone seems to have forgotten how nice those headlights looked on that bmw. Guys, lets just be patient and see what this company comes out with.

-Chirs
Love the piece of paper over the plate, real classy

j/k
Old 02-23-2004, 03:26 PM

-Chirs
...you're a moron...
Old 02-23-2004, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Stringztoo
...you're a moron...
I'm a moron? Look whos talking, you want to jump on the first set of lights you can buy, no matter how ugly. I've seen better looking home made headlights. Sorry about your impatients, when it comes to something for your car. I mean come on, these cars have waited at least 5 years for projectors I think you can wait a few more months.

-Chris
Old 02-23-2004, 09:57 PM

I'm a moron? Look whos talking, you want to jump on the first set of lights you can buy, no matter how ugly. I've seen better looking home made headlights. Sorry about your impatients, when it comes to something for your car. I mean come on, these cars have waited at least 5 years for projectors I think you can wait a few more months.

-Chris
First of all Captain Moron, it's impatience, not "impatients"... That's not a typo, you're just a moron. Second of all, you've waited for 5 years and guess what??? No one's going to mass produce these seeing as this model is 2 generations old! You think they're making new lights for the Geo Prizm anytime soon? No. Those lights you are calling ugly were made by the same type of professionals as Umnitza. Even the home-made sets are damm good looking. You're never going to get something that looks like a 350Z, or an E500, or an s2000. It's never going to happen. These lights were not made for it.

And third of all, who said I'm jumping on those lights or anyone's lights for that matter?!? I never said I was buying lights from him, her, or anyone! Technically, this company (Umnitza) is the first "company" that would produce these, so you're just negating your moronic (there it is again) comments! Doh! You did a stupid again with everyone looking at you...

You know what, please... hold your breath for me until you get the lights you truly like, then you'll keel over and die and we won't have to hear stupid **** from stupid people...
Old 02-23-2004, 10:03 PM
Former Sponsor

string - I would agree with everything you said, except the attack on the chris.

Chris, you don't have to judge something by pictures. I frankly think those are nice

If we can come up with that and make it just as nice or nicer for less, then that's what we'll do

I suspect I'll have to make another trip to SoCal to make that happen
Old 02-23-2004, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by umnitza
string - I would agree with everything you said, except the attack on the chris.
Chris, you don't have to judge something by pictures. I frankly think those are nice
If we can come up with that and make it just as nice or nicer for less, then that's what we'll do
I suspect I'll have to make another trip to SoCal to make that happen

Dude, I am sick of stupid people saying stupid things. I'll be honest, I liked what I heard when this all started, but I'm losing faith in you guys at Umnitza because you said you can't fit bi-xenons in the housing even when it's been done countless times before. Not to mention the fact this thread started back in October of 2003...

So far geo's, soul's, and even Mad-Max's lights are all awesome. Being unique and different is what sets our cars apart. They are all functional and should not be judged as being "ugly".

I hope you guys come up with something soon because this is something that should be out there for us. Otherwise, they'll be alot of home-made sets out there and alot of angry (and broke) people.
Old 02-23-2004, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Stringztoo
Dude, I am sick of stupid people saying stupid things. I'll be honest, I liked what I heard when this all started, but I'm losing faith in you guys at Umnitza because you said you can't fit bi-xenons in the housing even when it's been done countless times before. Not to mention the fact this thread started back in October of 2003...

So far geo's, soul's, and even Mad-Max's lights are all awesome. Being unique and different is what sets our cars apart. They are all functional and should not be judged as being "ugly".

I hope you guys come up with something soon because this is something that should be out there for us. Otherwise, they'll be alot of home-made sets out there and alot of angry (and broke) people.
ok, if you've lost faith in this thread than leave and don't come back

umnitza is a large company and it takes a long time for them to come out with a product because they have to make sure it will be cost efective for them to make and reliable for us to use. besides hid-tech there have only been 2 people who have made projector setups made for the 4th gen, geo and indigo. you have to realize that Geo himself said that there is no practical way to mass produce these HID projectors for our car after he did it himself, and while indigo's light looked good at first everyone knows what happened with that project.

i don't see why anyone would be angry if this deal falls through. upset YES, angry, NO. it would just mean that umnitza has decided that it wouldn't be worth their time and money to make these and that is their right. its not like you put a deposit down for them or something.

if you want projectors that bad than go spend $900 for them at hid-tech (those look great but cost way too much for me) or stop *****in at people on this forum and make your own
Old 02-24-2004, 07:21 AM
BK's97max

im in on a gd on projectors if someone can finalize a price keep me posted and pm me when a price is known thanks

Old 02-24-2004, 07:30 AM

im in too if price is right
Old 02-24-2004, 11:32 AM
Tha Snatcher

I like these!! I'm holding out for DDE though and the possiblity for a one piece project.
Old 02-24-2004, 12:13 PM

I think everyone should stop replying unless there's some real news. Cuz everytime I get an email notice that someone has replied, I log on to the message board in hopes of seeing some news, but 90% of the time it's just someone *****ing.
Old 02-24-2004, 01:22 PM
Tha Snatcher

Originally Posted by SaNdMaN
I think everyone should stop replying unless there's some real news. Cuz everytime I get an email notice that someone has replied, I log on to the message board in hopes of seeing some news, but 90% of the time it's just someone *****ing.
Sorry about that, bitter boy. OOPS, you probably got an email about this post. But for real, someone is always gonna b!tch. Just gotta live w/ it, bro.
Old 02-24-2004, 08:45 PM

Gentlemen I’m the owner of those lights, and I just checked out this thread for the first time since it started. I read the last four pages and I’m sorry to hear of the delays and the impatience that has grown out of the wait.

