Group Deals / Sponsors Forum Find out more information on group deals that are going on for Maxima parts from our Sponsors.

5th Gen CF Hood GD $300 + shipping

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2004, 01:53 PM
Former Sponsor

5th Gen CF Hood GD $300 + shipping

I have been trying to organize a CF Hood deal. The 4th gen hood deal is in jeopardy because of a miscommunication from an assistant at the manufacturer.
There are 20 people interested in the 4th gen hoods, if I can generate that kind of interest in the 5th gen hoods, there should be no problem.
Please see the following threads for more details:

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=285378

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=277412

Thank you.
Old 02-22-2004, 01:12 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I'll bite first...
  • Is local pickup to save on shipping cost possible?
  • Got any pics? I would like to see pics of it on a Maxima and also the underside if possible.
  • How much does it weigh (The REAL reason for cf IS weight reduction after all )
  • I'm assuming windshield washer holes are pre-drilled? What about pre-drilled hood pin holes?
  • I'm also assuming we're on our own for installation?
Old 02-22-2004, 06:35 PM
Former Sponsor

I unfortunately do not have any 5th gen hood pictures. It is an OEM style hood, the underside can be seen on the 4th gen hood in the other thread. I have no experience with these hoods, just offering my contacts with this manufacturer and a cheap way to get CF hoods to people. I only managed to get a sample of the 4th gen hood, the 5th gen hood was unavailable at the time. I will try to find out weight.
Windshield washer holes should be pre-drilled. (Will double check as I am going on the 4th gen hood as the reference)
Hood pin holes and installation you are on your own.

Sorry if this all seems not very well put together, a humble attempt at helping out and offering my services has become a tremendous headache and I'd much rather it all be over right now so I can concentrate on my own products.
Old 02-22-2004, 08:51 PM
I miss the .org!

My main questions are just:

I'm assuming it will have the hood latch thing, and the hood strut mounts built in?
Does it have the underhood "skeleton" support thing?
Do they have rolled edges or not? (both types have their advantages, for everyone else out there)
What are the shipping costs?
Old 02-22-2004, 08:54 PM
Former Sponsor

Yes it will havehood latch, and hood strut mounts.
Yes it has the underhood skeleton.
The edges are not rolled (I do not really know what that means but compared pictures provided to me of a "rolled" hood and compared to the one I have.)
Shipping costs, I was told should be $80-100. This is with an account with DHL, which I do not have, I have been waiting for one of their sales people to call me back which they have not, to confirm.
Old 02-22-2004, 09:39 PM
Suspension Yoda

i've emailed groupdeals@paradox-systems.com for info on where to send the money...just waiting on a response
Old 02-23-2004, 04:16 AM
Former Sponsor

Got your email, holding on response until I see what kind of interest there is in this.
Old 02-24-2004, 08:17 AM
Suspension Yoda

free bump..c'mon guys who needs a CF hood for the upcoming springtime?
Old 02-27-2004, 08:44 AM
Suspension Yoda

bump....can anyone tell i really want this hood?
Old 02-28-2004, 04:03 PM
maximum_rpm_nyc

I need a CF hood
I'm in.

Old 03-03-2004, 10:44 PM

So what is the situation on this deal. Is it still going on because I need a cf hood. Just need to know how many more 5th gen are needed and what time expectancy are we looking at for the wait.
Old 03-04-2004, 05:58 AM
Suspension Yoda

i'm still in...just haven't heard anything
BigDogJonx-5th Gen.
doublea-5th Gen.
chris'smax-5th Gen.
djfrestyl-5th Gen.
those are the 4 ppl that need 5th gen hoods.
Old 03-04-2004, 06:11 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Well I dont know if I still want to be in this deal since there are a few issues with the hood to me. I want rolled edges and I remember the 4th gen hood did not have rolled edges.

Also Im slightly skeptical on the fitment without someone who hasnt done it yet. There have been a few other companies that have had issues with fitment after the hood was made. Im sure you dont want to order 20hoods and then have 20 people complain that the fitment is crap.

Dixit
Old 03-04-2004, 06:45 AM

This seems like a good deal for a CF hood, but price is one thing, like Big Dog said fitting issue can be a serious bug. I want one but it seem that no one has a pics of the hood on a fifth gen. I dont want to end-up having a crappy product on my beauty, and shipping for me is like 235-250$ that make a pretty expensive hood specially if there is a fitting issue. If you can re-assure me of the quality with a pics then my money would fly to you. Where do we send payment and do you accept paypal.

