Group Deals / Sponsors Forum Find out more information on group deals that are going on for Maxima parts from our Sponsors.

Sway Bar Difference in Ride

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2003, 06:47 AM

Sway Bar Difference in Ride

I just wanted to tell everyone that doesn't know, how much difference a sway bar will make.

My son had a sStillen Rear Sway bar on his 98, I have a 00 which is stock, it is amazing the difference, his car is like it is on rails, no tilting on turns, no whipping feeling from the rear of the car at all. My 2000 is all over the place, I had a 2000 Mustang, which was very tight to the road, I have a favorite corner, well I have more than one, but I have taken this corner at 85mpg (late night, no other cars where in sight) in my Mustang, and it held the road fine, I tried the same turn in my Maxima, No way, it was scary feeling, car was rocking and see sawing all around. I felt like I should have kept the Mustang, really disappointed in the handling of the car.

So my son and I went to buy his 98, guy let me take it on a back road and told me to see what it could do. I figured "oh well, he has never been in a Mustang", but I could not beleive the difference, it hugged the road and with the acceleration of the Max, I could punch thru corners, which the Mustang had problems with, the engine was so noisy, it sound like it was going to fly apart.

My 12 year old daughter even noticed the difference and she knows nothing about cars. She said, Dad why does your car sway around on curves, Seans doesn't do that, his is more steady than yours.

I mean it is night and day difference.

So get off your butts and get the $105 in to Andrew, I think this is the best mod available for the Max, also get a front strut bar, Street Styler has them for $49.95, for the OBX Racing chrome bar.

Later,

Don