[QUOTE=EZEMaxima]I like that HIDTECH headlight conversion.

This shot are from my old 8500k 9004 kit. This is on page two of my site

The beam patterns for the Bi-xenons are on page three of my site. Please don't confuse one for the other.

The key to everything is being informed, and having the right info. I listed the threads below, they have ALL INFO on my retrofit, cost, links to other companies, forums, and how to. Just read and you will find all the info you need. Just be informed.

My thread
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=284370

Geo’s thread
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=286684

Mad
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=287030

Mec’s thread
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=287244&page=1

Peace
Old 02-24-2004, 10:06 PM

how much was the cost for this setup
Old 02-26-2004, 07:07 PM

I like that HIDTECH headlight conversion.

more pics of beam pattern

more insatlled pics

Hope Karl doesn't mind me posting pictures of his new projector headlights

Eric
Sorry man!! when i first posted these, you still didn't have all the pictures on it. I assumed that the previous page was the light output of your new projector.

Here is the correct beam pattern
Old 02-26-2004, 07:15 PM

Those are some sick looking lights but we should still shoot for dual, although it most likely wont happen, dual would look sick as he*l

-matt
Old 02-28-2004, 08:51 AM

Old 02-28-2004, 11:42 AM

y dont someone take geo1317 concept and fabricate some sort of housing. id do it but i dont ahve the time or the know how.. maxedoutofcash is doin it. he has tried to, but broke the housing he was using and time fell short for him.. tony, geo, bigsadler.. u guys have ideas im sure and u guys know people in high places.. just neeed a design and relocation of sum things in the engine bay..

is there a company that can do this.. they would meake a killing in this if they could. dont meant o diss the thread, actually quite opposite.. everyones losing faith in this, but none is giving any ideas on how to..

just my 2 cents. just venting a bit..
blake
Old 03-01-2004, 06:22 PM
Tha Snatcher

Anything yet?
Old 03-02-2004, 02:04 AM

Old 03-03-2004, 04:58 AM

I'm not pushing here, but what's the status? I just want to know.
Old 03-03-2004, 02:23 PM

I know stuff like this takes a long time to develop, but 5 months and not even a prototype? Did Umnitza drop the project yet? Cuz we should just let the thread die then.
Old 03-04-2004, 08:46 AM

Update:

Just to alleviate everyone's concerns, Matt from Umnitza was in touch with me last week, looking for a gen 4 headlight with a clear cover (which does not exist). Their aim is to make a dual projector design... or nothing. They have done a bit of research in their area and will have an answer for us as to yay or nay, shortly. As of early last week, they wanted 2-3 weeks. So we should hear back from Matt shortly.

They are working hard at it to give it ALL to us. Hope they can find a way. They do have headlight and corner light samples that they are working with otherwise.
Old 03-04-2004, 11:10 AM
Tha Snatcher

Originally Posted by speedemn
Update:

Just to alleviate everyone's concerns, Matt from Umnitza was in touch with me last week, looking for a gen 4 headlight with a clear cover (which does not exist). Their aim is to make a dual projector design... or nothing. They have done a bit of research in their area and will have an answer for us as to yay or nay, shortly. As of early last week, they wanted 2-3 weeks. So we should hear back from Matt shortly.

They are working hard at it to give it ALL to us. Hope they can find a way. They do have headlight and corner light samples that they are working with otherwise.
Didn't they scrap the dual projector idea? i remember reading a post saying that it wouldn't fit....?
Old 03-04-2004, 12:00 PM

Woohoo-- some hope is better than no hope!

I'll wait the next 1-2 weeks then... patience seems to be required in abundance.
Old 03-04-2004, 01:33 PM
Tha Snatcher

Originally Posted by brianw
...patience seems to be required in abundance.
you can say that again.
Old 03-04-2004, 02:16 PM

Will this still be a one piece headlight?

-Chris
Old 03-05-2004, 05:17 AM

anyone wants to buy my projectors, its just the projector only, i was going to do the mod myself but need $ to paint my car. Check the parts for sale section...
Old 03-11-2004, 05:31 PM

take me off this list. I am doing this myself for only $450 and it's going ot be well worth not having to wait until August or Sepetember to get something started... this thread started back on 10/03!
Old 03-13-2004, 04:27 AM
Tha Snatcher

These are made to fit a cefiro. Do you see the halos? If it can hold two reflectors and a corner bulb, then Umnitza can fit two projectors w/ a corner bulb into a 4th gen, right? If these where a direct fitment for 4th gens, i'd be all over these, but i don't wanna deal w/ the bodywork. Very attractive headlamps, IMO.
Old 03-13-2004, 04:50 AM

Final Update
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=293700

Sorry guys, I/we tried. Better to have tried and lost than not tried at all.

Anish