Cheers

AA
Old 03-04-2004, 08:27 AM

as asked before.....will it be possible to pick it up locally to save on shipping.....if yes im in...if not il think about it.....thanks
Old 03-04-2004, 10:57 AM
Former Sponsor

I haven't forgotten about you guys. I have finalized things w/ my manufacturer.

I can not testify to the fitment of the hoods because I do not have one on hand and they do not have pictures of it on a car. They told me it should fit like an OEM hood. They will not tell me who they supply but, it is not VIS so if they are the only ones w/ fitment issues, this should not have them. (Sorry, this is my best guess)

Remember, there is no refund on these. (Unless damaged) This is a one time deal. Hood should arrive to me mid to late April.

Local pick up - YES.

I will start to collect money now. Cut-off will be next Tuesday. No later because the order will be in and can not be changed.

PLEASE PAY ATTENTION:

I will need to collect the full amount of the hood. To avoid delays in getting the hood to you and to avoid people changing their mind after the fact.
If you wish to place an order, fill out this form http://home.earthlink.net/~hliu12/orderform.jpg and mail check or money order for $400 (Make sure checks are signed please) to:

Paradox Systems
Attn: CF Hoods
34-21 61 St.
Woodside, NY 11377

Please follow that up with an email with your real name so I know to expect it and to add your order to the list.

Paypal sales: sales@paradox-systems.com for $412.
Be sure to include your shipping address.
No need for an additional email for paypal orders as the paypal confirmation will be enough.

Shipping address must be business address. Home address is more.

If you fail to follow these instructions, I can not guarantee your spot on this GD.

There is no minimum for 5th gens but if 4th gen orders + 5th gen orders do not add up to at least 20 pieces, I may have problems.
Old 03-04-2004, 11:14 AM

Sorry guys i'm going to have to pull out. I want a cf hood with rolled edges. Also I want to make sure the fittment is good. I think I am just going to get the vis.

Good luck with the deal
Chris
Old 03-04-2004, 12:53 PM

So basically we have to buy without seing the product and pray for having a tigh fit... Dont get me wrong the price is great but price is one thing, quality and after sale service is another thing, I know you may doing this for nothing but the 100$ difference for me is near nothing so I may just do like chris'smax and buy the VIS.

I will give you my final answer this week-end.

Cheers

AA
Old 03-04-2004, 01:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Unfortunately this is the only way I can do it, I am pretty much doing this for nothing, just allowing you guys access to a manufacturer that I use.
Through further talking to the manufacturer I have gotten a guarantee no fitment. Once I receive the hoods, if someone local wants to pick up and install within 7 days, I will be able to send them back if it does not fit.

Cliff notes:
I receive hoods, hold onto the 5th gen ones. One local guy tries it on, if it fits, I send them out. If it doesn't I refund money.
Old 03-05-2004, 10:52 PM
maximum_rpm_nyc

Ooh Ooh I volunteer.
Mojo holla back dood.
BTW hows da car runnin ?

Old 03-07-2004, 10:36 AM
Former Sponsor

I need payments if this is going to happen. Not too much response. If you want in, please email me and let me know you're 100% in so I can add you to the list.

Car is running.. not well but running.. I try not to drive it.
Old 03-07-2004, 07:14 PM
maximum_rpm_nyc

Originally Posted by MaxMoJo
I need payments if this is going to happen. Not too much response. If you want in, please email me and let me know you're 100% in so I can add you to the list.

Car is running.. not well but running.. I try not to drive it.
I'm in 100%. I trust you enough from personal experience you're not gonna try to sell crappy products.
Let me know if you need a test fit.

I need to finish up this dang Armada in the shop, I've been diagnosing for days on its no crank no start condition. I got her to crank, but still no start. I've gone through it all, last thing left is ECM, backorder 3 weeks.

I gotta come thru and check out yer car.

Old 03-07-2004, 11:39 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

^ wow...an expensive toy broken.
Old 03-09-2004, 01:19 PM
Former Sponsor

Because of delay contacting people, any stragglers have until my next post to confirm their order one way or another.
Old 03-09-2004, 05:26 PM
maximum_rpm_nyc

Originally Posted by chinaonnitrous1
^ wow...an expensive toy broken.
Expensve toy broken ended up as 10.0hrs of diagnostic time for lying to Nissan Service about tampering w/ the DVD Navi unit, which shorted out the BCM since he tapped a positive line for an accessory, found splice and re-tape whole harness, make it look OEM. Funny how we took apart another Armada w/ NAVI and found harness exposed w/o tape on it. ECM cooked when was installing remote start by an unauthorized alarm shop.(ie. friend who's an electrician)
Our labor rate is 89/hr. This doesn't include ECM cost, shipping, and installation.

Case closed.